kashamalasha

Syntax Highlighting in RichEdit element

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hi everybody.

Could you tell me is there any UDF that can help to highlight syntax in the _GUICtrlRichEdit element on the fly?

Is it possible to implement this feature in script in simple way using some UDF or something, instead of writing thousand of strings manually?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

It was discused here on the forum few times for Au3 Syntax.
For what Language you need it ?

EDIT:

Edited by mLipok

NEW:     ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Last update: 2016-11-12
Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft Components * TeamViewer API -UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAPPOP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * WinSCP UDF *

My contribution to others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities *

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

#4 ·  Posted

I've tried your UDF, and it is not exact what I want.

I want to implemnt syntax highlighting for the text on the fly. That means it should work like syntax highlighting in Notepad++ or like in Sublime Text editors. The user shouldn't push any button to highlight text in the editor.

Thanks.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

UPD: I found some script that works very similar with my requirements. But it can't react when I edit some text that has been already written. Could you help me fix it?

Thanks.

#include <guiconstantsex.au3>
#include <guirichedit.au3>
#include <windowsconstants.au3>
#include <misc.au3>
opt('guioneventmode', 1)
global $g_hrichedit

doit()

func doit()
   local $hgui, $imsg, $idbtnnext, $istep = 0
      $hgui = guicreate("", 320, 350, -1, -1)
      $g_hrichedit = _guictrlrichedit_create($hgui, "", 10, 10, 300, 220, _
      bitor($es_multiline, $ws_vscroll, $ws_hscroll, $es_autovscroll))
      guisetonevent($gui_event_close, '__exit')
      guisetstate(@sw_show)
      global $dll_32 = dllopen('user32.dll')
      sleep(2000)

while 1
      sleep(100)
            $last = 1000000
            if (_ispressed(11, $dll_32) = false) and (_ispressed("08", $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed(41, $dll_32) or _ispressed(42, $dll_32) or _ispressed(43, $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed(44, $dll_32) or _ispressed(45, $dll_32) or _ispressed(46, $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed(47, $dll_32) or _ispressed(48, $dll_32) or _ispressed(49, $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed('4a', $dll_32) or _ispressed('4b', $dll_32) or _ispressed('4c', $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed('4d', $dll_32) or _ispressed('4e', $dll_32) or _ispressed('4f', $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed(50, $dll_32) or _ispressed(51, $dll_32) or _ispressed(52, $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed(53, $dll_32) or _ispressed(54, $dll_32) or _ispressed(55, $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed(56, $dll_32) or _ispressed(57, $dll_32) or _ispressed(58, $dll_32) _
            or _ispressed(59, $dll_32) or _ispressed('5a', $dll_32)) then

for $i = 1 to 2  
                        guisetcursor(-1, '', $hgui)
                        _guictrlrichedit_pauseredraw($g_hrichedit)
                        $pos1 = _guictrlrichedit_getcharposofpreviousword($g_hrichedit, $last)
                              if $pos1 < 0 then
                                    $i = 2
                              else
                                 _guictrlrichedit_setsel($g_hrichedit, $pos1, $last)
                                 $last = $pos1
                                 $text = _guictrlrichedit_getseltext($g_hrichedit)
                                       if stringregexp($text, '(?:^func[ ]{0,100}$|^endfunc[ ]{0,100}$|^if[ ]{0,100}$|^endif[ ]{0,100}$)') then
                                                _guictrlrichedit_setcharcolor($g_hrichedit, 0x000099)
                                                _guictrlrichedit_setsel($g_hrichedit, -1, -1)
                                       elseif stringregexp($text, '(?:^include[ ]{0,100}$)') then
                                                _guictrlrichedit_setcharcolor($g_hrichedit, 0x009900)
                                       else
                                                _guictrlrichedit_setcharcolor($g_hrichedit, 0x000000)
                                       endif
                                 _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetCharPosFromXY($g_hrichedit, $hCharPos[0], $hCharPos[1])
                              endif
                  next
            _guictrlrichedit_resumeredraw($g_hrichedit)
            endif
    wend
endfunc

func __exit()
            dllclose('user32.dll')
            exit
endfunc

Edited by kashamalasha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• czardas
      Row Sum (Σ) Formula Validation
      By czardas
      Much work still needs to be done on my current project, but design concepts often benefit more from early criticism. Although there may be nothing particularly innovative about this project, user experience is everything. I would like you to look at the behaviour of the controls on this GUI. Unless you type something really awful, it allows you to finish typing the formula before testing the input. When typing into an edit control, pressing the enter key activates the okay button.
      The program itself, mainly consists of a listview control, which you can't see - just imagine it looks like a stone age version of Excel with a nice paint job, but no bells or whistles. What Row Sum (Σ) is intended to do is loop through all the rows, calculate a sum and print the output in a newly created column. The user is prompted to type a formula into the following GUI. Please try to figure it out, and break it any way you can.
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <Misc.au3> Global $g_iAvailableCols = 24 ; arbitary dev variable [column count will eventually be read from a listview control] ; missing several thousand lines of code... Formula() ; caution about including columns containing empty fields in the formula ; empty fields are treated as zero ; with addition and subtraction there is never any problem ; multiplication by an empty field (or by zero) returns zero ; division by an empty field (or by zero) returns an empty field [unless - see exception] ; use of the power operator is limited to rows in which all referenced fields contain numbers ; imaginary roots of negative numbers return an empty field [unless - see exception] ; exception: infinity (or an imaginary number) to the power of zero returns a meaningless number Func FormulaSyntax() MsgBox(BitOR(64, 8192), "Row Sum (" & ChrW(0x03A3) & ") : Syntax To Use", _ ; $MB_ICONINFORMATION, $MB_TASKMODAL " mathematical operators :" & @TAB & "+ - * / ^" & @CRLF & _ " column numbers :" & @TAB & @TAB & "c1, c2, c3 etc..." & @CRLF & _ " decimal digits :" & @TAB & @TAB & "0 to 9 and ." & @CRLF & _ " parenthesis :" & @TAB & @TAB & "( )" & @CRLF & _ " minus sign :" & @TAB & @TAB & "-1, -c2, -(c3) etc..." & @CRLF & _ " example :" & @TAB & @TAB & @TAB & "c1 +c2 -c3") EndFunc ;==> FormulaSyntax Func Formula() ; ($hParent, $idListView, $hListView) ; [missing parent window] Local $sTitle = "Row Sum (" & ChrW(0x03A3) & ")", _ $iStyle = BitOR($WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU), _ $iExStyle = BitOR($WS_EX_MDICHILD, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) Local $hChild = GUICreate($sTitle, 334 +25, 105 +1, Default + 100, Default + 100); , $iStyle, $iExStyle, $hParent) Local $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Formula :", 8, 8, 55, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hSyntax = GUICtrlCreateButton("???", 72, 7, 40, 20) Local $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Header :", 127, 8, 49, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hHeader = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 182, 7, 170, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 7, 33, 320 +25, 40, BitOR($WS_TABSTOP, $ES_MULTILINE)) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hCheckBox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Round to", 7, 79, 75, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hPlaces = GUICtrlCreateInput("2", 86, 79 +1, 20, 20, BitOR($WS_TABSTOP, $ES_CENTER, $ES_NUMBER)) GUICtrlCreateLabel("decimal places", 114 -2, 79 +2, 92, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 210, 79 +1, 66, 20) Local $hOkay = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 285, 79 +1, 66, 20) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $sInput = "", $aArray, $iError = 0, $iCols = $g_iAvailableCols ; $iCols = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hListView), _ ; >>> CHANGE THIS LATER ;$iRows = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListView), $aColOrder = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnOrderArray($hListView) Local $vTemp, $msg2, $iPlaces = '2' While 1 $msg2 = GUIGetMsg() If $msg2 = $hCancel Or $msg2 = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop If $msg2 = $hSyntax Then FormulaSyntax() ContinueLoop EndIf $vTemp = GUICtrlRead($hPlaces) If $vTemp <> $iPlaces Then If $vTemp > 14 Then GUICtrlSetData($hPlaces, 14) $iPlaces = 14 _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hPlaces, 0, -1) ElseIf Not $vTemp Then GUICtrlSetData($hPlaces ,'0') $iPlaces = '0' _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hPlaces, 0, -1) EndIf EndIf If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($hCheckBox), $GUI_CHECKED) == $GUI_CHECKED _ And BitAND(GUICtrlGetState($hPlaces), $GUI_DISABLE) == $GUI_DISABLE Then GUICtrlSetState($hPlaces, $GUI_ENABLE) ElseIf BitAND(GUICtrlRead($hCheckBox), $GUI_CHECKED) <> $GUI_CHECKED _ And BitAND(GUICtrlGetState($hPlaces), $GUI_ENABLE) == $GUI_ENABLE Then GUICtrlSetState($hPlaces, $GUI_DISABLE) EndIf $sFormula = GUICtrlRead($hInput) If $sFormula <> $sInput Then If StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') Then ; spaces between components are ignored If Not ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iCols) Then If @extended < 5 Then If $iError = 0 Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFA090) $iError = 1 ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf $sInput = $sFormula EndIf ; BitAND(WinGetState($hChild), $WIN_STATE_ACTIVE) = 8 If $msg2 = $hOkay Or (_IsPressed("0D") And BitAND(WinGetState($hChild), 8) = 8 And (ControlGetFocus($hChild) = "Edit2" Or ControlGetFocus($hChild) = "Edit1")) Then $sFormula = GUICtrlRead($hInput) ; If StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') And ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iCols) Then ; missing formula execution code MsgBox(0, "VALID SYNTAX", "Well done, your formula can safely be executed, but" & @CRLF & "can't find parent window.") ExitLoop Else Switch @extended Case 1 $vTemp = "The formula contains illegal characters." Case 2 $vTemp = "No such column exists." Case 3 $vTemp = "The formula contains a syntax error." Case 4 $vTemp = "The formula is missing opening parenthesis." Case 5 $vTemp = "The formula is unterminated" case 6 $vTemp = "The formula is missing closing parenthesis." EndSwitch MsgBox(262160, "uh-uh!", StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') ? $vTemp : "Please enter a formula.") While _IsPressed("0D") Sleep(50) WEnd ;$iError = 1 EndIf EndIf WEnd GUIDelete($hChild) EndFunc ; formula Func ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iMax) ; [currently requires external check that string <> ""] ; quick test for accepted characters If StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)[^c \d\.\+\-\*/\^\(\)]') Then Return SetExtended(1, False) ; illegal characters If StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)\.\D|c[0\D]|\d\s+[\.\d]') Then Return SetExtended(3, False) ; syntax $sFormula = StringStripWS($sFormula, 8) ; strip all spaces ; split to separate formula components Local $aFormula = StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-\(|[\+\-\*/\^\(\)]|.+', 3), _ ; create array [ADDED] ==> |.+ $iLast, $sTest, $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-', _ ; valid first component $iBracket = 0, $bSyntax = False, $bNoSuch = False, $bTermination = False ; error tracking variables For $i = 0 To UBound($aFormula) -1 If Not StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], $sExpect) Then ; unexpected code sequence $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf If StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '(?i)\-?c\d+') Then ; column number $sTest = StringRegExpReplace($aFormula[$i], '(?i)[\-c]+', '') If $sTest > $iMax Or $sTest == 0 Then ; no such column exists $bNoSuch = True ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ; operators / closing brackets ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\-?\d*\.\d*') Then ; decimal If $aFormula[$i] == '.' Or $aFormula[$i] == '-.' Then If $i = UBound($aFormula) -1 Then $bTermination = True ExitLoop EndIf $bSyntax = True ; badly formated decimal ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ; as above ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\-?\d+') Then ; integer $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\A[\+\-\*/\^]\z') Then ; operator $iLast = UBound($aFormula) -1 If $i = $iLast Or ($i = $iLast -1 And $aFormula[$iLast] == '-') Then $bTermination = True ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] == '(' Or $aFormula[$i] == '-(' Then ; opening bracket $iBracket += 1 $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] == ')' Then ; closing bracket $iBracket -= 1 $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] = 'c' Or $aFormula[$i] = '-c' Then ; unterminated column number If $i = UBound($aFormula) -1 Then $bTermination = True Else $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf Else ; unexpected exception [this should never happen] $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf If $iBracket < 0 Then ExitLoop ; closing (unopened) parenthesis error ; [formula looks okay so far] Next ; better to be a bit wordy [for clarity] If $bNoSuch Then Return SetExtended(2, False) ; no such column exists If $bSyntax Then Return SetExtended(3, False) ; syntax error If $iBracket < 0 Then Return SetExtended(4, False) ; missing opening parenthesis If $bTermination Then Return SetExtended(5, False) ; formula may not terminate with operator or c If $iBracket > 0 Then Return SetExtended(6, False) ; missing closing parenthesis ; ConsoleWrite('valid' & @LF) Return True ; formula is correct EndFunc ;==> ValidSyntax  
    • Jdr
      Syntax for embedding @username in tasklist command
      By Jdr
      I'm using this code:
      #include <Constants.au3> Global $DOS, $Message = '' ;; added "= ''" for show only. $DOS = Run(@ComSpec & " /c tasklist /S server1 /U server1\admin /P password /FI " "USERNAME" & "eq" & @UserName /FI ""IMAGENAME eq notep*""", "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) ProcessWaitClose($DOS) $Message = StdoutRead($DOS) MsgBox(0, "Stdout Read:", $Message) But I can't get the syntax right.  The tasklist command from the commandline goes like this and works: 
      tasklist /S server1 /U server1\admin /P password /FI  "USERNAME eq user1" /FI "IMAGENAME eq notep*".  So everything behind the FI parameter needs quotes. I'm using the @username macro to get the logged on user.  But I just can't get the syntax right.

• Beege
      AU3 Syntax Highlight for RichEdit - Machine Code Version - Updated 12/25/2013
      By Beege
      Last Update - 12/25/2013

Here are a few functions that will take any Autoit code and convert it to RTF format with AutoIt syntax highlighted.
      The code can be saved or applied right to the RichEdit control you are working with.

Special thanks go to MrCreator. A good amount of ideas for different parts of the code and regular expressions came from studying his >Autoit Syntax Highlight for HTMLBBCode. Viewing how he handled certain situations was very helpful. Thanks to Robjong also for feedback on some of the SRE expressions.
      Update - 12/25/2013
      Fixed incorrect coloring for INI functions
      Update - 10/29/2013
      Heres my latest version. Its been completly rewritten in assembly and is working very fast. The previous version for this library worked by checking for each catagory (variable, keyword, string, etc) one catagory at a time using reg expressions. The libaray works by walking the data one time adds the coloring each time it hits a catagory. Each time we hit a catogory, we jump to that catagoys procedure and continue processing until that catagory is over, then return to the main loop, or another catagorey. This make processing parts like comments and strings very fast. 

For strings Im passing the data to an autoit function for the send keys. For the UDFs im also passing the data to an auto it function, but only to check if its a function, not modify any data. Using a dictionary, I setup a structure where the key is the function name and the item for that key is the length. Checking to see if a key exists in a dictionary is very fast, so is the lookup so if it is a key, I pass back the length of the funtion, along with the function type (Native, UDF, Keyword). Code for Native functions and Keywords are built into the assembly code, the reason they are also in the udfs is for case insensitve checks. The assembly code then adds the coloring and copys the bytes specifed by the length.

There full assembly code is in the build folder. That includes everything you need compile the full function if you wanted to change it somehow. Theres also a short little brief on assembly code in general and working with strings in assembly. 

Update - 10/20/2013

Please let me know if you have any problems. Thanks

Change Log:

RESH.zip
      RESHv2.zip
      RESHv2.1.zip
      RESHv2.2.zip
      RESHv2.3.zip

asm version:
      RESHv3.zip
      RESHv3.1.zip
    • qwert
      Seeking clarification on RESH _LoadFile example
      By qwert
      I've been working with RichEdits and have come upon the very useful RESH UDF.  But I baffled by one statement in the example's _LoadFile() function:
      _GUICtrlRichEdit_ReplaceText($hRichEdit, '') Can someone explain this "non-replace"?  Here's the context:

• InunoTaishou
      RichEdit Hyperlinks (Friendly)
      By InunoTaishou
      I think RichEdit has been my favorite thing I've ever discovered on AutoIt lol. In my quest to add in more html tags to my _StringToRichEditArray I needed a way to do href! There was an example I found that I followed but it didn't format correctly and didn't work 100% but it gave me a good base. Think I'll tackle inserting an image next, not looking forward to that. If anyone has an idea on how to do it let me know.
      Known issues (these will cause the hyperlink to lose the +li attribute after the RichEdit is updated):
      The hyperlink and friendly text are appended/inserted (directly adjacent to a non whitespace) but the hyperlink is not a valid hyperlink. Changing the char color for the control causes the hyperlink to lose it's hyperlink color (the light blue). Fix for Issue 1:
      Use the full URL for the hyperlink (https://www.autoitscript.com/site/ instead of www.autoitscript.com/site) Use any hyperlink with any friendly text that does not have www at the beginning (Hyperlink: www.google.com, Friendly Text: google.com) Use any hyperlink with any, or no, friendly text, but have a whitespace to the left of the hyperlink. Fix for Issue 2:
      I have no fix. Updated RichEdit Hyperlink.au3
      Demo
      Original Post, outdated: Had a problem with inserting/appending hyperlinks that pointed to the local computer. (C:\Windows\)