BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

I use:

#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_Path=;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\mLipok;=;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\OtherMembers;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\Priv

why this #include statement:

#include <QuickPDF.au3>                                      ; added:09/27/22 13:49:00

is relative ?

I was expecting that it will be direct location:

#include "c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\mLipok\QuickPDF.au3"                                      ; added:09/27/22 13:49:00

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers
6 hours ago, mLipok said:

why this #include statement:

Yes..... 

Spoiler

open the log file and check yourself first what is happening......  and share at least the logfile when you need help from me as usual! ;) 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

On 9/27/2022 at 9:11 AM, Jos said:

Let me ask differently: Do you get problems with the AutoComplete feature when you open an *stripped.au3 script?

I was working on KK_Poszukiwacz.au3 project.

And this was added:

#Region ; *** Dynamically added Include files ***
#include <KK_Poszukiwacz_stripped.au3>                       ; added:09/29/22 10:25:10
#EndRegion ; *** Dynamically added Include files ***

KK_Poszukiwacz_stripped.au3 exist only in the same directory as KK_Poszukiwacz.au3 file.

I use:

#SciTE4AutoIt3_Include_Path=;z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_ML;Z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\mLipok;z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\Other_Members

My question is:
Are all AU3 files in the main script directory treated as UDFs ?

EDIT:
Of course I get tons of type error:

"z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\PROGRAMY\KK_Poszukiwacz\KK_Poszukiwacz.au3"(6,125) : error: $UTF_PROBLEM_FIXER previously declared as a 'Const'.

and

"z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5\Include\Crypt.au3"(683,23) : error: __Crypt_Context() already defined.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers
On 9/29/2022 at 10:52 AM, mLipok said:

My question is:
Are all AU3 files in the main script directory treated as UDFs ?

(sigh) did you check the helpinfo I wrote or is there anything unclear that I should change? ;)  
--> Documentation

These are all the Func's (UDFs) that will be recognized by the dynamic include process:

1. All Funcs in the default autoit/includes directory with format _ABC(), undocumented Funcs will be added to AutoComplete
  2. All Funcs except __*.au3 from all extra *.au3 Files in the openfile= paths that have a #include-once in it, are added to Style 16 (UserUDFs).
  3. All Funcs from the current script file are added to style 17 (InFIleUDFs)
  4. All Gobal Const Variables defined in any of the previous defined paths that are defined in a *constants*.au3 scriptfile which also includes #include-once.
  5. All Funcs except __*.au3 from all *.au3 Files in the current script directory are added to Style 16 (UserUDFs).
  6. All Funcs except __*.au3 from all *.au3 Files in the directories defined with Directive:#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_Path=;Includes\relative\path;d;\includes\absolute\path

On 9/29/2022 at 10:52 AM, mLipok said:

EDIT:
Of course I get tons of type error:

No idea what this means or whether there is a question there, but I get the feeling you have a somewhat cludgy setup. ;) 

EDIT: I guess what you are saying that I should not read the *.stripped.au3 script to be used as an include option! That is something I definitely agree on and will change. (Sorry to be somewhat slow) 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I have added a check for *_stripped.au3 to skip those script directory source files from being scanned for VARs & FUNCs.
Try the current ZIP version. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks.

May I ask how I can define that the calltips will be poped up when I type at least 3 chars ?

In my personal opinion, this tooltip window is showing up too often.

At the beginning, with one character, they are badly matched, because a single character displays almost all available hints, so the amount of data and the intensity of changes causes eye fatigue after prolonged use.

Therefore, introducing the option to display hints only after entering 3 characters should largely solve this problem.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Jos said:

No idea what this means or whether there is a question there, but I get the feeling you have a somewhat cludgy setup.

@Jos do you still have may testing ENV ?
If so please try this script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_ShowProgress=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=Y
;~ #Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /RSLN /DEBUG /TL /SCI=9
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /RSLN

#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include_Path=;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\mLipok;=;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\OtherMembers;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\Priv

_Example()

Func _Example()
    $_WD_ERROR_
    $ADO_
EndFunc   ;==>_Example

when you try expand $_WD_ERROR_ and $ADO_  then you get for example:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_ShowProgress=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=Y
;~ #Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /RSLN /DEBUG /TL /SCI=9
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /RSLN

#include <ADO_CONSTANTS.au3>                                 ; added:09/29/22 14:36:58
#include <wd_core.au3>                                       ; added:09/29/22 14:37:25

_Example()

Func _Example()
    $_WD_ERROR_COUNTER
    $ADO_adAddNew
EndFunc   ;==>_Example

As you can see 2 #include statements  have been added:

#include <ADO_CONSTANTS.au3>                                 ; added:09/29/22 14:36:58
#include <wd_core.au3>                                       ; added:09/29/22 14:37:25

but they location should be added directly

#include "c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\mLipok\ADO_CONSTANTS.au3"                                 ; added:09/29/22 14:36:58
#include "c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\OtherMembers\wd_core.au3"                                       ; added:09/29/22 14:37:25

as currently I get this errors:

image.thumb.png.de75f231f9a48b0cad0f8d73be2842d7.png

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
54 minutes ago, mLipok said:

@Jos do you still have may testing ENV ?
If so please try this script:

Are you still having issues as I did EDIT that post and made a change to the script? I only want to test thing when they fail. ;)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Just to stop this becoming the Michal and Jos show - ad to show others are testing too!

the option to display hints only after entering 3 characters

An ability to choose the number of characters typed before the autocomplete appears would be a nice option - if it does not complicate things too much.

Steve G

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers
20 hours ago, mLipok said:

At the beginning, with one character, they are badly matched, because a single character displays almost all available hints, so the amount of data and the intensity of changes causes eye fatigue after prolonged use.

Therefore, introducing the option to display hints only after entering 3 characters should largely solve this problem.

17 hours ago, Melba23 said:

An ability to choose the number of characters typed before the autocomplete appears would be a nice option - if it does not complicate things too much.

I have added this property which will allow you to set the minimal length before the AutoComplete is shown for other than Marco's(@) & Directives(#):

# Define minimum length before AutoComplete dropdown is shown- default=2
autocomplete.au3.min.length=2

Default is now set to 2 characters, so give that a spin and see if that makes it better for you. :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I notice some redundant log in console

cancel
cancel
cancel
cancel
cancel
cancel
cancel
cancel

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Sorry about that...   it is fixed in the latest beta ..... (or just add -- in front of print on line 135 in AutoItAutoComplete.lua.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Whether due to the new functionality, the old ones were turned off, in particular: au3.user.calltips.api
?

If not - then I have some issue and must focus on investigation - what I do wrong.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
56 minutes ago, mLipok said:

Whether due to the new functionality, the old ones were turned off, in particular: au3.user.calltips.api
?

If not - then I have some issue and must focus on investigation - what I do wrong.

Sorry but I totally lost you here.....please elaborate.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I still want to use au3.user.calltips.api in some scirpts/projects.
I have script where I do not use this new LUA autocomplete feature:

My issue is that SciTE do not popup caltips defined in au3.user.calltips.api  file.

So I ask:
Due to the new functionality (LUA autocomplete), the old ones (au3.user.calltips.api) have been disabled or should still work ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I notice that I have duplicated functions like this :

image.png.8f9a06f30529ae6c6ce6cb4c02b76d5a.png

Any idea how to diagnose this issue ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
2 hours ago, mLipok said:

I still want to use au3.user.calltips.api in some scirpts/projects.
I have script where I do not use this new LUA autocomplete feature:

My issue is that SciTE do not popup caltips defined in au3.user.calltips.api  file.

So I ask:
Due to the new functionality (LUA autocomplete), the old ones (au3.user.calltips.api) have been disabled or should still work ?

Calltips is a different from AutoComplete. Calltips will show info about known functions.
Are you saying that the regular CallTips still work but the User calltips do not?  Not even when you use the Option in the EditMenu or press Ctrl+Shift+Space?
Just tested and that works for me, so what have you done to disable "I have script where I do not use this new LUA autocomplete feature" ?
I tested with both y & n for:

#SciTE4AutoIt3_Dynamic_Include=n

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
18 minutes ago, mLipok said:

Any idea how to diagnose this issue ?

That shouldn't happen....   anyway for me to replicate this?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

15 minutes ago, Jos said:

That shouldn't happen....   anyway for me to replicate this?

I'll have a package ready tonight.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Are you saying that the regular CallTips still work but the User calltips do not?  Not even when you use the Option in the EditMenu or press Ctrl+Shift+Space?

I will dig into it.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Jos changed the title to BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs
  • Jos locked, unlocked and pinned this topic