[IE.au3] _IENavigate error

Hello,

I have a problem with my code.

I don't really want to publish the code because of the sensitive information there, but I managed to narrow it down to _IENavigate (I put ConsoleWrite before and after that function). Here's what I get in console output:

Before _IENavigate.
--> COM Error encountered in downloader.exe (-1) :
----> $IEComErrorNumber         = 0x80020009 (-2147352567)
----> $IEComErrorWinDescription = Exception occurred.
----> $IEComErrorDescription    =
----> $IEComErrorSource         =
----> $IEComErrorHelpFile       =
----> $IEComErrorHelpContext    = 0
----> $IEComErrorLastDllError   = 0
----> $IEComErrorRetcode        = 0x800700AA
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IENavigate, $_IESTATUS_COMError (-2147352567)
After _IENavigate.

That error appears when the program is run on Windows Server 2012 R2 (64bit) with IE11, it works perfectly when run on Windows 7 (64bit) with IE11.

On Windows 7 with IE11, there was another bug (infinite waiting on form submitting), but I fixed it with _IELoadWait. So script works just as supposed on Win7, but not on Windows Server 2012 R2.

What might be a problem?

Autoit Beta (3.3.13.20). I tried Production version (3.3.10.2), but I read somewhere that IE.au3 has been updated since that version, so I changed it to Beta.

I enter the site, fill in login information, submit it, the site loads. Then I run _IENavigate to the site in the exact same domain and the error occures.

Post some code that demonstrates the problem. It doesn't have to be your actual script; just a short snippet that we can run and observe the issue.

​This is still the best way to identify the problem / get assistance. Does the error occur using both the Beta and Production versions of AutoIt? Are you navigating between HTTP and HTTPS versions of the site? What is the site URL?

Does the issue still occur if you _IEAttach to the existing IE instance and then use the new object reference to perform the _IENavigate?

I wrote that short code demonstrating the problem. I created a new account, so the login and password are real, feel free to use it.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=test.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include <IE.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister()

$sleep = 0

For $i = 0 To $CmdLine[0]
    Assign($CmdLine[$i], 1)
Next

Global $ie = _IECreate('http://zalukaj.tv/index.html', 0, 1, 1, 0)
_IELoadWait($ie)

If $sleep Then Sleep(10000)

$login_form = _IEFormGetCollection($ie, 1)
$login = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, 'login')
$password = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, 'password')

_IEFormElementSetValue($login, 'autoit')
_IEFormElementSetValue($password, 'autoit')

_IEFormSubmit($login_form, 0)
ConsoleWrite('Form submitted.' & @CRLF)
_IELoadWait($ie)

If $sleep Then Sleep(10000)

$i = 1
ConsoleWrite('Before _IENavigate.' & @CRLF)
_IENavigate($ie, 'http://zalukaj.tv/zalukaj-film/' & $i & '/a.html', 1)
ConsoleWrite('After _IENavigate.' & @CRLF)

There are some sleeps added, as you see. I added them at some point of writing my script.

If you run 

test.exe

it seems to skip _IELoadWait - it does navigate, but doesn't log in, but when you run

test.exe sleep

sleeps are there and page manages to load and then occurs the problem with _IENavigate.

few hints:

1. declare variables,
  2. read Best coding practics
  3. Try this following code:
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=test.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include <IE.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister()

$iSleep = 0

For $i = 0 To $CmdLine[0]
    Assign($CmdLine[$i], 1)
Next

Global $oIE = _IECreate('http://zalukaj.tv/index.html', 0, 1, 1, 0)
_IELoadWait($oIE)

While Sleep(10)
    if StringInStr(_IEDocReadHTML($oIE),'<input class="szukajb" type="submit" value="Zaloguj">') Then ExitLoop

WEnd

;~ Sleep($iSleep)

Local $oIE_Login, $oIE_Password, $oIE_Zaloguj

Local $oInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, 'input', -1)
For $oInput In $oInputs
    ConsoleWrite('! ' & $oInput.outerHtml & @CRLF)
    If $oInput.outerHtml = '<input name="login" class="in" type="text" value="">' Then
        $oIE_Login = $oInput
    EndIf

If $oInput.outerHtml = '<input name="password" class="in" type="password">' Then
        $oIE_Password = $oInput
    EndIf

If $oInput.outerHtml = '<input class="szukajb" type="submit" value="Zaloguj">' Then
        $oIE_Zaloguj = $oInput
    EndIf
Next

_IEFormElementSetValue($oIE_Login, 'autoit')
_IEFormElementSetValue($oIE_Password, 'autoit')

MsgBox(0, '', 'test')
_IEAction($oIE_Zaloguj, 'click')

ConsoleWrite('Form submitted.' & @CRLF)
_IELoadWait($oIE)

If $iSleep Then Sleep(10000)

$i = 1
ConsoleWrite('Before _IENavigate.' & @CRLF)
_IENavigate($oIE, 'http://zalukaj.tv/zalukaj-film/' & $i & '/a.html', 1)
ConsoleWrite('After _IENavigate.' & @CRLF)

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Alright, here's what we are at.

When I run program like that:

> test.exe

it does not log in, _IENavigate is executed properly, but is stuck (_IELoadWait waits even after page is loaded).

When I run program this way:

> test.exe iSleep

(that is, I enable sleeping) it logs in properly, but call to _IENavigate results in an error.

But it is work when you just run it using F5 in SciTE ?

Or you get any errors in console output ?

EDIT: works for me.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

When you try on yours developer environment what happend? 

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

but not on Windows Server 2012 R2.

What might be a problem?

I miss this info, I be able to check today.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

After check on W2012 Foundation I can say it works, but.... you must have admin rights to add all popup info to secure zones.

Cheers,

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I do have admin rights. Do you mean I need to enable secure zone? Could you give me some more details?

And one more question...

You changed my _IEFormElementGetObjByName functions to a loop checking outer HTMLs. Is there any good reason to do it that way, or is it just your way of doing it?

Edited by Freewolny

I do have admin rights. Do you mean I need to enable secure zone? Could you give me some more details?

​Just try to login manually and you will see whats happend.
Can you normaly login ? or you get few POP warnings ? do you add all this URL to exception list ?

And one more question...
You changed my _IEFormElementGetObjByName functions to a loop checking outer HTMLs. Is there any good reason to do it that way, or is it just your way of doing it?

​This is my way.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler