Sign in to follow this  
jWalker

Change mousespeed via AutoIt (like in System Settings)

jWalker

Hey guys,

can i change the mouse speed via AutoIt?

I want to make a nice little GUI where all necessary settings, that have to be done while clicking through different windows UIs, can be done easily in one window.

First of all i want to change the mouse speed...

Is there any Function or DLL call or RegEdit able to do that?

i'd appreciate your help :graduated:

funkey

#Include <WinAPIEx.au3>

Global $SpeedOrig = RegRead("HKCU\Control Panel\Mouse", "MouseSensitivity")
_WinAPI_SystemParametersInfo(113, 0, 1, 2) ; 1 = slowest
Sleep(2000)
_WinAPI_SystemParametersInfo(113, 0, 20, 2) ; 20 = fastest
Sleep(2000)
_WinAPI_SystemParametersInfo(113, 0, $SpeedOrig, 2)

Edit: 113 = SPI_SETMOUSESPEED = 0x0071

Edited by funkey

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

jWalker

I need

for this to work right?

guinness

No, only WinAPI.au3 which is included with AutoIt.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

jWalker

Nope sir..

i needed the extended one

#Include <WinAPIEx.au3>

See?

EDIT:

Or are these functions in both files and i only had to change the include to WinAPI?

So what - it works fine by now :graduated:

Edited by jWalker

guinness

No, I'm quite sure you only need WinAPI.au3. :graduated: funkey wrote down WinAPIEx.au3 but you don't need that include only WinAPI.au3.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

jWalker

You are right..

It works with both - the normal built in and the extended version.

Funkey is maybe always using only the extended one and used it from habit...

guinness

You are right..

Thanks. :graduated: Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• badcoder123
      By badcoder123
      Hey, all.  
      I've been looking for a way to change cursor colour but not the cursor itself. I've been looking for a couple hours now and can't find anything.  I also don't even know where to start, if anyone has any tips or examples please comment them.
      Thanks
    • faustf
      By faustf
      hi guys how is possible set a speed of  all function _Ie ?? 
    • HardXOR
      By HardXOR
      Hello AutoIt community
      I run into speed problem in my script wich i cant solve myself, problem is with decoding texture loop - for better explanation, you need extract from file pallete (16x 16 RGB color) and picture data (224 * 128 byte), then use correct color for your picture data.... nothing extra hard and also texture is quite small 224*256
      it is for my car model viewer/later maybe editor GranTurismo 2 from Playstation 1, so its old dataformat and i cant understand why AutoIt take so long to decode texture when good old Playstation almost 2,5 decades old can do that nearly immediately (when you list through cars in shop or garage)
      My first atempt was create all trought dllstructure, because its easier approach, but it was soooo slow (40-50s for create textures) then i upgrade my routine via arrays, first 3D arrays later only 1D, next i put decoding colors outside loop but it is still not enough, my last version took cca 15s wich is still unacceptable for car model viewer when you click on one carmodel from listview (1100 cars for whole game) and you must wait 15-16s for model to load....  oh and i forgot mention some cars have more then 1 color (much more... 8-9-10 etc) soloading take 8-9-10 times more time
      in attachment i post texture file from GranTurismo 2 for one car (contain only 1 color) and also my dll struct version and array version code
      dll struct version - ± 40 sec (33 without saving)
      #include <FileConstants.au3> Global $IMDT[256][256][4] LoadTexture("ufs9r.cdp") Func LoadTexture($file) $fileHandle = FileOpen($file, $FO_BINARY) $header = FileRead($fileHandle, 0x20) ConsoleWrite("header> " & $header & @CRLF) $PAL = FileRead($fileHandle, 0x200) ConsoleWrite("PAL> " & $PAL & @CRLF) FileSetPos($fileHandle, 0x43A0, $FILE_BEGIN) $IMD = FileRead($fileHandle, 0x7000) ConsoleWrite("IMD> " & $IMD & @CRLF) $st = DllStructCreate("BYTE[512]") DllStructSetData($st, 1, $PAL) $struct_PAL = DllStructCreate("WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16];WORD[16]", DllStructGetPtr($st)) $struct_IMD = DllStructCreate("BYTE[" & 0x7000 & "]") DllStructSetData($struct_IMD, 1, $IMD) $start = TimerInit() For $i = 0 To 15 For $j = 0 To 223 $cn = 0 For $k = 0 To 127 $bt = DllStructGetData($struct_IMD, 1, $j * 128 + $k + 1) $blue = BitShift(DllStructGetData($struct_PAL, $i + 1, BitAND($bt, 0x0F) + 1), 7) $IMDT[$j][$cn][0] = $blue $green = BitShift(DllStructGetData($struct_PAL, $i + 1, BitAND($bt, 0x0F) + 1), 2) $IMDT[$j][$cn][1] = $green $red = BitShift(DllStructGetData($struct_PAL, $i + 1, BitAND($bt, 0x0F) + 1), - 3) $IMDT[$j][$cn][2] = $red If DllStructGetData($struct_PAL, $i + 1, BitAND($bt, 0x0F) + 1) = 0 Then $IMDT[$j][$cn][3] = 0x00 Else $IMDT[$j][$cn][3] = 0xFF EndIf $cn += 1 $blue = BitShift(DllStructGetData($struct_PAL, $i + 1, BitShift($bt, 4) + 1), 7) $IMDT[$j][$cn][0] = $blue $green = BitShift(DllStructGetData($struct_PAL, $i + 1, BitShift($bt, 4) + 1), 2) $IMDT[$j][$cn][1] = $green $red = BitAND(BitShift(DllStructGetData($struct_PAL, $i + 1, BitShift($bt, 4) + 1), - 3), 0xFF) $IMDT[$j][$cn][2] = $red If DllStructGetData($struct_PAL, $i + 1, BitShift($bt, 4) + 1) = 0 Then $IMDT[$j][$cn][3] = 0x00 Else $IMDT[$j][$cn][3] = 0xFF EndIf $cn += 1 Next Next saveTGA($i) Next ConsoleWrite("t " & TimerDiff($start) & @CRLF) ; +- 40 seconds FileClose($fileHandle) EndFunc Func saveTGA($name) Local $tga[18] = [0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01, 0x20, 0x20] Local $data for $i = 0 To 17 $data &= Hex($tga[$i], 2) Next For $i = 0 To 255 For $j = 0 To 255 For $k = 0 To 3 $data &= hex($IMDT[$i][$j][$k], 2) Next Next Next $binary = FileOpen("test\" & $name & ".tga", BitOR($FO_BINARY, $FO_OVERWRITE, $FO_CREATEPATH)) FileWrite($binary, "0x" & $data) FileClose($binary) EndFunc  
      array version - ± 15 sec (under 10s without saving)
      #include <FileConstants.au3> LoadTexture2("ufs9r.cdp") Func LoadTexture2($file) $fileHandle = FileOpen($file, $FO_BINARY) $a = TimerInit() Global $header[0x20] For $i = 0 To UBound($header) - 1 $header[$i] = Int(String(FileRead($fileHandle, 1))) ; read 0x20 bytes Next ConsoleWrite("header " & TimerDiff($a) & @CRLF) $a = TimerInit() Global $PAL[0x100] For $i = 0 To UBound($PAL) - 1 $PAL[$i] = Number(FileRead($fileHandle, 2)) ; read 0x200 (16*16) words Next Global $PALcolor[16 * 16 * 4] For $i = 0 To UBound($PAL) - 1 $PALcolor[$i * 4 + 0] = BitShift($PAL[$i], 7) $PALcolor[$i * 4 + 1] = BitShift($PAL[$i], 2) $PALcolor[$i * 4 + 2] = BitShift($PAL[$i], -3) If $PAL[$i] = 0 Then $PALcolor[$i * 4 + 3] = 0x00 Else $PALcolor[$i * 4 + 3] = 0xFF EndIf Next ConsoleWrite("PAL " & TimerDiff($a) & @CRLF) $a = TimerInit() FileSetPos($fileHandle, 0x43A0, $FILE_BEGIN) Global $IMD[0x7000] For $i = 0 To UBound($IMD) - 1 $IMD[$i] = Int(String(FileRead($fileHandle, 1))) ; read 0x7000 bytes Next ConsoleWrite("IMD " & TimerDiff($a) & @CRLF) Global $IMDT[256*256*4] $a = TimerInit() For $i = 0 To 15 For $j = 0 To 223 $cn = 0 For $k = 0 To 127 $byte = $IMD[$j * 128 + $k] ; byte for decode $index = $j * 1024 + $cn * 4 $index2 = $i * 0x40 + BitAND($byte, 0x0F) * 4 $IMDT[$index + 0] = $PALcolor[$index2 + 0] ; blue $IMDT[$index + 1] = $PALcolor[$index2 + 1] ; green $IMDT[$index + 2] = $PALcolor[$index2 + 2] ; red $IMDT[$index + 3] = $PALcolor[$index2 + 3] ; alpha $cn += 1 $index = $j * 1024 + $cn * 4 $index2 = $i * 0x40 + BitShift($byte, 4) * 4 $IMDT[$index + 0] = $PALcolor[$index2 + 0] ; blue $IMDT[$index + 1] = $PALcolor[$index2 + 1] ; green $IMDT[$index + 2] = $PALcolor[$index2 + 2] ; red $IMDT[$index + 3] = $PALcolor[$index2 + 3] ; alpha $cn += 1 Next Next ;~ $b = TimerInit() saveTGA2($i) ;~ ConsoleWrite("save TGA " & TimerDiff($b) & @CRLF) Next ConsoleWrite("full time " & TimerDiff($a) & @CRLF) ; 16 seconds FileClose($fileHandle) EndFunc Func saveTGA2($name) Local $tga[18] = [0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01, 0x20, 0x20] Local $data For $i = 0 To 17 $data &= Hex($tga[$i], 2) Next For $i = 0 To UBound($IMDT) - 1 $data &= Hex($IMDT[$i], 2) Next $binary = FileOpen("test\" & $name & ".tga", BitOR($FO_BINARY, $FO_OVERWRITE, $FO_CREATEPATH)) FileWrite($binary, "0x" & $data) FileClose($binary) EndFunc if anyone can optimize my code I would be very grateful, or pointing me to better solution, thx
      ufs9r.cdp
    • Jefrey
      By Jefrey
      Needed a way to store global temporary & permanent information and came up with this.
      This is inspired by NodeJS's store and store2 packages, as well as W3 specs' localStorage and sessionStorage, offering multiple ways of usage.
      This is not related to any browser's storage, nor will allow you to access or modify browsers storage - although this is possible and not a hard task, this is not what this UDF is intended to do.
      This UDF offers functions for temporary storage (that gets cleaned up once the application is shutdown) that is kept on memory using ScriptingDictionary, as well as for permanent storage, that is saved on the harddisk as an encrypted file.
      sessionStorage (temporary storage)
      It's useful to keep application state and temporary settings accessible by any part of your script (although it could also be done with a global variable, I still prefer this method).
      You have multiple ways, at your choice, to:
      ; add or modify a key sessionStorage("foo", "bar") store("foo", "bar") sessionStorage_set("foo", "bar") sessionStorage_setItem("foo", "bar") ; read a key (returns false if key does not exist) $read = sessionStorage("foo") $read = store("foo") $read = sessionStorage_get("foo") $read = sessionStorage_getItem("foo") ; delete a key sessionStorage_remove("foo") ; delete all keys sessionStorage_clear() sessionStorage_clearAll() localStorage (permanent storage)
      It's useful to store user-defined settings.
      ; initialize ; this is optional, but allows you to control ; how things are going to be saved localStorage_startup([file where you want the settings to be saved], [crypt password]) ; by default, if not supplied, if supplied the "Default" keyword (or if you dont initialize), ; the file will be a random-named file (based on @ScriptFullPath) at user's %APPDATA% ; and the password will also be based on @ScriptFullPath ; you can set only the crypt password if you want: ; localStorage_startup(Default, "mypassword") ; the usage is the same as sessionStorage ; add or modify a key localStorage("foo", "bar") store2("foo", "bar") ; notice the '2' localStorage_set("foo", "bar") localStorage_setItem("foo", "bar") ; read a key (returns false if key does not exist) $read = localStorage("foo") $read = store2("foo") $read = localStorage_get("foo") $read = localStorage_getItem("foo") ; delete a key localStorage_remove("foo") ; delete all keys localStorage_clear() localStorage_clearAll() Download
    • Tarakesh
      By Tarakesh
      I have a situation where the desktop is designed in java swings. The nodes JTree is not allowing me to do checkbox selection using "spacebar". I am able to navigate through the nodes using up, down arrow and a tab. When I reach to the desire node selection, mouse left click is not working due a flaw a JTree core. However since it is selected, if mouse cursor auto moved to the position of the selection and send a "click"  then it should be solved. Any ideas much appreciated. 
      the problem with having fixed coordinates are the main windows is divided to 2panels where right panel containing this JTree can be expanded or shrink-ed.