BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

• Developers

Uploaded a new Zip file that contains some tweaks to avoid checking comments. 
Thanks

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

6 minutes ago, Jos said:

Uploaded a new Zip file that contains some tweaks to avoid checking comments. 

Confirmed as fixed

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

When are you planning a public release ?

btw.
I see that you are using the newest version:

Version 5.3.1   Scintilla:5.3.1   Lexilla:5.2.0  Nov  7 2022 14:22:27

https://www.scintilla.org/SciTEHistory.html

The last one public was:

Release 4.4.6

• Released 1 December 2020.
  • Fix building with Xcode 12. Bug #2187.

so it is almost 2 years when last public SciTE.exe in SciTE4AutoIt3 was merged from the main code source.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers
55 minutes ago, mLipok said:

When are you planning a public release ?

Whenever I feel it is ready and, more importantly,  have some time to burn to make the new version installer.

56 minutes ago, mLipok said:

I see that you are using the newest version:

You knew that already as I told you this some time ago.  ;) 

57 minutes ago, mLipok said:

so it is almost 2 years when last public SciTE.exe in SciTE4AutoIt3 was merged from the main code source.

Correct ... but it is working fine so I have no rush as nobody else other than you is either. :) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Why IsAdmin, IsArray, IsBinary, IsBool are listed in cases as below:

image.png.5971dcacd336417810a91044f37a2b7d.png

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

Why IsAdmin, IsArray, IsBinary, IsBool are listed in cases as below:

• The Dropdown will show al list of possible Variables or Functions and Abbreviation when you start typing. 
  • The match is done on the whole functionname now, not just the starting characters.
  • The Starting $ or _ characters are ignored in this search and the results are shown in the order of the starting position in the found "words" of the typed characters:
    Example 1: When we type Find the below is returned: As you can see they are sorted in the order of starting position of "Find" and then Alphabetically

:) there are sooooo many caveats to the flexibility I've build in with ignoring the  _. I have now made a change that the _ is only ignored in the target Function, but when typed it needs to be there in the target. (update uploaded)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
On 12/1/2022 at 1:03 AM, jpm said:

If you have the same var definition in 2 .au3 files in the same dir running Ctrl+Shit+z generate the dynamic include to the other

Thanks ... will have a look to see why....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I have made a change to the logic so when a Variable is seen 2 times in the script, the typed occurrence and one other occurrence, it is assumed that the variable is already defined locally and no includes are added. Updated ZIP uploaded. :) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
3 hours ago, jpm said:

not working if a .au3 in the same dir contains a redefinition of an included standard UDF

I need a simple reproducer for that please. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
On 12/2/2022 at 11:23 AM, jpm said:

not working if a .au3 in the same dir contains a redefinition of an included standard UDF

I've uploaded an update that checks first if the VAR is already included through an  Standard Include in case an Var is found in an project include.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@jpm I know that this is question to @Jos

but...

Normally user should not declare variable in his own script with the same name as in any UDF which he want to use (by placing them in related UDF directories)
so I wondering.

You testing script is for ocasion when you want to make a smallest reproducer then you are declaring variables with the same naming as in UDF in your main script.

But this is very uncommon situation.

So my related question to @Jos is how to easily turn of new DYNAMIC LUA feature and to use old behavior ? 
Maybe some kind of directive ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, mLipok said:

So my related question to @Jos is how to easily turn of new DYNAMIC LUA feature and to use old behavior ? 

This may be also very usefully when you get Au3Portable on some old/slow computer.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

Did you check the current available docs for the available directives?  ... or didn't it work as expected? :) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Oh I forget...

#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include=y                               ;dynamic.include=y/n

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
8 hours ago, jpm said:

is it normal that a variable defining a UDF constant in a user script try to include the standard UDF which will conflict ?

I would say no, but I haven't had that situation yet. Will add a test for that as that really shouldn't happen. :) 

EDIT: This is going to be a bigger challenge than initially thought. 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs
  • Jos locked, unlocked and pinned this topic