27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.

Jos

The feature that updates Global Const $VERSION = "" in the compilation to the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion value, is so cool.
It was in version 18.x.x.x but never documented. ( meaning I did not find it )
I just saw it in 19.x.x.x ( while adding "my touches**" to it ).

**is a bunch of none standard, useless for general distribution, tweaks

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Developers
6 hours ago, argumentum said:

there is this line:
__ConsoleWrite('+>' & @HOUR & ':' & @MIN & ':' & @SEC & ' Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (' & $VERSION & '}')
and every time is see it is like, "now that's wrong", every time I see it. Is torture for my personality type ! :D 

So you want the left bracket also changed to a curly bracket? ;) 

5 hours ago, argumentum said:

The feature that updates Global Const $VERSION = "" in the compilation to the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion value, is so cool.
It was in version 18.x.x.x but never documented. ( meaning I did not find it )

That isn't a feature but rather an internal solution to update the version of AutoIt3Wrapper after I made all AutoIt3 utility scripts run with AutoIt3.exe in stead of using a compiled version due to a constant stream of false positives on the compiled scripts. Before that it use to retrieve the version from the compiled PE version header.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I saw that the top part of the new beta is heavily changed as is there is never going to be a compiled version anymore. And that conclusion leads to understand that the internal Global Const update in Update_Version() is also now without a purpose and bound to be removed.
It may very well be a feature, since like it or not, some users may have used it as such. I too use the PE to get the FileVersion of the compilation but having the $VERSION in the *_stripped.au3 can be useful to have when using /MO to match the error line to the script that got compiled ( if the user saved the file somewhere** and not just overwrite every time ).

So after all this rambling, my question is: are you gonna leave it as is, or remove it ?. ***

** I wrote a BackupScript.au3 that takes care of all that, so it may make the question, kind of non-sense.
*** If it's here to stay then I'll count on it while coding, otherwise forget the discovery.

• Developers
38 minutes ago, argumentum said:

And that conclusion leads to understand that the internal Global Const update in Update_Version() is also now without a purpose and bound to be removed.

Of course not ...  it was added for the shear fact I stopped compiling, thus using "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion="  had no purpose anymore!

So yes, I guess you can see it as an Feature as well in that respect. :) 

EDIT: I did restore a couple of directives as these are (of course) needed for the versioning and versionnumber. 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Prod
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=%OUT%
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
MsgBox(262144, @ScriptName, "@AutoItVersion: " & @AutoItVersion, 30)

I don't generally use the Prod/Beta selection in the wrapper but using it, I found that the selection in the RadioButton does not matter as it obeys #AutoIt3Wrapper_Version= only ( that does update accordingly ).
To test, compile as one, and alternate between Prod/Beta to corroborate the finding.

• Developers

You mean that the directive is updated when you change it in the GUI (Ctrl+F7) but it still compiles with its previous setting?
It only works when you run it the second time right now.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I never use that directive myself either ....   but it should be fixed again in the current Beta. :) 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

About a month ago, I wrote about Chinese Unicode characters:

On 5/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, Purity8 said:

Console doesn't seem to support Chinese characters.  I've set everything to UTF-8 encoding beforehand, so everything else displays Chinese characters normally. I learned this from using Notepad2.

When writing to console:

Global Const $sVar =ConsoleWrite("sVar : " & $sVar)

In the console,  sVar will appear as question mark (?).

Exceptions are Msg & Input boxes. These display Chinese normally.

Then we found out:

On 5/21/2020 at 8:04 AM, wyf said:
The strange phenomenon occurs when the path string or file name has Chinese characters.

123.PNG

This was occurring in AutoIt3Wrapper 19.1127.1402.5 for Chinese Unicode characters.

The orange line states : "Main script copied to temp file because of Unicode characters in one of the filenames: test.au3".

I have upgraded to the beta version 19.1127.1402.9.

+>10:40:52 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.9) from:SciTE.exe (4.2.0.0)

However, it remains the same. Unicode still displays as question mark (?) in the output console.

• Developers
1 hour ago, Purity8 said:

However, it remains the same. Unicode still displays as question mark (?) in the output console.

That is an different topic as the other issue had to do with doublebyte characters in the filename or path and wasn't about the console STDOUT. There are multiple discussions on console output in the forum, so please have a look at those first.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

13 hours ago, Purity8 said:

About a month ago, I wrote about Chinese Unicode characters:

Then we found out:

This was occurring in AutoIt3Wrapper 19.1127.1402.5 for Chinese Unicode characters.

Your AutoIt3 may not be the Chinese version downloaded domestically? Open SciTEGlobal.properties, find "output.code.page=0",

if this is the case, open SciTEUser.properties and add "output.code.page=936" in the last line .

Look at the console display again. If it works, it is recommended to add 2 more lines in SciTEUser.properties: code.page=936 and character.set=134

Edited by wyf

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 5:39 PM, mLipok said:

Works much better.... :)
Will keep an eye on it.

I found one issue.

#include '..\Console.au3'

gives:

!->Includefile '..\Console.au3' not found.

this problem not occurs in this case:

#include "..\Console.au3"

so I think that AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 (19.1127.1402.9) is not properly works in case when single qoutes are used.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

at first glance, confirmed as fixed

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• 1 month later...

in one of my project I get:

!>13:36:39 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>13:36:39 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 15.52

my questions:
Is that normal that in this case AutoIt3Wrapper ends with different exit code than returned by AutoIt.exe  ?

What mean exit code == 3221225477 ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Try running AutoIt3 directly from SciTE and see what SciTE tell you the returncode is, but that is what AutoIt3Wrapper gets:

$ExitCode = _ProcessExitCode($Pid, $Handle)
        _ProcessCloseHandle($Handle)
        Write_RC_Console_Msg("AutoIt3.exe ended.", $ExitCode)

These high numbers often mean there was a hardcrash.   

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

hm... there was upgrade with this ActiveX component which I used, after using current version the problem is gone.

edit:
but your answer was valuable, thanks @Jos

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

This new Scite4AutoIt3 editor (latest beta) opens not maximized.

Previous versions are OK, ie. maximized.

Can this be somehow configured/overriden? Or is this some bug in this new version?

Thanks.

EDIT:

AutoIt (3.3.14.5)+Scite4AutoIt3(latest ZIP) unpacked from their ZIP packages to folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt33145\

and run by command

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt33145\SciTe\SciTE.exe

from file manager with parameter "full path to selected AU3 script" from "Start menu" in file manager (Total commander/Far manager)

Edited by Zedna

• Developers

mmm... zip file as in "let's not use the installer and have everything properly set for me and then post having issues".. ;) 

Seriously: When installed properly, the last settings are restored from the SciTE.session file :

# SciTE session file

position.left=105
position.top=5
position.width=1712
position.height=1028
position.maximize=1

which is stored in the directory indicated by the environment variable SCITE_USERHOME.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to 27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.
  • Jos locked and unpinned this topic