Jfish

SMTP mailer - have copy in sent folder on server? Port refusal.

12 posts in this topic

This may be a dumb question but ...

I am currently using the ">Smtp Mailer That Supports Html And Attachments" by Jos (thank you Jos - cool script) to send emails from my script.  I am trying to ensure that a copy of the sent email gets saved to the server so you can see it in the sent folder.   I am using an account hosted by 1and1 for the email but am not on their Exchange server.  A copy does get saved to the sent folder when I do it from my phone.  The phone uses SSL (as does the script).  The only difference (and I assume it is important) is  the phone uses port 587 for SMTP.  This port is refused by the script which, as a result, uses 465 instead to send.   Is there any way to use that port 587 from the script?  Alternatively, is  there something else I should be doing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy holidays,

JFish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Are you marking ssl as true?

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

I have

$ssl=1

Which I thought meant to use it.  Should it literally say "true"?

Edit: "true" does not work either :-( 

"Error Code 2: Description: The transport failed to connect to the server" - is what I get when I use port 587

Edited by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Your phone APP makes the copy into the SendItems, like Outlook does in Windows.

The actual SMTP sending of the email via your gmail account only send the it.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos - thanks for the clarification on that.  Is there anywhere I can look to figure out how to make a copy into the SendItems so I can see it on in my webmail client OR does that require the use of a local client to send the message - meaning it is not possible from the script (which was suggested on another forum when I Googled "CDO.Message" and "SendItems")?

I am not aware but haven't researched it. You could always CC or BCC yourself so you have a copy in your inbox.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos -  Yes, I have been using the BCC.  It is an application for my wife for her business.  I should have said "don't delete those"  because of course she did so I was just looking for an easy way to save them.  I think I may create another mailbox and BCC that one also for a comprehensive set of emails as a work around.

@Jfish

Try this.

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

Thanks.

and

Welcome to the forum.

mLipok

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

@Jfish

Try this.

Just wondering: How would that help creating an entry of the send messages in your Send Items folder or did I miss something?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@mLipok -

I may be mistaken but that appears to keep a copy of the email as a file locally.  Is that right?  If so, while useful, it is not really what I was looking for.  I was trying to find a way to store it back to the email account on the SMTP server so that it could be accessed from anywhere (as in what happens when you use your phone to send email). 

JFish

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      Is there any way to launch an application once I receive an email.
      I have an executable created in autoit and I am running it regularly on daily basis using task scheduler on windows.
      And sometimes I am running it again manually if someone asks to.
      Is there anyway to configure an email so that when I send a mail to that particular email ID then it should launch that exe directly?
    • AlexFing17
      By AlexFing17
      i am trying to figure out how a server can connect to a client Over the internet. 
      In this is script. The client connects to the server on the same machine (localhost) and executes the commands from the client.
      How can I change that instead communicating over localhost to communicate over the internet with tcp ipaddress and a port.

What i actually need help of is
      1. The server will open a port and  listen to communication from a No-ip address
      2. I input the no-ip address and correct port in the client side, and when i click on connect, it connects to the server if its online

This is the client
      #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> THIS IS THE CLIENT #include <NamedPipes.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Description ...: This is the client side of the pipe demo ; Author ........: Paul Campbell (PaulIA) ; Notes .........: ; =============================================================================================================================== ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Global constants ; =============================================================================================================================== Global Const $BUFSIZE = 4096 Global Const $DEFCMD = "cmd.exe /c dir c:\" Global Const $PIPE_NAME = "\\$\\pipe\\AutoIt3" Global Const $ERROR_MORE_DATA = 234 ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Global variables ; =============================================================================================================================== Global $g_idEdit, $g_idMemo, $g_idSend, $g_idServer, $g_hPipe ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Main ; =============================================================================================================================== CreateGUI() MsgLoop() ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Creates a GUI for the client ; =============================================================================================================================== Func CreateGUI() Local $hGUI = GUICreate("FarC0nn3c7", 500, 400, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Server:", 2, 14, 52, 20, $SS_RIGHT) $g_idServer = GUICtrlCreateEdit("<local>", 56, 10, 200, 20, $SS_LEFT) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Command:", 2, 36, 52, 20, $SS_RIGHT) $g_idEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit($DEFCMD, 56, 32, 370, 20, $SS_LEFT) $g_idSend = GUICtrlCreateButton("Pawn Dem", 430, 32, 60, 20) $g_idMemo = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 0, 62, _WinAPI_GetClientWidth($hGUI), 332) GUICtrlSetFont($g_idMemo, 9, 400, 0, "Courier New") GUISetState() EndFunc ;==>CreateGUI ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Logs an error message to the display ; =============================================================================================================================== Func LogError($sMessage) $sMessage &= " (" & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & ")" GUICtrlSetData($g_idMemo, GUICtrlRead($g_idMemo) & $sMessage & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>LogError ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Logs a message to the display ; =============================================================================================================================== Func LogMsg($sMessage) GUICtrlSetData($g_idMemo, GUICtrlRead($g_idMemo) & $sMessage & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>LogMsg ; =============================================================================================================================== ; MsgLoop ; =============================================================================================================================== Func MsgLoop() While True Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $g_idSend SendCmd() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==>MsgLoop ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function opens a pipe to the server ; =============================================================================================================================== Func OpenPipe() Local $sName, $sPipe ; Get pipe handle $sName = GUICtrlRead($g_idServer) If $sName = "<local>" Then $sName = "." $sPipe = StringReplace($PIPE_NAME, "$", $sName) $g_hPipe = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sPipe, 2, 6) If $g_hPipe <> -1 Then Return True LogError("OpenPipe failed") Return False EndFunc ;==>OpenPipe ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function reads a message from the pipe ; =============================================================================================================================== Func ReadMsg() Local $bSuccess, $iRead, $pBuffer, $tBuffer $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[4096]") $pBuffer = DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer) GUICtrlSetData($g_idMemo, "") While 1 $bSuccess = _WinAPI_ReadFile($g_hPipe, $pBuffer, $BUFSIZE, $iRead, 0) If $iRead = 0 Then ExitLoop If Not $bSuccess Or (_WinAPI_GetLastError() = $ERROR_MORE_DATA) Then ExitLoop GUICtrlSetData($g_idMemo, StringLeft(DllStructGetData($tBuffer, "Text"), $iRead), 1) WEnd EndFunc ;==>ReadMsg ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function sends a command to the server ; =============================================================================================================================== Func SendCmd() If OpenPipe() Then SetReadMode() WriteMsg(GUICtrlRead($g_idEdit)) ReadMsg() _WinAPI_CloseHandle($g_hPipe) EndIf EndFunc ;==>SendCmd ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function sets the pipe read mode ; =============================================================================================================================== Func SetReadMode() If Not _NamedPipes_SetNamedPipeHandleState($g_hPipe, 1, 0, 0, 0) Then LogError("SetReadMode: _NamedPipes_SetNamedPipeHandleState failed") EndIf EndFunc ;==>SetReadMode ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function writes a message to the pipe ; =============================================================================================================================== Func WriteMsg($sMessage) Local $iWritten, $iBuffer, $pBuffer, $tBuffer $iBuffer = StringLen($sMessage) + 1 $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[" & $iBuffer & "]") $pBuffer = DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer) DllStructSetData($tBuffer, "Text", $sMessage) If Not _WinAPI_WriteFile($g_hPipe, $pBuffer, $iBuffer, $iWritten, 0) Then LogError("WriteMsg: _WinAPI_WriteFile failed") EndIf EndFunc ;==>WriteMsg  
      And this is the server
      #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <NamedPipes.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #NoTrayIcon ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Description ...: This is the server side of the pipe demo ; Author ........: Paul Campbell (PaulIA) ; Notes .........: ; =============================================================================================================================== ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Global constants ; =============================================================================================================================== Global Const $DEBUGGING = False Global Const $BUFSIZE = 4096 Global Const $PIPE_NAME = "\\.\\pipe\\AutoIt3" Global Const $TIMEOUT = 5000 Global Const $WAIT_TIMEOUT = 258 Global Const $ERROR_IO_PENDING = 997 Global Const $ERROR_PIPE_CONNECTED = 535 ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Global variables ; =============================================================================================================================== Global $g_hEvent, $g_idMemo, $g_pOverlap, $g_tOverlap, $g_hPipe, $g_hReadPipe, $g_iState, $g_iToWrite ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Main ; =============================================================================================================================== CreateGUI() InitPipe() MsgLoop() ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Creates a GUI for the server ; =============================================================================================================================== Func CreateGUI() Local $hGUI $hGUI = GUICreate("Pipe Server", 500, 400, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX) $g_idMemo = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 0, 0, _WinAPI_GetClientWidth($hGUI), _WinAPI_GetClientHeight($hGUI)) GUICtrlSetFont($g_idMemo, 9, 400, 0, "Courier New") GUISetState() EndFunc ;==>CreateGUI ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function creates an instance of a named pipe ; =============================================================================================================================== Func InitPipe() ; Create an event object for the instance $g_tOverlap = DllStructCreate($tagOVERLAPPED) $g_pOverlap = DllStructGetPtr($g_tOverlap) $g_hEvent = _WinAPI_CreateEvent() If $g_hEvent = 0 Then LogError("InitPipe ..........: API_CreateEvent failed") Return EndIf DllStructSetData($g_tOverlap, "hEvent", $g_hEvent) ; Create a named pipe $g_hPipe = _NamedPipes_CreateNamedPipe($PIPE_NAME, _ ; Pipe name 2, _ ; The pipe is bi-directional 2, _ ; Overlapped mode is enabled 0, _ ; No security ACL flags 1, _ ; Data is written to the pipe as a stream of messages 1, _ ; Data is read from the pipe as a stream of messages 0, _ ; Blocking mode is enabled 1, _ ; Maximum number of instances $BUFSIZE, _ ; Output buffer size $BUFSIZE, _ ; Input buffer size $TIMEOUT, _ ; Client time out 0) ; Default security attributes If $g_hPipe = -1 Then LogError("InitPipe ..........: _NamedPipes_CreateNamedPipe failed") Else ; Connect pipe instance to client ConnectClient() EndIf EndFunc ;==>InitPipe ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function loops waiting for a connection event or the GUI to close ; =============================================================================================================================== Func MsgLoop() Local $iEvent Do $iEvent = _WinAPI_WaitForSingleObject($g_hEvent, 0) If $iEvent < 0 Then LogError("MsgLoop ...........: _WinAPI_WaitForSingleObject failed") Exit EndIf If $iEvent = $WAIT_TIMEOUT Then ContinueLoop Debug("MsgLoop ...........: Instance signaled") Switch $g_iState Case 0 CheckConnect() Case 1 ReadRequest() Case 2 CheckPending() Case 3 RelayOutput() EndSwitch Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE EndFunc ;==>MsgLoop ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Checks to see if the pending client connection has finished ; =============================================================================================================================== Func CheckConnect() Local $iBytes ; Was the operation successful? If Not _WinAPI_GetOverlappedResult($g_hPipe, $g_pOverlap, $iBytes, False) Then LogError("CheckConnect ......: Connection failed") ReconnectClient() Else $g_iState = 1 EndIf EndFunc ;==>CheckConnect ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function reads a request message from the client ; =============================================================================================================================== Func ReadRequest() Local $pBuffer, $tBuffer, $iRead, $bSuccess $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[" & $BUFSIZE & "]") $pBuffer = DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer) $bSuccess = _WinAPI_ReadFile($g_hPipe, $pBuffer, $BUFSIZE, $iRead, $g_pOverlap) If $bSuccess And ($iRead <> 0) Then ; The read operation completed successfully Debug("ReadRequest .......: Read success") Else ; Wait for read Buffer to complete If Not _WinAPI_GetOverlappedResult($g_hPipe, $g_pOverlap, $iRead, True) Then LogError("ReadRequest .......: _WinAPI_GetOverlappedResult failed") ReconnectClient() Return Else ; Read the command from the pipe $bSuccess = _WinAPI_ReadFile($g_hPipe, $pBuffer, $BUFSIZE, $iRead, $g_pOverlap) If Not $bSuccess Or ($iRead = 0) Then LogError("ReadRequest .......: _WinAPI_ReadFile failed") ReconnectClient() Return EndIf EndIf EndIf ; Execute the console command If Not ExecuteCmd(DllStructGetData($tBuffer, "Text")) Then ReconnectClient() Return EndIf ; Relay console output back to the client $g_iState = 3 EndFunc ;==>ReadRequest ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function relays the console output back to the client ; =============================================================================================================================== Func CheckPending() Local $bSuccess, $iWritten $bSuccess = _WinAPI_GetOverlappedResult($g_hPipe, $g_pOverlap, $iWritten, False) If Not $bSuccess Or ($iWritten <> $g_iToWrite) Then Debug("CheckPending ......: Write reconnecting") ReconnectClient() Else Debug("CheckPending ......: Write complete") $g_iState = 3 EndIf EndFunc ;==>CheckPending ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function relays the console output back to the client ; =============================================================================================================================== Func RelayOutput() Local $pBuffer, $tBuffer, $sLine, $iRead, $bSuccess, $iWritten $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[" & $BUFSIZE & "]") $pBuffer = DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer) ; Read data from console pipe _WinAPI_ReadFile($g_hReadPipe, $pBuffer, $BUFSIZE, $iRead) If $iRead = 0 Then LogMsg("RelayOutput .......: Write done") _WinAPI_CloseHandle($g_hReadPipe) _WinAPI_FlushFileBuffers($g_hPipe) ReconnectClient() Return EndIf ; Get the data and strip out the extra carriage returns $sLine = StringLeft(DllStructGetData($tBuffer, "Text"), $iRead) $sLine = StringReplace($sLine, @CR & @CR, @CR) $g_iToWrite = StringLen($sLine) DllStructSetData($tBuffer, "Text", $sLine) ; Relay the data back to the client $bSuccess = _WinAPI_WriteFile($g_hPipe, $pBuffer, $g_iToWrite, $iWritten, $g_pOverlap) If $bSuccess And ($iWritten = $g_iToWrite) Then Debug("RelayOutput .......: Write success") Else If Not $bSuccess And (_WinAPI_GetLastError() = $ERROR_IO_PENDING) Then Debug("RelayOutput .......: Write pending") $g_iState = 2 Else ; An error occurred, disconnect from the client LogError("RelayOutput .......: Write failed") ReconnectClient() EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>RelayOutput ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function is called to start an overlapped connection operation ; =============================================================================================================================== Func ConnectClient() $g_iState = 0 ; Start an overlapped connection If _NamedPipes_ConnectNamedPipe($g_hPipe, $g_pOverlap) Then LogError("ConnectClient .....: ConnectNamedPipe 1 failed") Else Switch @error ; The overlapped connection is in progress Case $ERROR_IO_PENDING Debug("ConnectClient .....: Pending") ; Client is already connected, so signal an event Case $ERROR_PIPE_CONNECTED LogMsg("ConnectClient .....: Connected") $g_iState = 1 If Not _WinAPI_SetEvent(DllStructGetData($g_tOverlap, "hEvent")) Then LogError("ConnectClient .....: SetEvent failed") EndIf ; Error occurred during the connection event Case Else LogError("ConnectClient .....: ConnectNamedPipe 2 failed") EndSwitch EndIf EndFunc ;==>ConnectClient ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Dumps debug information to the screen ; =============================================================================================================================== Func Debug($sMessage) If $DEBUGGING Then LogMsg($sMessage) EndFunc ;==>Debug ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Executes a command and returns the results ; =============================================================================================================================== Func ExecuteCmd($sCmd) Local $tProcess, $tSecurity, $tStartup, $hWritePipe ; Set up security attributes $tSecurity = DllStructCreate($tagSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES) DllStructSetData($tSecurity, "Length", DllStructGetSize($tSecurity)) DllStructSetData($tSecurity, "InheritHandle", True) ; Create a pipe for the child process's STDOUT If Not _NamedPipes_CreatePipe($g_hReadPipe, $hWritePipe, $tSecurity) Then LogError("ExecuteCmd ........: _NamedPipes_CreatePipe failed") Return False EndIf ; Create child process $tProcess = DllStructCreate($tagPROCESS_INFORMATION) $tStartup = DllStructCreate($tagSTARTUPINFO) DllStructSetData($tStartup, "Size", DllStructGetSize($tStartup)) DllStructSetData($tStartup, "Flags", BitOR($STARTF_USESTDHANDLES, $STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW)) DllStructSetData($tStartup, "StdOutput", $hWritePipe) DllStructSetData($tStartup, "StdError", $hWritePipe) If Not _WinAPI_CreateProcess("", $sCmd, 0, 0, True, 0, 0, "", DllStructGetPtr($tStartup), DllStructGetPtr($tProcess)) Then LogError("ExecuteCmd ........: _WinAPI_CreateProcess failed") _WinAPI_CloseHandle($g_hReadPipe) _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hWritePipe) Return False EndIf _WinAPI_CloseHandle(DllStructGetData($tProcess, "hProcess")) _WinAPI_CloseHandle(DllStructGetData($tProcess, "hThread")) ; Close the write end of the pipe so that we can read from the read end _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hWritePipe) LogMsg("ExecuteCommand ....: " & $sCmd) Return True EndFunc ;==>ExecuteCmd ; =============================================================================================================================== ; Logs an error message to the display ; =============================================================================================================================== Func LogError($sMessage) $sMessage &= " (" & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & ")" ConsoleWrite($sMessage & @LF) EndFunc ;==>LogError ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function is called when an error occurs or when the client closes its handle to the pipe ; =============================================================================================================================== Func ReconnectClient() ; Disconnect the pipe instance If Not _NamedPipes_DisconnectNamedPipe($g_hPipe) Then LogError("ReconnectClient ...: DisonnectNamedPipe failed") Return EndIf ; Connect to a new client ConnectClient() EndFunc ;==>ReconnectClient  
    • Jefrey
      By Jefrey
      I've ported these two functions from PHP to AU3 to work with URLs.
      Made them for those who work with libraries like HTTP.au3 (not the one I coded), that needs passing the server domain, path, etc., instead of the full URL.
      Grab the lib here.
      ParseURL( $sURL )
      Parses the URL and splits it into defined parts. Returns an array:
      [0] = Full URL (same as $sURL) [1] = Protocol (i.e.: http, https, ftp, ws...) [2] = Domain [3] = Port (or null if not specified) [4] = Path (or null if not specified) [5] = Query string (everything after the ? - or null if not specified) Example:
      $aExample = ParseURL("https://google.com:8080/?name=doe") MsgBox(0, "Test", "URL: " & $aExample[0] & @CRLF & _ "Protocol: " & $aExample[1] & @CRLF & _ "Domain: " & $aExample[2] & @CRLF & _ "Port: " & $aExample[3] & @CRLF & _ "Path: " & $aExample[4] & @CRLF & _ "Query string: " & $aExample[5])  
      ParseStr( $sStr )
      Parses a query string (similar to the [5] of the previous function) and returns a multidimensional array, where:
      [0][0] = number of variables found [0][1] = ununsed [1][0] = key name of the first variable [1][1] = first variable value (already URL decoded) [n][0] = key name of the nth variable [n][1] = nth variable value (already URL decoded) Example:
      include <Array.au3> ; need only to do _ArrayDisplay, not needed by the lib _ArrayDisplay(ParseStr("foo=bar&test=lol%20123")) #cs Result is: [0][0] = 2 [0][1] = ununsed [1][0] = foo [1][1] = bar [2][0] = test [2][1] = lol 123 #ce Feel free to fork!
    • Rapidnxit
      By Rapidnxit
      Hi! I want to send by mail some files with a certain extension (.xml in my case). These files are located in the script folder. First, I thought to use _FileListToArrayRec function to have a list of these files. But than I don't know how to send them all at once. I know that I can attach multiple files in this way: path1;path2;path3; etc.  and so I have tried to make a string of this type with the path of the files (with a for loop) but It doesn't attach any file (only instructions.txt). How could I do? ( what I did is just an idea, if there's something better that would be great) Thanks!
      $aArrayXml = _FileListToArrayRec(@ScriptDir, "*.xml", $FLTAR_FILES) _ArrayDisplay($aArrayXml, "LIST XML") $LenghtArrayXml = UBound($aArrayXml) If ($LenghtArrayXml > 2) Then For $i = 2 To $LenghtArrayXml - 1 $temp = "&@ScriptDir&""\"&$aArrayXml[$i]&";"&"""" $XmlListFile = $XmlListFile & $temp Next EndIf $XmlListFile = StringTrimLeft($XmlListFile, 1) if($LenghtArrayXml = 2)Then $rc =_INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ScriptDir&"\"&$aArrayXml[1]&";"&@ScriptDir&"\instructions.txt", $s_CcAddress, $s_BccAddress, $s_Username, $s_Password, $IPPort, $ssl) Else $rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ScriptDir&"\"&$aArrayXml[1]&$XmlListFile&@ScriptDir&"\instructions.txt", $s_CcAddress, $s_BccAddress, $s_Username, $s_Password, $IPPort, $ssl) EndIf  
    • Revelation343
      By Revelation343
      Purpose of script: To send emails in Outlook based on data in an excel spreadsheet. From: fields are entered for purposes of sending on behalf of (delegate), copies A2 cell from excel for To: field, Subject field is a static value and entered, returns to excel spreadsheet to read A1 and copy the first name and insert into the body of a template at an insertion point. The From, and the body of the email change based on region, so currently I have 6 different scripts that do essentially the same thing with some minor changes and want to consolidate into one script to save time.
      Question:
      To expedite the process of this and cut down on the amount of scripts, 6 in total I use daily, is it possible for me to somehow add the region to column C in excel, have autoit read column C values per row, and then decide which function, within a master script, to execute and loop this until there is no value in column C field?
      Example spreadsheet:
      Rob | rob@annuity.com |Midwest
      Annie | annie@agency.com | Midwest
      Kyle | kyle@agency.com | MidAtlantic
      Rick | rick@megasales.com | MidAtlantic
      Blank | Blank | Blank |
      Example execution:
      Run Birthday.au3, execute loop part through hotkey
      Reads row 1, C1, value is Midwest, calls Midwest(), script runs as Midwest Birthday.au3 does currently
      Reads row 2, C2, value is Midwest, calls Midwest(), script runs as Midwest Birthday.au3 does currently
      Reads row 3, C3, value is MidAtlantic, calls MidAtlantic(), script runs as MidAtlantic Birthday.au3 currently
      Reads row 4, C4, value is MidAtlantic, calls MidAtlantic(), script runs as MidAtlantic Birthday.au3 currently
      Reads row 5, C5, value is null or blank, ends script through Exit

Everything I have coded in my time in AutoIt has been based mostly on mouse based movements and I don't have variable programming knowledge so I feel like I'm close to understanding how to do this, but the reading/storing variables part is beyond my current skill set. Help is appreciated.
      Mail Merges don't work as delegated in Outlook 07, for those that might be questioning why I just don't do that.

MidAtlantic Birthday.au3
      Midwest Birthday.au3