Report Help File Issues Here

BrewManNH

Thanks Exit. Would you mind replacing the MsgBox values with constant variables and then I will update. Thanks.

As far as the helpfile is concerned there are no constants? There is no include listed for them either?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Search in Constants.au3. You guys are smart so should be able to figure it out.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

If you add this "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y" to the top of your script, you won't even need to search for the right file to include.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

If you add this "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y" to the top of your script, you won't even need to search for the right file to include.

Are you sure? If they don't know that 4096 is $MB_SYSTEMMODAL then the directive doesn't work.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=Y
MsgBox(4096, '', '')
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I missed know in that last post. Correct, I was pointing this out to BrewManNH.

UDF List:

I was talking about doing it the other way around, obviously. Putting the constant in and having the wrapper find the correct include.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Hi,

I always thought that the directive only recognised constants which were defined in the various include files by NAME, not by VALUE. :huh:

On my system this gets the #include file added:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL , '', '')

but this does not:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y
MsgBox(4096, '', '')

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I must be talking to myself.

There's some code Mat and I created to determine MsgBox constants from the value floating around the Forum somewhere.

UDF List:

My point is, if you are going to want us to put the correct value, either by constant or by number, then it should be listed in the helpfile. I have never used anything other then the numbers listed in the msgbox() helpfile - link and would never know there were constants had I not read this post?

These should be added to the table that is listed in the helpfile for MsgBox()

[/color]
[color=#5a5a5a]; Message Box Constants
; Indicates the buttons displayed in the message box
Global Const $MB_OK = 0 ; One push button: OK
Global Const $MB_OKCANCEL = 1 ; Two push buttons: OK and Cancel
Global Const $MB_ABORTRETRYIGNORE = 2 ; Three push buttons: Abort, Retry, and Ignore
Global Const $MB_YESNOCANCEL = 3 ; Three push buttons: Yes, No, and Cancel
Global Const $MB_YESNO = 4 ; Two push buttons: Yes and No
Global Const $MB_RETRYCANCEL = 5 ; Two push buttons: Retry and Cancel[/color]
[color=#5a5a5a]; Displays an icon in the message box
Global Const $MB_ICONHAND = 16 ; Stop-sign icon
Global Const $MB_ICONQUESTION = 32 ; Question-mark icon
Global Const $MB_ICONEXCLAMATION = 48 ; Exclamation-point icon
Global Const $MB_ICONASTERISK = 64 ; Icon consisting of an 'i' in a circle[/color]
[color=#5a5a5a]; Indicates the default button
Global Const $MB_DEFBUTTON1 = 0 ; The first button is the default button
Global Const $MB_DEFBUTTON2 = 256 ; The second button is the default button
Global Const $MB_DEFBUTTON3 = 512 ; The third button is the default button[/color]
[color=#5a5a5a]; Indicates the modality of the dialog box
Global Const $MB_APPLMODAL = 0 ; Application modal
Global Const $MB_SYSTEMMODAL = 4096 ; System modal
Global Const $MB_TASKMODAL = 8192 ; Task modal[/color]
[color=#5a5a5a]; Indicates miscellaneous message box attributes
Global Const $MB_TOPMOST = 262144 ; top-most attribute
Global Const $MB_RIGHTJUSTIFIED = 524288 ; right-justified title and text[/color]
[color=#5a5a5a]; Indicates the button selected in the message box
Global Const $IDTIMEOUT = -1 ; The message box timed out
Global Const $IDOK = 1 ; OK button was selected
Global Const $IDCANCEL = 2 ; Cancel button was selected
Global Const $IDABORT = 3 ; Abort button was selected
Global Const $IDRETRY = 4 ; Retry button was selected
Global Const $IDIGNORE = 5 ; Ignore button was selected
Global Const $IDYES = 6 ; Yes button was selected
Global Const $IDNO = 7 ; No button was selected
Global Const $IDTRYAGAIN = 10 ; Try Again button was selected
Global Const $IDCONTINUE = 11 ; Continue button was selected[/color]

[color=#5a5a5a]
Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Mat has been working hard on adding those to the help file, already done.

For future reference Exit should have put: BitOR($MB_IConstop, $MB_ICONWARNING, $MB_TOPMOST)

UDF List:

Thanks Mat & guinness for all your hard work!!!

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Just remember, in the discussion that brought this all up, two of those constants don't exist in the standard UDF Include files in the current version. You can't find $MB_IConstop or $MB_ICONWARNING unless you've downloaded the WINAPIEx files (they're in APIConstants.au3).

EDIT: Correction to the above, those constants don't exist, but $MB_IConstop is equivalent to $MB_ICONHAND which is already referenced, and $MB_ICONWARNING is equivalent to $MB_ICONEXCLAMATION.

Global Const $MB_IConstop = 0x00000010

Global Const $MB_IConerror = 0x00000010

Global Const $MB_ICONHAND = 0x00000010

Global Const $MB_ICONEXCLAMATION = 0x00000030

Global Const $MB_ICONWARNING = 0x00000030

Edited by BrewManNH

That's true and sometimes I forget because I'm using "custom" includes, well the beta version. My bad.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_GUICtrlRebar_GetBandBorders, _GUICtrlRebar_GetBandBordersEx

Description is too long. Part can be moved to the "Remarks"

Zero-based index of the band for which the borders will be retrieved

Many of the functions in the header already describes. Why repeat it in the parameters? This applies not only to this function. Such lines should be brought to the same style.

StringUpper

Related

StringIsLower, StringIsUpper, StringInStr, StringLeft, StringLen, StringLower, StringMid, StringRight, StringTrimLeft, StringTrimRight, StringCompare, StringIsAlNum, StringIsAlpha, StringIsASCII, StringIsSpace, StringIsXDigit, StringReplace, StringSplit

Why to list all functions in the section? Usually sufficient Set, Get. Most expected to do first in the list

Asc

AscW, Chr, ChrW, StringToASCIIArray

AscW

Asc, Chr, ChrW, StringToASCIIArray

Binary

String, BinaryToString, StringToBinary, Int, Number, IsBinary, BinaryLen, BinaryMid

BinaryLen

StringLen, Binary, BinaryMid

BinaryMid

StringMid, Binary, BinaryLen

BinaryToString

StringToBinary, Binary, String, IsBinary, StringToASCIIArray

Ceiling

Floor, Round, Int, Number

Chr

Asc, AscW, ChrW, String, StringFromASCIIArray

ChrW

Asc, AscW, Chr, String, StringFromASCIIArray

DirCopy

DirMove, FileCopy, FileMove

DirGetSize

FileGetSize

DirMove

FileMove, FileCopy, DirRemove

Eval

Assign, IsDeclared, Execute

Execute

Call, Assign, Eval

FileChangeDir

<a href="../macros.htm#@WorkingDir">@WorkingDir</a>

FileCopy

FileMove, FileDelete, DirCopy, DirCreate

FileGetAttrib

FileSetAttrib, FileGetTime, FileExists, FileGetSize, FileSetTime

FileGetEncoding

FileOpen, FileRead, FileReadLine, FileWrite, FileWriteLine, BinaryToString

FileGetSize

DirGetSize, FileGetAttrib, FileGetTime, DriveSpaceTotal, FileGetVersion

FileGetTime

FileSetTime, FileGetSize, FileGetAttrib, FileGetVersion

FileOpenDialog

FileSaveDialog, FileSelectFolder

FileSetAttrib

FileGetAttrib, FileSetTime

FileSetTime

FileGetTime, FileSetAttrib

Floor

Ceiling, Round, Int, Number

IsArray

VarGetType, UBound, <a href="../keywords/ReDim.htm">ReDim</a>

IsBinary

IsString, VarGetType, IsArray, IsFloat, IsInt, IsNumber, IsBool, IsHWnd, Binary, BinaryToString, StringToBinary

IsFloat

StringIsFloat, VarGetType, IsNumber, IsInt, IsArray, IsString, IsBool, IsBinary, IsPtr, IsHWnd

IsInt

IsNumber, IsArray, IsFloat, IsString, IsBool, IsHWnd, StringIsInt, IsBinary, IsPtr, VarGetType

IsNumber

IsInt, IsArray, IsFloat, IsString, IsBool, IsHWnd, IsBinary, IsPtr

IsString

IsBinary, IsArray, IsFloat, IsInt, IsNumber, IsBool, IsHWnd, IsPtr, String, VarGetType

Number

Int, String, Binary, Ceiling, Floor, HWnd, Ptr, Round

Random

SRandom, Round

SetError

SetExtended, <a href="../keywords/Func.htm">Func...Return...EndFunc</a>

SetExtended

SetError, <a href="../keywords/Func.htm">Func...Return...EndFunc</a>

String

Binary, BinaryToString, StringToBinary, Int, Number, IsString, Chr, ChrW, HWnd, Ptr

StringCompare

StringInStr, StringLen, StringLeft, StringRight, StringTrimLeft, StringTrimRight

StringInStr

StringRegExp, StringCompare, StringLeft, StringRight, StringTrimLeft, StringTrimRight, StringLen, StringMid, StringSplit

StringIsAlNum

StringIsAlpha, StringIsASCII, StringIsDigit, StringIsXDigit

StringIsAlpha

StringIsAlNum, StringIsASCII, StringIsLower, StringIsUpper, StringIsXDigit

StringIsASCII

StringIsAlNum, StringIsAlpha, StringIsDigit, StringIsSpace, StringIsLower, StringIsUpper, StringIsXDigit

StringIsDigit

StringIsXDigit, StringIsFloat, StringIsInt, StringIsAlNum, StringIsASCII

StringIsFloat

StringIsInt, IsFloat, StringIsDigit

StringIsLower

StringIsUpper, StringUpper, StringLower, StringIsAlNum, StringIsAlpha, StringIsASCII

StringIsSpace

StringStripWS, StringIsASCII, StringStripCR

StringIsUpper

StringIsLower, StringUpper, StringLower, StringIsAlpha, StringIsAlNum, StringIsASCII

StringIsXDigit

StringIsDigit, StringIsAlNum, StringIsAlpha, StringIsASCII

StringLeft

StringRight, StringTrimLeft, StringTrimRight, StringMid, StringLen, StringInStr

StringLen

BinaryLen, StringInStr, StringLeft, StringRight, StringTrimLeft, StringTrimRight, StringMid

StringLower

StringUpper, StringIsLower, StringIsUpper

StringMid

BinaryMid, StringInStr, StringLeft, StringRight, StringTrimLeft, StringTrimRight, StringLen

StringRegExp

StringRegExpReplace, StringInStr

StringRegExpReplace

StringRegExp, StringReplace

StringReplace

StringRegExpReplace, StringInStr, StringStripWS, StringAddCR, StringLeft, StringLen, StringMid, StringRight, StringTrimLeft, StringTrimRight

StringRight

StringLeft, StringTrimLeft, StringTrimRight, StringMid, StringLen, StringInStr

StringSplit

StringRegExp, StringToASCIIArray, StringMid, StringInStr

StringStripCR

StringAddCR, StringStripWS, StringIsSpace, StringReplace

StringStripWS

StringStripCR, StringIsSpace, StringReplace, StringRegExpReplace

StringToASCIIArray

StringFromASCIIArray, BinaryToString, StringSplit

StringToBinary

BinaryToString, Binary, String, IsBinary

StringTrimLeft

StringTrimRight, StringLeft, StringRight, StringLen, StringMid, StringInStr

StringTrimRight

StringTrimLeft, StringLeft, StringRight, StringLen, StringMid, StringInStr

StringUpper

StringLower, StringIsLower, StringIsUpper

TraySetToolTip

ToolTip, TrayTip

TrayTip

ToolTip, MsgBox, TrayIconHide (Option), TraySetToolTip

UBound

<a href="../keywords/Dim.htm">Dim</a>, <a href="../keywords/ReDim.htm">ReDim</a>, IsArray

WinGetText

ControlGetText, WinGetTitle, WinGetClassList

WinList

WinGetState, WinGetHandle

_WinAPI_OpenProcess

_WinAPI_CloseHandle, _WinAPI_ReadProcessMemory, _WinAPI_WriteProcessMemory

_WinAPI_ReadProcessMemory

_WinAPI_WriteProcessMemory, _WinAPI_OpenProcess

_WinAPI_WriteProcessMemory

_WinAPI_ReadProcessMemory, _WinAPI_OpenProcess

_GUICtrlRebar_SetBandLength

Set Application-defined value

_WinAPI_DrawFrameControl

Handle to the device context into which the icon or cursor is drawn

_GUICtrlRebar_HitTest

Determines which item is at a specified position

band

_WinAPI_SetEndOfFile

Failure: False, @extend is set to GetLastError() to get details

_WinAPI_Mouse_Event

$MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE - repeats twice

Edited by AZJIO

_ArrayUnique - The help file has many problems in this section

• First line states: Returns the Unique Elements of a 1-dimensional array.This is incorrect as it doesn't return the unique elements and it doesn't only return them from a 1D array. What it returns is a 1D array containing the elements of the dimension selected with all duplicate items removed. In other words, as mvg put it in the Trac ticket I submitted 2 years ago, it makes the array returned unique, not it gets the unique elements of the array. Plus, this function works quite well with a 2D array as well as a 1D array.
  • The return values listed in the file are all wrong as well, see point #1 as to what the return values are.
  • The Example script for it uses Dim and has the #include <Array.au3> line in it before every example which is bad coding style and a poor example for new users of the help file.
  • The comments in the example scripts are wrong as to what is returned, the examples don't return the unique values, they return the values with all duplicates removed, see point #1 above.

• Moderators

I have always found that StringFormat example only really shows the required format string when run - the double %% used in the printf strings really confused me when I first started using the function. :wacko:

I hope this proposal works both as a reference script and when run: :)

_StringFormat_Example()

Func _StringFormat_Example()

Local $iInt_Unsigned = 43951789
    Local $iInt_Negative = -43951789

ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Numeric Formats" & @CRLF)

ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%d",   "standard positive integer with no sign", 1)                ; 43951789
    ShowFormat($iInt_Negative, "%d",   "standard negative integer with sign", 1)                ; -43951789
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%i",   "standard integer", 1)                                    ; 43951789
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%09i", "9 digits with leading zero", 1)                            ; 043951789
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%e",   "scientific notation")                                    ; 4.395179e+007
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%u",   "unsigned integer with positive integer", 1)                ; 43951789
    ShowFormat($iInt_Negative, "%u",   "unsigned integer with negative integer", 1)                ; 4251015507
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%f",   "floating point")                                        ; 43951789.000000
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%.2f", "floating point with 2 digits after decimal point", 1)    ; 43951789.00
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%o",   "octal", 1)                                                ; 247523255
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%s",   "string", 1)                                                ; 43951789
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%x",   "hexadecimal (lower-case)", 1)                            ; 29ea6ad
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%X",   "hexadecimal (upper-case)", 1)                            ; 29EA6AD
    ShowFormat($iInt_Unsigned, "%+d",  "sign specifier on a positive integer", 1)                ; +43951789
    ShowFormat($iInt_Negative, "%+d",  "sign specifier on a negative integer", 1)                ; -43951789

Local $sString = "string"
    Local $sString_Long = "longstring"

ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "String Formats - [ ] used to show beginning/end of string" & @CRLF)

ShowFormat($sString,      "[%s]",      "standard string", 1)                                ; [string]
    ShowFormat($sString,      "[%10s]",    "10 chars right justified with added spaces")        ; [    string]
    ShowFormat($sString,      "[%-10s]",   "10 chars left justified with added spaces")            ; [string    ]
    ShowFormat($sString_Long, "[%10.8s]",  "right justified but precision 8 so truncated")        ; [  longer s]
    ShowFormat($sString_Long, "[%-10.8s]", "left justifed but precision 8 so truncated")        ; [longer s  ]
    ShowFormat($sString,      "[%010s]",   "10 chars with leading zero")                        ; [0000string]

ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Date Format - each % uses a new parameter" & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite('"%02i\%02i\%04i" 0n (1, 9, 2013) => ' & StringFormat("%02i\%02i\%04i", 1, 9, 2013) & @CRLF & @CRLF)

EndFunc

Func ShowFormat($vVar, $sFormat, $sExplan, $iTab = 0)
    ConsoleWrite('"' & $sFormat & '" on ' & $vVar & @TAB & ' => ' & StringFormat($sFormat, $vVar))
    If $iTab Then ConsoleWrite(@TAB)
    ConsoleWrite(@TAB & " ; " & $sExplan & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Numeric Formats
"%d" on 43951789     => 43951789         ; standard positive integer with no sign
"%d" on -43951789     => -43951789         ; standard negative integer with sign
"%i" on 43951789     => 43951789         ; standard integer
"%09i" on 43951789     => 043951789         ; 9 digits with leading zero
"%e" on 43951789     => 4.395179e+007     ; scientific notation
"%u" on 43951789     => 43951789         ; unsigned integer with positive integer
"%u" on -43951789     => 4251015507         ; unsigned integer with negative integer
"%f" on 43951789     => 43951789.000000     ; floating point
"%.2f" on 43951789     => 43951789.00         ; floating point with 2 digits after decimal point
"%o" on 43951789     => 247523255         ; octal
"%s" on 43951789     => 43951789         ; string
"%x" on 43951789     => 29ea6ad         ; hexadecimal (lower-case)
"%X" on 43951789     => 29EA6AD         ; hexadecimal (upper-case)
"%+d" on 43951789     => +43951789         ; sign specifier on a positive integer
"%+d" on -43951789     => -43951789         ; sign specifier on a negative integer

String Formats - [ ] used to show beginning/end of string
"[%s]" on string     => [string]         ; standard string
"[%10s]" on string     => [    string]     ; 10 chars right justified with added spaces
"[%-10s]" on string     => [string    ]     ; 10 chars left justified with added spaces
"[%10.8s]" on longstring     => [  longstri]     ; right justified but precision 8 so truncated
"[%-10.8s]" on longstring     => [longstri  ]     ; left justifed but precision 8 so truncated
"[%010s]" on string     => [0000string]     ; 10 chars with leading zero

Date Format - each % uses a new parameter
"%02i\%02i\%04i" 0n (1, 9, 2013) => 01\09\2013

The various tabs all line up in SciTE - I really hate this editor! :mad:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Nice example, might make it a bit easier to understand it. The current example script in the help file confused the hell out of me for a long time, and one of the examples has the wrong description as to what the parameters mean.