Website giving error using script but fine manually

MRAJ

Hello,

AutoIt Version : v3.3.14.5

WDVERSION = "0.8.1"

I am using webdriver UDF using Edge Browser. Actually when i run the script it is giving me the error as below in edge browser, but when i run manually it is opening fine in IE mode without any issue. Please suggest

The connection for this site is not secure"

Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should post a short script that we can run to reproduce the problem. Otherwise, we can only guess at the reason for this issue.

P.S. Have you tried running your script while utilizing your existing user profile? See the wiki for details on how to do this if you are unsure.

P.P.S. You are running a very old version of the Webdriver UDF. Time to update if you want further support. 😉

Actaullu all scripts are working fine edge with IE mode..but only this website is showing the error while running script, but manually it is opening without any issue.

i posted output of the debug logs.

_WD_IsLatestRelease: 
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_2016 WIN32_NT 17763 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WD_Startup: WD.au3:    0.4.1.1 (Update available)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.2
_WD_Startup: Driver:    msedgedriver.exe
_WD_Startup: Params:    --verbose
_WD_Startup: Port:    9515
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session; $sData={"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"ms:edgeOptions": {"binary": "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe", "excludeSwitches": ["enable-automation"]}}}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":{"capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":false,"browserName":"msedge","browserVersion":"112.0...
_WD_CreateSession: {"value":{"capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":false,"browserName":"msedge","browserVersion":"112.0.1722.39","ms:edgeOptions":{"debuggerAddress":"localhost:50662"},"msedge":{"msedgedriverVersion":"112.0.1722.34 (649b7446f96f116d8dc7d1c2d92d06583649e244)","userDataDir":"C:\\Users"},"networkConnectionEnabled":false,"pageLoadStrategy":"normal","platformName":"windows","proxy":{},"setWindowRect":true,"strictFileInteractability":false,"timeouts":{"implicit":0,"pageLoad":300000,"script":30000},"unhandledPromptBehavior":"dismiss and notify","webauthn:extension:credBlob":true,"webauthn:extension:largeBlob":true,"webauthn:extension:minPinLength":true,"webauthn:extension:prf":true,"webauthn:virtualAuthenticators":true},"sessionId":"77ccf8a0acceb95e627bf1681c13c31f"}}
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/77ccf8a0acceb95e627bf1681c13c31f/url; $sData={"url":"sampleurl"}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=500; ResponseText={"value":{"error":"unknown error","message":"unknown error: net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH\...
__WD_Post ==> Webdriver Exception: {"value":{"error":"unknown error","message":"unknown error: net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH\n  (Session info: MicrosoftEdge=112.0.1722.39)"

Please also send me the updated webdriver link.

The Webdriver UDF is being actively developed / updated to provide better functionality and compatibility with the W3C specs. If you want my continuing support, then you must be running a recent release of the UDF. You are currently around 18 months behind and will need to upgrade to v0.13.0 before I will be willing to provide further assistance.

Also, you may want to go back and reread the P,S. from my prior post as it may contain the solution to your problem but you appear to have ignored it.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Hello Dan,

I updated the webdriver but it is now not opening webdriver nor edge brwoser. Attached is the script. Let me know if anywhere i am wrong.

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"
#include "wd_capabilities.au3"

$_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_None ; Could also use $_WD_DEBUG_Error
$_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_Info ; Gives you the greatest level of details
_WD_Option('console', @ScriptDir & "\wdudf.log")

Local $bHeadless,$sSession, $sElement,$sCapabilities

SetupEdge($bHeadless)
_WD_CapabilitiesStartup()
Sleep(10000)
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession()

_WD_Navigate($sSession,"URL")
_WD_Window($sSession,"maximize")

_WD_LoadWait($sSession)

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//button[@id='details-button']")

_WD_ElementAction($sSession,$sElement,'click')

;Sleep(10000)
_WD_DeleteSession($sSession)
_WD_Shutdown()

Func SetupEdge($bHeadless)
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'msedgedriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose')

;~  Local $sCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"ms:edgeOptions": {"excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"]}}}}'
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('alwaysMatch','C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe')
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('excludeSwitches', 'enable-automation')
    If $bHeadless Then _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('args', '--headless')
    _WD_CapabilitiesDump(@ScriptLineNumber) ; dump current Capabilities setting to console - only for testing in this demo
    Local $sCapabilities = _WD_CapabilitiesGet()
    Return $sCapabilities
EndFunc   ;==>SetupEdge

_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('alwaysMatch','msedge')

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

1 hour ago, MRAJ said:

How did you use capabilities here ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

There are three issues that I can see with your script --

• You need to save the Capabilities string that is being returned by the SetupEdge function
  • This value then gets passed to _WD_CreateSession, which is what @mLipok alluded to above
  • You need to call _WD_Startup, which is what actually launches the webdriver. This would need to occur after the call to SetupEdge and before you call _WD_CreateSession.

Edit: The above is in additional to the "alwaysMatch" issue previously mentioned. 😉

Edited by Danp2

Hello Dan,

Thanks it working now. I forgot to add _WD_Startup to start the webdriver.

Now the issue which i was facing earlier for Error SSL mismatch for the website using script. So script is running under the same account which the script configured and same existing profile. and with same user profile i am running other scripts too without any issue.

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

$_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_None ; Could also use $_WD_DEBUG_Error
$_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_Info ; Gives you the greatest level of details

Local $bHeadless,$sSession, $sElement

SetupEdge($bHeadless)
;_WD_CapabilitiesStartup()
;Sleep(10000)
_WD_Startup()

_WD_Navigate($sSession,"https://url:portnumber")
_WD_Window($sSession,"maximize")

_WD_LoadWait($sSession)
Sleep(10000)
$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//button[@id='details-button']")

_WD_ElementAction($sSession,$sElement,'click')

Sleep(10000)

_WD_Shutdown()

_WD_Option('Port', 9515)

;~  Local $sCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"ms:edgeOptions": {"excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"]}}}}'
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('alwaysMatch','msedge')
    _WD_CapabilitiesDump(@ScriptLineNumber) ; dump current Capabilities setting to console - only for testing in this demo
    Return $sCapabilities
EndFunc   ;==>SetupEdge

Attached is the script and wdudf logs:

_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=console   Value=E:\wdudf.log
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Driver   Value=msedgedriver.exe
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Port   Value=9515
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=DriverParams   Value=--verbose
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd ==> Success [0] : Successfully used [alwaysMatch]  with specified browser: msedge
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd ==> Success [0] : Successfully added capability
_WD_CapabilitiesDump: JSON structure starts below: -1
{
    "capabilities":{
        "alwaysMatch":{
            "ms:edgeOptions":{
                "excludeSwitches":[
                    "enable-automation"
                ]
            }
        }
    }
}
_WD_CapabilitiesDump: JSON structure ends above.
_WD_GetFreePort ==> Success [0] : 9515
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success [0] : True
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_2016 WIN32_NT 17763 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF:    0.13.0 (Up to date)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)
_WD_Startup: Driver:    msedgedriver.exe (32 Bit)
_WD_Startup: Params:    --verbose
_WD_Startup: Port:    9515
_WD_Startup: Command:    "msedgedriver.exe" --verbose 
_WD_Startup ==> Success [0]
__WD_Post ==> Success [0] : HTTP status = 200
_WD_CreateSession ==> Success [0] : 010ddbc5ad330d6ebf0cf3c449ffa51f
__WD_Post ==> Webdriver Exception [10] : HTTP status = 500
_WD_Navigate ==> Webdriver Exception [10] : Parameters:   URL=https://url:portnumber
_WD_Window ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Command=maximize   Option=Default
_WD_LoadWait ==> Success [0 / 4] : Parameters:    Delay=Default    Timeout=Default    Element=Default    DesiredState=complete    : ReadyState= complete (Fully loaded)
_WD_FindElement ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//button[@id='details-button']   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_ElementAction ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Command=click   Option=Default
__WD_Delete ==> Success [0] : HTTP status = 200
_WD_DeleteSession ==> Success [0] : WebDriver session deleted

and using script giving the error but manually running the browser it is opening.

image.png.c7ffce95863d6d65a4f516266e9e1153.png

image.png.ea226cd9b72f24b2f55fce450cfb18e6.png

Fixed a little:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

#include "wd_helper.au3"

Global $sSession

_Example()

Func _Example()
;~  $_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_None ; Could also use $_WD_DEBUG_Error
;~  $_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_Info ; Gives you optimized level of details
    $_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_Full ; Gives you the greatest level of details

_WD_UpdateDriver('msedge')
    Local $sCapabilities = SetupEdge(False)
    _WD_Startup()
    $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sCapabilities)
    MsgBox($MB_TOPMOST, "TEST #" & @ScriptLineNumber, "Wait after session creation")
    _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://url:portnumber")
    _WD_Window($sSession, "maximize")

_WD_LoadWait($sSession)
;~  Sleep(10000)
    Local $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//button[@id='details-button']")

_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'click')

;~  Sleep(10000)
    MsgBox($MB_TOPMOST, "TEST #" & @ScriptLineNumber, "Wait before closing WebDriver")
    _WD_Shutdown()
EndFunc   ;==>_Example

_WD_Option('Port', 9515)

_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('alwaysMatch', 'msedge')
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('args', 'user-data-dir', @LocalAppDataDir & '\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\WD_Testing_Profile')
    Return $sCapabilities
EndFunc   ;==>SetupEdge

focus on:

Local $sCapabilities = SetupEdge(False)
    _WD_Startup()
    $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sCapabilities)

and:

_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('args', 'user-data-dir', @LocalAppDataDir & '\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\WD_Testing_Profile')

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@MRAJ please take a look here:

and here:

https://github.com/mlipok/Au3WebDriver-testing

please check it with "msedge" and with "chrome"

Let me HERE know about the results.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler