New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v3.4.1

Jos

Have you copied the updated common.lua as well?

bingo

I do not know how this could happen :(

Most important now that it seems that everything is in order :)

Cheers

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Running Tidy on the following snippet:

#cs
    [Methods]
    Add = Adds a key and item pair to a Dictionary object.
    object.Add (key, item)

Exists = Returns true if a specified key exists in the Dictionary object, false if it does not.
    object.Exists(key)
#ce

Will insert a TAB on line 5, and all other empty lines within the comment block.

• Developers

This was actually reported earlier this week via email by somebody else and is fixed in my current unpublished version of Tidy.

Thanks,

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Today I had a busy day.
Many times, someone interrupted me, the process of writing the program.

The result was a piece of code that was not correct.

Interestingly AU3Check (3.3.10.2) does not detect this error.
After a brief analysis, it can be concluded that AU3Check not always well analyzed lines of code in which there is only one word. The significance of this line of code lies in the fact that this is the keyword / name of the function.

HOWTO: for example in script, please simply enter the MsgBox and try to see the script with AU3Check

example REPRO below:

Local $i = 1
MsgBox
Local $j = 2

At first glance, it seems that this problem is easy to diagnose.
After a moment's thought is, it turns out that if such a mistake will be included somewhere in the depths of an extensive code, finding that the error is only possible thanks to a happy coincidence, or by an error during the execution of the program.

Is it possible to improve AU3Check in this regard?

mLipok

edit:

On reflection, I think it probably was not the right thread?
Sorry.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Moderators

mLipok,

This problem arises because functions are now first class objects and so the following syntax is valid:

$sMsgBox = MsgBox
I have no idea if Jos can adjust Au3Check to only permit function names without parentheses when they are assigned - or even if that is the solution required. :wacko:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

At first I wanted to admit you're right.
Then I wondered, and prepared a new example:
EXAMPLE1:

$sMsgBox = MsgBox
$sMsgBox
MsgBox

The first line is assigning the function to a variable.
The second line is a call to the above function by first assigning.
The third line is simply a single word
* Because it is not assigned a function to a variable - because no $ sign
* Because it is not a function call, because this would in such a case MsgBox (     -    I mean it must have a parenthesis

EXAMPLE2:

MsgBox
Testing

The first line is a keyword (function name), but as such can be considered only if it is used in an assignment to a variable, or if it is used with the bracket. Use only as one parenthesis cause analysis that keyword as a function.
For this reason should be treated the same as the second line, which is completely ordinary word.

EXAMPLE3:
best to let them speak a language known to all of us RegExp
below the "faulty code" example:

$sMsgBox = MsgBox
$sMsgBox
MsgBox
Testing
Testing_1

and the method of its verification, written by SRE:

; for multi line string
StringRegExp($sTestString, '(?<=\r)\s*[0-9a-z_A-Z]+\s*(?=\R)',3)
; for single line string
StringRegExp($sTestString, '\A\s*[0-9a-z_A-Z]+\s*\z',0)

Of course, I consider that I could be wrong, something does not know and does not perceive. But now I have this opinion.
Please continue further discussion with taking into account my little language skills.

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

I have no idea if Jos can adjust Au3Check to only permit function names without parentheses when they are assigned - or even if that is the solution required. :wacko:

Very unlikely that I look that sourcecode any time soon.

Maybe JP has some time to kill and an idea how to implement all of this.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

So I understand that my reasoning is correct?
If so, I am aware that my concept not necessarily be realized, at least not quickly.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

So I understand that my reasoning is correct?

If so, I am aware that my concept not necessarily be realized, at least not quickly.

I have not looked at the details of your issue and only commented about trying to fix anything in au3check.

Never really enjoyed looked at that code and trying to figure out the FLEX&YACC stuff in it.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok.

Thanks for clarification.

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Uploaded Tidy beta v 2.4.1.0 which has some major internal changes to be able to communicate better with SciTE:

- Changed the logic to restore the Folds, Bookmarks, initial line displayed and caret position to make it
      work on multiple instances of SciTE and better restore the original layout.
    - Fixed bug when using more than 200 include files.
    - Fixed writing Indent characters in Commentblocks for empty lines.
    - Fixed writing ending CRLF in case End_With_NewLine=0
    - Several minor fixes.

This version requires also an update in au3.properties.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Fixed bug when using more than 200 include files

200+ includes? :wacko:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

Jos,

200+ includes? :wacko:

M23

Yep...  there was a report of an issue with au3stripper which was caused by using more than 200 include files. Tidy had he same issue as the base code is partially the same.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I see there is also new AutoIt3Wrapper.exe.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Thanks for the updates, I have downloaded & replaced all of them right now.

I want to report 3 things:

1. You have fixed the problem regarding adding an empty line to the end of script when its #ce, but the same problem is there when the last line is a one line comment:

;

2. In the following script:

Global $aoArrayOfObjects[2]
$aoArrayOfObjects[0] = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary")
$aoArrayOfObjects[1] = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary")

$aoArrayOfObjects[0].Add("FirstName", "Farid")

ConsoleWrite($aoArrayOfObjects[0].Item("FirstName") & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($aoArrayOfObjects[1].Count & @CRLF)

Running Tidy will add an space after all . characters in line 5, 7 and 8.

Global $aoArrayOfObjects[2]
$aoArrayOfObjects[0] = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary")
$aoArrayOfObjects[1] = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary")

$aoArrayOfObjects[0] .Add("FirstName", "Farid")

ConsoleWrite($aoArrayOfObjects[0] .Item("FirstName") & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($aoArrayOfObjects[1] .Count & @CRLF)

3. In the following script:

Global $afArrayOfFunctions[2]
$afArrayOfFunctions[0] = Foo
$afArrayOfFunctions[1] = Bar

$afArrayOfFunctions[0]()
$afArrayOfFunctions[1]()

Func Foo()
    ConsoleWrite("Foo" & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Func Bar()
    ConsoleWrite("Bar" & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Running Tidy will add an space before () on line 5 and 6:

Global $afArrayOfFunctions[2]
$afArrayOfFunctions[0] = Foo
$afArrayOfFunctions[1] = Bar

$afArrayOfFunctions[0] ()
$afArrayOfFunctions[1] ()

Func Foo()
    ConsoleWrite("Foo" & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Func Bar()
    ConsoleWrite("Bar" & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Thanks Jos, I don't know what would happen if you weren't here ^_^   :ILA:

I noticed that skip_commentblock can be set via command line parameter.  When I set it through tidy.ini it doesn't seem to work.  This particular parameter isn't documented as far as I could tell.  Am I using the right thing? Or am I completely in the wrong?