Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pchauvin

Fileexist on directory with no user access

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

i want to create a schedule task on windows 7 with schtasks command. All works fine but i would like to check if the file of scheduled task exist or not before create it.

But the directory c:\windows\system32\task is unaccessible by simple user.

Is there a way to do somethink like "runas fileexist"?

Thanks

There is a " available that lets you check if a task already exists: _TaskExists

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thank at all,

JohnOne and spudw2k: ok for "dir" or "schtasks /query" in auto-it but how to capture the result of this command in the au3 script? The runas command return the PID of the process, evenif the dir or schtasks /query command return a message like "task or directory doesn't exist".....

water: i don't know how to use this UDF to call the _TaskExists function in my au3 script

thanks

water: i don't know how to use this UDF to call the _TaskExists function in my au3 script

Download the UDF from the link I posted above and include it into your script.

Call function _TaskExists

If _TaskExists("Taskname") Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "Task exists")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "", "Task does not exist")
EndIf

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Water, there is a problem: simple user can't view the sheduled task and the function return none ("task does not exist") Is there a way to execute this function with admin right?

I haven't used any of the function of the Task Scheduler UDF myself. So I can't give you any insight information. Please check the download link I provided and see if you can find anything relevant on this thread.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

This works for me, just remember to use the same filename in the rename line.

#include <Constants.au3>

$out = ''

$pid = RunAs('user',@ComputerName,'pass',0,@ComSpec & ' /c rename C:\Windows\System32\file.ext file.ext',@ScriptDir,@SW_HIDE,$STDERR_MERGED)

While ProcessExists($pid)
$out &= StdoutRead($pid)
WEnd

If Not StringInStr($out,'cannot find the file') Then
MsgBox(0,'YAY!','File Exists')
Else
MsgBox(0,'BOOOO!','File Not Exists')
EndIf

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

Great! it work!

Thank you JohnOne, and water.

here is my script:

#include <Constants.au3>
$Password=""
Local $Pid = RunAs([User],[Domain],$Password,0,'schtasks /query /TN "Arrêt ordinateur"', @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
   $out =""
   While ProcessExists($pid)
   $out &= StdoutRead($pid)
   WEnd

if Not StringInStr ($out, "Arr^t ordinateur") then
   RunAs([User],[Domain],$Password,0,'schtasks /create /SC "WEEKLY" /D FRI /ST 23:59:00 /TN "Arrêt ordinateur" /TR [program's name to run] /RU "SYSTEM" /F')
Edited by pchauvin