WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (IV)

11 minutes ago, iSan said:

I'm noob. I tryed to use _WD_Capabilities*() functions but do not work, but when i use $sCapabilities for SetupChrome that works 😅

This coding style/approach is becoming obsolete.... a little.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Hello,

I'm very beginner on the usage of Webdriver
On my office, i need to control my browser. I've maked a script with auto-click, it's work but can fail/have bug... Webdriver will help me a lot, because it's possible to control the browser.

I've tried the basic code to open a page, move to another URL and wait the end of loading, get the code source, and move to another page.
I was on Firefox 91 ESR and the basic script worked.

But now my company have make an update, and now we're on Firefox 102 ESR and now it's not working.
I must stay on my browser deployed by my company (so can't return on Firefox 91, or install chrome...)

The geckodriver send a "NS_BINDING_ABORTED".

I've not seeing in forums this bugs, so anyone got this and know how to resolve it ?

I've updated Webdriver UDF from old version and WinHTTP but it change nothing.

The geckodriver open Firefox, enter URL but at the millisecond on loading. Firefox is killed by gecko and send the error.

The geckodriver is the lastest version (v0.33). I've tried the 0.32.2 and 0.30 but nothing work.

The code in autoit used :

Local $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox"}}}'

_WD_Option('Driver', $g_sDriver)
   _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace')
   _WD_Option('Port', 4444)

_WD_Startup()
   If @error <> $_WD_ERROR_Success Then Exit -1

Local $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
   If @error <> $_WD_ERROR_Success Then Exit

Local $g_sUrl = 'http://intranet:8091/6'
   Local  $sURL = "http://intranet:8091/6/nodes"
   _WD_Navigate($sSession, $g_sUrl)
   _WD_LoadWait($sSession,5000,15000)
   $sourceCode = _WD_GetSource($sSession)

Sleep(2000)
   _WD_Navigate($sSession, $sURL)
   Sleep(2000)

_WD_Shutdown($g_sDriver)

The error in Autoit console :

_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Driver   Value=./dependances/geckodriver.exe
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=DriverParams   Value=--log trace
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Port   Value=4444
_WD_GetFreePort ==> Success [0 / 4444] : Parameters:   MinPort=4444   MaxPort=Default
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success [0] : True
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_10 X64 19045 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF: 1.0.3 (Up to date)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:   1.6.4.2
_WD_Startup: Driver:    ./dependances/geckodriver.exe (64 Bit)
_WD_Startup: Params:    --log trace
_WD_Startup: Port:  4444
_WD_Startup: Command:   "./dependances/geckodriver.exe" --log trace 
_WD_Startup ==> Success [0]
__WD_Post ==> Session not created [15] : HTTP status = 500
_WD_CreateSession ==> Session not created [15] : Error: NS_BINDING_ABORTED

The error in GeckoDriver Trace :

1686237907055   geckodriver     INFO    Listening on 127.0.0.1:4444
1686237908875   webdriver::server       DEBUG   -> POST /session {"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox"}}}
1686237908876   geckodriver::capabilities       DEBUG   Trying to read firefox version from ini files
1686237908882   geckodriver::capabilities       DEBUG   Found version 102.3
1686237908944   mozrunner::runner       INFO    Running command: "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe" "--marionette" "-no-remote" "-profile" "C:\\Users\\DINL~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6"
1686237908977   geckodriver::marionette DEBUG   Waiting 60s to connect to browser on 127.0.0.1
1686237908978   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237908978   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909081   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909081   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909188   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909188   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909297   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909299   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909404   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909404   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909512   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909513   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909620   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909620   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909725   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909728   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909833   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909833   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237909942   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237909942   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237910050   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237910050   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686237910159   geckodriver::browser    TRACE   Failed to open C:\Users\DINL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofileBN4Xi6\MarionetteActivePort
1686237910159   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
Read port: 64087
1686237910361   geckodriver::marionette DEBUG   Connection to Marionette established on 127.0.0.1:64087.
1686237913158   webdriver::server       DEBUG   Teardown session
1686237913172   mozrunner::runner       DEBUG   Killing process 12440
1686237913197   webdriver::server       DEBUG   <- 500 Internal Server Error {"value":{"error":"session not created","message":"Error: NS_BINDING_ABORTED","stacktrace":"#che ... ate@chrome://remote/content/shared/Navigate.jsm:209:28\nonStateChange@chrome://remote/content/shared/Navigate.jsm:254:28\n"}}

On Firefox 91 ESR, it work. But i need to use Firefox 102 ESR...
This is the trace of Geckodrive, when it work :

1686736611279   geckodriver     INFO    Listening on 127.0.0.1:4444
1686736615158   webdriver::server       DEBUG   -> POST /session {"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox"}}}
1686736615161   geckodriver::capabilities       DEBUG   Trying to read firefox version from ini files
1686736615166   geckodriver::capabilities       DEBUG   Found version 91.6.1
1686736615203   mozrunner::runner       INFO    Running command: "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe" "--marionette" "-no-remote" "-profile" "C:\\Users\\DINL~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\rust_mozprofilecJMgFM"
1686736615264   geckodriver::marionette DEBUG   Waiting 60s to connect to browser on 127.0.0.1
1686736617276   geckodriver::marionette TRACE   Retrying in 100ms
1686736619460   geckodriver::marionette DEBUG   Connection to Marionette established on 127.0.0.1:54462.
1686736619506   webdriver::server       DEBUG   <- 200 OK {"value":{"sessionId":"8cb1eca2-cfc6-46bc-9df4-895ae8bcc699","capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":false,"browserNa ... ctability":false,"timeouts":{"implicit":0,"pageLoad":300000,"script":30000},"unhandledPromptBehavior":"dismiss and notify"}}}
1686736621008   webdriver::server       DEBUG   -> POST /session/8cb1eca2-cfc6-46bc-9df4-895ae8bcc699/url {"url":"http://intranet:8091/6"}
1686736623102   webdriver::server       DEBUG   <- 200 OK {"value":null}
1686736628111   webdriver::server       DEBUG   -> POST /session/8cb1eca2-cfc6-46bc-9df4-895ae8bcc699/execute/sync {"script":"return document.readyState", "args":[]}
1686736628186   webdriver::server       DEBUG   <- 200 OK {"value":"complete"}
1686736628194   webdriver::server       DEBUG   -> GET /session/8cb1eca2-cfc6-46bc-9df4-895ae8bcc699/source
1686736628208   webdriver::server       DEBUG   <- 200 OK {"value":"<html dir=\"ltr\" prefix=\"content: http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/  dc: http://purl.org/dc/term ... n<script src=\"/drupal/sites/default/files/js/js_U9sVfixVuiGoO9dIxqtdx3JE83V-8ylJoLJbSHsTvZE.js\"></script>\n</body></html>"}

On stackoverflow, i've seen an awnser, for change the System.setProperty, but it's in java and Selenium...
System.setProperty("webdriver.gecko.driver","C:\\Selenium\\geckodriver.exe");

I will continue to search, but if anyone have an idea, it will be nice.

37 minutes ago, Falbak said:

But now my company have make an update, and now we're on Firefox 102 ESR and now it's not working.

37 minutes ago, Falbak said:

I've updated Webdriver UDF from old version and WinHTTP but it change nothing.

try to use: 

_WD_UpdateDriver('firefox')

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Hi Dan, All,

What seems like a simple F2 key capture to display the underlying html code is not quite working out.  Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it seems to be not getting the element under the mouse.

Any Ideas?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3> ; For _IsPressed
#include ".\Required\wd_core.au3"
#include ".\Required\wd_helper.au3"
#include ".\Required\wd_capabilities.au3"

Local $sURL = "https://www.google.com" ; Replace with the desired URL

Local $sCapabilities = SetupChrome(False)
_WD_Startup()
Local $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sCapabilities)
_WD_Navigate($sSession, $sURL)

Global $hGUI = GUICreate("Element Information", 400, 700)
Global $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Data:", 10, 10, 380, 280)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Global $lastElem = ""
Local $bF2KeyPressed = False
Local $mOuterHTML
While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch

If _IsPressed("71") Then ; Check if F2 key is pressed
        If Not $bF2KeyPressed Then ; If F2 wasn't already pressed
            $bF2KeyPressed = True

Local $aMousePos = MouseGetPos()
            Local $sElementInfo = _WD_GetElementFromPoint($sSession, $aMousePos[0], $aMousePos[1])
            If $lastElem <> $sElementInfo Then
                _WD_HighlightElements($sSession, $lastElem, 0)
                _WD_HighlightElements($sSession, $sElementInfo, 1)
                $mOuterHTML = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElementInfo, 'property', 'outerHTML')
                $mInnerText = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElementInfo, 'property', 'innerText')
                GUICtrlSetData($hLabel, "Mouse X:" & $aMousePos[0] & @CRLF & _
                                        "Mouse Y:" & $aMousePos[1] & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                                        "OutHTML:" & @CRLF & $mOuterHTML & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                                        "InnerHTML: " & @CRLF & $mInnerText)
                $lastElem = $sElementInfo
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Else
        $bF2KeyPressed = False
    EndIf

WEnd
_WD_DeleteSession($sSession)
_WD_Shutdown()
GUIDelete($hGUI)

Func SetupChrome($bHeadless)
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')

Local $sCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"]}}}}'
    _WD_CapabilitiesStartup()
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('alwaysMatch', 'chrome')
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('w3c', True)
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('excludeSwitches', 'enable-automation')
    If $bHeadless Then _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('args', '--headless')
    _WD_CapabilitiesDump(@ScriptLineNumber) ; dump current Capabilities setting to console - only for testing in this demo
    Local $sCapabilities = _WD_CapabilitiesGet()
    Return $sCapabilities
EndFunc   ;==>SetupChrome

@Falbak It's difficult to know how to guide you because you haven't posted a runnable script that reproduces the problem. You may want to try this modified capabilities string to see if it makes any difference ---

Local $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox", "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}'

Also, you should review this issue to see if it applies to your situation.

Good evening, everyone, 

I've been doing some research on _WD_Attach. 

Scenario: Writing a script that will go through multiple webpages to click various links to confirm that "404 Not Found" does not appear. The links when clicked on open in a new tab. The script is reading from an Excel spreadsheet and will also record the URL back to the spreadsheet. The URL being recorded is from the original session using "_WD_Action($sSession, 'url')". I don't necessarily know what the title of the new tab will be, but once I've attached to the new tab would I be able to use "_WD_Action($sSession, 'url') to get the new tab's URL or is there an easier method that I haven't figured out yet?

Thank you, 

Thomas

Edit
Found the solution: 

Also, yes, once successfully attached the correctly URL is taken. 

_WD_Attach($sSession, ".pdf", "URL")

This is what did it for me.. I need to figure out a way to have it check for .pdf or .htm if it doesn't find one or the other.. but that is for another time I want to try to figure it out first. Thank you. :)

Edited by ThomasBennett
Found the solution.. (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/208633-webdriver-udf-w3c-compliant-version-20230523/?do=findComment&comment=1406384)

Hay @Danp2, I have been following your thread for a long time, and most of my AutoIt scripts also use your WD UDF.

I am truly grateful for your hard work in always updating and maintaining this UDF.

However, there is something that requires me to switch to a Mac OS environment.

Do you have any suggestions for which script I should use that can execute several functions from this WD UDF on Mac OS?

Can it be done with Selenium, or is there something else?

Thank you in advance.

@cobaek selenium with python/java/golang can do the job. aldo due to simplicity of use i whud suggest python as sintax is more similar to autoit than java or golang, and as python have good specific overflow of examples/documentation for selenium or seleniumwire.

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

4 hours ago, Danp2 said:

@cobaek I haven't worked on a Mac in ages, so I can't offer you any advice on this topic.

ok dude, no problem, maybe. the solution is : i'll install windows in mac os to using autoit. many thanks for ur answer 👍

8 minutes ago, bogQ said:

@cobaek selenium with python/java/golang can do the job. aldo due to simplicity of use i whud suggest python as sintax is more similar to autoit than java or golang, and as python have good specific overflow of examples/documentation for selenium or seleniumwire.

well yeah dude, as yesterday I learn selenium, and it's great!! can do with any several lang too. many thanks for ur answer 👍

On 6/14/2023 at 5:34 PM, Danp2 said:

@Falbak It's difficult to know how to guide you because you haven't posted a runnable script that reproduces the problem. You may want to try this modified capabilities string to see if it makes any difference ---

Local $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox", "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}'

Also, you should review this issue to see if it applies to your situation.

Thanks for your awnser @mLipok and @Danp2.

For the function "_WD_UpdateDriver('firefox')"
It does not help me. I've already the lastest version and just got :
_WD_UpdateDriver ==> Success [0 / 0] : DriverCurrent = 0.33.0 : DriverLatest = 0.33.0

I've tried without good result :

Local $sDesiredCapabilities = Default
or

But today, i've resolved my problem. :thumbsup:

In Regedit and in a firefox.cfg, i have a homepage forced.
The homepage is our intranet, but when it's open at start (classic or marionette mode), the web page redirect on a security file to determine who is connecting in our company for allow or deny the access.

On Firefox 91 ESR = No problem
On Firefox 102 ESR, maybe some changes with this version = Problem

Without the homepage at start (in firefox.cfg in the Firefox Program Files + regedit : HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-xxxxx\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox\Homepage)
My script run normaly now.

I think (a supposition), Firefox call a website URL but don't understand why URL don't respond (cuz got redirected by the security file).
So he don't get a good HTTP POST code from the homepage, so he just close.

Edited by Falbak
Color code

Please try with some more advance Capability settings.

Check this:

https://github.com/mlipok/Au3WebDriver-testing

Let us know if/when you find more complex solution.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hello,

I have a question. I have to migrate some script using IE to Firefox, so i'm using webdriver with geckodriver.

Is there a way i can attach to a specific firefox windows ? (sorry for my english)

thx guys

Hello.
Welcome to AutoIt Forum.

1 hour ago, Fred93 said:

Is there a way i can attach to a specific firefox windows ? (sorry for my english)

In some sense Yes.

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/WebDriver#FAQ

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Today I hit new problem.

And found solution here:

How to prevent Firefox to auto-check “remember decision” in certificates choice?

_WD_CapabilitiesAdd("prefs", "security.remember_cert_checkbox_default_setting", False)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hi All,

I'm here for the same thing as most of us are I'm afraid...

I would like to improve my scripts by making them less IE (EOL) dependent, so I decided to start using the webdriver UDF, unfortunately it made it obviously clear that my skillset is not where I would like it to be😝

I followed the instructions here and added all .au3 files required to my library @ C:\Program files\Scite\include.

However when I run the demo, using the Edge driver the following happens:

1. command line opens (fine)
  2. Edge opens (great)
  3. An error message opens (Ohoh)
  4. As soon I confirm it everything crashes. (****)

The error message reads as follows (Translated through Dutch so bare with me please);

The datafolder could not be created

Microsoft Edge is unable to read or write to the appropriate folder: C:\Windsows\SystemTemp\Scoped_dir30248_637488779

Followed with a dialog box which states "Check log"

The log displays the following:

[1687367014.702][INFO]: Starting Microsoft Edge WebDriver 114.0.1823.55 (890405d89311b1418397278885aebb37420e329a) on port 9515
[1687367014.702][INFO]: Please see https://aka.ms/WebDriverSecurity for suggestions on keeping Microsoft Edge WebDriver safe.
[1687367016.164][INFO]: [e6dba3bb109098d6b44e572f6710e7f9] COMMAND InitSession {
   "capabilities": {
      "alwaysMatch": {
         "ms:edgeOptions": {
            "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation" ]
         }
      }
   }
}
[1687367016.166][INFO]: Populating Preferences file: {
   "alternate_error_pages": {
      "enabled": false
   },
   "autofill": {
   },
   "browser": {
      "check_default_browser": false
   },
   "distribution": {
      "import_bookmarks": false,
      "import_history": false,
      "import_search_engine": false,
      "make_chrome_default_for_user": false,
      "skip_first_run_ui": true
   },
   "dns_prefetching": {
   },
   "profile": {
      "content_settings": {
         "pattern_pairs": {
            "https://*,*": {
               "media-stream": {
                  "audio": "Default",
                  "video": "Default"
               }
            }
         }
      },
      "default_content_setting_values": {
         "geolocation": 1
      },
      "default_content_settings": {
         "geolocation": 1,
         "mouselock": 1,
         "notifications": 1,
         "popups": 1,
         "ppapi-broker": 1
      },
      "password_manager_enabled": false
   },
   "safebrowsing": {
   },
   "search": {
      "suggest_enabled": false
   },
   "translate": {
   }
}
[1687367016.167][INFO]: Populating Local State file: {
   "background_mode": {
   },
   "ssl": {
      "rev_checking": {
      }
   }
}
[1687367016.169][INFO]: Launching Microsoft Edge: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --allow-pre-commit-input --disable-background-networking --disable-backgrounding-occluded-windows --disable-client-side-phishing-detection --disable-default-apps --disable-hang-monitor --disable-popup-blocking --disable-prompt-on-repost --disable-sync --enable-logging --log-level=0 --no-first-run --no-service-autorun --password-store=basic --remote-debugging-port=0 --test-type=webdriver --use-mock-keychain --user-data-dir="C:\Windows\SystemTemp\scoped_dir30248_637488779" data:,
[1687367016.407][INFO]: [e6dba3bb109098d6b44e572f6710e7f9] RESPONSE InitSession ERROR unknown error: Microsoft Edge failed to start: exited normally.
  (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist)
  (The process started from msedge location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe is no longer running, so msedgedriver is assuming that msedge has crashed.)
[1687367016.407][DEBUG]: Log type 'driver' lost 0 entries on destruction
[1687367016.407][DEBUG]: Log type 'browser' lost 0 entries on destruction

Followed by the final output in Autoit itself:

_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=errormsgbox   Value=False
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=OutputDebug   Value=False
_WD_GetBrowserPath ==> Success [0 / 2] : Parameters:    Browser=MSEdge
_WD_GetBrowserVersion ==> Success [0 / 2] : Parameters:    Browser=MSEdge
_WD_GetWebDriverVersion ==> Success [0 / 0] : Parameters:    Dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\    EXE=msedgedriver.exe
__WD_GetLatestWebdriverInfo ==> Success [0 / 0]
_WD_UpdateDriver ==> Success [0 / 0] : DriverCurrent = 114.0.1823.55 : DriverLatest = 114.0.1823.55
> UpdateResult = False
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Driver   Value=msedgedriver.exe
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Port   Value=9515
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=DriverParams   Value=--verbose --log-path="C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\msedge.log"
_WD_CapabilitiesStartup: #148 : > {"capabilities":"{}"} > IsObj = 1
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd: #177 :      $key = alwaysMatch     $value1 = msedge     $value2 = 
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd: #205 :  $_WD_NOTATION__MATCHTYPE = [capabilities][alwaysMatch] $_WD_NOTATION__SPECIFICVENDOR = ["ms:edgeOptions"]
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd ==> Success [0] : Successfully used [alwaysMatch]  with specified browser: msedge
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd: #177 :      $key = excludeSwitches     $value1 = enable-automation     $value2 = 
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd: #239 #275 :      $key = excludeSwitches     $value1 = enable-automation     $value2 =     $s_Notation = [capabilities][alwaysMatch]["ms:edgeOptions"]["excludeSwitches"][0]   <<<<  enable-automation
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd ==> Success [0] : Successfully added capability
_WD_CapabilitiesDump: JSON structure starts below: 1256
{
    "capabilities":{
        "alwaysMatch":{
            "ms:edgeOptions":{
                "excludeSwitches":[
                    "enable-automation"
                ]
            }
        }
    }
}
_WD_CapabilitiesDump: JSON structure ends above.
> wd_demo.au3: _WD_Startup
_WD_GetFreePort ==> Success [0 / 9515] : Parameters:   MinPort=9515   MaxPort=Default
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success [0] : True
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_11 X64 22621 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.16.1
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF: 1.0.3 (Up to date)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:   1.6.4.2
_WD_Startup: Driver:    msedgedriver.exe (64 Bit)
_WD_Startup: Params:    --verbose --log-path="C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\msedge.log"
_WD_Startup: Port:  9515
_WD_Startup: Command:   "msedgedriver.exe" --verbose --log-path="C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\msedge.log" 
_WD_Startup ==> Success [0]
> wd_demo.au3: _WD_CreateSession
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session; Data={
    "capabilities":{
        "alwaysMatch":{
            "ms:edgeOptions":{
                "excludeSwitches":[
                    "enable-automation"
                ]
            }
        }
    }
}
__WD_Post ==> Webdriver Exception [10] : HTTP status = 500 ResponseText={"value":{"error":"unknown error","message":"unknown error: Microsoft Edge failed to start: exited normally.\n  (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist)\n  (The process started from msedge location C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft\\Edge\\Application\\msedge.exe is no longer running, so msedgedriver is assuming that msedge has crashed.)","stacktrace":"Backtrace:\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x00007FF6A1FCB5B2+64226]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::EventProperty::~EventProperty [0x00007FF6A1F5BB72+770978]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D1CC3C]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D4B838]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D465EA]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D86D2A]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D7EDC3]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D53BDC]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D52DC6]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D54354]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogManager::DispatchEventBroadcast [0x00007FF6A21A8E59+1319081]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1DCBEE8]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::EventProperty::~EventProperty [0x00007FF6A1EA7AE1+33553]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::EventProperty::~EventProperty [0x00007FF6A1E9FF1F+1871]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogManager::DispatchEventBroadcast [0x00007FF6A21A7A73+1313987]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogConfiguration::operator* [0x00007FF6A1F641A8+20232]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogConfiguration::operator* [0x00007FF6A1F607C4+5412]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogConfiguration::operator* [0x00007FF6A1F608BC+5660]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::EventProperty::~EventProperty [0x00007FF6A1F54571+740769]\n\tBaseThreadInitThunk [0x00007FFD767C26AD+29]\n\tRtlUserThreadStart [0x00007FFD7782A9F8+40]\n"}}
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception [10]
! Error = 10 occurred on: Demo
! _WD_LastHTTPResult = 500
! _WD_LastHTTPResponse = {"value":{"error":"unknown error","message":"unknown error: Microsoft Edge failed to start: exited normally.\n  (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist)\n  (The process started from msedge location C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft\\Edge\\Application\\msedge.exe is no longer running, so msedgedriver is assuming that msedge has crashed.)","stacktrace":"Backtrace:\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x00007FF6A1FCB5B2+64226]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::EventProperty::~EventProperty [0x00007FF6A1F5BB72+770978]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D1CC3C]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D4B838]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D465EA]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D86D2A]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D7EDC3]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D53BDC]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D52DC6]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1D54354]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogManager::DispatchEventBroadcast [0x00007FF6A21A8E59+1319081]\n\t(No symbol) [0x00007FF6A1DCBEE8]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::EventProperty::~EventProperty [0x00007FF6A1EA7AE1+33553]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::EventProperty::~EventProperty [0x00007FF6A1E9FF1F+1871]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogManager::DispatchEventBroadcast [0x00007FF6A21A7A73+1313987]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogConfiguration::operator* [0x00007FF6A1F641A8+20232]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogConfiguration::operator* [0x00007FF6A1F607C4+5412]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::ILogConfiguration::operator* [0x00007FF6A1F608BC+5660]\n\tMicrosoft::Applications::Events::EventProperty::~EventProperty [0x00007FF6A1F54571+740769]\n\tBaseThreadInitThunk [0x00007FFD767C26AD+29]\n\tRtlUserThreadStart [0x00007FFD7782A9F8+40]\n"}}
_WD_GetSession ==> Success [0]
! _WD_GetSession =

I tried updating the HTTP .au3 files however that did not work (at all)
I replaced the original JSON.au3 with the modified one in this post

However no joy to be found here...

I hope that there is someone out there who could be kind enough to assist me and get me on the right track.

If there is any missing information please let me know and I'll get it sorted as soon as possible.

Many thanks in advance!😁

30 minutes ago, Ecniv said:

Microsoft Edge is unable to read or write to the appropriate folder: C:\Windsows\SystemTemp\Scoped_dir30248_637488779

Check your environmental settings that control the location of temporary files (%temp% and %tmp%), and update them to reflect a location that doesn't require Admin privileges.

Edit: Suggest that you review this prior thread.

Edited by Danp2

1 hour ago, Ecniv said:

Microsoft Edge is unable to read or write to the appropriate folde

did you try this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-microsoft-edge-cant-read-and-write-to/a85985b4-7b26-408e-a219-2e812c2a4bf0

Signature beginning:

Spoiler