Sign in to follow this  
Jfish

get last non-empty row - Excel

I searched around for the best way to this and am still a bit lost.  I am trying to find the last non-empty cell in a column in Excel.  In the past, there was a function _ExcelSheetUsedRangeGet($oExcel, $vSheet) in >this thread.  However, much has changed since then and when I downloaded it I could not find that function to see how it worked.

Google found this site for me which offered a couple of promising looking approaches:

In any case, you should now use [All versions]:

Dim LastLine As Long 
LastLine = Columns(1).Find("*", , , , xlByColumns, xlPrevious).Row
or :
Dim LastLine As Long 
LastLine = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

They are in VBA.  I usually can convert VBA but I am not 100% on these.  The first approach looks a lot like it should convert easily to _Excel_RangeFind but I am not familiar enough with all the parameters.  I understand the operators referenced in the help file but I did not see a lot of info on XLFindLookIn and not sure what to do with .Row.

I am also not sure if these are the best approaches?  Any guidance on the best way to do this would be much appreciated.  If this is already part of _Excel_RangeFind I could use an example.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JFish

Use function _Excel_RangeRead and set parameter $vRange = Default to only read the used cells of a worksheet.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

@Water -

Thanks!  I can see the array and the size of the array is what I need.  Seems fast too - I only have 567 rows in the test file but I expect a lot more.  How does the performance compare to the prior _ExcelReadSheetToArray function?  Just curious.  Also, here is what I did in case anyone searches this thread:

#include <Array.au3>
#include<Excel.au3>
Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open()
Local $sWorkbook = @ScriptDir & "\test.xlsx"
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $sWorkbook, Default, Default, True)
$lastline=_Excel_RangeRead ($oWorkbook,Default,Default,Default)
_ArrayDisplay($lastline)

JFish

The new function is about 20 to 100 times faster.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

@water -  WOW.  That prompts another question... there must be a more efficient way to delete all blank rows than what I am doing?

for $a=UBound($lastline) to 1 step -1
    $range="A"&$a
    $rowValue=_Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook,Default,$range)
    if $rowValue=="" Then
        $delete=_Excel_RangeDelete($oWorkbook.ActiveSheet,$range,default,1)
    EndIf
Next

Why read each cell in the loop again? Check the value in the array $lastline and if blank delete the appropriate cell in the worksheet.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Please define "best" ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Not that I know of. But maybe Google shows some faster ways?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Example:

Start the Excel macro recorder, do as described here (http://www.theexceladdict.com/_t/t031008.htm) and translate the VBA code to AutoIt.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Add

#include <Debug.au3>
_DebugSetup()
_DebugCOMError()

at the top of your script to get more defailed error information.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Thx. 

"SpecialCells method of Range class failed"

xlCellTypeBlanks is the right type of special cell.  Do I have the syntax for that wrong?

EDIT: I refined the range to the last used cell and now have this error:

@@ DEBUG COM Error encountered in deleteblankrows.au3 (19) :
    Number            = 0x80020009 (-2147352567)
    WinDescription    = Exception occurred.
    Description       =
    Source            =
    HelpFile          =
    HelpContext       = 0
    LastDllError      = 0
    Retcode           = 0x800A03EC
>>>>>> Please close the "Report Log Window" to exit <<<<<<<

Edited by Jfish

The cell type needs to be numeric. Please give this code a try:

Global Const $xlCellTypeBlanks = 4
$oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Columns("A:A").SpecialCells($xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

@Water -

That did not work because it said "cannot re-declare a constant" for 

Global Const $xlCellTypeBlanks = 4

but this did work!:

$oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Columns("A:A").SpecialCells(4).EntireRow.Delete

That's pretty cool!  :thumbsup:   Thanks very much for your help.  I know that was a bit of an investment in time on your side.  Also, I respectfully submit that this could be a cool UDF feature.

Then the constant is already declared in the UDF.

So the following line would be enough. Using the constant makes the code much easier to read and understand when you look into it in a few months ;)

$oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Columns("A:A").SpecialCells($xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BetaLeaf
      What is Rollbar?
      Rollbar provides real-time error alerting & debugging tools for developers. Learn more about it at https://rollbar.com/product/
      Demo: https://rollbar.com/demo/demo/
      Screenshot:
      Instructions: (RollbarTest.au3)
      ; Include RollbarSDK #include "RollbarSDK.au3" ;Turns on ConsoleWrite debugging override. ;Global $Rollbar_Debug=False ; Initialize RollbarSDK with the project's API key. ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sToken - [Required] Go to https://rollbar.com/<User>/<ProjectName>/settings/access_tokens/ for your project. Use the token for post_server_item. _Rollbar_Init("eaa8464a4082eeabd9454465b8f0c0af") ; Write code that causes an error you want to catch, then call ; _Rollbar_Send ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sErrorLevel - [Required] Must be one of the following values: Debug, Info, Warning, Error, Critical. ; $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_Send("Debug", "This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_Send("Warning", "This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_Send("Error", "This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_Send("Critical", "This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!") ;No Message ; Rollbar_Send's helper functions ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_SendDebug("This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_SendInfo("This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_SendWarning("This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_SendError("This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_SendCritical("This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") ; Usable Example Local $sImportantFile = "C:\NOTAREALFILE_1234554321.txt" Switch FileExists($sImportantFile) Case True MsgBox(0, "Example Script", "An important file was found. Continuing...") Case Else _Rollbar_SendCritical('An important file was missing. Halting... File: "' & $sImportantFile & '"', 'Important file "' & $sImportantFile & '" is missing.') EndSwitch Notes: Please comment your feedback, advice, & suggestions below. While this is only a proof of concept, I will expand its feature set for everyone to use. 
      Right now, it is fully functional but not tested in production.

Changelog:
      RollbarSDK.au3
      RollbarTest.au3
      v0.2

v0.1.1

• By kurtykurtyboy
      GuiFlatButton is a UDF to easily create regular buttons with different colors for background, foreground, border, hover, focus, etc..
      This started as an effort to change the background color of a button and eventually grew into a full UDF.
      If you've looked around forums for changing button background colors, you have probably noticed that each proposed workaround has its own set of issues/side-effects. The answers usually circle back to 'use ownerdrawn buttons' and 'not worth it'. Well, now it is possible for anyone to easily create ownerdrawn buttons - totally worth it!
      Some issues with other workarounds such as drawing with GDI+ or using a colored label as a 'button':
      Not 'real' buttons so you lose built-in functionality that windows gives to buttons Messy / inefficient code in the main while loop to check for mouse position Slow to respond to click, paint, etc... Having to deal with GUIRegisterMsg messages Not straight-forward to implement GuiFlatButton is not a workaround; it is a technique to respond to Windows' built-in owner-drawn button events.
      With minimal effort, we can now create true simple colored buttons.
      The idea is to create an owner-drawn button using GUICtrlCreateButton then subclass the GUI and controls to handle the button-specific events to paint it however we want.
      This UDF magically does all of this for us! No need to worry about event handling or main while loop logic.

How to use
      It couldn't be any easier! Simply create a new button using the familiar syntax. This creates an ownerdrawn button with default colors.
      $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 1", 78, 20, 120, 40) If you want to change the background and text colors:
      GuiFlatButton_SetBkColor(-1, 0x5555FF) GuiFlatButton_SetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) Advanced Usage
      Set background/text/border all at once
      GuiFlatButton_SetColors(-1, 0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0x9999FF) Set ALL colors for ALL button states! (normal, focus, hover, selected)
      Local $aColorsEx = [0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, -2, 0x4444FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xAAAAFF, 0x6666FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xCCCCFF, 0x0000EE, 0xFFFFFF, 0x7777EE] GuiFlatButton_SetColorsEx(-1, $aColorsEx) Set default colors to apply to any future buttons
      ;set colors GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColors(0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0x9999FF) ;create buttons $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 1", 12, 20, 120, 40) $mybutton2 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 2", 143, 20, 120, 40) Set ALL color defaults
      ;set colors Local $aColorsEx = [0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, -2, 0x4444FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xAAAAFF, 0x6666FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xCCCCFF, 0x0000EE, 0xFFFFFF, 0x7777EE] GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColorsEx($aColorsEx) ;create buttons $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 1", 12, 20, 120, 40) $mybutton2 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 2", 143, 20, 120, 40)  
      Available Functions

Simple Example

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include "GuiFlatButton.au3" Example() ;GUI with one button Func Example() Local $hGUI, $mybutton1 $hGUI = GUICreate("GuiFlatButton Ex0", 275, 120) GUISetBkColor(0x333333) $idLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Click the button", 10, 100, 150, 30) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) ;create new button then set the background and foreground colors $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Button 1", 78, 20, 120, 40) GuiFlatButton_SetBkColor(-1, 0x5555FF) GuiFlatButton_SetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Local $i = 0 Local $iMsg While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $mybutton1 $i += 1 GUICtrlSetData($idLabel, $i) ConsoleWrite($i & @CRLF) EndSwitch Sleep(10) WEnd GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example
      Menu/Toolbar Example

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include "GuiFlatButton.au3" Example() ;Example GUI with toolbar Func Example() Local $hGUI, $idLabel, $aButtons, $iTbSize $hGUI = GUICreate("GuiFlatButton Ex2", 300, 200) GUISetBkColor(0x444444) $idLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Click a button", 10, 180, 150, 30) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) $aButtons = createToolbar() $iTbSize = UBound($aButtons) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Local $i = 0 Local $iMsg While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $aButtons[0] To $aButtons[$iTbSize - 1] ConsoleWrite("1") GUICtrlSetData($idLabel, GuiFlatButton_Read($iMsg)) EndSwitch Sleep(10) WEnd GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example Func createToolbar() Local $aButtons[6] Local $bkColor = 0x777777 Local $textColor = 0xFFFFFF Local $borderColor = 0x999999 Local $aBtnClrs[12] = [0x777777, 0xFFFFFF, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT, 0x888888, 0xFFFFFF, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT, 0x999999, 0xFFFFFF, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT, 0x666666, 0xFFFFFF, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT] For $i = 0 To UBound($aButtons) - 1 $aButtons[$i] = GuiFlatButton_Create("B" & $i, $i * 50, 0, 50, 17) GuiFlatButton_SetColorsEx($aButtons[$i], $aBtnClrs) Next Return $aButtons EndFunc ;==>createToolbar  
      Icon Example
      You can even easily add icons to your buttons -- just create a new button and send it an icon!

#include <GDIPlus.au3> #include "GuiFlatButton.au3" Example() ;buttons with Icon images Func Example() ;get images for demonstration _GDIPlus_Startup() ;initialize GDI+ Local $hIcon = _WinAPI_ShellExtractIcon(@SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 258, 24, 24) ;extract the 'Save' icon Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHICON($hIcon) ;Create Bitmap from Icon (for demonstration) Local $hHBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBitmap) ;Create HBitmap from Bitmap _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) ;dispose the bitmap _GDIPlus_Shutdown() ;done with GDI+ Local $hGUI = GUICreate("GuiFlatButton Ex5", 255, 400) GUISetBkColor(0xEEEEEE) ;set default colors of future buttons Local $aColorsEx = _ [0xE2E5E8, 0X000000, 0x888888, _ ; normal : Background, Text, Border 0xE2E5E8, 0X000000, 0x333333, _ ; focus : Background, Text, Border 0xE8E8E8, 0X000000, 0x666666, _ ; hover : Background, Text, Border 0xDDDDDD, 0X000000, 0xAAAAAA] ; selected : Background, Text, Border GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColorsEx($aColorsEx) ;normal button with icon $label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel( "$BS_TOOLBUTTON -->", 5, 10) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) Local $mybutton1 = GuiFlatButton_Create("Save", 130, 5, 50, 48, $BS_TOOLBUTTON) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybutton1), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align top Local $mybuttonT = GuiFlatButton_Create("Top", 5, 65, 120, 55, $BS_TOP) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonT), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align top-left Local $mybuttonTL = GuiFlatButton_Create("Top-Left", 5, 125, 120, 55, BITOR($BS_TOP, $BS_LEFT)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonTL), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align top-right Local $mybuttonTR = GuiFlatButton_Create("Top-Right", 5, 185, 120, 55, BITOR($BS_TOP, $BS_RIGHT)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonTR), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align left Local $mybuttonL = GuiFlatButton_Create("Left", 5, 245, 120, 55, $BS_LEFT) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonL), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align bottom Local $mybuttonB = GuiFlatButton_Create("Bottom", 130, 65, 120, 55, $BS_BOTTOM) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonB), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align bottom-left Local $mybuttonBL = GuiFlatButton_Create("Bottom-Left", 130, 125, 120, 55, BITOR($BS_BOTTOM, $BS_LEFT)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonBL), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align bottom-right Local $mybuttonBR = GuiFlatButton_Create("Bottom-Right", 130, 185, 120, 55, BITOR($BS_BOTTOM, $BS_RIGHT)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonBR), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) ;align right Local $mybuttonR = GuiFlatButton_Create("Right", 130, 245, 120, 55, $BS_RIGHT) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonR), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_ICON, $hIcon)) GuiFlatButton_SetState($mybuttonR, $GUI_DISABLE ) ;disabled Local $mybuttonDisable = GuiFlatButton_Create("Disabled", 130, 310, 120, 55, $BS_TOOLBUTTON) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle($mybuttonDisable), $BM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBitmap)) GuiFlatButton_SetState($mybuttonDisable, $GUI_DISABLE ) ;clean up! _WinAPI_DestroyIcon( $hIcon ) _WinAPI_DeleteObject( $hHBitmap ) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Local $iMsg While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch Sleep(10) WEnd GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example  
      I'm sure there are some use-cases I've forgotten, so feedback is welcome!

Download the UDF and several more examples: GuiFlatButton_20190414.zip
      Update 2019-04-14
      Fixed bug, not showing pressed down state when clicking rapidly
      Added Icon/Bitmap support!
      Added function GuiFlatButton_SetPos to change the position and/or size of a button
      Update 2019-02-09
      Added 2 new functions to set the button colors globally for all future buttons.
      GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColors 
      GuiFlatButton_SetDefaultColorsEx

Credits to:
      Melba23 (UDF template)
      LarsJ (general subclassing code)
      4ggr35510n (TrackMouseEvent example)
      binhnx (disable dragging with $WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT)
      GUIRegisterMsg in AutoIt Help (owner-draw button example)
      funkey (_WinAPI_DrawState example)
    • By Rhidlor
      Quick question, when working with Excel, does each workbook require its own Excel instance, or can multiple workbooks be opened off of the same Excel instance? I tested both ways, on the surface they both seemed to work, just thought I'd ask here to make sure before proceeding any further. Thanks!
      Disclaimer: The following is pseudo code
      $excel_instance1 = _Excel_Open() $workbook1 = _Excel_BookOpen($excel_instance1, @ScriptDir & "\book1.xlsx") $workbook2 = _Excel_BookOpen($excel_instance1, @ScriptDir & "\book2.xlsx") Or
      $excel_instance1 = _Excel_Open() $workbook1 = _Excel_BookOpen($excel_instance1, @ScriptDir & "\book1.xlsx") $excel_instance2 = _Excel_Open() $workbook2 = _Excel_BookOpen($excel_instance2, @ScriptDir & "\book2.xlsx")  
    • By TheDcoder
      Hello everyone, I am working on a project which requires reading a few values from Excel, the catch is that I need it to be very fast... unfortunatley I found out that read operations using the supplied Excel UDF are very slow, more than 150 ms for each operation on average
      Here is my testing setup that I made:
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $iTotalTime = 0 Test() Func Test() Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Local $oBook = _Excel_BookAttach("Test.xlsx", "FileName", $oExcel) Local $sSheet = "Sheet1" If @error Then Return MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Excel Failed", "Failed to attach to Excel") Local $iNum For $iRow = 1 To 6 Time() Local $iNum = Number(_Excel_RangeRead($oBook, $sSheet, "A" & $iRow)) If ($iNum = 1) Then ConsoleWrite("Row " & $iRow & " is 1 and value of column B is " & _Excel_RangeRead($oBook, $sSheet, "B" & $iRow)) Else ConsoleWrite("Row " & $iRow & " is not 1") EndIf ConsoleWrite(". Reading took: ") Time() Next ConsoleWrite("The whole operation took " & $iTotalTime & " milliseconds." & @CRLF) EndFunc Func Time() Local Static $hTimer Local Static $bRunning = False If $bRunning Then Local $iTime = Round(TimerDiff($hTimer), 2) $iTotalTime += $iTime ConsoleWrite($iTime & @CRLF) Else $hTimer = TimerInit() EndIf $bRunning = Not $bRunning EndFunc And Test.xlsx in CSV format:
      1,-1 -1,1 1,-1 1,1 -1,-1 1,1 Here is the actual xlsx but it should expire in a week: https://we.tl/t-EVkxGp1kc6
      And finally output from my script:
      Row 1 is 1 and value of column B is -1. Reading took: 276.06 Row 2 is not 1. Reading took: 163.36 Row 3 is 1 and value of column B is -1. Reading took: 302.58 Row 4 is 1 and value of column B is 1. Reading took: 294.65 Row 5 is not 1. Reading took: 152.33 Row 6 is 1 and value of column B is 1. Reading took: 284.92 The whole operation took 1473.9 milliseconds.  
      Taking ~1.5 seconds for reading 6 rows of data is bad for my script, which needs to run as fast as possible . It would be nice if I can bring this down to 100 ms somehow, I am not very experienced working with MS office so I thought about asking you folks for help and advice on how I can optimize my script to squeeze out every bit of performance that I can get from this script

Thanks for the help in advance!
    • By SlackerAl
      I have been using some AutoIt scripts to manipulate Excel for a few weeks now. Today they stopped working. I have rebooted the PC and I'm not aware of any other significant changes. I can start and use Excel conventionally without a problem, but any attempt to create an excel object from AutoIt fails. E.g
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Excel.au3> Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_Open Example 1", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) Produces:
      @error = 1
      @extended = -2147221005
      I can't find that COM error listed anywhere... Anyone have any ideas?