Arclite86

Came up with a great idee

18 posts in this topic

Hi 

 

Recently I posted a topic about security systems that where available here on autoit, And i could not find any good system most of them are serials that you just have to enter, but that will cause a big problem when some of those serials end up on internet .. there goes my money :-(

so i came up with an idee, I own a website and on this website I installed a forum on this forum nobody i able to register or post , they can only login and the only way to get signed up is when the admin of the forum (thats me) will add this persion.

I want to created a system that isnt really hard to code but since i havent used autoit for longer than a year I forgot about allot of things, So i can use some help with it.

The script:

So what I want to create is a really simple, once the program is started a pop-up will show up with fill in with a number (username) and the license (password) once they bought the product lets say $4,95 i will create a account on my forum, once they recieved the (login) info they can enter, so they have to enter the number I provided them (username) and the license (pass) than a hidden internet explore will startup it will go too the login link and fill in the username and pass once it has succefully accesed the forum , the program will start . this way only 1 person can acces the software at a time.

 

I would really appreciate it if someone would help me with creating this script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Bad idea:

  1. Inet must be available
  2. it's very easy to bypass every security system written in AutoIt

So do not invest any time make your app freeware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

Bad idea:

  1. Inet must be available
  2. it's very easy to bypass every security system written in AutoIt

So do not invest any time make your app freeware.

I dont know what you mean by inet ? but the forum is always online,

creating a freeware software makes no sence to mee i want to earn something from it, why would i give it away for free?

And how can i prevent anyone to see the script and adjust it? , should i use an other program than autoit? what are the suggestions, 

I need some help with this.

Edited by Arclite86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Arclite86 said:

I dont know what you mean by inet

To start your app, there must be Internet available.

 

10 minutes ago, Arclite86 said:

creating a freeware software makes no sence to mee i want to earn something from it, why would i give it away for free?

and then you are asking:

1 hour ago, Arclite86 said:

I would really appreciate it if someone would help me with creating this script.

in a forum which lives the open source idea?

13 minutes ago, Arclite86 said:

And how can i prevent anyone to see the script and adjust it?

Mission impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

To start your app, there must be Internet available.

 

and then you are asking:

in a forum which lives the open source idea?

Mission impossible.

Jezus! do you have anything possitive to say? I am not doing this for myself alone, i am doing this for everybody who wants to have a good security system, so everybody can use that script, why would i else put it on this forum.

and to get back to the inet question, offcourse you need internet , who doesnt have it ?!  

 

Come up with some good tips, If you keep telling me , Mission impossible blablabla, its not helping me and anyone else

AutoBert If you dont want to help its fine, but please dont responde to this topic, thanks.

Edited by Arclite86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arclite86 said:

and to get back to the inet question, offcourse you need internet , who doesnt have it ?!  

when i buy a programm i will be able to use it every time and not only the time your forum is available for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

when i buy a programm i will be able to use it every time and not only the time your forum is available for me.

My forum is always available 24/7  it is the phpbb 3.1.9 forum , this forum has a good security sytem that is trusted, dont worry about that

Edited by Arclite86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never said that's your forum has a bad security system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

Just to add an idea for a "calling home" solution, I think the originator of Sandboxie, when he changed the license from a serial number to online verification, had it set up that it had to be verified every so many months.  IOW, if the site was down you could still use all functions of the software, unless it was unable to update the online verification for 90 days or whatever the time period was.

It seems more and more software products are calling home.  I installed Wise Care 365 Pro giveaway a few months back.  It was for a year with no updates.  Then they changed it so the updater would work, but the license would expire at the year deadline.  When I installed it the stipulation was if I did not upgrade to extend the Pro license it would revert to the free version.  The free functions were fine with me.  So I figured let it revert to free.  No go.  Now even if I uninstall the pro, scrub the registry, install the free, when I run it I still get the Pro extender nag screen and it quits, even though there is over a month left on the license.

This calling home crap is living up to the dread that made me stop updating Sandboxie once the licensing switched away from a local serial number system.

But I digress.  You can use some kind of scheme where the server does not have to be up 24/7.  But as others noted, if implemented in .au3 it may be simple to bypass.

 

Edited by MilesAhead
improved grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MilesAhead said:

Just to add an idea for a "calling home" solution, I think the originator of Sandboxie, when he changed the license from a serial number to online verification, had it set up that it had to be verified every so many months.  IOW, if the site was down you could still use all functions of the software, unless it was unable to update the online verification for 90 days or whatever the time period was.

It seems more and more software products are calling home.  I installed Wise Care 365 Pro giveaway a few months back.  It was for a year with no updates.  Then they changed it so the updater would work, but the license would expire at the year deadline.  When I installed it the stipulation was if I did not upgrade to extend the Pro license it would revert to the free version.  The free functions were fine with me.  So I figured let it revert to free.  No go.  Now even if I uninstall the pro, scrub the registry, install the free, when I run it I still get the Pro extender nag screen and it quits, even though there is over a month left on the license.

This calling home crap is living up to the dread that made me stop updating Sandboxie once the licensing switched away from a local serial number system.

But I digress.  You can use some kind of scheme where the server does not have to be up 24/7.  But as others noted, if implemented in .au3 it may be simple to bypass.

 

Thanks you for you comment, I am also worried about the .au3 security, i can create a great security system but if the program is easly to crack and people can just get intro the script than it is useless to even have a security sytem, I am really looking for a real good security program overall. What program other than autoit would you recommend to use, that is much harder hack or even impossible to hack/bypass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arclite86 said:

What program other than autoit would you recommend to use, that is much harder hack or even impossible to hack/bypass

Nothing is fool-proof if you don't understand that, get out of the game now as you'll never succeed. For your best options at making it difficult, look into the higher languages such as C++.


√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Nothing is fool-proof if you don't understand that, get out of the game now as you'll never succeed. For your best options at making it difficult, look into the higher languages such as C++.

Ok thank you than i will move on to C++ coding instead of autoit coding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arclite86 said:

Ok thank you than i will move on to C++ coding instead of autoit coding

Some help to get you started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Arclite86,

the client-side was discussed, let me add something to the server-side. it does not require an elaborate solution as a forum, just to indicate to the client if there is already a running instance with the same key; a simple MySQL/PHP should suffice. using a database will also allow you to collect usage statistics over time, as well as client-side info, such as OS version, your app version, whatever.

i've done something like that in the past, and i'm by no means a programmer, so if i managed to get it running quite easily, i conclude it is quite simple.

and as for this:

On 6/25/2016 at 6:13 AM, Arclite86 said:

and to get back to the inet question, offcourse you need internet , who doesnt have it ?!  

you must declare specifically in your app technical requirements, that an internet connection is required. someone may try to run it inside a corporate environment, where internet connection is controlled. your app won't work, and they'll get mad at you, for a good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2016 at 5:13 AM, Arclite86 said:

and to get back to the inet question, offcourse you need internet , who doesnt have it ?!  

Dangerous assumption. I'm in South Africa.... you'd be surprised dumbfounded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Arclite86 you must remember about:

  • power failure even in local scope (client building)
  • inet failure in some places still are often, regadles of fact I have 300Mbit fiber internet connection in my home, but my clients have internet loses 1 / month

mLipok

 


Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2016 at 9:56 AM, Arclite86 said:

Thanks you for you comment, I am also worried about the .au3 security, i can create a great security system but if the program is easly to crack and people can just get intro the script than it is useless to even have a security sytem, I am really looking for a real good security program overall. What program other than autoit would you recommend to use, that is much harder hack or even impossible to hack/bypass

I am by no means experienced in this area.  But I agree with the comment that the system should make it difficult to bypass the protection rather than making it impossible.  Some people will not buy any software that calls home, on principle.  They assume some data mining is going on along with the license protection.  I would attempt to find some case studies and/or statistics.  Copy protection schemes have been around for some time.  There are probably cost/benefit metrics out there somewhere for the various techniques.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now