Jos

February 26, 2017: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v3.7.3 release

Jos

Merged the SciTE 3.7.3 source into our version and several other changes and fixes to the supporting utilities.

Enjoy,
Jos

Addition/Changes/Fixes in the current installer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24-2-2017
*** Merged the SciTE v 3.7.3 by Neil Hodgson with our own version of SciTE. (Jos)
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v17.224.935.0 (Jos)
    - 16.612.1119.1 Fixed #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Stop_OnError=N, avoiding to stop even when No or not  specified.
    - 16.612.1119.2 Fixed #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Stop_OnError=N, avoiding to stop even when No or not  specified.
    - 16.612.1119.3 Added warning for #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64 in case #pragma(out,..)  is used.
*** Updated Au3Stripper v17.224.935.0 (Jos)
    - 16.612.1119.1 Fixed issue which sometimes was stripping a global const incorrectly
    - 16.612.1119.2 Fixed /maxiterations parameter not recognised
    - 16.612.1119.3 Fixed increased the max #Au3Stripper_Ignore_Variables to 500 and for #Au3Stripper_Ignore_Funcs to 200
    - 16.612.1119.4 Fixed regression introduced in 16.612.1119.1
*** Updated SciTEConfig v17.224.935.0 (Jos)
    - 16.306.1119.1 ...
*** Updated Tidy v17.224.935.0 (Jos)
    - 16.612.1119.1: Fixed Sort_Func function bug when the source contains a BOM.
*** Updated CodewiZard v1.5.4.0 (Cyberyeye)
    - Fix Icon Ressource Number for Messagebox Tab & ToolTip Tab
    - Check/Fix missing includes using AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y
    - Added Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) to fix undeclared variables
    - Replaced msgbox() magic number by constant name
    - Added GUISetIcon var (au3.ico)
    - Removed unusefull old AutoIt3Wrapper directive
*** Updated Abbreviations (mLipok)
    - Updated au3abbrev.properties and helpfile page.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE-Scintilla updates.
==> Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions
==> Check  the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Edited by Jos
  • Like 3

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

mLipok

For this who do not know this version fixes 2 issues/bugs discussed recently on the forum here:

and here:

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2018-10-31

cppprog

why Autoit not updated from 2015

is it Dead Project Or Problems not found or new futures not required.

• Like 1

BrewManNH

Why in the world would you post that question in this thread? It's completely unrelated and has been asked and answered many times, do a forum search.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Jos
2 hours ago, cppprog said:

why Autoit not updated from 2015

is it Dead Project Or Problems not found or new futures not required

Why did you register in these forums to ask this question in an unrelated thread?
What are you missing in the current version that is making you stopping from being able to use the current AutoIt3 version?

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos

Merged and uploaded our version of SciTE 3.7.5 to the Beta directory for those who want to have a play.

Release 3.7.5

• Released 26 May 2017.
  • Support dropped for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 due to increased use of C++11 features.
  • Added a caret line frame as an alternative visual for highlighting the caret line.
  • Added "Reverse Selected Lines" feature.
  • SciTE adds "Select All Bookmarks" command.
  • SciTE adds a save.path.suggestion setting to suggest a file name when saving an unnamed buffer.
  • Updated case conversion and character categories to Unicode 9.
  • The Baan lexer recognizes numeric literals in a more compliant manner including hexadecimal numbers and exponentials.
  • The Bash lexer recognizes strings in lists in more cases. Bug #1944.
  • The Fortran lexer recognizes a preprocessor line after a line continuation &. Bug #1935.
  • The Fortran folder can fold comments. Bug #1936.
  • The PowerShell lexer recognizes escaped quotes in strings. Bug #1929.
  • The Python lexer recognizes identifiers more accurately when they include non-ASCII characters.
  • The Python folder treats comments at the end of the file as separate from the preceding structure.
  • The YAML lexer recognizes comments in more situations and styles a "..." line like a "---" line. Bug #1931.
  • Update scroll bar when annotations added, removed, or visibility changed. Feature #1187.
  • Canceling modes with the Esc key preserves a rectangular selection. Bug #1940.
  • Builds are made with a sorted list of lexers to be more reproducible. Bug #1946.
  • On Cocoa, a leak of mouse tracking areas was fixed.
  • On Cocoa, the autocompletion is 4 pixels wider to avoid text truncation.
  • On Windows, stop drawing a focus rectangle on the autocompletion list and raise the default list length to 9 items.
  • SciTE examines at most 1 MB of a file to automatically determine indentation for indent.auto to avoid a lengthy pause when loading very large files.
  • SciTE user interface uses lighter colours and fewer 3D elements to match current desktop environments.
  • SciTE sets buffer dirty and shows message when file deleted if load.on.activate on.
  • SciTE on Windows Find strip Find button works in incremental no-close mode. Bug #1926.

Enjoy,
Jos

• Like 1

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

mLipok

Such an unexpected surprise :)

Thanks.

ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

mLipok
  • SciTE adds "Select All Bookmarks" command.

is quite usefull :)

Spoiler

mLipok

Seriously, I did not notice anything wrong ... yet.

Thanks for update.

Spoiler

KaFu

Hi Jos,

I currently use "Tools > Trace: Add trace lines" for debugging and found an issue.

StringReplace(@ScriptFullPath, "\", "")
MsgBox(0, @ScriptFullPath, @extended)

Lines should also be skipped if @extended is detected, as it is being done for @error.

See "AutoItTools.lua" and duplicate and adjust the two lines after this:

-- Skip the line contains test for @error else it could break logic

Best Regards

Jos

This is also an issue with the current production version I guess or is this only related to the new version?

Added to the current AutoItTools.lua in the Develop_Share.

Jos 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

KaFu
Jos

Sorry, I "thought" this was the thread I created in the MVP forum on the next release beta, so yes it is a pretty stupid question in this thread. (last part  is note to self ;) )
Have made the same modification in the Beta version and copy that into the Beta directory.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

KaFu
wyf
After installing 3.3.14.3 + SciTe v3.7.3, the SciTe window crashes when the script last carriage return .....
Edited by wyf

Jos

I highly doubt that SciTE is the root of this issue but expect that AutoIt3 crashes due to some sort or Script fault.
So we need more input like all the text in the SciTE outputconsole and the script causing this.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

wyf
On 2018/2/15 at 4:47 PM, Jos said:

I highly doubt that SciTE is the root of this issue but expect that AutoIt3 crashes due to some sort or Script fault.
So we need more input like all the text in the SciTE outputconsole and the script causing this.

Jos

Hello Jos,

AutoIt3 v3.3.14.3 + SciTE4AutoIt3_3.7.3 Respectively test the following script,

AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 v17.224.935.0
CodeWizard.au3 v1.5.4.0
SciTE Jump.au3 v2.19.103.245
SciteConfig.au3 v17.224.935.0

After a carriage return at the end of the script, 
the SciTE window did not respond for a long time.
Then click SciTe window, SciTE crashes ....

Edited by wyf