Our Microsoft Office Templates shared folder was changed from a DFS share to an Isilon share. example:
Old Server: \\Domain.com\Office\Templates
New Server: \\Templates.domain.com\Office\Templates
The team making the changes overlooked that several hundred thousand documents, had been attached to the old template documents. So when you open a document which has been attached, it will take a couple of minutes to open, while it tries to locate the old server path. I've been asked to come in and fix it, so after several hours found that the data is being held in document.zip\word\_rels\settings.xml.rels, I now need to replace the old server path with the new server path. I didn't want to use dom as that would take too long and found a tool wtc https://github.com/NeosIT/wtc which works perfectly, takes about 8 minutes to scan a single directory with 4000 documents and fix them. The problem is the documents are all held on sharepoint and they want to retain the file timestamp, which is easy enough, but they also don't want to keep the "Modified By" apparently they don't like seeing all the documents appearing as "Modified by: Subz" Anyone know of way to retain the "Modified By" info,
I hope you can help me with this need. In the company I work for, every time we need to deploy a change into a Production environment, we need to add a SharePoint entry in a Calendar area. This is in order to notify Operations team that a change will be introduced on a specific date.
The fields we need to fill out are:
ows_Project ows_ChangeReq ows_Description ows_StartDate ows_EndDate The thing is that, I have all these values available in an AutoIT application I built called EAI Tool so, what I need is: Whenever a user click a button, a SharePoint record should be created populating SharePoint fields with the values from EAI Tool applicacion.
If you need additional information, let me know.
I have a server running Small Busines Server 2008. On that server is a shared directory containing Microsoft Office templates in the normal directory setup; a bunch of templates, a Smart Art subdirectory, and a Document Themes subdirectory containing Theme Colors, Theme Effects, and Theme Fonts subdirectories.
My task is to create a program that copies all that to the local user's templates subdirectory. It must work on the local network or over the VPN. I am not allowed to wipe the local template directory. I may not assume that any drives are mapped, I have to use UNC paths to the server. So a .cmd file doesn't work because it doesn't do UNC paths, at least copy and xcopy and robocopy don't.
This morning I sat down with AutoIt and came up with:
#include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> $LocalPath = EnvGet("APPDATA") & "\Microsoft\Templates\" $Result = DirCopy("\\192.168.7.250\Users\<redacted>\<redacted>\<redacted>\<redacted> Templates 2",$LocalPath,$FC_OVERWRITE) MsgBox(0,"Info",$Result) Works on the internal network. Works when I connect to our guest network (which is a different subnet) and connect to the (SoftEther) VPN. Does not work when connected to the VPN on physically remote machines.