OutlookEX - Error creating a connection to Outlook

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday!

First - of course: Thanks to everyone in AutoIT - You help systems administrators and programmers everywhere get help to folks that need it with fluid automation :huggles:I can personally say that you've helped literally thousands of people I've distribute exe's too. Amazing work, you've saved so many of us all time, redundancy and pain. You've quite honestly given many folks their time back... 

:ILA:

On with the questions then...

Having real trouble getting this OutlookEX UDF to work... getting "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = 1, @extended = -2147221164"

I see from previous issues that means

"The error code stands for '80040154 Class not registered'.

Means: The class is unknown to the user running the script. I assume you use the system account to run the script in the task scheduler?"

I'm running the script from SciTE

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters= -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=Y
#RequireAdmin
#include <OutlookEX.au3>

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

; *****************************************************************************
; Example 1
; Send a html mail to the current user.
; Add an attachment and set importance to high.
; *****************************************************************************
Global $sCurrentUser = $oOutlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI").CurrentUser.Name
_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOutlook, $sCurrentUser, "", "", "TestSubject", "Body<br><b>fett</b> normal.", @ScriptDir & "\_OL_Wrapper_SendMail.au3", $olFormatHTML, $olImportanceHigh)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OutlookSendMail Wrapper Script", "Error sending mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF: _OutlookSendMail Wrapper Script", "Mail successfully sent to user '" & $sCurrentUser & "'!")

_OL_Close($oOutlook)

Using Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2013.

Thanks Everyone!

Also... getting error...
Global $sCurrentUser = $oOutlook^ ERROR

...using the following sample code taken from this forum.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters= -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=N
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <GuiButton.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIToolTip.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
#include <ScreenCapture.au3>
#include <OutlookEX.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>

Global $iFileName, $Form1_1
GLobal $sTo = "emailaddress@gmail.com;"

$Form1_1 = GUICreate("System Information", 1083, 638, 182, 114)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

$iFileName = @DesktopDir & "\Utility Screenshot - " & @MON & "." & @MDAY & "." & @YEAR & " - (" & @HOUR & "." & @MIN & "." & @SEC & ").jpg"
_ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd($iFileName, $Form1_1)

_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOutlook, $sTo, "", "", "Configuration Utility Screenshot", "Attached please find the Configuration Utilty Screenshot.<br>Automatically sent via the Configuration Utlity<br>Thank you, <br>" & $sCurrentUser, $iFileName, $olFormatHTML, $olImportanceHigh)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OutlookSendMail Wrapper Script", "Error sending mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF: _OutlookSendMail Wrapper Script", "Mail successfully sent to user '" & $sCurrentUser & "'!")

_OL_Close($oOutlook)

*** I have a separate login for MS Outlook 2013 because I have multiple ID's *** Do I have to run it as the current mailbox user???

Thanks again!

Edited by souldjer777

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

If you want to connect to a running instance of Outlook the AutoIt script has to be run from the same user as the one who startet Outlook.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

This water guy is a GENIUS - no joking what so ever - I appreciate all the help and feedback!!! Thank you water!!! You guys need to start selling AutoIT gear - you know to pay for the servers, pizza... and coffee!!! 

:ILA:

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

I'm glad you like the support you get from the forum!
Jon has a donate button on the forum homepage. If you like AutoIt you can donate a few bucks to keep the forum up and running :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 years later...

Did you check the wiki for possible reasons?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The red part is where the problem seems to stem from. From doing a some research, it seems like I'm using an outdated function or something. I really don't know... Someone else wrote this script about a year ago, and it worked fine for me for months. Now, all of a sudden, I receive the OL_Wrapper error every time.

#include <OutlookEX.au3>
#include <OutlookExConstants.au3>

Local $sTo = $recipient
Local $sCc = ""
Local $sBCc = ""
Local $sSubject = "blah"
Local $sBody = "blah blah"

Local $sAttachments = $someExcelsheet

_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOutlook, $sTo, $sCc, $sBCc, $sSubject, $sBody, $sAttachments, $olFormatHTML, $olImportanceNormal)

_OL_Close($oOutlook)

Can you please post the full SciTE console output?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

here it is... thanks guys

>"C:\Users\mchu\Desktop\Kamikaze Scripts & Templates\- Editor_Old\SciTE4AutoIt3\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\mchu\Desktop\Kamikaze Scripts & Templates\Kamikaze - KO\BB-Testing.au3" /UserParams    
+>10:58:29 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.503.1200.1 SciTE v.3.5.4.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Users\mchu\Desktop\Kamikaze Scripts & Templates\- Editor_Old\SciTE4AutoIt3   UserDir => C:\Users\mchu\Desktop\Kamikaze Scripts & Templates\- Editor_Old\SciTE4AutoIt3\AutoIt3Wrapper
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Users\mchu\Desktop\Kamikaze Scripts & Templates\- Editor_Old  input:C:\Users\mchu\Desktop\Kamikaze Scripts & Templates\Kamikaze - KO\BB-Testing.au3
+>10:58:29 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Users\mchu\Desktop\Kamikaze Scripts & Templates\- Editor_Old\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\mchu\Desktop\Kamikaze Scripts & Templates\Kamikaze - KO\BB-Testing.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch

Edited by XinYoung

Looks good.
Does this mean that your script works with AutoIt 3.3.12.0 and doesn't with 3.3.14.4?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Should not be a big difference between 3.3.14.4 and 3.3.14.2 regarding the OutlookEX UDF.

So: Does this mean that your script works with AutoIt 3.3.12.0 and doesn't with 3.3.14.2?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki