BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

• Developers
4 minutes ago, Jos said:

When it doesn't then send me that logfile so I can see what is going on and don't have to guess.

Scratch that ...  As I said before: My current version is totally different from what you have, so just wait for me to be done with it and simply don't use it when it is causing issues for you and that last suggestion isn't working. ...   sorry but that is the way it is till I am done and I will not make it available until I am completely happy with it. :) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Jos,

but honestly think your setup is way to complex

If you want some testing on a pretty much "vanilla" system, feel free to send me whatever you would like me to try out.

Steve G

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

1 hour ago, Melba23 said:

pretty much "vanilla" system,

what this mean something like clean/standard system ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

2 hours ago, Jos said:

Scratch that ...  As I said before: My current version is totally different from what you have, so just wait for me to be done with it and simply don't use it when it is causing issues for you and that last suggestion isn't working. ...   sorry but that is the way it is till I am done and I will not make it available until I am completely happy with it. :) 

I just sent to you email:   "AutoItPortable_for_JOS__testing_LUA.zip - part 2"

I test it with:

#Region ; *** Dynamically added Include files ***
#include <File.au3>                                          ; (07/08/22 23:51:36
#include "c:\autoitportable\myincludeset\mlipok\ADO.au3"     ; (07/11/22 12:04:55
#include "c:\autoitportable\myincludeset\othermembers\WinHttp.au3" ; (07/11/22 12:05:00
#include "c:\autoitportable\myincludeset\othermembers\wd_core.au3" ; (07/11/22 12:05:06
#EndRegion ; *** Dynamically added Include files ***
#include "c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\mlipok\ADO_API.au3"
#include "c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\othermembers\wd_helper.au3"
#SciTE4AutoIt3_Include_Path=;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\mLipok;=;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\OtherMembers;c:\AutoItPortable\MyIncludeSet\Priv

_Example()

Func _Example()
    Local $aTemp = _FileListToArray(@ScriptDir, '*', $FLTA_FILES, False)
    _FileListToArray(

_ArrayDisplay(

_ADO_Execute(
    _ADO_Recordset_Load(
    $ADO_

_WinHttpConnect(
    $WINHTTP_

_WD_CreateSession(

_ADO_API(

$_WD_ERROR_
EndFunc   ;==>_Example

And I wonder why this following line are added:

#include "c:\autoitportable\myincludeset\mlipok\ADO.au3"     ; (07/11/22 12:04:55
#include "c:\autoitportable\myincludeset\othermembers\WinHttp.au3" ; (07/11/22 12:05:00
#include "c:\autoitportable\myincludeset\othermembers\wd_core.au3" ; (07/11/22 12:05:06

when they are already referenced by:

To make it easier I create a small reproducer: Public.zip

The main.au3 contains:

#SciTE4AutoIt3_Include_Path=;c:\AutoItPortable\Example\Public\MyIncludeSet
#include "c:\AutoItPortable\Example\Public\MyIncludeSet\1.au3"

_Function_2()

1.au3 contains:

#include-once
#include "c:\AutoItPortable\Example\Public\MyIncludeSet\2.au3"

Func _Function_1()

EndFunc   ;==>_Function_1

2.au3 contains:

#include-once

Func _Function_2()

EndFunc   ;==>_Function_2

My question is as follows:    Why dynamic scripts add the following lines, despite the fact that this file already has an appropriate / required reference.

#Region ; *** Dynamically added Include files ***
#include "c:\autoitportable\example\public\myincludeset\2.au3" ; (07/11/22 12:18:10
#EndRegion ; *** Dynamically added Include files ***

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

And I wonder why this following line are added:

when they are already referenced by:

-snip-

Please please pretty please: Stop asking these questions about the "old" version you have... I am NOT going to spent any more time on these questions in either answering or investigating... this is what I have already stated and hopefully now have used better/clearer wording!  ..  and when the new release is available: i will still not answer them unless I get at least the log that goes with the question!...  This is just so I keep my sanity ! ;)  

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

mLipok,

what this mean something like clean/standard system ?

Yup. Standard AutoIt install with all the non-standard additional UDFs that I use in a single separate folder.

Steve G

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Please please pretty please: Stop asking these questions about the "old" version you have..

Oh sorry, I download current LUA.zip and I was thinking this is your current version, now I understand that you have some new on your desk, but stil as work in progress.
So I will wait till I be able to test your new version and till you request new logs.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Thanks ! ;) 

by the way: I have already answered this question too, so why do you think the answer would be different this time? 

3 hours ago, mLipok said:

My question is as follows:    Why dynamic scripts add the following lines, despite the fact that this file already has an appropriate / required reference.

my previous answer:

.. so if it's not clear what I wrote then ask as it is important you understand how things work when testing to avoid going around in circles.
So to rephrase: Dynamic includes only goes one level deep, which means it reads all files in an #include statement in the master source and gets the available UDFs & Global Vars from it, but it doesn't read any included files! I have done this deliberately to keep things clean and avoid a messy setup.
The other consideration is speed as this would mean a whole lot more io each time the current script is saved or check for include is done.
Doesn't it make perfect sense to:

#include "c:\autoitportable\example\public\myincludeset\2.au3" ; (07/11/22 12:18:10

when you refer to a "standard user udf" with the name _Function_2() ? To me it makes total sense to want that and not depend on any intermediate include file(s) and keep code much cleaner/logical.... or am I the only one thinking this?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

6 minutes ago, Jos said:

or am I the only one thinking this?

I'm just throwing my point of view.
As no one else has commented on my point of view yet, so we have to wait for what time will bring.
The answer will come over time as this feature becomes publicly available.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
3 minutes ago, mLipok said:

The answer will come over time as this feature becomes publicly available.

...  That is not the way it will work as I am not planning to keep on spending a shitload of time on changing this one again, then I rather kill it now and we pretend it never existed.   ( and I simply keep it for myself as a user lua option, as it save me time when doing a quick simple script)  

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

My 2p worth.

I think the functionality of auto-including UDFs when typing a script is a fantastic idea - I was delighted with the way it was working in the last released iteration where it met all my expectations. I agree totally with your philosophy of keeping the logic of the whole process as simple as possible:

Dynamic includes only goes one level deep, which means it reads all files in an #include statement in the master source and gets the available UDFs & Global Vars from it, but it doesn't read any included files! I have done this deliberately to keep things clean and avoid a messy setup.
The other consideration is speed as this would mean a whole lot more io each time the current script is saved or check for include is done.

This seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable way of proceeding and in my "simple" setup I do not foresee any big problems - if I have to manually add a couple of includes from time to time (such as when I have a modified version of one of my UDFs in @ScriptDir) then so be it.

then I rather kill it now and we pretend it never existed.

Please do not do this - I am very much looking forward to testing your " new and improved" version sometime soon. There will always be outlier cases where users, for whatever reason, have "complicated" setups (Michal, I am looking at you!) - but that is as personal choice and they should not complain too much if the tool is not perfect for them.

Steve G

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developers

It has been a while since I posted in here, but I have been revamping the internals and adding functionality onto the previously shown base logic. It is all working faster and the AutoComplete has become "smarter". This Video-gif shows how it works currently in my test environment. It now includes partial Variable names/UDFnames sorted on position typed word found, and also includes matching defined abbreviations, which will expand upon selection: 

AutoComplete1.gif

..  will be continued...

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to SciTE lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Nice addition for showing expanded abbreviations during typing.

image.png.262f6c5a8fa5ff0f0bc364d644aa4191.png

image.thumb.png.23c2f203dd833bc1f497ea1246a3f7c1.png

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Updated the first post with this major upgrade/changed version for all to have a go and let me know whether things work for you. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

After a lot more testing I would ask for just one change:

When selecting from the autocomplete box with the Enter key I would prefer that there was not a "New Line" passed to SciTE. Under the old system when we were only really dealing with Keywords it made sense, but nowadays the autocomplete is more likely to be in the middle of a line and I would prefer it to just enter the selection without a automatic new line. You could then differentiate between using the Tab key (which adds a space after the selected item) and the Enter key which does not.

Steve G

Spoiler

• Developers
25 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

You could then differentiate between using the Tab key (which adds a space after the selected item) and the Enter key which does not.

Not sure about what you mean with this last sentence as I thought that this is what is happening at this moment already. When you are in the middle of a line typing something end you select the keyword from the DropDown with Tab, it should just add the selected text with a space...right?    

EDIT: mmm rereading and thinking about it a little more I guess you want the Tab to add the selected text with a space and the Enter simply inserting the selected text....right?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Yup!

Steve G

Spoiler

• Developers

I like to keep this flexible for now so added 2 properties where we can define the additional character for Tab and Enter on Keywords:

# Define which character will be added after Tab or Enter was entered and not on a Function/UDF: Can be \s \t \n for space;tab;newline
autocomplete.au3.on.enter=\n
autocomplete.au3.on.tab=\s

Just use the latest zip file and add these to your SciTEUser.properties and adjust as you prefer, in your case remove the \n on the first one. :) 

Curious what others prefer so we can make a decision what the best default is.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Looks like you read my mind - I hesitated to suggest options because of the extra work it would make for you! Danke je wel.

Steve G

Spoiler

As so far I was too busy to take a look.
Will check in comming days.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Jos changed the title to BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs
  • Jos locked, unlocked and pinned this topic