notjes79

fire dept script

4 posts in this topic

hi,

i am searching a way to log every call in our fire dept. i need to put in the name the adress who the sergeant is that take's the call en with what vehicle. after that i need to put a status when it is done and save it in a excell file.

like for example pumping of a basement

like for example placing a barrier against water

thx

The forum is not designed to just jump in and ask for code, its designed to help you with your own code.

Based on what your asking for, I assume you just need a form that the sgt will fill in?  If your going to be putting all the data together over the course of time a database is probably much better than any sort of excel file. 

Also I am not sure the size of your department, but when it comes to fire/codes usually there is professional software for it that you can get state/federal funding for via grants and other methods.

When it comes to this kind of stuff where lawsuits can happen I would probably want paid professional software doing the job for accountability reasons. 

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

@notjes79, I would agree with ViciousXUSMC on this. It sounds as though you have need of a help desk ticketing system. While you can certainly build one with AutoIt, you're going to have to build everything from the GUI to the database integration to the search features. There are a number of open source ticketing systems on the market today that come with this already done for you. One I have seen a lot lately is osTicket, very solid for a free product. Might be the way to go if you're just looking to get something up and running quickly to service your department. 

If, on the other hand, this is something you are looking to do to improve your coding skills (I often say sometimes the answer to "why reinvent the wheel?" is "because I want to"), we can definitely assist in this regard. I would suggest following the path below (posting what you have at each step, or whenever you run into issues):

• Concentrate on the GUI, and how you would like it to look. See below for a framework to get you started. Do a search in the help file for GUICtrlCreate to see all the different control types you can build into your GUI to gather the information you're after.
  • Once you have this solidly in place, think about how you're going to store the data. As suggested, unless you are a very small department, saving to Excel is going to quickly get out of hand. Do a search in the help file for _SQLite_ and do some light reading on creating a database.
  • When you get to this point, you have to think about how many people will be accessing this ticketing system at the same time, and do some planning around making the database available to all users at all times.
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("My Ticketing System", 600, 600)
    GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 10, 550, 40, 40)
    GUICtrlCreateCombo("Select a ticket type", 10, 10, 150, 40)
        GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Incident|Request")
    GUICtrlCreateEdit("Enter your incident text here", 10, 60, 580, 200)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

Edited by JLogan3o13

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

osTicket is good solution.
I'm using this by last 2 years an currently I have 5561 tickets, mostly closed :)

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04