Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DORA

Error !! in different operating system

19 posts in this topic

Hi all

here is me little problem :idiot:

i tried to make a little code that deals with excel files Posted Image

everything is going fine in my win7 but ;) with windows xp this error will show up >>

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Material Project\last.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
+>19:39:02 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
+>19:39:02 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Material Project\last.au3"    
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3 (191) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
If $sPassword = "" And $sWritePassword = "" Then .WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath, Default, $fReadOnly)
If $sPassword = "" And $sWritePassword = "" Then .WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath, Default, $fReadOnly)^ ERROR
->19:39:07 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 6.624

any help !! :)

Seems there is a problem with .WorkBooks.Open

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

:) Edited by DORA

here it is can you tell me what is wrong ??

Not really. Sorry.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Not really. Sorry.

Thanks

The problem is you haven't provided enough code, the Function you gave requires me to start coding and then I probably wouldn't be able to replicate the error. If you can provide an example that has the problem then maybe I can help!

still waiting

OK.

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

The problem is you haven't provided enough code, the Function you gave requires me to start coding and then I probably wouldn't be able to replicate the error. If you can provide an example that has the problem then maybe I can help!

OK.

sorry my bad :)

Edited by DORA

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

Posted Image Edited by DORA

OK, seems the Excel.au3 is having problems reading the XLS File. I keep getting 0 returned from _ExcelBookOpen() Therefore it's best to wait for someone to answer your question. I also wouldn't recommend bumping your post every time. Give it at least 24 hours please.

Could this be due to a change in the Excel object?

I have a script using the _Word UDF which will work in later versions of word, but not before the Office 2002 version.

Perhaps big change to Office suite made around then by MS?

William

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

when i change the function to this it works !!

Posted Image

Edited by DORA

Same issue here. Failing to open workbook.

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

is there code somewhere i am not seeing (other than the error pasted in the OP, websense likes to block things surreptitiously)

i.e. post #12 does not contain any substance, though it infers it should.

when i change the function to this it works !!

Posted Image

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Guys, anybody aware of any resolution to this?

When I run $sFilePath1 = "fileserverdatatestfilename.xls", the $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath1, 1, 1) works

But when I run $sFilePath1 = "c:filename.xls" it gives me the following error:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3 (191) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

appreciate any help

Do you have write access on C:

Copy the file to c:temp and try again.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#19 ·  Posted (edited)

Is this working ?

$oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")

$oExcel.Visible = 1

$oExcel.WorkBooks.Open($FilePath1)

PS.

Is there a difference between the OS (64/32 bit) and in the ofice packages installed ?

Edited by Juvigy