LarsJ

Implementing IRunningObjectTable Interface

Posted (edited)

Hi @LarsJ, thanks for this udf, it looks very powerful ...I'm already playing it ...
I'm posting this just for a small problem on the examples

in the part that starts another script, namely:

; Start child
ShellExecuteWait( "2) Child.au3" )

it may not work as expected if AutoIt was installed with the "edit a script" option instead of "running a script" on a double click or shellexecute() on an .au3 file (as in my case)
in that case, you can use something like this instead using Run or RunWait as appropriate, i.e. depending on ShellExecute or ShellExecuteWait:

; Start child
RunWait(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript " & '"2) Child.au3"')

Thanks again

Edited by Chimp
changed Run with RunWait

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Great, this UDF is a great support for data transfer between processes 😍Thank you 😚

On 7/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, LarsJ said:

The first post (ROT objects section) and the third post (last section) have been updated. New 7z-file at bottom of first post.

Thank you for sharing a very helpful UDF.

Can I ask if we can create an event handle to catch the event when we put a value into the ROT Object? The example is similar to the PropertyChange event of DWebBrowserEvents2

Sorry my English is a bit bad

No, It's not possible to directly create such an event handler. However, you can signal events between server and clients using WM_USER messages. In the same way as it's done in the example about IPC Techniques. This assumes that a window exists in both server and clients.

Since the ROT object in the examples is a dictionary object, another option is to create one or more additional key/item pairs in the dictionary object to signal events. Then both server and clients must check (regularly in a kind of loop) whether an item value has changed which indicates a new event.