Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lowray1975

Button Default Background Color

6 posts in this topic

Hello! Does anyone know how to reset the background color of a button control to the default

"Windows" shaded color?

Thank you!

Apologies for how sloppy this example is:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

AutoItSetOption("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 623, 442, 192, 124)

$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 94, 70, 93, 61)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)

$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 96, 72, 89, 57)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Button1_HighlightOn")

$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Reset", 50, 200, 89, 57)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Button1_HighlightOff")

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CLOSEClicked")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Func Button1_HighlightOn()

GUICtrlSetBkColor($Label1, 0xff0000)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor($Button1, 0x0000bb)

EndFunc

Func Button1_HighlightOff()

GUICtrlSetBkColor($Label1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor($Button1, 0XFEFEFE) ;This is the code I cannot figure out

EndFunc

Func CLOSEClicked()

Exit

EndFunc

Use the follow function and variable [_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU)] to get the default greyish colour.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Sorry for off-topic, i just found a good place to ask my question.

In the above code, when we click on "Test", its color changes to Blue with a Red outline border, but there is a White border between the Blue and Red color, i saw that in VS this White color is Transparent in fact, but here, in AutoIt it's white by default, i know how to change its color ( If i change GUISetBkColor this color will change as well ) but i'm in a situation with Multi-Color GuiBackground ( My Cancel button in this GUI : ).

I think i need a way to make this border transparent.

Sorry again for off-topic, i hope i find some simple solution,

Guinness: Thank you for your quick reply! While that goes get the one specific color, it appears that the default button in both XP and 7 has a gradient. This is what I'm trying to revert to. I apologize for not being more clear in my original post... It's been a long morning :)

Here's a zoomed in view of the default button's background for reference:

post-52139-0-67711700-1326139061_thumb.p

Yashied: thank you very much! I spent a bit of time looking for some sort of default variable, although in the background color area and not the style. Thanks again!