The autocomplete with #include doesn't work :/

• Developers
1 hour ago, water said:

IRC autocomplete only works for AutoIt keywords, functions and user defined variables.
I have never seen it work on libraries (just tested).

@water, Is the autocomplete for #include< statements also not working for you? 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Well, I am simply trying to understand why the file wasn't there before as it should have been created automatically when you use the standard installer.
I thought my line of questioning was pretty much step by step only the answers are conflicting ;)

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

10 minutes ago, Jos said:

@water, Is the autocomplete for #include< statements also not working for you? 

Correct. But doesn't mean anything as I have been swapping 3.3.8.1, 3.3.12.0, 3.3.14.2 and 3.3.15.0 versions of AutoIt simply by renaming the directories.
So I would first need a fresh install before reporting a bug ;)

Edit: At the moment I run 3.3.12.0 because of the COM error handling bugs in 3.3.14.2.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

Ah, ok ...  well in case you have ran the latest version of the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, it should have created the file in the %LocalUserApp% location, which doesn't change when changing Scite versions. :)

You could by the way use the "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3Dir=" directive to point to a total different autoit3 installation/version for the specific script you work on. 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 years later...

@Jos I know the thread is a couple years old, but I wanted to inform of my recent issue about the topic.  I have just made a fresh install of autoIt and Scite on a brand new Windows 10 Laptop.  Everything seems (so far) to be working fine except the autocomplete of #include <> files.  In fact, the file includes.txt was not created as it should.  Gladly I have my old Windows 7 install, I just copied that file and now it is working...

• Developers
16 minutes ago, Nine said:

In fact, the file includes.txt was not created as it should.  Gladly I have my old Windows 7 install, I just copied that file and now it is working...

Was it created at all or simply missing?
Could you check the install.log file located in the SciTE directory and share the last couple of lines?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It was completely missing in the %Scite_UserHome% folder but I just noticed that the file is created in Scite folder.  I suppose it simply wasn't copied.

Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Defs
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Defs\Production
Skipped: au3.keywords.properties
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Defs\Production\api
Skipped: au3.api
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Defs\beta
Skipped: au3.keywords.properties
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Defs\beta\api
Skipped: au3.api
Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AutoIt v3\SciTE\Website.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AutoIt v3\SciTE\Uninstall.lnk
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\uninst.exe
===== Update settings in SciTEUser.properties. ===================
Execute: "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTEConfig\SciTEConfig.au3" /Installer
===== Install finished. ==========================================

But I must say that I firstly installed everything under UserA (had issues with it), so I created a new user UserB and reinstalled everything under it, and finally deleted UserA.  This is the reason why some steps are  skipped.

Edited by Nine

• Developers

The installer needs to be ran for each user to copy and create all the special files in each user's localdata directory, but you state you have done that...right?
Could you also check at the top of the install.log whether the userdirectory is the correct one? :

Remove old SCITE_USERHOME
Add SCITE_USERHOME to registry
Tell Windows to Update Enviroment
Output folder: C:\Users\UserB\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
!!!! SciTE FULL
Copy to C:\Users\UserB\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\abbrev.save.properties

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I found indeed an issue when the SCITE_USER_HOME didn't previously existed. The installer will set SCITE_USER_HOME, but that isn't present in it's own process as yet, so when it shells sciteconfig, it will be unknown and the sciteconfig assumes it is a portable version thus creating the includes.txt in the same directory as the SciTE.exe program.
I have implemented a fix for this so the installer will provide the proper SCITE_USER_HOME directory via the commandline it shells the sciteconfig with.  This beta installer is available in case you would like to test it.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.