Robdog1955

Enter data into IE form that has a javascript editbox

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to use IE.au3 UDF to auto fill a webpage. All goes well until I get to an editbox that appears to be a javascript. I am attaching a pic of the editbox. (I would be glad to add any other information needed to help me past this last hurdle in my script. I'm just not sure what questions you have to help me with this.)

Edit Box.png

Hi Robdog1955,

On 8/6/2016 at 6:54 PM, Robdog1955 said:

I am trying to use IE.au3 UDF to auto fill a webpage. All goes well until I get to an editbox that appears to be a javascript.

What is the exact problem you encounter?
Do you get an error message or just unexpected results?
What have you tried so far?
Can you share your code?

On 8/6/2016 at 6:54 PM, Robdog1955 said:

I would be glad to add any other information needed to help me past this last hurdle in my script. I'm just not sure what questions you have to help me with this.

Ideally you would provide us a link to the webpage in question. If that is not option, post the (redacted) source or at least see if you can identify the editor.

Regards,
Rob

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

I do not think that this is Java Just HTML editor. 

From Where you have this ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I do not think that this is Java Just HTML editor. 
From Where you have this ?

I meant that this is not Java aplet, but I just realize that you  are talking about JavaScript, so please look again in the following answer:

Try to look for similar cases here, as I think this looks like normal HTML RTE (HTML RichText Editor).

Edited by mLipok

ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Well I am using a modified script I found in the forum to search for all the input locations of the webpage in question. I have attached that script.  The webpage I am using is internal to our facility so you cannot access it.  I think this is the part of the page that I'm interested and my script finds LADD but I can't enter anything into it using AutoIt.

<textarea name=LADD title="Description"  cols=85 id="descrpt" TABINDEX=52 onKeypress=addAutoSpell(document.regform.LADD) style="height: 170px; width: 702px;" class="wysiwyg"></textarea>

I guess I thought it must be a javascript since I could not enter anything into it with AutoIt...

Does this help you answer my problem?

FoundYou.au3

Maybe like this:

_IETextArea_SetInnerHtml($oIE, '<strong>TESTING</strong>')
Func _IETextArea_SetInnerHtml(ByRef $oIE, $sData)
    Local $oIE_TextArea = _IEGetObjById($oIE, 'descrpt')
    $oIE_TextArea.innerHtml = $sData
EndFunc

Spoiler

Thanks for your post mLipok, I am going to see if I can work with that.