Sign in to follow this  
nooneclose

[SOLVED] How to connect to a different outlook inbox?

Hello everyone, I am wondering if and how it is possible to connect my AutoIt script to a different email in my outlook. I have two different accounts when I open outlook. The first which my script always connects to is my own email while the second is a group email account. How or can I make the script connect to the second one and access its inbox instead of mine? This is all work related so no funny business here. 

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()

; Store all the Unread emails into an array
Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test", $olMail, _
"[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "Maintenance Request from Eagle's Nest", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1)

; Display the array of unRead emails
If IsArray($aItems) Then
    ;_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails")

Else
    MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script", _
    "Could not find an unread mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
EndIf

; Get the number of unread emails
Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1
;MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails", $numberOfUnRead)
ConsoleWrite("Number of unread emails: " & $numberOfUnRead & @CRLF)

I might be missing some code in the post but my code works It's just so long I don't want to post all 2300+ lines. 

Thank you for the help I greatly appreciate this community. 

Edited by nooneclose

Well I am using 2 different accounts registered in the same OutLook instance, and I get to see both accounts emails inside the same Inbox folder...

Thank you for getting back with me, but how do I tell my script to access the emails in the box named "Outlook-UDF-Test" under the second (email/group account)?

Edited by nooneclose

Here the code I use to see both accounts (2 different emails). The column To is one easy way to know which account is involved.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include "OutlookEX 1.3.4.1\OutlookEX.au3"

Opt ("MustDeclareVars", 1)

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open(True,@ScriptDir & "\OutlookEX 1.3.4.1\_OL_Warnings.exe",10)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error)

Global $aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "", $olFolderInbox)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error accessing the default contacts folder. @error = " & @error)
$aFolder[1].Display

Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, $aFolder[1], $olMail, "", "", "", "EntryID,SenderEmailAddress,SenderName,Subject,To", "", 1)

Global $oItem = _OL_ItemGet($oOutlook, $aItems[1][0], Default, -1)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error accessing properties. @error = " & @error)
$oItem.Unread = True

If IsArray($aItems) Then
  _ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script")
Else
  MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF", "Could not find an unread mail. @error = " & @error)
EndIf

_OL_Close($oOutlook)

Win 7 - Outlook 2003.  You must tell Outlook to put both accounts in same folder.

Edited by Nine

Use _OL_Folderaccess to access a folder in another mailbox. The example script provided with the UDF explains how. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-10-10 - Version 1.5.2.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-12-15 - Version 1.6.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

I still do not understand. I looked into the Outlook UDF and tried @Nine code but I can not figure it out. :( Here is an edited / "made up" picture of the folder I am trying to create / access in outlook. 

1508474737_Screenshot(199).png.3d67867448dde15e5f7d14367fb3aa34.png

I am trying to create and access the "Outlook-UDF-Test" folder under the account "m" and put it in that account's inbox. I can create the "Outlook-UDF-Test" folder under the "a" account just fine. I do not get why putting it under "m" is not working. What am I not understanding?  

I found another solution that works. This may not be the best way but it works for me for now. Since I could not figure out how to make _OL_Open create the Outlook-UDF-Test folder under the account "M", because "M" is not the default, I changed my outlook account settings to make "M" the default E-mail and the default data files. My  2,400+ line email AI is able to work its magic again. Thank you very much for your time and effort @water and @Nine. If either of you have any more tips or code I could try I would love to make this process a 100% AutoIt script.   

I was able to use the code below to access the other email account (that I had permission and access to use. It was not a public account). Special thanks to @water for making this more clear to me. 

$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "WorkEmail@hotmail.com", $olFolderInbox) ; This format is language independant

I was also able to use this code (shown below) to double-check and see if it worked for what I was trying to do. (And it did :) 

Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "Work Request", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1)

; Display the array of unRead emails
_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails")

Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1
ConsoleWrite("Number of unread emails: " & $numberOfUnRead & @CRLF)

Edited by nooneclose

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this