Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mLipok

Debenu - QuickPDF - "The device context handle" question

6 posts in this topic

I would ask for an indication of what is "The device context handle" in AutoIt.

Below a handful of knowledge and examples, which, unfortunately, not quite speak to me (which is why I ask for help in clarifying their meaning).

http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/RenderPageToDC.php

This function renders a page from the selected document directly onto a graphics surface.

On Windows the target surface is a Device Context handle (DC).

and C++ example:

http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/faq/can-i-use-quick-pdf-as-a-viewer-in-my-c-application.php

HWND m_hwnd = HWND(GDK_WINDOW_HWND(this->m_drawingArea.get_window()>gobj() ));
HDC m_hdc = GetDC(m_hwnd);   
QP.RenderPageToDC(100, 1,(int)(HDC) m_hdc);

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

_WinAPI_GetDC

Thanks

ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

I have additional questions.
There is a small problem with the refresh of the window.

Just minimize the window and restore it to its previous size and as a result I do not see already rendered image.
Anyone knows the solution?
Please send me only indicate the direction of a solution to this problem.

Here is my code.

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include "QuickPDF.au3"

_QPDF_SetLicenseKey('ENTER YOUR KEY HERE')

; using own COM Error Handling
_QPDF_UseErrorHandler()

_QP_PDFFileInGUI(@ScriptDir & "\Example_HelloWorld.pdf", 70, 0, 612, 792)

Func _QP_PDFFileInGUI($sFileName, $iLeft, $iTop, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iSelectPage = 1)
    ; http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/faq/drawing-into-dc-scaling-problem.php

; Display GUI.
    Local $hwnd = GUICreate($sFileName, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iLeft, $iTop)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; get Device context handle
    Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hwnd)

; Object initialization
    Local $oQP
    If _QPDF_CreateObjectAndUnlock($oQP) = 1 Then
        ; get Device Context
        ; Load PDF File to QP Object
        $oQP.LoadFromFile($sFileName, '');
        ; select Page
        $oQP.SelectPage($iSelectPage);
        ; calculate DPI
        Local $iPageWidth = $oQP.PageWidth();
        Local $iInches = $iPageWidth / 72
        Local $iDisplayDPI = $iWidth / $iInches
        ; render QP object to Device Context
        $oQP.RenderPageToDC($iDisplayDPI, 12, $hDC);
    EndIf

; Loop until the user exits.
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

_WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hwnd, $hDC)
    $oQP = 0 ; CleanUp - destroy object
    GUIDelete($hwnd) ; Deletes a GUI window and all controls that it contains.

EndFunc   ;==>_QP_PDFFileInGUI

#include "QuickPDF.au3" can be downloaded from here.

Spoiler

Last attempt to call for help before suicide attempt.

kidding

but maybe someone knows the answer?

The question is not necessarily related to the Debenu.
More generally, the issues relates to refresh Window and the Device Context.

mLipok

Spoiler

I tried to cope with the described problem, but I have not found a solution.

Here are two examples of the window.
Left - screenshot made ​​after starting the script - the window that appears, DC correctly.
Rights - screenshot made ​​when you drag another window over the DC window.

DeviceContext_inGUI_RefreshIssue.png

Again, please help.

mLipok

Spoiler