WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (III)

Danp2

31 minutes ago, SOLVE-SMART said:

Let us create a CHANGELOG.md file for the GitHub project and refer to it for the future notifications/updates.

We already have REVISIONS.MD, which is where this information is maintained. I simply copy it here for the convenience of others.

Let us use Semantic Versioning to fit better in common versioning expectations.

I would suggest opening a GH issue on this one.

Hi again,

1 hour ago, Danp2 said:

We already have REVISIONS.MD, which is where this information is maintained.

Oh, that's a little bit embarrassing now 🤭 , sorry for that.
Nevertheless I suggest the CHANGELOG.md instead of REVISION.MD => I will explain why in the GH issue 😉 .

1 hour ago, Danp2 said:

I would suggest opening a GH issue on this one.

Alright, will do so.

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

👨‍🏫 WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

Which capability is needed to disable asking for saving file in Firefox/Gecko ?

As so far I find this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32486010/how-to-save-file-automatically-after-a-new-window-opens-in-selenium?rq=1

But I would like to see this as JSON to be able to add this to wd_capabilities.au3

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

@mLipok Have you tried something like this?

Local $sPref = 'browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk'
Local $sValue = 'text/plain,text/csv,application/csv,application/vnd.ms-excel,text/comma-separat‌ed-values,application/excel,application/octet-stream'
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', $sPref, $sValue)

Not yet but I found few minutes ago in one of my old examples:

_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'download.default_directory', @ScriptDir)
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'dom.ipc.processCount', 8)
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'javascript.options.showInConsole', False)
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'browser.toolbars.bookmarks.visibility', 'always') ; check    about:config
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'app.update.download.attempts', 0) ; check    about:config
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'browser.safebrowsing.downloads.enabled', False) ; check    about:config
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'browser.safebrowsing.downloads.enabled', False) ; check    about:config
        ; https://tarunlalwani.com/post/change-profile-settings-at-runtime-firefox-selenium/
        # 0 means to download to the desktop, 1 means to download to the default "Downloads" directory, 2 means to use the directory
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'browser.download.folderList', 2)
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'browser.download.manager.showWhenStarting', False)
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'browser.download.dir', $_EXAMPLE_DOWNLOAD_DIR)
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk', 'application/x-gzip')
        _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('prefs', 'browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk', 'application/zip')

Need to test it if it works.

but your's proposal to test it with multiple MIME

Local $sValue = 'text/plain,text/csv,application/csv,application/vnd.ms-excel,text/comma-separat‌ed-values,application/excel,application/octet-stream'

is very interesting.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

sorry not here....

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hello, I'm looking for a wait to verify if a value has been filled correctly after using the _WD_ElementAction.

But i don't the value that has been filled, am i using the code correctly?

$sButton = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $btn)
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sButton, 'value', $value)
If _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sButton,'value') != $value Then
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sButton, 'value', $value)

Whis is my first time posting, if you need more info just tell me, tried to find the solution in the others threads but i couldn't fin it

3 minutes ago, OsMiyaki said:

If _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sButton,'value') != $value Then

use <> because != is not correct syntax in AutoIt

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hello, 

I have a problem while clicking on an element.

I'm trying to click on this element: 

image.thumb.png.b1ff93a375464c5ca522bc362f9a7ed0.png

This is my code: 

#include "wd_helper.au3"
#include "wd_capabilities.au3"
#include "wd_capabilities.au3"

$sDesiredCapabilities = SetupChrome()
_WD_Startup()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)

_WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://external.stratus.ms/purchase-order-collaboration?tab=neworamended")

_myMsg("finished navigate, starting find element")

;_WD_Attach($sSession, "Stratus")

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//button[@class='mat-focus-indicator mat-raised-button mat-button-base mat-black ng-star-inserted']")
_myMsg("finished find element, starting click")

_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, "CLICK")
_myMsg("finished click, exiting")

_WD_DeleteSession($sSession)
_WD_Shutdown()

Func _myMsg($sMsg)
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "==== TY: " & $sMsg & " ====" & @CRLF)
    MsgBox(0, "", $sMsg)
EndFunc

Func SetupChrome()
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["--user-data-dir=C:\\Users\\' & @UserName & '\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\", "--profile-directory=Default"]}}}}'
    Return $sDesiredCapabilities
EndFunc

And here's the error code: 

_WD_IsLatestRelease: True
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_10 WIN32_NT 19043 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WD_Startup: WD.au3:    0.5.1.1 (Up to date)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:   1.6.4.2
_WD_Startup: Driver:    chromedriver.exe
_WD_Startup: Params:    --verbose --log-path="C:\Users\rhuang30\OneDrive - Lenovo\Desktop\Script\Auto Stratus\chrome.log"
_WD_Startup: Port:  9515
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session; $sData={"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["--user-data-dir=C:\\Users\\rhuang30\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\", "--profile-directory=Default"]}}}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":{"capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":false,"browserName":"chrome","browserVersion":"97.0....
_WD_CreateSession: {"value":{"capabilities":{"acceptInsecureCerts":false,"browserName":"chrome","browserVersion":"97.0.4692.99","chrome":{"chromedriverVersion":"97.0.4692.71 (adefa7837d02a07a604c1e6eff0b3a09422ab88d-refs/branch-heads/4692@{#1247})","userDataDir":"C:\\Users\\rhuang30\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\"},"goog:chromeOptions":{"debuggerAddress":"localhost:49750"},"networkConnectionEnabled":false,"pageLoadStrategy":"normal","platformName":"windows","proxy":{},"setWindowRect":true,"strictFileInteractability":false,"timeouts":{"implicit":0,"pageLoad":300000,"script":30000},"unhandledPromptBehavior":"dismiss and notify","webauthn:extension:credBlob":true,"webauthn:extension:largeBlob":true,"webauthn:virtualAuthenticators":true},"sessionId":"26d2afe70c6271b1270c8de8d1474e49"}}
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/26d2afe70c6271b1270c8de8d1474e49/url; $sData={"url":"https://external.stratus.ms/purchase-order-collaboration?tab=neworamended"}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":null}...
_WD_Navigate: {"value":null}

==== TY: finished navigate, starting find element ====
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/26d2afe70c6271b1270c8de8d1474e49/element; $sData={"using":"xpath","value":"//button[@class='mat-focus-indicator mat-raised-button mat-button-base mat-black ng-star-inserted']"}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":{"element-6066-11e4-a52e-4f735466cecf":"eb4e070c-0d5e-4d42-a80c-710da4d14830"}}...
_WD_FindElement: {"value":{"element-6066-11e4-a52e-4f735466cecf":"eb4e070c-0d5e-4d42-a80c-710da4d14830"}}

==== TY: finished find element, starting click ====
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/26d2afe70c6271b1270c8de8d1474e49/element/eb4e070c-0d5e-4d42-a80c-710da4d14830/click; $sData={"id":"eb4e070c-0d5e-4d42-a80c-710da4d14830"}
_WD_ElementAction: {"value":null}...

==== TY: finished click, exiting ====
__WD_Delete: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/26d2afe70c6271b1270c8de8d1474e49
__WD_Delete: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":null}...
_WD_DeleteSession: {"value":null}

In my understanding, I found the element correctly. But when I want to click on it, I receive the message that value is null. I also tried to _WD_Attach again, before finding the element but that didn't help either. 

Is it me doing wrong and couldn't point the element? Or is it the page? 

One side note to mention: After I first navigate to "external.stratus.ms", I need to wait for several seconds. Because Chrome is going through Microsoft online to do some verification. I don't know if this this note is important to mention. First I wanted to click that "Export" button in the page, and then I will try to click the checkboxes shown in the screenshot.

image.png.b499173919bc1a906b37fc801cede10e.png

x

TY.

5 minutes ago, taylansan said:

In my understanding, I found the element correctly. But when I want to click on it, I receive the message that value is null.

It appears that the button is being found and clicked successfully. There is likely an underlying event that isn't being triggered. You could try switching to _WD_ElementActionEx to see if this alternate method will trigger the event.

Hi @Danp2

I tried Action Ex. The result says it's success: 

==== TY: finished navigate, starting find element ====
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/30f6cbbe19831293f2a25277716b0061/element; $sData={"using":"xpath","value":"//button[@class='mat-focus-indicator mat-raised-button mat-button-base mat-black ng-star-inserted']"}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":{"element-6066-11e4-a52e-4f735466cecf":"7d4bd075-c21e-4915-9906-104c64643a5d"}}...
_WD_FindElement: {"value":{"element-6066-11e4-a52e-4f735466cecf":"7d4bd075-c21e-4915-9906-104c64643a5d"}}

==== TY: finished find element, starting click ====
_WD_JsonActionPointer: {"type":"pointerDown","button":0}
_WD_JsonActionPointer: {"type":"pointerUp","button":0}
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/30f6cbbe19831293f2a25277716b0061/actions; $sData={"actions":[{"id":"hover","type":"pointer","parameters":{"pointerType":"mouse"},"actions":[{"type":"pointerMove","duration":100,"x":0,"y":0,"origin":{"ELEMENT":"7d4bd075-c21e-4915-9906-104c64643a5d","element-6066-11e4-a52e-4f735466cecf":"7d4bd075-c21e-4915-9906-104c64643a5d"}},{"type":"pointerDown","button":0},{"type":"pointerUp","button":0}]}]}
_WD_Action: {"value":null}
_WD_ElementActionEx ==> Success

==== TY: finished click, exiting ====
__WD_Delete: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/30f6cbbe19831293f2a25277716b0061
__WD_Delete: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":null}...
_WD_DeleteSession: {"value":null}

But I didn't download the export file as if I would manually click. 

TY.

Hi @taylansan,

could it be the case that there are more then one button with exact this combinations of classes? Please provide a larger section of the DOM to review (like you did in the screenshot above), then it could be possible to improve your XPath selector which seems to be unprecise, to be honest.

58 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

[...] the browser's DevTools to examine the events attached to the button [...]

Yes, you should check the events of the buttons. Sometime (at least for Selenium) it's also the case that a click event won't receive the click correctly, then you have to click by pure javascript like "return arguments[0].click()".

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

👨‍🏫 WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

Hello Again, 

I tried _WD_HighlightElement it's really useful :) Here you can see, I can highlight Export and one new specific item: 

image.thumb.png.5d97cba1636642bdeda4810c30dd0b34.png

And here

;This is the Export button
;$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//button[@class='mat-focus-indicator mat-raised-button mat-button-base mat-black ng-star-inserted']")
;This is the specific item in the screenshot
;$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//a[normalize-space()='4300017905']")
_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, "CLICK")

The output for clicking the specific item is similar to the output that I had in the previous posts:

__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/6510768edc91f60dfccc40b33aefb868/element/a3dabaf0-e689-45a5-bafb-cc2c8fc33406/click; $sData={"id":"a3dabaf0-e689-45a5-bafb-cc2c8fc33406"}
_WD_ElementAction: {"value":null}...

I also attached the page (I just Save As), but it seems that SelectorsHub can't work on the offline pages.

(I don't know if sharing Zip file is allowed. If it's not allowed, sorry in advance, I couldn't think another way.)

Stratus SaveAs.zip

Unfortunately, even if I can highlight the Export or other element, the Click on that element didn't trigger the download page or didn't open the specific item. I start to believe that it's a restriction in the Webpage, or the program (Stratus) is not allowing to automate the things. 

Thanks for having a look at it.

TY.

I suspect that the site is using a framework such as jQuery or Angular. Unfortunately we can't tell for sure without having access to the live system. You could try the following to see if it works for you --

; This is directly from your code
$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//button[@class='mat-focus-indicator mat-raised-button mat-button-base mat-black ng-star-inserted']")
_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, "click")

; This is an attempt to invoke jQuery to trigger a registered click event
$sScript = "jQuery(arguments[0]).trigger('click')"
_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, $sScript,  __WD_JsonElement($sElement))

_WD_GetSource($sSession)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 07/29/2022
  • Jos locked this topic