Failure in Scintilla

ehnoah

Hey,

I tried to google this error, but seems I cant find it, even not with the Quotemark Search.  Scintilla always crash for me after a couple of Secounds/minutes.

---------------------------
Failure in Scintilla
Scintilla failed with status 1. SciTE will now close.
OK   

• Developers

I will need more information than that if you want me to look at anything!

• SciTE.exe and SciLexer.dll version information
  • Full or Lite version
  • Which script  makes it fail? 
  • Does the official version of SciTE crash as well?  ( download it here: https://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDownload.html

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hey,

it is the full sciTE, since the included one not contained x64 it seems(?) with the new one running a script as x64 worked, but now I getting this errors.

The normal SciTE (Offical one) works fine. No crash, but no Syntax so, might be a Plugin issue? It says: 

Scintilla failure 1 for message 2152.

It happen when I try to open "larger" scripts like "ImageSearch2015" or any simlar. I was trying to make Server Automation with Image-Search, til we nailed down the Server Crashes.

• Developers

Still missing most of the requested data!
The Full version is also a x86 version so I am not sure what you mean with that first statement.
Anyway, I need enough information to replicate your issue and debug it or else there is nothing I can do.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• SciTE.exe and SciLexer.dll version information

4.1.0.0 (Based on Right-Click and Version Info)

• Full or Lite version

Full. I first had the Lite Version, but add "useX64=y" didnt worked on Lite (if you run with F5) so I switched to Full, where x64 working fine.

• Which script  makes it fail? 

ImageSearch2015.au3 

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y ; Set to Y or N depending on your situation/preference!!
#include-once
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3> ; for _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection
#include <ScreenCapture.au3> ;_ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd etc. ;using this in the example to create a test image, otherwise not neccessary here

#Region When running compiled script, Install needed DLLs if they don't exist yet
If Not FileExists("ImageSearchDLLx32.dll") Then FileInstall("ImageSearchDLLx32.dll", "ImageSearchDLLx32.dll", 1);FileInstall ( "source", "dest" [, flag = 0] )
If Not FileExists("ImageSearchDLLx64.dll") Then FileInstall("ImageSearchDLLx64.dll", "ImageSearchDLLx64.dll", 1)
If Not FileExists("msvcr110d.dll") Then FileInstall("msvcr110d.dll", "msvcr110d.dll", 1);Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable dll x64
If Not FileExists("msvcr110.dll") Then FileInstall("msvcr110.dll", "msvcr110.dll", 1);Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable dll x32
#EndRegion

Local $h_ImageSearchDLL = -1; Will become Handle returned by DllOpen() that will be referenced in the _ImageSearchRegion() function

#Region ImageSearch Startup/Shutdown
Func _ImageSearchStartup()
    _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True)
    $sOSArch = @OSArch ;Check if running on x64 or x32 Windows ;@OSArch Returns one of the following: "X86", "IA64", "X64" - this is the architecture type of the currently running operating system.
    $sAutoItX64 = @AutoItX64 ;Check if using x64 AutoIt ;@AutoItX64 Returns 1 if the script is running under the native x64 version of AutoIt.
    If $sOSArch = "X86" Or $sAutoItX64 = 0 Then
        cr("+>" & "@OSArch=" & $sOSArch & @TAB & "@AutoItX64=" & $sAutoItX64 & @TAB & "therefore using x32 ImageSearch DLL")
        $h_ImageSearchDLL = DllOpen("ImageSearchDLLx32.dll")
        If $h_ImageSearchDLL = -1 Then Return "DllOpen failure"
    ElseIf $sOSArch = "X64" And $sAutoItX64 = 1 Then
        cr("+>" & "@OSArch=" & $sOSArch & @TAB & "@AutoItX64=" & $sAutoItX64 & @TAB & "therefore using x64 ImageSearch DLL")
        $h_ImageSearchDLL = DllOpen("ImageSearchDLLx64.dll")
        If $h_ImageSearchDLL = -1 Then Return "DllOpen failure"
    Else
        Return "Inconsistent or incompatible Script/Windows/CPU Architecture"
    EndIf
    Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_ImageSearchStartup

Func _ImageSearchShutdown()
    DllClose($h_ImageSearchDLL)
    _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False)
    cr(">" & "_ImageSearchShutdown() completed")
    Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_ImageSearchShutdown
#EndRegion ImageSearch Startup/Shutdown

#Region ImageSearch UDF;slightly modified
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;
; AutoIt Version: 3.0
; Language:       English
; Description:    Functions that assist with Image Search
;                 Require that the ImageSearchDLL.dll be loadable
;
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;===============================================================================
;
; Description:      Find the position of an image on the desktop
; Syntax:           _ImageSearchArea, _ImageSearch
; Parameter(s):
;                   $findImage - the image to locate on the desktop
;                   $tolerance - 0 for no tolerance (0-255). Needed when colors of
;                                image differ from desktop. e.g GIF
;                   $resultPosition - Set where the returned x,y location of the image is.
;                                     1 for centre of image, 0 for top left of image
;                   $x $y - Return the x and y location of the image
;                   $transparency - TRANSBLACK, TRANSWHITE or hex value (e.g. 0xffffff) of
;                                  the color to be used as transparency; can be omitted if
;                                  not needed
;
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns True
;                   On Failure - Returns False
;
; Note: Use _ImageSearch to search the entire desktop, _ImageSearchArea to specify
;       a desktop region to search
;
;===============================================================================
Func _ImageSearch($findImage, $resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance, $transparency = 0)
    Return _ImageSearchArea($findImage, $resultPosition, 0, 0, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, $x, $y, $tolerance, $transparency)
EndFunc   ;==>_ImageSearch

Func _ImageSearchArea($findImage, $resultPosition, $x1, $y1, $right, $bottom, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance = 0, $transparency = 0);Credits to Sven for the Transparency addition
    If Not FileExists($findImage) Then Return "Image File not found"
    If $tolerance < 0 Or $tolerance > 255 Then $tolerance = 0
    If $h_ImageSearchDLL = -1 Then _ImageSearchStartup()

If $transparency <> 0 Then $findImage = "*" & $transparency & " " & $findImage
    If $tolerance > 0 Then $findImage = "*" & $tolerance & " " & $findImage
    $result = DllCall($h_ImageSearchDLL, "str", "ImageSearch", "int", $x1, "int", $y1, "int", $right, "int", $bottom, "str", $findImage)
    If @error Then Return "DllCall Error=" & @error
    If $result = "0" Or Not IsArray($result) Or $result[0] = "0" Then Return False

$array = StringSplit($result[0], "|")
    If (UBound($array) >= 4) Then
        $x = Int(Number($array[2])); Get the x,y location of the match
        $y = Int(Number($array[3]))
        If $resultPosition = 1 Then
            $x = $x + Int(Number($array[4]) / 2); Account for the size of the image to compute the centre of search
            $y = $y + Int(Number($array[5]) / 2)
        EndIf
        Return True
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_ImageSearchArea

;
; Description:      Wait for a specified number of seconds for an image to appear
;
; Syntax:           _WaitForImageSearch, _WaitForImagesSearch
; Parameter(s):
;                   $waitSecs  - seconds to try and find the image
;                   $findImage - the image to locate on the desktop
;                   $tolerance - 0 for no tolerance (0-255). Needed when colors of
;                   $resultPosition - Set where the returned x,y location of the image is.
;                                     1 for centre of image, 0 for top left of image
;                   $transparency - TRANSBLACK, TRANSWHITE or hex value (e.g. 0xffffff) of
;                                  the color to be used as transparency can be omitted if
;
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns 1
;                   On Failure - Returns 0
;
;
Func _WaitForImageSearch($findImage, $waitSecs, $resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance, $transparency = 0)
    $waitSecs = $waitSecs * 1000
    $startTime = TimerInit()
    While TimerDiff($startTime) < $waitSecs
        Sleep(100)
        If _ImageSearch($findImage, $resultPosition, $x, $y, $tolerance, $transparency) Then
            Return True
        EndIf
    WEnd
    Return False
EndFunc   ;==>_WaitForImageSearch

;
; Description:      Wait for a specified number of seconds for any of a set of
;                   images to appear
;
; Syntax:           _WaitForImagesSearch
; Parameter(s):
;                   $waitSecs  - seconds to try and find the image
;                   $findImage - the ARRAY of images to locate on the desktop
;                              - ARRAY[0] is set to the number of images to loop through
;                                ARRAY[1] is the first image
;                   $transparent - TRANSBLACK, TRANSWHITE or hex value (e.g. 0xffffff) of
;                                  the color to be used as transparent; can be omitted if
;
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns the index of the successful find
;                   On Failure - Returns 0
;
;
Func _WaitForImagesSearch($findImage, $waitSecs, $resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance, $transparency = 0)
    $waitSecs = $waitSecs * 1000
    $startTime = TimerInit()
    While TimerDiff($startTime) < $waitSecs
        For $i = 1 To $findImage[0]
            Sleep(100)
            If _ImageSearch($findImage[$i], $resultPosition, $x, $y, $tolerance, $transparency) Then
                Return $i
            EndIf
        Next
    WEnd
    Return False
EndFunc   ;==>_WaitForImagesSearch
#EndRegion ImageSearch UDF;slightly modified

#Region My Custom ConsoleWrite/debug Function
Func cr($text = "", $addCR = 1, $printTime = False) ;Print to console
    Static $sToolTip
    If Not @Compiled Then
        If $printTime Then ConsoleWrite(@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & ":" & @MSEC & " ")
        ConsoleWrite($text)
        If $addCR >= 1 Then ConsoleWrite(@CR)
        If $addCR = 2 Then ConsoleWrite(@CR)
    Else
        If $printTime Then $sToolTip &= @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & ":" & @MSEC & " "
        $sToolTip &= $text
        If $addCR >= 1 Then $sToolTip &= @CR
        If $addCR = 2 Then $sToolTip &= @CR
        ToolTip($sToolTip)
    EndIf
    Return $text
EndFunc   ;==>cr
#EndRegion My Custom ConsoleWrite/debug Function

No, it works without Crash

Edited by ehnoah

• Developers

So how do I make it crash as loading this script doesn't make my version 4.1.2  crash?
... or could you try the current Beta v4.1.2 &nbsp;available here and test for yourself? (Download both SciTE.exe and SciLexer.dll)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I have copied your script and saved it as test.au3. File encoding utf8. closing and opening the script does not crash my setup.
You did replace both files when testing? 
Are you using another encoding?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
1 hour ago, ehnoah said:

It is UTF-8 kinda strange. What Files I need to make it in a different Folder?

Why strange? It is the default to support both Ansi and Unicode. Not sure what you are asking me, could you explain?

1 hour ago, ehnoah said:

Maybe the Installation messed up for me. 

I don't know. Did you use the installer or the ZIP file? Did you use any other SciTE installer from anywhere else ?

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Error was: In my Windows I had "Unicode Support for Language : Korea" Because I playing a Korean Game. Put it back to Germany, working fine now. So it prob. has to do something with Unicode Support. (The one you can set on Region & Time, last Tab)

• Developers

That still is not making sense to me as SciTE should be able to cope with the different flavors of Unicode, but great when you solved it. :) 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 8 months later...
  • Developers

When somebody want to have a try with the latest version of SciTE 4.2: I have made an early Beta version available which is simply a merge of the official SciTE 4.2 with my version without too much testing yet. https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE420/

This upgrade need good testing as there were a lot of internal code changes which needed to be merged in and there is always the risk something go screwed up with my previous changes due to these logic changes.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Looks good so far.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Was busy... just downloaded.
At first look all is ok, will be using next days as my production DevENV and will report any issue here (if occurs).

Thanks.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

After 1 week of work with this new SciTE version I see no problems (as so far).

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24