TheDcoder

Help with calling a DLL

TheDcoder

Hello! :D

I am trying to call my first DLL function but it won't work :(, I am trying to call GetFinalPathNameByHandle

$sFile = @DesktopDir & '\Test.txt'
$hFile = FileOpen($sFile)
$sFilePath = ""

DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "STR", "GetFinalPathNameByHandle", "HANDLE", $hFile, "sz*", $sFilePath)

MsgBox(0, 0, @error)

Thanks in Advance, TD :)

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to do that to anybody!!!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

minxomat

That function is already defined in the std includes:

_WinAPI_GetFinalPathNameByHandle()

Edited by minxomat

I will answer every single PM, and you are free to ask anything anytime.

TheDcoder

:o

Thanks, will look into the source :)

Spoiler

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to do that to anybody!!!

3fHNZJ.gif

guinness

:o

Thanks, will look into the source :)

Or just use the function as is. No need to re-create the wheel.

• Like 1

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Danyfirex

it really is defined as _WinAPI_GetFinalPathNameByHandleEx

Saludos

kcvinu

This will help you.

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

TheDcoder

@kcvinu If you remember, I did read the book and wrote a review, it was the last post in the thread until you posted :P

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Terenz
      By Terenz
      Hello,
      Someone is so kind to compile for me this DLL?
      https://github.com/stephane/libmodbus/tree/master/src/win32
      Many thanks!
    • cdeb
      By cdeb
      I'm trying to verify which is the default scanner and if it is different from what I need to propose a choice among those available.
      All this is possible with eztw32.dll however I can not make certain functions work
      Are these:
      int TWAIN_GetDefaultSourceName(LPSTR pzName)
      string TWAIN_DefaultSourceName()
      int TWAIN_GetSourceList(void)
      source: http://www.eztwain.com/pub/eztp/EZTwain_User_Guide.pdf
      I tried this way but they do not work:
      Local $pzName
      $pzName = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_DefaultSourceName") ;
      $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_GetDefaultSourceName", "str*", $pzName) ;
      $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_GetDefaultSourceName","str", $pzName) ;
      $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_GetSourceList")
      $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_GetSourceList", "NONE", "") ;

Can anyone help me?
      Everything else works, here is the code:

Local $pathDLL = @ScriptDir&"\_res\eztw32.dll" Local $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,'int','TWAIN_EasyVersion') if @error <> 0 then MsgBox(16+262144, "DllCall Error", "Error load eztw32.dll") else ConsoleWrite('--> eztw32.dll version: ' & $rc[0]/100 & @CRLF) $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_IsAvailable") If @error > 0 Then MsgBox(16+262144, "DllCall Error", "Error call DLL - TWAIN_IsAvailable") if $rc[0] <> 0 then ConsoleWrite('--> TWAIN available: RC = ' & $rc[0]&@CRLF) ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; I NEED HERE ;manual select scanner Local $hwnd $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"long","TWAIN_SelectImageSource",'hwnd',$hwnd) ConsoleWrite('--> TWAIN_SelectImageSource = ' & $rc[0]&@CRLF) if $rc[0] <> 0 then ConsoleWrite("--> TWAIN device selected"&@CRLF) else ConsoleWrite("--> no TWAIN device selected"&@CRLF) endif Else ConsoleWrite('--> TWAIN NOT available: RC = ' & $rc[0]&@CRLF) ; es: 0 endif endif thank you
    • Mannyfresh31
      By Mannyfresh31
      Hi Everybody I want know if there is someone kind enough to help me translate this code in to Autoit please don't blame me cause I'm a newbe 
      here is the code I need to translate also I want know if it's possible to look through a DLL  functions

Declaration in Visual Basic 6: 
      Simply add the DLL import unit 'cashdll.bas' to your project, 
      or add following line to the declarations part: 
      Declare Function CASH_OPENCOM Lib "CASH.DLL" (ByVal CASH_COMPORT As Long) As Long 

Declaration in Visual Basic 6: 
      Simply add the DLL import unit 'cashdll.bas' to your project, 
      or add following line to the declarations part: 
      Declare Sub CASH_CLOSECOM Lib "CASH.DLL" ()

and here is the code I have written so far
      down below is the DLL attached also a screen shot of the  exit code of SciTE
      #include<Array.au3> $CashDLL = DllOpen("C:\Users\manue\Downloads\Casll DLL\cash.dll") if $CashDLL Then MsgBox (0,"","CashDLL Open",0) $HOPPER_OPENCOM = DllCall($CashDLL,"LONG","HOPPER_OPENCOM") if isarray ($HOPPER_OPENCOM) Then _Arraydisplay ($HOPPER_OPENCOM) Else MsgBox (0,"",@error,0) EndIf $HOPPER_CLOSECOM = DllCall($CashDLL,"NONE","HOPPER_CLOSECOM") if isarray ($HOPPER_CLOSECOM) Then _Arraydisplay ($HOPPER_CLOSECOM) Else MsgBox (0,"",@error,0) EndIf DllClose ($CashDLL)  

cash.dll
    • marcoauto
      By marcoauto
      Ciao
      I would like to control an ATEM Video Mixer from autoit. I downloaded his SDK which is written in c ++ and I found the sequences to interface, but I was not able to convert the script to self.
      The instructions say to follow this sequence:
      and to connectTo with C++ is:
      string address = "192.168.1.240"; _BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure failureReason = 0; IBMDSwitcher switcher = null; var discovery = new CBMDSwitcherDiscovery(); discovery.ConnectTo(address, out switcher, out failureReason); From Blackmagic SDK:
      IBMDSwitcherDiscovery::ConnectTo method
      The ConnectTo method connects to the specified switcher and returns an IBMDSwitcher object interface for the switcher.
      Syntax HRESULT ConnectTo (string deviceAddress, IBMDSwitcher** switcherDevice, BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure* failReason); Parameters: deviceAddress in Network hostname or IP address of switcher to connect to. switcherDevice out IBMDSwitcher object interface for the connected switcher. failReason out Reason for connection failure as a BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure value. So, I have I tried these solutions but with non success:
      $DllName =@ScriptDir&"\BMDSwitcherAPI.dll" $result = DllCall($DllName, "none", "IBMDSwitcherDiscovery::ConnectTo" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("DLLCall Result: " & $result & @CRLF) and I have tried also create an Object (That I think is the best way solution):
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $oSwitcher=ObjCreate("IBMDSwitcher") If IsObj($oSwitcher) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $oSwitcher created successfully") EndIf $oAtem=ObjCreate("IBMDSwitcherDiscovery") If IsObj($oAtem) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $oAtem created successfully") EndIf $failureReason =ObjCreate("_BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure") If IsObj($failureReason) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $failureReason created successfully") EndIf $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") ; Install a custom error handler Global $errore,$oSwitcher1 $oAtem.ConnectTo("192.168.1.36",$oSwitcher,$failureReason); ; This is the custom error handler Func MyErrFunc() $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8) MsgBox(0, "", "We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & _ "Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _ "Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription & @CRLF & _ "Source is: " & $oMyError.source & @CRLF & _ "Description is: " & $oMyError.description & @CRLF & _ "Helpfile is: " & $oMyError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ "Helpcontext is: " & $oMyError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _ "Lastdllerror is: " & $oMyError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ "Scriptline is: " & $oMyError.scriptline) EndFunc ;==>MyErrFunc But the result is:
      We intercepted a COM Error !
      Number is: 000000A9
      Windescription is: Variable must be of type 'Object'.
      Source is: 
      Description is: 
      Helpfile is: 
      Helpcontext is: 
      Lastdllerror is: 0
      Scriptline is: 17
      The BMDSwitcherAPI.dll is registered in system. Can someone help me?
      Grazie
      Marco
    • remoras
      By remoras
      Hello community I just started to read the Powershell in a month of lunches book, I want to learn Powershell and make Gui's to execute Powershell scripts, I know that AutoIt is capable for a lot of things included Gui's, My question is how to start my journey, I have no prior programming experience, should I learn only powershell first and then jump to AutoIt, and are there any books for AutoIt, and more important where can I find a Gui builder for AutoIt, I read somewhere for KODA but I can't find it.  
      Any help/advice will be much appreciated.