Report Help File Issues Here

guinness

_GUICtrlMenu_SetMenuStyle

My suggestion is obviously to add that.

Additionally the $tagMENUINFO also lacks the extended description.

Done. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

So from what trancexx said, __ArrayQuickSort2D should probably be this >>

Func __ArrayQuickSort2D(ByRef $avArray, Const ByRef $iStep, Const ByRef $iStart, Const ByRef $iEnd, Const ByRef $iSubItem, Const ByRef $iSubMax)

Or since they are mostly integers, this >>

Func __ArrayQuickSort2D(ByRef $avArray, $iStep, $iStart, $iEnd, $iSubItem, $iSubMax)

Which would ideally be more appropriate?

Done.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

The help file for WinTitleMatchMode said, the time I looked at it:

-1 to -4 = case insensitive match

Done. Re-worded for better clarification.

UDF List:

Could bring up again the issue of adding _ArrayDisplay back into the Debug UDF a UDF I haven't seen used a whole lot.

From what I know, this won't happen as it will be duplicating code.

UDF List:

DllCallAddress: (No results found for 'dllcalladdress'.)

Warning: ... Before using this function make sure DllCall() doesn't do what you need.

???

New description is:

Before using this function make sure you check DllCall() doesn't provide you with the same function.

That makes more sense to you?

guinness, revert that change please.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Before using this function make sure you check DllCall(), to see if it doesn't provide you with the same function.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I'm not in a position to revert it right now, but the old version is still badly worded

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I undersand the above sentence fine.

I would still like to know if the suggestion I made earlier is going to be considered. I have added weight and strengthened the case for a better description (see my previous post). If you read the link I posted in my rant earlier, you will start to understand why I'm so insistant that this be looked at. The sentence is prone to misconception, and this fact has actually been niggling me since 2010. I have just turned a blind eye to it until now.

After recent discussion, I feel it is even more of an issue than I previously thought. It is not a question of grammar, but rather a question of semantics. I find it hard to associate the current sentence with the actual facts.

Edited by czardas

BitRotate

Local $z = BitRotate(14, -2, "D")

; z == -2147483645 because 1110b right-rotated twice on 16 bits is 1000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0011b == 2147483645

32, "D" rotate bits within the entire double-word (32 bits).

2147483645 missing '-'

I propose to write so

$x = BitRotate(7, 2)
; x = 28 because 7 left-rotated twice is converted to 28
;  7 in binary 0000000000000111
; 28 in binary 0000000000011100

$y = BitRotate(14, -2)
;  y = 32771 because 14 right-rotated twice on 16 bits is converted to 32771
;    14 in binary 0000000000001110
; 32771 in binary 1000000000000011

$z = BitRotate(14, -2, "D")
;  z = -2147483645 because 14 right-rotated twice on 32 bits is converted to -2147483645
;          14 in binary 00000000000000000000000000001110
; -2147483645 in binary 10000000000000000000000000000011

MsgBox(0, 'BitRotate', $x & @LF & $y & @LF & $z)

This clearly shows. I do not understand is "1 1100b". I'm not a programmer so I do not know that 'b' is the type of number. And I do not know from which location shift, because I clearly do not see it.

Edited by AZJIO

$x = BitShift(14, 2)
;  x = 3 because 14 right-shifted twice produces 3
; 14 = 00000000000000000000000000001110 in binary
;  3 = 00000000000000000000000000000011 in binary

$y = BitShift(14, -2)
;  y = 56 because 14 left-shifted twice produces 56
; 14 = 00000000000000000000000000001110 in binary
; 56 = 00000000000000000000000000111000 in binary

$z = BitShift(1, -31)
;  z = -2147483648 because in 2's-complement notation, the
;  32nd digit from the right has a negative sign.
;           1 = 00000000000000000000000000000001 in binary
; -2147483648 = 10000000000000000000000000000000 in binary

MsgBox(0, 'BitShift', $x & @LF & $y & @LF & $z)

Edited by AZJIO

Meh, lets over-engineer this whole thing and get pedantic about a sentence that made sense in the first place if you thought about it for more than a millisecond:

Only use this function if DllCall() can't provide you with the required functionality.

By all means commit this yourself, I won't be touching that sentence anymore.

UDF List:

There is no dispute.

UDF List:

I offered my version, I hope you will understand me. How this will look better in the English language, you decide.

It looks okay to me after your last modification. I thought it was okay (as it was in the help file) previously, apart from the error with the negative sign. It can be worded in many ways, but what you have is simple and straight forward.

I imagine most non-programmers would think of binary as a continuous number base counting system like other number bases (which is how I learned it in school). When I first saw 0111b I thought perhaps it meant something different from 0111a. I quickly realised that b stood for binary, but I still don't know if the notation is standard programming etiquette, or if someone simply made it up on the spot.

Edited by czardas