Go to solution Solved by SOLVE-SMART,

17 hours ago, OJBakker said:

I have one addition with the function part, the handling of use of the keyword 'default'.

Hi @OJBakker, thanks for your suggestion. I think it's a good idea and I will add a function example for the usage of 'default' 🤝 .

17 hours ago, Nisteo said:

But in help file I found this:

Not ("string1" == "string2")

Hi @Nisteo, thanks for the hint 🤝 . I was referring to this wiki page article, but in the help file here for "Operators" I can not find NOT <> which is good. I will remove this "Not equal combinative" variant from the cheat sheet. Otherwise it's confusing a bit, you're right.

Best regards
Sven

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

👨‍🏫 WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

On 2/12/2023 at 4:17 PM, AutoBert said:

but don't forget the '#' :

As you wished for @AutoBert, a "Comments" section is also included in the Cheat Sheet 😅🤪 . See this post.

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

@OJBakker, I extend the function section by a example of the usage of the Default keyword. Thanks again for your suggestion.
@Nisteo, I removed "Not <>", like I wrote before. Cheat Sheet is up-to-date.

If there are no more recommendations, ideas etc., I will publish the AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet at the end of the week.
See this post for the links to the Cheat Sheet.

Best regards
Sven

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

Thanks @Nisteo, I checked it with VSCode and found unfortunately the same result and behavior 😔 .
I cannot adjust this in any way. It's the way cheatography build their frontend/website.

An working alternative is: Copy-paste from the PDF Version of the Cheat Sheet 😀 .

Best regards
Sven

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

Remarks:

• Please put the links to the website/pdf in the first post, so people can actually find it without searching the entire thread.
  • Logical Operators (And, Or, Not, evaluating conditions) are not Binary operators (BitAnd, BitOr, etc, acting on values/bitmasks)!
  • Modulus "not %" is confusing (see previous point), and it's not an actual example of usage like all the others; maybe: Mod<tab>Modulus<tab>Mod(val1, val2)
  • the Select example does not emphasize the difference from Switch; the former evaluates conditional expressions (dynamic, slow), the latter specific (ranges of)  values (hardcoded, fast)
  • In Comparison Operators, ci and cl are difficult to distinguish, maybe use capitals (CI/CL)?

Hi @RTFC,

these are great remarks, thank you 🤝 . I will adjust several things and will comment some of your statements as I have to explain a little bit further (but later).

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

1 hour ago, RTFC said:

Please put the links to the website/pdf in the first post, so people can actually find it without searching the entire thread.

Done ✔

1 hour ago, RTFC said:

Logical Operators (And, Or, Not, evaluating conditions) are not Binary operators (BitAnd, BitOr, etc, acting on values/bitmasks)!

You're right. The description/explanation in the wiki tutorial is wrong.

2 hours ago, RTFC said:

Modulus "not %" is confusing (see previous point), and it's not an actual example of usage like all the others; maybe: Mod<tab>Modulus<tab>Mod(val1, val2)

Done ✔

2 hours ago, RTFC said:

the Select example does not emphasize the difference from Switch; the former evaluates conditional expressions (dynamic, slow), the latter specific (ranges of)  values (hardcoded, fast)

Improved it by the help file example ✔

2 hours ago, RTFC said:

In Comparison Operators, ci and cl are difficult to distinguish, maybe use capitals (CI/CL)?

Done ✔

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

My 2 cents worth ;)

Au3Check and Au3Stripper are extra utilities to enhance coding.
I would describe them in a separate section (if possible with a different color) and add a description to the block of each tool like "Au3Check - Checks the script for syntax errors".
So coders can distinguish between the core language and extra tools.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

As always, a valuable assessment from you @water, even if it's only 2 cents 😁 .

20 minutes ago, water said:

[...] a separate section (if possible with a different color) and add a description to the block of each tool [...]

I could change the color of this section/block (it's now a red one) and I could add a description ✔ .
Thank you @water 🤝 .

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

On 2/22/2023 at 1:43 PM, SOLVE-SMART said:

The description/explanation in the wiki tutorial is wrong.

I tried to update the tutorial but noticed that

• The information in the Operators section is just a duplication of the help file
  • The tables are badly formatted (by using HTML and not the wiki markups), other formatting is comkpletely wrong (e.g. precedence of operators)
  • The coding of the examples do not adhere to the standards (hungarian notation etc.) described in other tutorials
  • last but not least: The tutorial is described as "cheat sheet" ;)

If I find some spare time I will

• Remove duplicated information. The help file is the bible of AutoIt. As we do not want to update information in multiple places I will just insert a link to the help file.
  • Update the examples so they adhere to our standards
  • Update formatting

What do you think?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

8 hours ago, water said:

What do you think?

In case you have some spare time @water, it would be wonderful if you would do this 😊 .
Thank you very much!

💡 I will double check and adjust the links in the Cheat Sheets which probably could refer to the wrong sites (tutorial etc.).

Best regards
Sven

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thank you @kurtykurtyboy 😀 .

I had a similar suggestion (and discussion about it) in the german AutoIt forum, regarding Const. Let me try to explain.

The content which is in the Cheat Sheet is (hopefully) well thought out.

I agree with your question about what is useful (Static, Const etc.) and what not, so thank you 👍 .
The problem I see is that it's hard to differ between which should be in and what not. In case I would add Static and Const, I also should add several other things.
Maybe Dim, Enum etc.?! Or I should explain the usage of Arrays a bit more, because it's really essential to AutoIt (in my opinion). But then I would also have to add more information to the other data types and so on. That's why I tried to set a concrete cut.

A common Cheat Sheet (for other programming language) is not longer then two or three pages (I mean the PDF version). So in case I add several more things, I will break the "best practices" and I am would still be unsure about what also should be in and what not 😅 .

💡 More details information of the language can and should be read from the documentation/reference (in my opinion). The Cheat Sheet is just a quick overview and should drive curiosity to know more about the language.

Anyway, thanks again @kurtykurtyboy. How would you personally handle such a Cheat Sheet? I am totally open to change my view of point by good recommendations/suggestions and reasons 😇 .

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub