Compile errors with Full version of ScITE

myk3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jos, I have no doubt you are correct, I am sure myk3 is all over testing the beta.  That was more at the ridiculous antivirus conversation.

Edit:  oh nice, yall spoke while i was replying.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Developers

Jos, I have no doubt you are correct, I am sure myk3 is all over testing the beta.  That was more at the ridiculous antivirus conversation.

Understood and wasn't directed at you. ;) You actually gave the key information for me to understand what was happening.

It just puzzles me how people are able to pollute a thread with posts while we were getting close to the solution/explanation.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I know.  Im busy trying to get to 1000 and people want to ruin threads with nonsense.

:cheer:

Edited by boththose

Selected "Beta: Ver.3.3.9.22" from the compile options with the same result.. 

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.au3"
+>13:21:23 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.3.0 SciTE v.3.3.6.0 ;  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
-> 1 Change(s) made.
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
+>13:21:29 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.au3" /out "C:\Users\IMAGESVR\~AU3bqvgkfe.exe" /nopack /icon "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\App.ico" /comp 2
+>13:26:41 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\IMAGESVR\~AU3bqvgkfe.exe. rc:0
>13:26:41 Performing the Program Resource Update steps:

why does it still say "Running:(3.3.8.1)"?

EDIT: that was odd... I got it to use the actual beta now, pending compile.. 

Edited by myk3

Even if it works.  That doesnt answer what is different between the current production full Scite and stock the version, such that the built-in version can compile this with the desired output but the Full Scite cannot.

Does Post #23 suggest that if we give the script no directives that it should compile fine because it is not encountering this resources issue?

Is there a fun compile directive or command that can be used to have it compile everytime in a similar fashion to the simple built in GUI and ignore any other fun directives we decided that we suddenly need.

Edited by boththose

• Developers

@myk3: do Alt+F7 to compile with the Beta version.

@boththose: The difference is that the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 runs AutoIt3Wrapper which processes&performs the #AutoIt3_xxx Directives . The Lite version of SciTE coming with the AutoIt3 installer merely runs Aut2exe and won't do anything else.

So when you have a Directive in the script to change the Executionlevel it will only perform that action when AutoIt3Wrapper is ran.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos

This seems to have fixed the issue, but it takes about 15 10 min to compile, and i am compiling on a dual xeon system with 16GB ram.. the stock ScITE only takes maybe 5 min.. 

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /beta /in "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.au3"
+>13:43:27 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.3.0 SciTE v.3.3.6.0 ;  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (3.3.9.22)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta
+>13:43:28 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.9.22):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.au3" /out "C:\Users\IMAGESVR\~AU3xzxjuao.exe" /nopack /icon "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\App.ico" /comp 2
+>13:51:57 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\IMAGESVR\~AU3xzxjuao.exe. rc:0
>13:51:57 Performing the Program Resource Update steps:
...>Setting Program ExecutionLevel Manifest information to asInvoker
...>Updating Program Manifest information.
>13:53:21 Program Resource updating finished successfully.
+>13:53:22 Created program:C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.exe
>Exit code: 0    Time: 594.905
Edited by myk3

@boththose: The difference is that the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 runs AutoIt3Wrapper which processes&performs the #AutoIt3_xxx Directives . The Lite version of SciTE coming with the AutoIt3 installer merely runs Aut2exe and won't do anything else.

So when you have a Directive in the script to change the Executionlevel it will only perform that action when AutoIt3Wrapper is ran.

Jos

Does that include having #requireadmin? 

I have done that in the past with the stock ScITE and it forced admin..

EDIT: Never mind im an idiot... 

Edited by myk3

• Developers

Does that include having #requireadmin? 

I have done that in the past with the stock ScITE and it forced admin..

I was solely talking about the #AutoIt3Wrappe_*****  directives! These are added by me and supported via AutoIt3Wrapper.

Look at the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile for the list of supported AutoIt3Wrapper Directives. Ctrl+f1

Look at the Autoit3 Helpfile for the AutoIt3 internal supported Directive. F1

Any none supported Directive is ignored by AutoIt3 which allows other tools to recognise their own directive.

I also have #Tidy_** and #Obfuscator_** directives which are used by the respective programs.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Speed comparison ...

No directives on 3.3.8.1 Only 5 min.. 

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.au3"
+>14:01:06 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.3.0 SciTE v.3.3.6.0 ;  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
-> No changes made..
+>14:01:14 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.au3" /out "C:\Users\IMAGESVR\~AU3muveosh.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>14:06:27 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\IMAGESVR\~AU3muveosh.exe. rc:0
+>14:06:27 Created program:C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.exe
>Exit code: 0    Time: 320.979

Speed comparison ...

No directives on 3.3.8.1 Only 5 min.. 

+>14:01:06 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.3.0 SciTE v.3.3.6.0 ;  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
-> No changes made..
+>14:01:14 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.au3" /out "C:\Users\IMAGESVR\~AU3muveosh.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>14:06:27 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\IMAGESVR\~AU3muveosh.exe. rc:0
+>14:06:27 Created program:C:\Images\Security Discs\Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.exe
>Exit code: 0    Time: 320.979

the question now is how do I include things like an icon and destination path without directives.. 

• Developers

the question now is how do I include things like an icon and destination path without directives.. 

I am not sure why the new Beta takes 8:29 minutes compared to Production using 5:13, but as I mentioned before earlier in this thread, I wouldn't add a larger file to the AutoIt3 compiled script but use it as a separate selfextracting EXE to avoid having to add it and need for redistribution of the larger updated script.

I also further indicated that only resource updates would give you the error, si updating the ICON or Outputpath by using the #AutoIt3Wrapper directive won't give you the issue.

It is only when you use any of the Version;Addfile or Manifest update #AutoIt3Wrapper directive you get the issue.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry for urgency and stupid questions.
But as I said I had the same problem a long time ago.
I wanted to help, and understand.

Now I can only apologize for the confusion.

mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

Sorry for urgency and stupid questions.
But as I said I had the same problem a long time ago.
I wanted to help, and understand.

Now I can only apologize for the confusion.

mlipok

No worries, I know you mean well. ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am not sure why the new Beta takes 8:29 minutes compared to Production using 5:13, but as I mentioned before earlier in this thread, I wouldn't add a larger file to the AutoIt3 compiled script but use it as a separate selfextracting EXE to avoid having to add it and need for redistribution of the larger updated script.

I also further indicated that only resource updates would give you the error, si updating the ICON or Outputpath by using the #AutoIt3Wrapper directive won't give you the issue.

It is only when you use any of the Version;Addfile or Manifest update #AutoIt3Wrapper directive you get the issue.

Jos

Looks like with just these two options it works..

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=App.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=Oct2013SecDisc\IAVA_Updates\IAVA_Updates_OCT13_SecDisc.exe
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Jos ,

In this manner we limit and control what the user sees on the disc.  A single file that does it all regardless of your flavor of our system.  Our instructions could literally consist of  "double click everything on the disc because you are going to anyway, when you get to the one executable item it will patch your system and restart."