TheDcoder

How to run a function every 3 minutes?

10 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Sorry, this is my fourth thread for support today.... Please can you can explain me how to run a function every 3 minutes in the code snippet below?

$GUI = GUICreate("GUI",350,350,-1,-1,-1,-1)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $GUI)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Thanks in Advance :)

Edited by TheDcoder

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Title & Post Updated :)

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

?

AdlibRegister("YourFunctionName",  1800000)

Edited by Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Posting here to keep track on this Thx

@caramen

You do not have to post in a thread to get informed about new posts.

Simply click on the "Follow this topic" button in the upper right corner.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

sorry i was querying that it is definatly for functions y = yes?

It was an addon question to this

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I wonder if it could be used for a running update as well

I used this

Local $update = _Update() ; Update the gui with info
AdlibRegister($update,  1800000)

So the gui ran the first time then adlib would repeat every x mins

Func _Update()
    $devicemgr = _DeviceProblems()
    If $devicemgr = True Then
        GUICtrlCreateIcon($tick, -1, 183, 57, 25, 25)
    Else
        GUICtrlCreateIcon($cross, -1, 183, 57, 25, 25)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Update
Edited by Chimaera

Try this:

Func _Update()
    Else
    EndIf

AdlibRegister($update2, 1800000)
EndFunc   ;==>_Update

Func _Update2()
    Else
    EndIf

AdlibRegister($update, 1800000)
EndFunc   ;==>_Update

So you won't have any problems with recursion levels

Greets from Barcelona

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi, I created a gui with date field but formatted as time in HH:mm. It always shows "now-time". Even if I try to set it with GUICtrlSetData.
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() GUICreate("My GUI get date", 200, 200, 800, 200) Local $idDate = GUICtrlCreateDate("", 20, 20, 100, 20, $DTS_TIMEFORMAT) ; to select a specific default format Local $sStyle = "HH:mm" ; Just display hours and minutes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GUICtrlSendMsg($idDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, $sStyle) ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUICtrlSetData($idDate, "00:00") ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Time", GUICtrlRead($idDate)) EndFunc ;==>Example How can I set the time field with another time and how can this field be set blank?
      Regards, Conrad
    • Vijaya7890
      By Vijaya7890
      Hi...
      I am trying to add a record in Binary Table in an MSI file.
      As Binary table has two fields/columns Name &Data , I am giving any string for Name(column 1) and streaming binary data from a VBS file into Data(column 2) .
      I have tried with VB script and it is working fine,
      Here is the VB Script file
      Dim Installer Dim Database Dim View Dim Record Dim query query="INSERT INTO `Binary` (`Name`, `Data`) VALUES ('NewBlob', ?)" Set Installer = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer") Set Record = Installer.CreateRecord(1) Record.SetStream 1, "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\coder\CA_Test.vbs" Set Database = Installer.OpenDatabase("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7z920.msi", 1) Set View = Database.OpenView(query) View.Execute Record Database.Commit when i tried the same thing in autoit it is not working and it is not giving any syntax error.
      AutoIt file: 
      #include <File.au3> $idVarInput_CAName="CA_Test" $filepath="C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\coder\CA_Test.vbs" $idVarInput_MSIPath="C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7z920.msi" $value="?" Local $Query = "INSERT INTO Binary(Name,Data) VALUES('" & $idVarInput_CAName & "','" & $value & "')" $oInstaller = ObjCreate("WindowsInstaller.Installer") $oRec=$oInstaller.CreateRecord(1) $r=$oRec.SetStream(1,$filepath) $oDB = $oInstaller.OpenDataBase($idVarInput_MSIPath,1) $oView = $oDB.OpenView($Query) $oView.Execute($oRec) $oDB.commit() Please Help!
      Thanks...
    • Nnet
      By Nnet
      Hello, Im using GUICtrlCreateListView to make table with items. But when it is new item with same first column a want just update allready existing row. Its posible?

I cant figure it, if its better use other funkcion pls. tell me.
      Thank
    • wakillon
      By wakillon
      AutoIt&SciTEUpdater v1.0.2.1.au3

External files are included in script.
      If UAC Enable, Run as Admin the first time.
      Previous downloads : 611

Source : AutoItAndSciTEUpdater v1.0.2.1.au3

Executable : AutoIt&SciTEUpdater.exe

For never miss AutoIt (Release/Beta) and SciTE4AutoIt3 updates.
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      I'm using this startup example to allow the program menu to insert an option to "AutoStart" the script. What I'd like to do is update the checkbox of the menu item after they click it to then reflect the "AutoStart" state (on or off).
      How do I update the menu on the event someone clicks the menu option? The registry is updating correctly, and if I close and re-run the script the menu is updated, but not in the same script execution. I wasn't sure with TrayItemSetState for my "Func AutoStart()" Function what the "controlID" was. I tried 0 through to 3 and "AutoStart" text. Perhaps this is where I'm going wrong?
      ; Add custom tray icon menu #NoTrayIcon #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <TrayConstants.au3> Opt("TrayMenuMode", 3) Opt("TrayOnEventMode", 1) #include '_Startup.au3' TrayCreateItem("AutoStart") TrayItemSetOnEvent(-1, "AutoStart") If _StartupRegistry_Exists() Then TrayItemSetState(-1, $TRAY_CHECKED) Else TrayItemSetState(-1, $TRAY_UNCHECKED) EndIf TrayCreateItem("About") TrayItemSetOnEvent(-1, "About") TrayCreateItem("") TrayCreateItem("Exit") TrayItemSetOnEvent(-1, "ExitScript") TraySetOnEvent($TRAY_EVENT_PRIMARYDOUBLE, "About") TraySetState($TRAY_ICONSTATE_SHOW) ; ################## ; ### OTHER CODE ### ; ################## Func About() MsgBox(0,"About","etc") EndFunc Func AutoStart() If _StartupRegistry_Exists() Then _StartupRegistry_Uninstall() TrayItemSetState("AutoStart", $TRAY_UNCHECKED) Else _StartupRegistry_Install() TrayItemSetState("AutoStart", $TRAY_CHECKED) EndIf EndFunc Func ExitScript() Exit EndFunc Thanks!