VirusTotal API 2.0 UDF

Danyfirex

Do you have a valid API key storme?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Do you have a valid API key storme?

Yep I've been singed up for quite a while.

Just couldn't work out the json stuff or I would have had a VT UDF out ages ago. :)

Also I wouldn't be able to get any results without a working key. :)

@storme what do you mean? I can't understand...

If you have a look at the code I've got consolewrites and colons : around the VT interactions.

ConsoleWrite("----------------------------------------------------------------------------------" & @cr)
    ConsoleWrite(":" & VT($hVirusTotal, $fScan, $sFileName,$sVirusTotalAPIkey) & ":" & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("@error = " & @error & @cr)
    ConsoleWrite("----------------------------------------------------------------------------------" & @cr)

According to the web site Link it should return something like this

:{"response_code": 1,

"verbose_msg": "Scan request successfully queued, come back later for the report",

"resource": "999f7d93aa3d4a1a94cccfb4ea96bc2e28fd48020a481aa2dc7e215f3ce27bc0",

"scan_id": "999f7d93aa3d4a1a94cccfb4ea96bc2e28fd48020a481aa2dc7e215f3ce27bc0-1324376258",

"permalink": "https://www.virustotal.com/file/999f7d93aa3d4a1a94cccfb4ea96bc2e28fd48020a481aa2dc7e215f3ce27bc0/analysis/1324376258/",

"sha256": "999f7d93aa3d4a1a94cccfb4ea96bc2e28fd48020a481aa2dc7e215f3ce27bc0",

"sha1": "2cc875bca8030d745adfd14388b8c001471c2474",

"md5": "4a00e1a3a14e4fec6f2b353b4f20bb73"}:

@error = 0

But we are getting nothing...and the @error is indicating everything is OK

::

@error = 0

The VT response should be between the ::

@storme now I understand, for that I recommend you use some http debugger to see if the request is completed. Because for me is working, I've tried with many files.

saludos

Also I wouldn't be able to get any results without a working key.  :)

I though your problem was you weren't getting any results?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I though your problem was you weren't getting any results?

If the file has been scanned/loaded onto VT and I request the results it works perfectly.

The problem is the initial listing/upload/scan of a file.

It's supposed to return a report indicating that the file has been received.

Currently on "some" files I get nothing back from VT.(I'll have to check that as I've done so many runs I'm not sure any more...)

Looks like I'll have to do some debugging and add some error checking to the UDF to see if I can determine if it's getting there and not returning or never leaving the computer....sigh

@storme now I understand, for that I recommend you use some http debugger to see if the request is completed. Because for me is working, I've tried with many files.

saludos

Could you post what you get back from a "new" submission? (i.e. VT($hVirusTotal, $fScan, $sFileName,$sVirusTotalAPIkey))

So I know what to expect back.

Could you post what you get back from a "new" submission? (i.e. VT($hVirusTotal, $fScan, $sFileName,$sVirusTotalAPIkey))

So I know what to expect back.

You should get this: 

:{"scan_id": "c38c7912767533053ef8f1c647b4fbf9f37f5ee305ead5b3049c4346b5c4419a-1371648640", "sha1": "01fc1499d986a1593f51a40d8f4294b5b69e83d9", "resource": "c38c7912767533053ef8f1c647b4fbf9f37f5ee305ead5b3049c4346b5c4419a", "response_code": 1, "sha256": "c38c7912767533053ef8f1c647b4fbf9f37f5ee305ead5b3049c4346b5c4419a", "permalink": "https://www.virustotal.com/file/c38c7912767533053ef8f1c647b4fbf9f37f5ee305ead5b3049c4346b5c4419a/analysis/1371648640/", "md5": "e0efdfe49b64cf7c2fc191c969d2d29d", "verbose_msg": "Scan request successfully queued, come back later for the report"}:

saludos

That's what I thought I should be getting.

OK now I know what's supposed to be returned I'll start pulling things apart and see what I can find that isn't working or working too well....

Thanks!

John

Hello,

yes a proxy with an user and password.

that is not VT's purpose. but You can use this 

saludos

• 8 months later...

@luger do you mean Runing your script under x64 or really sending a x64 file?

mmm Really the UDF was created over Windows 7 x86. I remember a day when a was playing with the Winhttp UDF, and get some error over x64. I think the problem is into Winhttp UDF. So as soon I'll be over Windows x64 at my work I'll try to see where the problem is...

Are you compiling Your Script as x64 or x86?

Saludos

Edited by Danyfirex

@luger try to upload another file. create a txt file with some random caracters and tell me if it works.

Saludos