WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (III)

Danp2

2 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

@mLipokIDK. You could try with a different browser. Other thought would be to add some debugging code that performs the click inside a loop until the secondary element is visible.

WIP, will share results.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Where can I find a working example of automating Chrome browser with autoit? I tried various examples found on this forum but I can't get it to work...

I tested both "chrome_example.auto3" and "chrome_example_2.auto3" from this thread. Of course I made sure to follow the instructions and install the pre-requisites.
From this thread: 

But when I launch the au3 script, it opens the page in the browser then it just hangs there. It doesn't fill any form element or click any link.

I'm afraid I'll get an answer saying "not working" is too vague, but I can't find any information as to why it's not working. It's not writing anything to the console and there is no error message. 

I noticed the examples I used are from 2013 so maybe it's outdated. Is there a more recent version of those 2 examples files ?
I also tested with the most recent example from this page: https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/WebDriver
I followed the instructions but as soon as I open wd_demo.au3 and click the button to run DemoNavigation in Chrome, it doesn't work. The script opens the browser then instantly closes it.

image.png.3e62816cac02737fb5705c4ae7ca690b.png

I also tried using Edge Driver instead, but the browser window instantly closes again

image.png.4d23b13e897e6e2ef9c98143903c390d.png

However, if I test with gecko driver (Firefox) then the demo works correctly.

Why isn't it working for Chrome and Edge?

58 minutes ago, ungovernable said:

However, if I test with gecko driver (Firefox) then the demo works correctly.

Why isn't it working for Chrome and Edge?

Hard to say without additional details. My guess would be that it can't find the Chrome / Edge executable. To troubleshoot further, please post the results from the Scite output panel after you run wd_demo.

I didn't find the solution so I ended up using just the gecko driver. However i'm facing another problem now. I'm not able to click the button, I always get this error:

__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/129f7eff-da9f-4c1d-b390-f9e765d09c2b/element; $sData={"using":"xpath","value":"//button[@id='onetrust-accept-btn-handler']"}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver...
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_FindElement: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_FindElement ==> Send / Recv error: HTTP status = 0
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/129f7eff-da9f-4c1d-b390-f9e765d09c2b/element//click; $sData={"id":""}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver...
_WD_ElementAction: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver...
_WD_ElementAction ==> Send / Recv error: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver

Here's my code:

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"
#include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $iIndex, $sSession
Local $nMsg, $bProcess = False

SetupGecko()
_WD_Startup()
$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true,"timeouts": {"implicit": 0, "pageLoad": 60000, "script": 30000}}}'
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
_WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://app.spod.com/global")
ConsoleWrite("URL=" & _WD_Action($sSession, 'url') & @CRLF)
_WD_Shutdown()

Func SetupGecko()
_WD_Option('Driver', 'geckodriver.exe')
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace')
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)
EndFunc

WinWait("Sign-in to your account | SPOD App", "")
Sleep(5000)
ConsoleWrite("........................." & @CRLF)

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//button[@id='onetrust-accept-btn-handler']")
_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, "click")

exit;

Edited by ungovernable

Sorry here's the full log

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "W:\NDNM\SPOD\test firefox.au3"    
_WD_IsLatestRelease: True
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_10 WIN32_NT 19043 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WD_Startup: WD.au3:    0.4.1.0 (Up to date)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)
_WD_Startup: Driver:    geckodriver.exe
_WD_Startup: Params:    --log trace
_WD_Startup: Port:    4444
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; $sData={"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true,"timeouts": {"implicit": 0, "pageLoad": 60000, "script": 30000}}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":{"sessionId":"9b22510e-d144-4cab-be92-c185b0ed8da2","capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":t...
_WD_CreateSession: {"value":{"sessionId":"9b22510e-d144-4cab-be92-c185b0ed8da2","capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":true,"browserName":"firefox","browserVersion":"91.0","javascriptEnabled":true,"moz:accessibilityChecks":false,"moz:buildID":"20210804193234","moz:geckodriverVersion":"0.29.1","moz:headless":false,"moz:processID":23968,"moz:profile":"C:\\Users\\Anarchoi\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\rust_mozprofilen84tkH","moz:shutdownTimeout":60000,"moz:useNonSpecCompliantPointerOrigin":false,"moz:webdriverClick":true,"nativeEvents":true,"pageLoadStrategy":"normal","platformName":"windows","platformVersion":"10.0","proxy":{},"setWindowRect":true,"strictFileInteractability":false,"timeouts":{"implicit":0,"pageLoad":60000,"script":30000},"unhandledPromptBehavior":"dismiss and notify"}}}
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/9b22510e-d144-4cab-be92-c185b0ed8da2/url; $sData={"url":"https://app.spod.com/global"}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":null}...
_WD_Navigate: {"value":null}
__WD_Get: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/9b22510e-d144-4cab-be92-c185b0ed8da2/url
__WD_Get: StatusCode=200; $iResult = 0; $sResponseText={"value":"https://login.spod.com/"}...
_WD_Action: {"value":"https://login.spod.com/"}
URL=https://login.spod.com/
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/9b22510e-d144-4cab-be92-c185b0ed8da2/element; $sData={"using":"xpath","value":"//button[@id='onetrust-accept-btn-handler']"}
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/9b22510e-d144-4cab-be92-c185b0ed8da2/element//click; $sData={"id":""}
_WD_ElementAction ==> Send / Recv error: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
>Exit code: 0    Time: 14.94

I just updated WinHttp.au3 but I get the same error

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "W:\NDNM\SPOD\test firefox.au3"    
_WD_IsLatestRelease: True
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_10 WIN32_NT 19043 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WD_Startup: WD.au3:    0.4.1.0 (Up to date)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.2
_WD_Startup: Driver:    geckodriver.exe
_WD_Startup: Params:    --log trace
_WD_Startup: Port:    4444
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; $sData={"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true,"timeouts": {"implicit": 0, "pageLoad": 60000, "script": 30000}}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":{"sessionId":"ca8f2c59-8e10-43e6-9de3-dbff66aad230","capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":t...
_WD_CreateSession: {"value":{"sessionId":"ca8f2c59-8e10-43e6-9de3-dbff66aad230","capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":true,"browserName":"firefox","browserVersion":"91.0","javascriptEnabled":true,"moz:accessibilityChecks":false,"moz:buildID":"20210804193234","moz:geckodriverVersion":"0.29.1","moz:headless":false,"moz:processID":33860,"moz:profile":"C:\\Users\\Anarchoi\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\rust_mozprofileHHGozM","moz:shutdownTimeout":60000,"moz:useNonSpecCompliantPointerOrigin":false,"moz:webdriverClick":true,"nativeEvents":true,"pageLoadStrategy":"normal","platformName":"windows","platformVersion":"10.0","proxy":{},"setWindowRect":true,"strictFileInteractability":false,"timeouts":{"implicit":0,"pageLoad":60000,"script":30000},"unhandledPromptBehavior":"dismiss and notify"}}}
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/ca8f2c59-8e10-43e6-9de3-dbff66aad230/url; $sData={"url":"https://app.spod.com/global"}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":null}...
_WD_Navigate: {"value":null}
__WD_Get: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/ca8f2c59-8e10-43e6-9de3-dbff66aad230/url
__WD_Get: StatusCode=200; $iResult = 0; $sResponseText={"value":"https://login.spod.com/"}...
_WD_Action: {"value":"https://login.spod.com/"}
URL=https://login.spod.com/
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/ca8f2c59-8e10-43e6-9de3-dbff66aad230/element; $sData={"using":"xpath","value":"//button[@id='onetrust-accept-btn-handler']"}
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/ca8f2c59-8e10-43e6-9de3-dbff66aad230/element//click; $sData={"id":""}
>Exit code: 0    Time: 15.59

Thanks for the fast answers 👍

26 minutes ago, ungovernable said:

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true,"timeouts": {"implicit": 0, "pageLoad": 60000, "script": 30000}}}'

Have you tried it without the modified timeouts? Something like --

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox", "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}'

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 08/31/2021

Latest update just released. See below for change log.

v0.4.1.1
    - Fix (_WD_NewTab): Properly detect $sCurrentTabHandle retrieval
    - Changed (_WD_UpdateDriver): Improve error handling (seadoggie01)
    - Added: __WD_Sleep
        - Changed (_WD_Option): Added support for "Sleep" option
        - Chore: Use __WD_Sleep instead of Sleep in "helper" functions
    - Chore: Updated wd_demo.au3
        - Call correct Base64 decode function
        - Remove "binary" portion of MS Edge Capabilities string
    - Chore: Add remark to _WD_GetSession

@Danp2

Big thanks for adding this feature that we talked about earlier - I mean   __WD_Sleep().
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to do it myself.

I will do my tests and post my DEMO script in next few days.

btw.
In change log for v0.4.1.1
Please  consider to add remark about: $_WD_ERROR_UserAbort

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

I have another question... What's wrong with my XPath?

$spod_image_size_element = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//g[@class='configuration-info']/text")
        $spod_image_size = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $spod_image_size_element, 'property', 'value')

image.png.c448df3eed625253d83d56651cfac517.png

here's the element in dev console:

image.thumb.png.a0f4cf15fe38944f57cbff2d962614d0.png

the <text> element shows up dynamically, it appears only when I hold the mouse button over the image to resize it. So I try to catch it in a loop:

while 1
        sleep(5000)
        $spod_image_size_element = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//g[@class='configuration-info']")
        $spod_image_size = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $spod_image_size_element, 'property', 'value')
            msgbox(0,"Element text = " & $spod_image_size, "")
WEnd

I also tried to get the parent element instead (g.configuration-info) but still can't be found:

image.png.e42a3c5402aef9aced13dfa56e758864.png

this doesn't work either:

//g[contains(@class, 'configuration-info')]

9 hours ago, ungovernable said:

Is there a way to save cookies with WebDriver so I don't have to re-login every time I restart my script?

Unless you instruct otherwise, a new temporary user profile is used each time you launch the browser with webdriver. I haven't needed to save / restore cookies, so I don't really have advice in this area other than to point you to the _WD_Cookies function.

5 hours ago, ungovernable said:

What's wrong with my XPath?

Have you checked to see if the page uses frames?

For those interested - please have a look here:

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 07/29/2022
  • Jos locked this topic