A Non-Strict JSON UDF (JSMN)

Ward

22 hours ago, mLipok said:

I have a question what options are for $Option in Json_StringEncode($String, $Option = 0)

I saw this:

; The following constants can be combined to form options for Json_Encode()
Global Const $JSON_UNESCAPED_UNICODE = 1 ; Encode multibyte Unicode characters literally
Global Const $JSON_UNESCAPED_SLASHES = 2 ; Don't escape /
Global Const $JSON_HEX_TAG = 4 ; All < and > are converted to \u003C and \u003E
Global Const $JSON_HEX_AMP = 8 ; All &s are converted to \u0026
Global Const $JSON_HEX_APOS = 16 ; All ' are converted to \u0027
Global Const $JSON_HEX_QUOT = 32 ; All " are converted to \u0022
Global Const $JSON_UNESCAPED_ASCII = 64 ; Don't escape ascii charcters between chr(1) ~ chr(0x1f)
Global Const $JSON_PRETTY_PRINT = 128 ; Use whitespace in returned data to format it
Global Const $JSON_STRICT_PRINT = 256 ; Make sure returned JSON string is RFC4627 compliant
Global Const $JSON_UNQUOTED_STRING = 512 ; Output unquoted string if possible (conflicting with $Json_STRICT_PRINT)

Are $Option for Json_StringEncode() and Json_Encode() the same option values ?

Additionally:

I saw that @Danp2 uses 

Global Const $JSON_MLREFORMAT = 1024 ; Addition to constants from json.au3

https://github.com/Danp2/au3WebDriver/blob/6d50a0153f169bcf4aad9c6e74cc78c530b237e2/wd_core.au3#L91

In my opinion this variable should appear in JSON.au3 UDF and not in wd_core.au3 UDF

btw.
@Danp2 where or how did you find this new value ? Or is it just a combination of all mentioned above ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

4 minutes ago, mLipok said:

Are $Option for Json_StringEncode() and Json_Encode() the same option values ?

Based on my testing, I can say Yes.

In my opinion this variable should appear in JSON.au3 UDF and not in wd_core.au3 UDF

where or how did you find this new value ? Or is it just a combination of all mentioned above ?

While this is certainly possible, it doesn't make sense to me because this constant isn't used or supported by the JSON UDF. I was simply using the next available bit to allow the optional removal of tabs and cr/lf in __WD_EscapeString. This could become an issue if the JSON UDF was ever expanded with additional options, but this would require the C source code that isn't included with the UDF.

The name of this constant can be changed if that is causing you grief. I could also use a higher bit to avoid possible future conflicts.

On 5/6/2023 at 2:35 PM, Danp2 said:

but this would require the C source code that isn't included with the UDF.

I'm not sure if it is it, but.... check this following links:
https://github.com/zserge/jsmn

https://zserge.com/jsmn/

from the UDF header:

; Source    : jsmn.c
; Author    : zserge
; Website   : http://zserge.com/jsmn.html

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

aha thanks for clarification

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 5 months later...

Hello guyz !

i'm pulling my hairs with this problem since this morning.

i have a json that I can show you part of it below :

image.png.12e4099285067d1b5389d7767520c9b6.png

i can get the value for code but i cant get the value for values.name[0].data

this the part of  my code, in $response i receive the json above from an API request : 

$Data = Json_Decode($response)
$api_code           = json_ObjGet($Data, ".code")
$api_productname    = json_ObjGet($Data, ".values.name[0].data")

msgbox(0,"",$api_code & @crlf & $api_productname)

And that's what i have in the msgbox

image.png.be5d303e58b7a361ec12ff700791c869.png

whatever i try to get, as long there is an array in the path, it returns me nothing...

i tried this syntax also, but same result :

$api_productname    = json_ObjGet($Data, "values.name[0].data")

$api_productname    = json_ObjGet($Data, "[values][name][0][data]")

$api_productname    = json_ObjGet($Data, '["values"]["name"][0]["data"]')

i added a $json = Json_Dump($response) to be sure the path is correct, and that's what i can see in the console :

image.png.741244f8f86ce936193c4a8c5cf4b1b6.png

What am i doing wrong ??

Edited by cetipabo

• Developers

It is always helpfull when you want help to post the data in a text format (attached file)  so I/we can play with it and test. ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

22 minutes ago, Jos said:

It is always helpfull when you want help to post the data in a text format (attached file)  so I/we can play with it and test. ;) 

sorry i was affraid that the json was too big. So we can do this :

#include <Json.au3>

$response = '{"code":"JYJY496","family":"security_shoes","family_variant":"security_shoes_by_size","parent":null,"categories":["c_j_synergy"],"values":{"marque":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"jallatte"}],"statut":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0"}],"couleur":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"noir"}],"fabrication":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"tunisie"}],"type_chaussure":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"chaussures_de_securite_hautes"}],"systeme_de_fermeture":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"quicklio"}],"besoin":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":["restitution_d_energie"]}],"activity":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":["gros_oeuvre_tp_travaux_exterieurs"]}],"norme_iso":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":["en_iso_20345_2011"]}],"marquage_ce":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":["ci","hi","s3","src"]}],"photo_produit":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"1\/4\/a\/1\/14a114908cf6fc5f9447f4aca0cfa581ce00dc1c_JYJY496_JALTANO_SAS_ESD_lr.jpg","_links":{"download":{"href":"https:\/\/xxxxxx-staging.cloud.akeneo.com\/api\/rest\/v1\/media-files\/1\/4\/a\/1\/14a114908cf6fc5f9447f4aca0cfa581ce00dc1c_JYJY496_JALTANO_SAS_ESD_lr.jpg\/download"}}}],"name":[{"locale":"fr_FR","scope":null,"data":"JALTANO SAS ESD S3 CI HI SRC"}],"name_tech":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"JALTANO SAS ESD S3 CI HI SRC"}],"weight":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":{"amount":"1482.0000","unit":"GRAM"}}],"weight_brut":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":{"amount":"1717.0000","unit":"GRAM"}}],"privatif":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":false}],"specifique":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":false}],"sra_plat":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0.7300"}],"srb_plat":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0.3000"}],"sra_talon":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0.7000"}],"srb_talon":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0.2800"}],"descriptif":[{"locale":"fr_FR","scope":"web","data":"Chaussure de s\u00e9curit\u00e9 montante de style outdoor, con\u00e7ue avec une technologie anti-fatigue. Coloris noir. Chaussures\n\u00e9lectrostatiques dissipatrices ESD de classe environnementale II test\u00e9es suivant la norme EN 61340-4-3 et EN 61340-5-1\nprot\u00e9geant les dispositifs \u00e9lectroniques contre les ph\u00e9nom\u00e8nes de d\u00e9charge \u00e9lectrostatique."}]},"created":"2023-10-16T09:11:48+00:00","updated":"2023-10-16T15:01:13+00:00","associations":{"Embout":{"products":["PU00041"],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"antiperforation":{"products":[],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"doublure":{"products":[],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"prem_de_proprete":{"products":["TL00166"],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"semelle":{"products":["SM00002"],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"tige":{"products":["PL00028"],"product_models":[],"groups":[]}},"quantified_associations":{},"metadata":{"workflow_status":"working_copy"}}'

$Data               = Json_Decode($response)
$api_code           = json_ObjGet($Data, ".code")
$api_productname    = json_ObjGet($Data, ".values.name[0].data")

msgbox(0,"",$api_code & @crlf & $api_productname)

Edited by cetipabo

• Developers

Have a look at this code and see if that explains it:

#include "Json.au3"
$response = '{"code":"JYJY496","family":"security_shoes","family_variant":"security_shoes_by_size","parent":null,"categories":["c_j_synergy"],"values":{"marque":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"jallatte"}],"statut":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0"}],"couleur":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"noir"}],"fabrication":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"tunisie"}],"type_chaussure":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"chaussures_de_securite_hautes"}],"systeme_de_fermeture":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"quicklio"}],"besoin":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":["restitution_d_energie"]}],"activity":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":["gros_oeuvre_tp_travaux_exterieurs"]}],"norme_iso":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":["en_iso_20345_2011"]}],"marquage_ce":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":["ci","hi","s3","src"]}],"photo_produit":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"1\/4\/a\/1\/14a114908cf6fc5f9447f4aca0cfa581ce00dc1c_JYJY496_JALTANO_SAS_ESD_lr.jpg","_links":{"download":{"href":"https:\/\/jallatte-staging.cloud.akeneo.com\/api\/rest\/v1\/media-files\/1\/4\/a\/1\/14a114908cf6fc5f9447f4aca0cfa581ce00dc1c_JYJY496_JALTANO_SAS_ESD_lr.jpg\/download"}}}],"name":[{"locale":"fr_FR","scope":null,"data":"JALTANO SAS ESD S3 CI HI SRC"}],"name_tech":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"JALTANO SAS ESD S3 CI HI SRC"}],"weight":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":{"amount":"1482.0000","unit":"GRAM"}}],"weight_brut":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":{"amount":"1717.0000","unit":"GRAM"}}],"privatif":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":false}],"specifique":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":false}],"sra_plat":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0.7300"}],"srb_plat":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0.3000"}],"sra_talon":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0.7000"}],"srb_talon":[{"locale":null,"scope":null,"data":"0.2800"}],"descriptif":[{"locale":"fr_FR","scope":"web","data":"Chaussure de s\u00e9curit\u00e9 montante de style outdoor, con\u00e7ue avec une technologie anti-fatigue. Coloris noir. Chaussures\n\u00e9lectrostatiques dissipatrices ESD de classe environnementale II test\u00e9es suivant la norme EN 61340-4-3 et EN 61340-5-1\nprot\u00e9geant les dispositifs \u00e9lectroniques contre les ph\u00e9nom\u00e8nes de d\u00e9charge \u00e9lectrostatique."}]},"created":"2023-10-16T09:11:48+00:00","updated":"2023-10-16T15:01:13+00:00","associations":{"Embout":{"products":["PU00041"],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"antiperforation":{"products":[],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"doublure":{"products":[],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"prem_de_proprete":{"products":["TL00166"],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"semelle":{"products":["SM00002"],"product_models":[],"groups":[]},"tige":{"products":["PL00028"],"product_models":[],"groups":[]}},"quantified_associations":{},"metadata":{"workflow_status":"working_copy"}}'
$Data = Json_Decode($response)
$api_code  = Json_Get($Data, ".code")
$apinameobj = Json_ObjGet($Data,".values.name")
$api_productname= Json_Get($apinameobj, "[0].data")
ConsoleWrite("$api_code:" & $api_code & @crlf)
ConsoleWrite("$api_productname:" & $api_productname& @crlf)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers
44 minutes ago, gcue said:

haven't been able to find a post of anyone asking this but is there a way to concatenate multiple JSON files? 

Nope...   and when you think about it....  how would that work without any logic on what concatenation really means as I assume you like to merge that data of 2 JSON files?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 minutes ago, Jos said:

Nope...   and when you think about it....  how would that work without any logic on what concatenation really means as I assume you like to merge that data of 2 JSON files?

just a thought because i do see it done in other languages. so would be nice to do json parsing and/orcombining all in autoit :)

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCCA_enUS1067US1067&{google:acceptedSuggestion}oq=&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=combine+2+json+files

• 1 month later...

I have a strange JSON:
It is a combination of JSON and DICT
I mean it is looking almost like normal JSON but one token is reversed I mean one single token is DICT

So wondering how to convert DICT token  > JSON with this UDF ?

Dict_to_JSON_Python.png

https://favtutor.com/blogs/dict-to-json-python

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, mLipok said:

I have a strange JSON:
It is a combination of JSON and DICT

a quick example created by hand:

{
    "Name": "Michał",
    "Number": 10,
    "{\"Name\":\"Adam\",\"Number\":20}": null
}

I need to extract:

{"Name":"Adam","Number":20}

just using JSON UDF - I mean not using any RegExp tricks.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Here's one way --

#include "JSON.au3" ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/148114-a-non-strict-json-udf-jsmn

$sJSON = '{' & _
    '"Name": "Michał",' & _
    '"Number": 10,' & _
    '"{\"Name\":\"Adam\",\"Number\":20}": null' & _
    '}'

$oJSON = Json_Decode($sJSON)
$aKeys = Json_ObjGetKeys($oJSON)

$sJSON = $aKeys[2]
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $sJSON = ' & $sJSON & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF)

You could likely do it via the jq UDF as well.

This did the trick

thanks.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

So finally I have such script:

;~ #include "JSON.au3" ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/148114-a-non-strict-json-udf-jsmn
#include "z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\Other_Members\Json.au3"

_Example()
Func _Example()
    Local $sJSON = _
            '{' & _
            '   "Name": "Michal",' & _
            '   "Number": 10,' & _
            '   "{\"Name\":\"Adam\",\"Number\":20}": null' & _
            '}'

Local $sJSON_Key = _JSON_DictToJSON($sJSON, 2)
    ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $sJSON_Key = ' & $sJSON_Key & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF)

EndFunc   ;==>_Example

Func _JSON_DictToJSON($sJSON, $iKEY)
    Local $oJSON = Json_Decode($sJSON)
    Local $aKeys = Json_ObjGetKeys($oJSON)
    Return $aKeys[$iKEY]
EndFunc   ;==>_JSON_DictToJSON

and result:

@@ Debug(14) : $sJSON_Key = {"Name":"Adam","Number":20}

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler