ISN AutoIt Studio [old thread]

ISI360

The ESC key sends the "close command" to the current active windows...so with ESC you can easy close for example the settings windows or others.

You can also activate in the program settings under General -> "Confirm exiting AutoIt Studio". So you can not exit the ISN accidentally.

Also if you close the whole ISN with the ESC-key...it´s not an abrupt exit...nothing of your data is lost.

The ISN runs the regualt exit-function and asks you if you want to save you files (if something has changed).

And if nothing helps...compile your own exe with Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 0) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tremendous work.  This is really great so far.  I am trying to learn it well enough to adapt to the way I use AutoIT.  One thing I definitely use alot with Guis is the OnEvent Mode rather than the Message Loop Mode.  I looked all around in the Form studio, but am unable to find any option that allows the "Generate code" to provide OnEvent code.  Am I missing it somewhere?

I also went through all the posts before I posted so I didnt restate something.  I noted that someone mentioned version control support with svn.  I would love to see Git/Github support.  Currently the backup function appears to copy the file over and over again even if changes havent been made.  While I am not overly familiar with svn, I do know Git handles that pretty well.

off topic, I noticed that all of the help files did not show any content when I downloaded and viewed them from ISN (compiled portable version, not installable version).  I have seen this before and figured I would let people know that the zip file is "blocked" (by design).  To resolve the situation, simply right click -> properties -> unblock before decompressing.  

Can I ask what version of AutoIt you are using for the .94 compile?  I tried with my install and it failed for a number of reasons.  I would just like to make sure I am starting with the same thing you are.

Thanks!

btw, using ISN .94 beta (v 23.07.2013) in portable mode on Win7 64bit 

Edited by Reaper HGN

Thanks for your feedback ;)

About OnEvent mode:
You do not ned the "generate AutoIt code"-Button in the formstudio! This is only to "see" a runable version of the gui. Not more!

You can simply include the .isf file in your AutoIt Script and use it as you want! In the raw .isf there are no includes or loops...so you can use it as you want!

(With while loops or OnEvent Mode) See the "testprojekt" as an example. (If you don´t have the tesproject you can get it under settings -> Advanced)

About svn & co:

Currently none of these are planed...but with 0.95 its possible to made a changelog inside of your project and add some comments to it.

ISN 0.94 is compiled with the latest AutoiT Version 3.3.8.1. App runs only as 32bit! (x64 crashes!)

Besides that ISN has the possibility to write plugins for it (like for example form studio).

About Plugins:

ISN 0.95 BETA will get an entirely new Plugin System! This will allow you to build an plugin which appears in the "Tools" Menu and can be startet with or without a file!

Also the opportunities are expanded! Now the plugin can fully communicate with the ISN! (Asks for every varaible, run functions, run execute commands and so on...)

And with this new system someone could write a Plugin for TortoiseSVN or TortoiseGit. It should be possible ;)

Edited by ISI360

I have two questions.

1 - Is it necessary that the project file be named 'project.isn'?

If I rename the file to match my projects name, but keep the '.isn' extension (ex: myproj.isn), it does not seem to load properly.  If I rename it back to 'project.isn' again, it loads up just fine.

2 - I am curious about your 'secret' trophy.  Are there any hints as to what it is?

Edited by willichan

1- Got it.  I was updating my project folder generator (in my sig) templates to include an isn file for the project, and was naming it with the project.  I have it corrected and working now.  Thanks.

2 - Found it. :D  The trophies were an interesting diversion.  It took me a while to create the circumstances for each of them.  I guess I need to do some actual work now.

Excellent program.  This is a great dev studio.

• 2 weeks later...

I re-downloaded the code and tried to compile after re installing AutoIT to the version mentioned 3.3.8.1.  It appears to compile fine now.  I have not tested all yet, but notice a discrepancy in the size of the included exe and the version I compiled.  Mine is much smaller.  I tried no UPX as well, and it comes closer, but is still not as big as the included exe.  Are there any includes that are not packaged in the include directory perhaps?

I re-downloaded the code and tried to compile after re installing AutoIT to the version mentioned 3.3.8.1.  It appears to compile fine now.  I have not tested all yet, but notice a discrepancy in the size of the included exe and the version I compiled.  Mine is much smaller.  I tried no UPX as well, and it comes closer, but is still not as big as the included exe.  Are there any includes that are not packaged in the include directory perhaps?

If there was you would see an error. Probably missing files if I were to hazard a guess.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Using the FormStudio, in the Control Editor, "Look" tab, if I click on the "..." button for Image/Icon, an empty "Choose File" window opens, but has no navigation controls for me to browse to the image.

Just finished my first project using ISN Studio :thumbsup:

Oh boy, it's getting better and better.

And even if there are still some flaws and issues your GUI has become my editor of choice for autoit after many years.

Amazing work.

ISN Studio should be right beside the Scite download on the AutoIt website :sorcerer:

Cheers

Kristo

Cheap, Fast, Good - Choose any two

In addition to the problem I was experiencing >above, I am now getting the following error from the FormStudio2 that is built into AutoItStudio.

Die Datei F:\AU#PRO~1\PHONEL~1\lookup.isf kann nicht gelesen werden!

The file was created in FormStudio2, and was working fine until I added tabs.  The next time I opened the project after that, is when I got the error.

Any thoughts for either issue?

--- edit ---

If I click OK on the error, then wait a couple of minutes, the isf file will eventually open, complete with tabs.  Even after removing the tabs, however, I still get the error message every time I open the project.  The only solution I could find was to delete the isf file completely, and start over without the tabs.

Edited by willichan

• Jos locked this topic