Sign in to follow this  
Tomoya

Sorting a ListView

Tomoya

I have a ListView that is created from a FileRead() using delimiters and then added into the ListView as shown below.

Local $src = InetGet($url, $file, 1)
        $data = FileRead($file)
        $array = StringSplit($data, ";", 1)
        FileDelete($file)
        For $n = 1 To UBound($array) - 1 Step 3
            $iItem = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListView, $array[$n])
            $a = UBound($array) - 1
            If $n + 1 > $a Then
                ExitLoop
            Else
                _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListView, $iItem, $array[$n + 1], 1)
                _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListView, $iItem, $array[$n + 2], 2)
            EndIf
        Next
        $PlayerCount = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($ListView)
        _GUICtrlListView_SetColumn($ListView, 0, "Name (Online: " & $Count & ")")

I was using _GUICtrlListView_SortItems to sort them and it appears to work correctly in that it adds the up and down arrow to the column but nothing moves. I tried another one that involved using DLL's but that didn't work either. Am I missing something or what?

Edited by Tomoya

water

Can you post the whole code you use including the call to _GUICtrlListView_SortItems plus the callback function?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

BrewManNH

Try it this way.

Local $src = InetGet($url, $file, 1)
$data = FileRead($file)
$array = StringSplit($data, ";", 1)
FileDelete($file)
For $n = 1 To UBound($array) - 1 Step 3
    $iItem = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListView, $array[$n], -1, $n + 1000) ; using the 4th parameter, add 1000 to the $n variable to get it to sort correctly.
    $a = UBound($array) - 1
    If $n + 1 > $a Then
        ExitLoop
    Else
        _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListView, $iItem, $array[$n + 1], 1)
        _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListView, $iItem, $array[$n + 2], 2)
    EndIf
Next
$PlayerCount = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($ListView)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumn($ListView, 0, "Name (Online: " & $Count & ")")

• Like 1

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Tomoya

Can you post the whole code you use including the call to _GUICtrlListView_SortItems plus the callback function?

I would have posted it all but it is becoming a rather large project and I didn't figure most of it would be relevant. I had a good hunch that the way the items were being added was the problem.

Try it this way.

;Code omitted to save space

This did it! I was reading a post somewhere that said it has problems sorting things from a array. It's funny that the one little addition solves all the problems. Why does adding 1000 to $n seem to fix it? Edited by Tomoya

guinness

The $lParam is for association of the item. Also if the script is big, create a small reproducer, because 9 times out of 10 this can solve the issue.

• Like 1

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

BrewManNH

lParam

Type: LPARAM

Value specific to the item. If you use the LVM_SORTITEMS message, the list-view control passes this value to the application-defined comparison function. You can also use the LVM_FINDITEM message to search a list-view control for an item with a specified lParam value.

From this MSDN page.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• careca
      By careca
      Hi, i have this array of numbers in the form of strings, and i assumed _arraysort would sort them out, but theres no option to do it numerically, so i had to do it another way, seems clumsy, what am i missing here? There's for sure a better way to sort this out numerically right? _arraysort is doing a mess with the numbers, it goes like this: 35,45,50,42,48,54
      #include<Array.au3> Local $ID, $AM Local $FO = Fileopen('mult.txt') Local $FR = FileReadToArray($FO) FileClose($FO) _ArrayDisplay($FR) For $d = 0 To UBound($FR) $AM = _ArrayMin($FR, 1) ConsoleWrite($AM &@CRLF) $ID = _ArraySearch($FR, $AM) _ArrayDelete($FR, $ID) Next So this way i retrieve the lowest number and then delete it from the array, what would you do?
      mult.txt
    • ternal
      By ternal
      Hi,
      Recently I have had the need to do a sort and then do a second sort while the item of the first sort stays the same ( double sorting , first on column x then while column x is the same sort column y).
      I did not put much efffort into error checking but so far I did not need it.
      For my applications so far it works perfectly however if someone is willing I want to test this extensivly.
      If anyone has big lists of random stuff to sort could you try this out please?
      #include <Array.au3> ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _ArraySort_Double ; Description ...: ; Syntax ........: _ArraySort_Double (Byref $array[, $first_index = Default[, $second_index = Default[, $ascending = Default]]]) ; Parameters ....: $array - 2d array to sort. ; $first_index - [optional] first column to sort. Default is 0. ; $second_index - [optional] second column to sort. Default is 1. ; $ascending - [optional] ascending/descending. Default is 1. ; Return values .: 1 if no errors occured , -1 if errors occured ; Author ........: Ternal ; Remarks .......: Needs excessive testing. ; Related .......: _arraysort() ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ArraySort_Double (byref $array, $first_index = Default, $second_index = Default, $ascending = Default) Local $temp_value Local $counter = 1 If UBound($array, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS) <> 2 Then MsgBox(0, "error", "error") return -1 EndIf If $first_index = Default Then $first_index = 0 If $second_index = Default Then $second_index = 1 If $ascending = Default Then $ascending = 1 _ArraySort($array, $ascending, 0, 0, $first_index); you can alter settings of primary sort here If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $temp_value = $array[0][$first_index] For $x = 1 to UBound($array, 1) - 1 If Mod( $x, 10000) = 0 Then ConsoleWrite("at " & $x & " of a total : " & UBound($array, 1) & @CRLF) If $array[$x][$first_index] = $temp_value Then $counter+= 1 If $x = UBound($array, 1) - 1 Then; do last line here(if last line is not a new item) _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 34 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf EndIf Else If $counter > 0 Then ;at least 2 of the same _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x - 1, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 29 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $counter = 1 EndIf EndIf $temp_value = $array[$x][$first_index] Next Return 1 EndFunc Kind regards, Ternal
    • Broihon
      By Broihon
      Hey guys,

I ran into a problem when I wanted to delete items of a listview using the delete key. My approach is to register my own WndProc for the listview and then filter the $WM_GETDLGCODE msg and then call the original WndProc.
      That works like a charm. The problem is that when the listview gets redrawn it somehow ends up in an infinite loop. The listview is suddenly emtpy and I can't interact with any controls of the GUI at all. Here's the code:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListView.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> $h_GUI = GUICreate("Test", 200, 200, 350, 350) $h_LV = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 0, 0, 200, 200) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 2) $h_LV_NewWndProc = DllCallbackRegister("WndProc_LV", "int", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam") $g_LV_OldWndProc = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($h_LV), $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($h_LV_NewWndProc)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Func WndProc_LV($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Return _WinAPI_CallWindowProc($g_LV_OldWndProc, $hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>WndProc_GUI Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE DllCallbackFree($h_LV_NewWndProc) As you can see I'm doing nothing in the WndProc of the listview. I'm simply calling the original WndProc. This still "freezes" when I mess with the width of the columns or in the original project when I add more items that they don't fit in the listview and I have to scroll. If I don't do that it's working fine.
    • c.haslam
      By c.haslam
      I have
      Local $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("",8,8,@DesktopWidth/2-16,@DesktopHeight-150,$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, _ $LVS_EX_INFOTIP) Local $hListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListview) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 0, "Filename", 400) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 1, "Ext", 50) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 2, "Size",70) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 3, 'Date time',100) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 4, "Path", 385) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 5, "sizeInt", 0) _GUICtrlListView_JustifyColumn($hListview, $kSize,1) ; right align then further on
      While True $sFnamExt = FileFindNextFile($iSrch) If @error Then ExitLoop EndIf $sAtts = FileGetAttrib($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt) If StringInStr($sAtts,'D') Then If $sFnamExt<>'$RECYCLE.BIN' Then $sDirs &= '?'&$sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt EndIf Else $p = StringInStr($sFnamExt,'.',0,-1) ; last If $p=0 Then $sFnam = $sFnamExt $sExt = '' Else $sFnam = StringLeft($sFnamExt,$p-1) $sExt = StringTrimLeft($sFnamExt,$p) EndIf _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListview,$sFnam,-1,_GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListview)+1000) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sExt,$kExt) $nSize = FileGetSize($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt) $sSize = AddThousandsSeparator($nsize) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sSize,$kSize) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$nsize,$kSizeInt) $nTotBytes += $nSize $a1 = FileGetTime($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt,$FT_MODIFIED,$FT_ARRAY) $t = $a1[0]&'-'&$a1[1]&'-'&$a1[2]&' '&$a1[3]&':'&$a1[4] _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$t,$kDateTime) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sPath,$kPath) If $gSQL Then $s = "Insert into tbl values ("&_SQLite_Escape($sFnam)&","&_SQLite_Escape($sExt)&",'"& _ $sSize&"','"& _ $t&"',"&_SQLite_Escape($sPath)&","&$nSize&")" _SQLite_Exec(-1,$s) If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf EndIf EndIf WEnd FileClose($iSrch) You will see that I heeded the advice in Help > _GUICtrlListView_AddItem: "As AutoIt uses the $iParam parameter to store the controlID of native-created ListView items, this value should be set sufficiently high for UDF-created items to avoid possible conflict with any existing controls - a starting value of 1000 is recommended."
      (It's unfortunate that the Example does not heed this advice. OK, it doesn't need to because there are no other controls, but still --- it would help neophytes if it did. Also to me _GUICtrlListView_AddItem is not native because it is a UDF. Confused?)
      My script then does a sort using SQLite, and updates the ListView:
      Local $hQuery Local $colNames = ['fnam','ext','nsize','dateTime','path','SizeInt'] Local $s = "Select * FROM tbl ORDER BY "&$colNames[$ncol]&';' _SQLite_Query(-1,$s, $hQuery) If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf Local $aRow[$kSizeInt+1] Local $iItem=-1 While _SQLite_FetchData($hQuery, $aRow, False, False) = $SQLITE_OK ; Read Out the next Row If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf $iItem += 1 For $i = $kFnam To $kSizeInt _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListview,$aRow[$i],$iItem,$i,Default) Next WEnd This works, but I had earlier coded
      _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListview,$aRow[$i],$iItem,$i,Default,$iItem+1000) because the same advice is in the Help for this function.
      So my care in specifying $param back-fired! What am I not understanding?
      The only difference in what works is that the $param parameter is defaulted.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I am building a management for the company I work with, and I just imported a real amount of rows ( about 29000 ), in my SQLite DB.
      The thing I am not understanding, is the time that the script takes to build this amount of rows in the ListView.
      I didn't measure it, but I think it took 2 minutes or so to create each ListView item...
      It is normal that it takes so much time?
      What can I do to improve the creation of the items?

Here's the code I am using to query and to create ListView items...
      ; Articles ListView: Global $lvwArticles = GUICtrlCreateListView("ID|Fornitore|Codice|Descrizione|EU|Prezzo|Sconto Applicato|Note", 14, 87, 1507, 660, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_LISTVIEW,$LVS_SORTASCENDING,$LVS_SORTDESCENDING), BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)) ; Query $strQuery = "SELECT * FROM ARTICOLI;" ; Query Execution _SQLite_GetTable2d($objDatabase, $strQuery, $arrResult, $intRows, $intColumns) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; Cleaning the ListView _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($lvwArticles) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; No records in the Table If UBound($arrResult) < 2 Then ; Error Handling Else _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($lvwArticles) For $intCounter = 1 To UBound($arrResult) - 1 $strListViewItem = $arrResult[$intCounter][0] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][1] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][2] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][3] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][4] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][5] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][6] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][7] $objListViewItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($strListViewItem, $lvwArticles) Next _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($lvwArticles) EndIf EndIf EndIf Thanks in advance

Best Regards.