TIDY - proposal - add comment to Else, EndIf , EndSelect, EndIf , WEnd

mLipok

I am only talking about SciTE now ;)

Yes I know.

in post # 36 I confirmed, what has been described by FireFox
in post # 39 I answered your question given in your post # 37
and also confirmed that the update of all the basic components SciTE4AutoIt helped me solve the problem originally described by FireFox

EDIT:
ok 
I had a revelation, your statement says wait then answer now I have a different priority
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers

btw.

Can you add to TIDY and Au3Check option to report the version of SciTE, in the Console window

I do not understand the relation between Tidy& Au3Check and SciTE.

AutoIt3Wrapper reports on all version levels when running any of these tools but don't understand why Tidy or au3check should report on the SciTE release.

And the second question: whether AU3Check is somehow updated to some BETA because the page:

It does not contain the update.

The Beta version of au3check are part of the AutoIt3 Beta installer.

I have posted intermediate version in that directory, but those were just for some to help me test.

All changes made are part of the current released beta.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I now have SciTE 3.3.2 but it keeps writing this in the console:

...\Lua\EdgeMode.lua:29: Pane function / readable property / indexed writable property name expected
I have this at line 29:

if self.monospace:find(editor:StyleGetFont(0), 1, true) then
Though I haven't found an update of this file in the beta directory.

• Developers

You get these errors since you never install the latest production version of SciTE4AutoIt3, which contains SciTE v 3.30 and some LUA updates needed for SciTE changes made.

Beta's versions should always be used on the latest published version ;)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Took me 20 secs to understand that the SciTE4AutoIt3 present in the beta folder is the latest beta package...

Yea, well that one is maturing and slowly getting ready for release, so that should work too, but no guarantees yet as I need to do some testing with it on different platforms. :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I do not understand the relation between Tidy& Au3Check and SciTE.

AutoIt3Wrapper reports on all version levels when running any of these tools but don't understand why Tidy or au3check should report on the SciTE release.

When I wanted to see what I currently have a version of "SciTE" , then I remembered something like this:

It was sort of a reference to this problem.

I check what You say about AutoIt3Wrapper
In fact, this information is displayed.

+>22:51:38 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.26 SciTE v.3.3.2.0 ;  Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0415  Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)

Btw. 

It is not always used AutoIt3Wrapper especially if something is tested and sent to the forum, the contents of the console.

In this case, the addition to TIDY or to AU3Check such features can be helpful.

The Beta version of au3check are part of the AutoIt3 Beta installer.

I have posted intermediate version in that directory, but those were just for some to help me test.

All changes made are part of the current released beta.

Jos

Thanks for the explanation.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers

Btw. 

It is not always used AutoIt3Wrapper especially if something is tested and sent to the forum, the contents of the console.

In this case, the addition to TIDY or to AU3Check such features can be helpful.

Nah, that would be the world upside down. I created AUtoIt3Wrapper to make the whole process of running the utilities easy. 

Au3check and Tidy are ran by other editors too and actually have no relation to SciTE, so why would they ever report something like that.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Au3check and Tidy are ran by other editors too and actually have no relation to SciTE, so why would they ever report something like that.

I did not know about it.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I have an additional observation:
in this post
AutoIt3Wrapper not show version of SciTE

But I had installed AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.2.14, I think quite old.

And now I have this version: v.2.1.2.26.
AutoIt3Wrapper now shows the version of SciTE:

so that:
and

seem to be out of date.

EDIT:
fixed url to the posts
Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

@mlipok,

It seem you are gettng pretty confused when it comes to running the latest production and all Beta changes made since then. :)

I like getting proposals as such, but am not to good to being send all over the map with refferences of maybe wrong or outdated information.

The latest Beta version of AutoIt3Wrapper is showing the SciTE versionnumber and the latest Production version isn't... nothing more... nothing less.

Cheers,

jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thank you.

Now I will try to focus on reading the documentation.
And if I have any questions or suggestions I will try to write in the "General Help and Support" - I hope that sometimes someone answer me.
Because I noticed that I was a little abused writing in this forum.

I greet
mlipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I'm glad to see your person on this forum, trying to help as much as he can in the useful and non annoying way :) Edited by FireFox

• Developers

And if I have any questions or suggestions I will try to write in the "General Help and Support" - I hope that sometimes someone answer me.

Not really, so no worries about me having a problem with you or others reporting stuff.

I just don't always have the time to start following all links and trying to fugure out what could be meant by a question or remarks.

Just realise that many things have changed in the Beta versions of the different utilities.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm glad to see your person on this forum, trying to help as much as he can in the useful and non annoying way :)

Not really, so no worries about me having a problem with you or others reporting stuff.

I just don't always have the time to start following all links and trying to fugure out what could be meant by a question or remarks.

Just realise that many things have changed in the Beta versions of the different utilities.

Jos

If you both think that my previous posts were in any way irritating / annoying, please write me a PM describing what you annoyed / upset at my behavior.
Do not worry, I certainly will not be mad.
I will try to improve myself.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

If you both think that my previous posts were in any way irritating / annoying, please write me a PM describing what you annoyed / upset at my behavior.
Do not worry, I certainly will not be mad.
I will try to improve myself

I will for sure write something in a private PM when I feel you are irritating or anything like that ... and ...

If I would have known you would take my reply this personal, I probably would have worded it different, but that isn't really by default part of my personality and culture being Dutch.

So, the reply was directed to you as an answer to your post but the comments in there are really generic and apply to all.

Keep on smiling ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The fact that a lot of writing and quickly answer
does not mean
I'm the guy who demands an answer in a minute.

Besides I can say about myself is the same as you JOS, and Jon and others
I'm a developer.
Of course, not AutoIT, or SciTE.

But believe me, I work with clients who are lawyers.
They have their systems (not as good as they would like).
Use a variety of government systems.
My job is mainly data extraction (but only the permitted - I do not break the law) of government systems, and processing of other data but also data mining that are already in the possession of my clients, in conjunction with data obtained from government systems.
Besides dealing with automation of manufacturing processes documents based on systems that are my clients.
In this way, I created a number of applications that currently are fundamental to about 40 of my clients.

Besides I know what it is:
The Inspector General for Personal Data (I had the opportunity to participate in the audit of the office)
I know what it is Security of Classified Information (my clients have the appropriate certificates security).

I believe I can get a little weird sometimes I write.
But I have no intention to offend anyone.

All I can say is I'm sorry for my poor English, and sometimes a lack of moderation.

No offense.

ps.
This is the first information about me, as me.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Keep on smiling ;)

Jos

I smile every day .... sorry about not today because today was the day that I paid taxes  <_<

:ILA:

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

end of topic

please PM to me in your free time

Signature beginning:

Spoiler