BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

I can crash SciTE

here is repro:

Func _123456789_1x23456789_2x23456789_3x23456789_4x23456789_5x23456789_6x23456789_7x23456789_8x23456789()
EndFunc

just try to add 0 after _8x23456789

Edited by mLipok
better repro

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Can you somehow stripp max length of displayed item in pop up list to 200 chars ?

image.thumb.png.154aa2b8bca141414ad787bc223f4e71.png

Func _123456789_1x23456789_2x23456789_3x23456789_4x23456789_5x23456789_6x23456789_7x23456789_8x23456789()
    $123456789_1x23456789_2x23456789_3x23456789_4x23456789_5x23456789_6x23456789_7x23456789_8x23456789_9x23456789_10x456789_11x456789_12x456789_13x456789_14x456789_15x456789_16x456789_17x456789_18x456789_19x456789
    $123
EndFunc

I have 1920x1080 screen and as you can see in this following screenshot, in case of longer element, you can see issue like showing the POPUP list on second monitor.

image.thumb.png.2473fd34f54b37d0402144eee08577d1.png

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers
12 hours ago, mLipok said:

I can crash SciTE

here is repro:

EndFunc

just try to add 0 after _8x23456789

The ""assumption in the SciTE lexer is that no language will ever use a keyword longer than 99 characters, which has proven to be pretty save in that last 15 year until "somebody" comes along that likes to do crazy stuff like coming up with a Func name (Keyword) that is longer than that ... hence the crash. ;)

I will add an extra test to avoid the crash and change the type to DEFAULT for this longer keyword, and please do not ask why a FUnc name longer than 99 doesn't color properly. :lol:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers
12 hours ago, mLipok said:

Can you somehow stripp max length of displayed item in pop up list to 200 chars ?

I really think you should stick to real-life examples and not try to find the extremes.
If you code a BAD-ASS-BIG_Variable name then that is what you will get. ;)  

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

If you code a BAD-ASS-BIG_Variable name then that is what you will get.

It was related to abbreviation which are longer than 200 chars, just when you type any single letter    for example letter     a    it popup such big list.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
7 minutes ago, mLipok said:

It was related to abbreviation which are longer than 200 chars, just when you type any single letter    for example letter     a    it popup such big list.

Ah  ok ....  the first image was readable for me and showed something else. I have no issue limiting the Abbrev string length in the dropdown. 

PS: I have fixed the lexer hardcrash and will upload the lexer update later today

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

On 8/23/2022 at 1:01 PM, Jos said:

The ""assumption in the SciTE lexer is that no language will ever use a keyword longer than 99 characters, which has proven to be pretty save in that last 15 year until "somebody" comes along that likes to do crazy stuff like coming up with a Func name (Keyword) that is longer than that ... hence the crash. ;)

I will add an extra test to avoid the crash and change the type to DEFAULT for this longer keyword, and please do not ask why a FUnc name longer than 99 doesn't color properly. :lol:

I was just trying to check how long text is displayed ;)

To find out this:

On 8/23/2022 at 1:11 PM, mLipok said:

And as I find that it crashes SciTE I noted it here.

btw.
I use long names constantly:

_WEBEWID__WD__P*****K********__O****F*******__IMIE_S**
_WEBEWID__WD__P*****K********__O****F*******__DRUGIE_IMIE_S**
_WEBEWID__WD__P*****K********__O****F*******__IMIE_MATKI_S**
_WEBEWID__WD__P*****K********__O****F*******__IMIE_OJCA_S**
_WEBEWID__WD__R*******W*********_G**R******
_WEBEWID__WD__R*******W*********_G**R******_C**C*****S*********R*****
_WEBEWID__WD__R*******W*********_G**R******_P******T*****W******_A*PDF

or like this:

_CEiDG__WD__WynikiWyszukiwania__GetAllResults
_CEiDG__WD__WynikiWyszukiwania__GetAllResults
_CEiDG__WD__WynikiWyszukiwania__GetPage_AsPDF
_CEiDG__WD__WynikiWyszukiwania__Paginator_GetCurrentPage
_CEiDG__WD__WynikiWyszukiwania__Paginator__Nastepna_Click

Because I know exactly where and what these functions do.

EDIT: This is like reading code without reading comments.

Edited by mLipok
some code was modified by replacing with *

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Like I said...   The Lexer will try to check for Keywords when it is still in a default style, and any unknown long string longer than 99 will make it crash for you. Strings comments etc aren't an issue.   

Just uploaded the complete set to the alpha directory. Download SciTE.exe + 2 DLL's to get the fix.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
16 minutes ago, Jos said:

Ah  ok ....  the first image was readable for me and showed something else. I have no issue limiting the Abbrev string length in the dropdown. 

I have changed it in this way: Max displayed length 150 and when longer it will be followed with "..." to indicate there is more:image.thumb.png.e9a4d95c853a7b51e5c2934945bfd962.png

Upload will follow later...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos, 

I am not sure if it was discussed But I would like that the proposal are sort By the first Letter followed by AutoComplete and/or the abbrev one

In Scite.4

Scite.4.png.a6b71384502ddf6041c7a6d1f5b6c5a6.png

Scite.5 (22/08)

508760867_Scite.5Autocomplete.png.da1a4b1acd74b1f5af1ee4f6115b3333.png

Cheers

PS not sure why the proposal windows is so big

Edited by jpm

• Developers
10 minutes ago, jpm said:

PS not sure why the proposal windows is so big

That has to do with the previous few posts! ;)

I am not sure I understand your proposal, as the shown abbreviations starting with "lb" are alphabetically in the correct place before the "Lo"  ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Hiya,

I am a bit behind in where we are in this saga at the moment - where can I get the latest files, please, so I can join in the fun too.

Steve G

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

They are all in the zip linked on the first page:  

On 7/1/2022 at 4:30 PM, Jos said:

This SciTE_changes_Dynamic_Includes.zip contains the updated files for an standard installation, so just save your current setup and replace the supplied files in the zip file.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Gracias!

Steve G

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

2 hours ago, Jos said:

That has to do with the previous few posts! ;)

I am not sure I understand your proposal, as the shown abbreviations starting with "lb" are alphabetically in the correct place before the "Lo"  ?

When I type l I want "Local" be first before abbrev.

I understand that more autocomplete stuff can be added

If i type "g" I want Global first I dont like _GUI* be listed before GUICreate()

perhaps the best is to list the keyword first follow by the abbrev and after all other matching ordered by name 

I Hope that clarify why it is good for me ...

Cheers

• Developers
47 minutes ago, jpm said:

When I type l I want "Local" be first before abbrev.

When you type local, then local will be the first one in the list, so I still fail to understand what you think the logic should be as far as sorting is concerned. The current logic is described in the initial post and would like to hear what it should be in case there is a better way:

AutoComplete is now customized and will contain the following in the dropdownlist:

• When starting with $: Any variable that have a partial match anywhere in the name, sorted on the Starting position of the match in the found Variable name and then Alphabetically.
  • When starting with _ or any word-character:  Any internal Keyword/Function or any UDF/Abbreviation that have a partial match anywhere in the name, sorted on the Starting position of the match in the found Variable name and then Alphabetically.

Just stating you want something at the top of the list doesn't tell me what logic should be used. ;) 

Just as en example for your Local: these are the dropdown list steps shown after each character typed:

image.png.734217e96e37b9a1096451e7f62203be.png

image.png.e649f091e47e3581115f78693e31d841.png

... and that to me makes perfect sense from a alphabetic sorting point of view. :) 
Anyways, I hope you understand how it works at this moment and am curious how things should/could be different/better. 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
6 hours ago, jpm said:

I agree if I type "lo" I get it but What I propose will allow just "l" as before

I understand, but "before" there were no ABBREVs, so now they show now as well.  I have no issue added another parameter were you can disable the listing of ABBREVS in the AutoComplete, but other than that have still no idea what it is that you think needs to be change from a Logic point of view. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally I starts using this in version my DEV ENV
Give me a week for finall testing.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Jos changed the title to BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs
  • Jos locked, unlocked and pinned this topic