Sign in to follow this  
uncommon

ReplaceStringInFile Suggestion

Func __ReplaceStringInFile($szFileName, $szSearchString, $szReplaceString, $fCaseness = 0, $fOccurance = 1)
    Local $iRetVal = 0
    Local $nCount, $sEndsWith
    ; Check if file is readonly ..
    If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($szFileName), "R") Then Return SetError(6, 0, -1)
    ;===============================================================================
    ;== Read the file into an array
    ;===============================================================================
    Local $hFile = FileOpen($szFileName, $FO_READ)
    If $hFile = -1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
    Local $s_TotFile = FileRead($hFile, FileGetSize($szFileName))
    If StringRight($s_TotFile, 2) = @CRLF Then
        $sEndsWith = @CRLF
    ElseIf StringRight($s_TotFile, 1) = @CR Then
        $sEndsWith = @CR
    ElseIf StringRight($s_TotFile, 1) = @LF Then
        $sEndsWith = @LF
    Else
        $sEndsWith = ""
    EndIf
    Local $aFileLines = StringSplit(StringStripCR($s_TotFile), @LF)
    FileClose($hFile)
    ;== Open the output file in write mode
    Local $iEncoding = FileGetEncoding($szFileName)
    Local $hWriteHandle = FileOpen($szFileName, $iEncoding + $FO_OVERWRITE)
    If $hWriteHandle = -1 Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1)
    ;== Loop through the array and search for $szSearchString
    For $nCount = 1 To $aFileLines[0]
        If StringInStr($aFileLines[$nCount], $szSearchString, $fCaseness) Then
            $iRetVal = $iRetVal + 1
            If $fOccurance = $iRetVal Then
                $aFileLines[$nCount] = StringReplace($aFileLines[$nCount], $szSearchString, $szReplaceString, 1 - $fOccurance, $fCaseness)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    ;== Write the lines back to original file.
    FileClose($hWriteHandle)
    Local $Tempfile = _TempFile()
    FileWrite($Tempfile, _ArrayToString($aFileLines, @LF, 1))
    FileMove($Tempfile, $szFileName, 1)
    Return $iRetVal
EndFunc   ;==>__ReplaceStringInFile

Yes, I know guinness improved the ReplaceStringInFile function in terms of speed and  efficiency but hear me out. I made some changes to the original myself that increased the speed of the writing and more importantly for me change the occurrence option so the function would only replace that specific occurrence of string.

I not saying use my code. What I am suggesting is to add extra functionally to the ReplaceStringInFile so there is a option to replace a specific occurrence.

I could not think of a way to do this with the new one guinness made so above is just an example of how I did it with the old one.

I have also attached the file.au3 file.

File.au3

No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.Voltaire

_Array2HTMLTable()_IEClassNameGetCollection()_IEquerySelectorAll()

Looking at the the code you assume every line ends with the same EOL character and then when you come to write the data to the file you just use a linefeed character. As for adding your suggestion, I don't feel it appeals to the wider audience. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Inpho
      Hi All,
      I intend on keeping custom functions/UDFs (works in progress) here; if anyone wants to use any code, feel free.
      String functions:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w- 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 #include-once ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _DateTimeGet ; Description ...: Returns the date and time formatted for use in sortable filenames, logs, listviews, etc. ; Syntax ........: _DateTimeGet(iType = 1[, $bHumanFormat = False]) ; Parameters ....: $iType - [optional] an integer value. Default is 1. ; 1 - Date and time in file-friendly format; 20190115_113756 ; 2 - Date in file-friendly format; 20190115 ; 3 - Time in file friendly format; 113756 ; $bHumanFormat - [optional] a boolean value. Default is False. ; True - Includes slashes in the date and colons in the time with a space inbetween ; False - No slashes or colons included with an underscore inbetween ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Sets @error to non-zero and returns an empty string ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _DateTimeGet($iType = 1, $bHumanFormat = False) If $iType < 1 Or $iType > 3 Then Return (SetError(-1, 0, "")) ;; Param1: ;; 1 = Date and time in file friendly format: 20190115_113756 ;; 2 = Date in file friendly format: 20190115 ;; 3 = Time in file friendly format: 113756 ;; Param2: ;; True = Use human-readable format: 15/01/2019 11:37:56 Local $sTime = @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC Local $sDate = @MDAY & "/" & @MON & "/" & @YEAR If $iType = 1 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sTime = StringReplace($sTime, ":", "") $sDate = StringReplace($sDate, "/", "") $sDate = StringTrimLeft($sDate, 4) & StringMid($sDate, 3, 2) & StringLeft($sDate, 2) Return ($sDate & "_" & $sTime) Else Return ($sDate & " " & $sTime) EndIf ElseIf $iType = 2 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sDate = StringReplace($sDate, "/", "") $sDate = StringTrimLeft($sDate, 4) & StringMid($sDate, 3, 2) & StringLeft($sDate, 2) EndIf Return ($sDate) ElseIf $iType = 3 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sTime = StringReplace($sTime, "/", "") EndIf Return ($sTime) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_DateTimeGet ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFileExtension ; Description ...: Returns a file extension from a filename/FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFileExtension($sPath) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringTrimLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFileExtension($sPath) Return (StringTrimLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, ".", 0, -1))) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFileExtension ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFileName ; Description ...: Returns a filename from a FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFileName($sPath[, $bIncludeExtension = True]) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; $bIncludeExtension - [optional] a boolean value. Default is True. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFileName($sPath, $bIncludeExtension = True) Local $sReturn = StringTrimLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1)) If $bIncludeExtension = False Then $sReturn = StringLeft($sReturn, StringInStr($sReturn, ".", 0, -1) - 1) Return ($sReturn) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFileName ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFilePath ; Description ...: Returns a folder path from a FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFilePath($sPath) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFilePath($sPath) Return (StringLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFilePath ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringLeft ; Description ...: Searches for a string inside a string, then removes everything on the right of that string ; Syntax ........: _StringLeft($sString, $sRemove[, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $sString - a string value. The string to search inside. ; $sRemove - a string value. The string to search for. ; $iCaseSense - an integer value. Flag to indicate if the operations should be case sensitive. ; $iOccurrence - an integer value. Which occurrence of the substring to find in the string. Use a ; negative occurrence to search from the right side. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringLeft($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1) Return (StringLeft($sString, StringInStr($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense, $iOccurrence) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_StringLeft ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringRandom ; Description ...: Returns a string of random characters ; Syntax ........: _StringRandom($iAmount[, $iType = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $iAmount - an integer value. Length of returned string ; $iType - [optional] an integer value. Default is 1. ; 1 - Return digits (0-9) ; 2 - Return hexadecimal (0-9, A - F) ; 3 - Return Alphanumeric upper (0-9, A - Z) ; 4 - Return Alphanumeric (0-9, A - Z, a - z) ; 5 - Return Alpha upper (A - Z) ; 6 - Return Alpha (A - Z, a - z) ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string and @error flag as follows: ; @error : 1 - $iAmount is not a positive integer ; 2 - $iType is out of bounds ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringRandom($iAmount, $iType = 1) If $iAmount < 1 Or IsInt($iAmount) = 0 Then Return (SetError(-1, 0, "")) Local $sString = "" Local $iRandomLow = 1, $iRandomHigh = 62 #Tidy_Off Local Static $aCharId[63] = [0, Chr(48), Chr(49), Chr(50), Chr(51), Chr(52), Chr(53), Chr(54), Chr(55), Chr(56), Chr(57), Chr(65), Chr(66), Chr(67), _ Chr(68), Chr(69), Chr(70), Chr(71), Chr(72), Chr(73), Chr(74), Chr(75), Chr(76), Chr(77), Chr(78), Chr(79), Chr(80), _ Chr(81), Chr(82), Chr(83), Chr(84), Chr(85), Chr(86), Chr(87), Chr(88), Chr(89), Chr(90), Chr(97), Chr(98), Chr(99), _ Chr(100), Chr(101), Chr(102), Chr(103), Chr(104), Chr(105), Chr(106), Chr(107), Chr(108), Chr(109), Chr(110), Chr(111), _ Chr(112), Chr(113), Chr(114), Chr(115), Chr(116), Chr(117), Chr(118), Chr(119), Chr(120), Chr(121), Chr(122)] #Tidy_On If $iType = 1 Then ;; digits: 1 - 10 $iRandomHigh = 10 ElseIf $iType = 2 Then ;; hexadecimal: 1 - 16 $iRandomHigh = 16 ElseIf $iType = 3 Then ;; alnumupper: 1 - 36 $iRandomHigh = 36 ElseIf $iType = 4 Then ;; alnum: 1 - 62 $iRandomHigh = 62 ElseIf $iType = 5 Then ;; alphaupper: 11 - 36 $iRandomLow = 11 $iRandomHigh = 36 ElseIf $iType = 6 Then ;; alpha: 11 = 62 $iRandomLow = 11 $iRandomHigh = 62 Else Return (SetError(-2, 0, "")) EndIf For $i = 1 To $iAmount $sString &= $aCharId[Random($iRandomLow, $iRandomHigh, 1)] ;; append string with corresponding random character from ascii array Next Return ($sString) EndFunc ;==>_StringRandom ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringTrimLeft ; Description ...: Searches for a string inside a string, then removes everything on the left of that string ; Syntax ........: _StringTrimLeft($sString, $sRemove[, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $sString - a string value. The string to search inside. ; $sRemove - a string value. The string to search for. ; $iCaseSense - an integer value. Flag to indicate if the operations should be case sensitive. ; $iOccurrence - an integer value. Which occurrence of the substring to find in the string. Use a ; negative occurrence to search from the right side. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringTrimLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringTrimLeft($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1) Return (StringTrimLeft($sString, StringInStr($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense, $iOccurrence) + StringLen($sRemove) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_StringTrimLeft Examples:
      ConsoleWrite(_StringRandom(100, 6) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringTrimLeft("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe", "C:\Windows\System32\") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringLeft("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe", "cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFileName("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFilePath("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFileExtension("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringRandom(6, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(6, 4)& @CRLF)  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs
      i've some questions about StringRegExpReplace i hope you can help me

i tried to make a function that give me the host of the url and other give me the url with out host
      for example i've this link
      https://www.example.com/vb/result.php
      i need the first give me the
      example.com
      and the other give me 
      /vb/result.php
      i find that
      $s_source = "https://www.google.com/vb/index.php" Local $s_Host = StringRegExpReplace($s_Source, '.*://(.*?)/.*', '\1') Local $s_Page = StringRegExpReplace($s_source, '.*://.*?(/.*)', '\1') msgBox(64, $s_Host, $s_Page)  
      but i found some problems i need your help to correct it
      first: when i get the host if the url has www i want to remove it
      second: if the url with out host did not have other things 
      i need the result to be ""
      e.g
      https://www.example.com
      the first i want it
      example.com
      and the second i want it to be ""
      i hope that you can help me
      thanks in advance
    • By nacerbaaziz
      good morning sirs.
      please i have a request from you.
      i have an variable to Read a data from a file
      this data is Encrypted
      and when i read it i Decrypte it.
      for that i need a function to Write a ini data to string.
      ;#Function# ===================================================================================================================== ; Name............: _IniReadFromString ; Description.....: Returns the value of a key in a specific section of an ini-formatted string ; Syntax..........: _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) ; Parameters......: ;   $szInput - The string that contains data in ini format ;   $szSection   - The sectionname (just as in IniRead) ;   $szKey   - The keyname (just as in IniRead) ;   $Default - The default value if the key does not exist or reading failed (just as in IniRead) ; Return values ..: ;   Success  - Returns the read value ;   Failure  - Returns $Default ; Author .........: FichteFoll ; Remarks ........: Works for Unicode as well as for ANSI ; Related ........: IniRead, _IniReadSectionFromString ; Link ...........; See on top ; Example ........; $var = _IniReadFromString(StringFormat("[Sect]\r\nMyKey1=value1\r\nMyKey2=value2"), "Sect", "MyKey2", "no_value") ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) $szInput = StringStripCR($szInput) ;~  Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?(",3) Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?", 3) If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, $Default) ; key not found    Return $aRegMl[0] EndFunc;==>_IniReadFromString ; ############################################################################################################################### ; =============================================== ; = Internal Use Only ; =============================================== Func __StringEscapeRegExp($szExp) Return StringRegExpReplace($szExp, "([\(\)\[\]\{\}\\\/\?\.\\|\+])", "\\$1") ; ()[]{}\/?.|+ EndFunc;==>__StringEscapeRegExp like this  function Read the ini from string.

please ihelp me
      thanks in advance
    • By dinotom
      Can files be read from the web or the cloud?
      I am trying to read this file but get the file open error.
      #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;Assign the file path to a variable Local $sFilePath = "C:\Automation\test.txt" Local $sFilePathAzure ="https://batlgroupimages.blob.core.windows.net/files/test.txt" Local $nLineNumberToLookFor = 0 ;Open the file test.txt in append mode. ;If the folder C:\Automation does not exist, it will be created. Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePathAzure, $FO_APPEND + $FO_CREATEPATH) ;Display a message box in case of any errors. If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred while opening the file.") EndIf ;Set the file position to beginning for reading the data from the beginning of the file. FileSetPos($hFileOpen, 0, $FILE_BEGIN) ;Read the data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen ;Local $sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen) ;Read the 2nd line of data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen Local $sFileReadLine = FileReadLine ($hFileOpen,2) ;Close the handle returned by FileOpen. FileClose($hFileOpen)