wakillon

Bitmap2AscII

Chimp

<snip>

Hope you like it ! ;)

​I like it !

Thanks for sharing

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

wakillon

​I like it !

Thanks for sharing

​Thanks.

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

UEZ

I like it, too!  :thumbsup:

My suggestions

1. larger preview size of both picture controls
  2. source image info
  3. real time show of the slider values when moving the slider incl. reset option for each slider instead of whole settings
  4. option to scale the original image when original bitmap is too large
  5. option for colorized char when saving as html
  6. create ASCII animation using GIF images

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

wakillon

Glad you like it ! ;)

Thanks for suggestions, but I would see when I will have more free time.

What about About ?

mLipok

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2018-10-31

UEZ

Regading the About intro - it looks very nice, great effect but the window is too small. If you could double the width it would look much better.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

RTFC

Love it! Brings back memories of the dot matrix printer era (for those of you too young to remember, this was just after the dinosaurs were wiped out)....

Edited by RTFC

wakillon

Regading the About intro - it looks very nice, great effect but the window is too small. If you could double the width it would look much better.

​I agree with you

The problem is GDI is too slow.

With a higher size, text move will be jerky !

wakillon

Love it! Brings back memories of the dot matrix printer era (for those of you too young to remember, this was just after the dinosaurs were wiped out)....

​Thanks, but i'm not so old ! :P

wakillon

I'm glad to hear it.^_^

(Consider yourself lucky that you don't get flashbacks to the days when CPUs were still steam-powered.)

​must I conclude that you are a venerable ancestor ? :lmao:

RTFC

:lol: Well, let me put it this way: I'm never happier than when I'm peeling a banana with my toes. If you feel the same way, we may be distant cousins in evolutionary terms. :D

And apologies for going off-topic. I'll go play some more with your script now...

UEZ

To set  a ESC hotkey isn't good because when I press the ESC key to close another app then this app also closes.

Suggestion:

HotKeySet('{ESC}', 'Hotkey')

Func Hotkey()
    If WinActive($hGui) Then _Exit
EndFunc

Melba23

UEZ & wakillon,

To set  a ESC hotkey isn't good because when I press the ESC key to close another app then this app also closes

That is why GUISetAccelerators was added to the language.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Lakes

The first ASCII "Art" :)

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

trancexx

wakillon, is there any special reason why you have this line of code:

$iColor = '0x' & Hex ( DllStructGetData ( $tPixel, 1, $iRowOffset + $iX ), 6 )

...written like that? Why wouldn't that be simply:

$iColor = DllStructGetData ( $tPixel, 1, $iRowOffset + $iX )

I've seen others doing that too. I have no clue why.

Btw, the other day when I saw you posted this and how you convert the image, I tried to do the same thing with video to see if I could make fluent ASCII art output out of it. If you are interested see the result at https://trancexx.tk/websockets/ (click "Play").
It's available only when I'm on my comp (personal server) and I use websocket to play animation.

Thanks for sharing.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

wakillon

To set  a ESC hotkey isn't good because when I press the ESC key to close another app then this app also closes.

Suggestion:

expandcollapsepopup
HotKeySet('{ESC}', 'Hotkey')

Func Hotkey()
    If WinActive($hGui) Then _Exit
EndFunc

​Yes you are right, it will be changed in the next update.

Thanks.

Ha. Love it :) 

Glad you like it,

Et Mille merci d'avoir créé AutoIt !

UEZ & wakillon,

That is why GUISetAccelerators was added to the language.

M23

​Happy to read you Melba !

Thanks.

The first ASCII "Art" :)

​Thanks.

wakillon, is there any special reason why you have this line of code:

expandcollapsepopup
$iColor = '0x' & Hex ( DllStructGetData ( $tPixel, 1, $iRowOffset + $iX ), 6 )

...written like that? Why wouldn't that be simply:

expandcollapsepopup
$iColor = DllStructGetData ( $tPixel, 1, $iRowOffset + $iX )

I've seen others doing that too. I have no clue why.

Btw, the other day when I saw you posted this and how you convert the image, I tried to do the same thing with video to see if I could make fluent ASCII art output out of it. If you are interested see the result at https://trancexx.tk/websockets/ (click "Play").
It's available only when I'm on my comp (personal server) and I use websocket to play animation.

Thanks for sharing.

​You are right, no need to convert data in hex format.

I have take a look to your AscII Art Video and recognized parts of "Le Cinquième Élément" of Luc Besson.

Do you used some batch converter ?

For sure it would take more time, but may be if you convert image by image (with each his own appropriate settings), quality will be improved.

Nice try ! 

A quand la sortie en salle ? ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      hello Im wondering if it is possible to process image in autoit like this
      1. firstly there is colorfull wallpaper
      2. Fill all colors (exception rose color) - with white
      3. Fill rose color with black color
      I see Gdi functions have things to manipulate images
      https://imgur.com/a/lFdY26g
    • UEZ
      By UEZ
      Here another example to mark the desktop to get the marked region for capturing. This example is not perfect and not very fast (room for improvements).
      ;coded by UEZ build 2018-11-30 beta ;code cleanup up mLipok #include <APISysConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WinAPIGdi.au3> #include <WinAPISysWin.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $__g_hGUI_MarkArea, $__g_hGUI_Bg, $__g_iLabel_TL, $__g_iLabel_TM, $__g_iLabel_TR, $__g_iLabel_LM, $__g_iLabel_RM, $__g_iLabel_BL, $__g_iLabel_BM, _ $__g_iLabel_BR, $__g_iOldCursor, $__g_iW, $__g_iH, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots = 0xFFFFFF, $__g_iBorder = 4, $__g_bSelectionDone = False Global $aRect = _GDIPlus_MarkScreenRegionAnimated() _ArrayDisplay($aRect, "Marked area coordinates") Func _GDIPlus_MarkScreenRegionAnimated($bAnim = True) _GDIPlus_Startup() Local Const $hFullScreen = WinGetHandle("[TITLE:Program Manager;CLASS:Progman]") Local Const $aFullScreen = WinGetPos($hFullScreen) $__g_hGUI_Bg = GUICreate("", $aFullScreen[2], $aFullScreen[3], $aFullScreen[0], $aFullScreen[1], BitOR($WS_CLIPCHILDREN, $WS_POPUP), $WS_EX_TOPMOST) ;to avoid cursor flickering and for proper control read WinSetTrans($__g_hGUI_Bg, "", 0x01) $__g_hGUI_MarkArea = GUICreate("", 1, 1, -1, -1, $bAnim ? $WS_POPUP : BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_BORDER), BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED), $__g_hGUI_Bg) GUISetBkColor(0xABCDEF, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If Not $bAnim Then $__g_iColor_ResizeDots = 0xFF0000 $__g_iLabel_TL = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ;top left GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKSIZE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots) $__g_iLabel_TM = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ;top mid GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKSIZE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots) $__g_iLabel_TR = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ;top right GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKSIZE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots) $__g_iLabel_LM = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ;left mid GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKSIZE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots) $__g_iLabel_RM = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ;right mid GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKSIZE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots) $__g_iLabel_BL = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ;bottom left GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKSIZE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots) $__g_iLabel_BM = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ;bottom mid GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKSIZE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots) $__g_iLabel_BR = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ;bottom right GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKSIZE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $__g_iColor_ResizeDots) GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNA, $__g_hGUI_Bg) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $__g_iOldCursor = MouseGetCursor() GUISetCursor(3, 1, $__g_hGUI_Bg) GUISetCursor(3, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, 0xABCDEF, 0xF0) Local $aMPos, $aPrevMPos[2] = [MouseGetPos(0) + 1, MouseGetPos(1) + 1], $iID, $aCI, $iX, $iY, $aOldWinPos, $aOldMPos, $bMoved Local $aGUIStartPos, $iKey_Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("", $aFullScreen[0] - 10, $aFullScreen[1] - 10, 1, 1), $aAccelKeys[1][2] = [["{ENTER}", $iKey_Exit]] GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys, $__g_hGUI_Bg) GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) #forceref $bMoved Do Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $iKey_Exit If $bAnim Then GUIRegisterMsg($WM_TIMER, "") DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "KillTimer", "hwnd", $__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "uint_ptr", $iID) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_ERASEBKGND, "") EndIf _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Local $aResult = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aResult[2] = WinGetClientSize($__g_hGUI_MarkArea)[0] $aResult[3] = WinGetClientSize($__g_hGUI_MarkArea)[1] GUIDelete($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) GUIDelete($__g_hGUI_Bg) If Not $__g_bSelectionDone Then $aResult = 0 Return $aResult EndSwitch $aMPos = MouseGetPos() If ($aMPos[0] <> $aPrevMPos[0] Or $aMPos[1] <> $aPrevMPos[1]) And (Not $__g_bSelectionDone) Then WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $aMPos[0], $aMPos[1]) $aPrevMPos = $aMPos EndIf $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] And (Not $__g_bSelectionDone) Then $aGUIStartPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $bAnim Then GUIRegisterMsg($WM_ERASEBKGND, "WM_ERASEBKGND") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_TIMER, "PlayBorderAnim") $iID = DllCall("User32.dll", "uint_ptr", "SetTimer", "hwnd", $__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "uint_ptr", 1, "uint", 50, "ptr", 0)[0] EndIf While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aMPos = MouseGetPos() $__g_iW = Abs($aMPos[0] - $aGUIStartPos[0]) + 1 $__g_iH = Abs($aMPos[1] - $aGUIStartPos[1]) + 1 If $aMPos[0] < $aGUIStartPos[0] Then $iX = $aMPos[0] Else $iX = $aGUIStartPos[0] EndIf If $aMPos[1] < $aGUIStartPos[1] Then $iY = $aMPos[1] Else $iY = $aGUIStartPos[1] EndIf WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $iX, $iY, $__g_iW, $__g_iH) UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) WEnd $__g_bSelectionDone = True GUISetCursor(3, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) ElseIf $aCI[3] And $__g_bSelectionDone Then $aGUIStartPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If _WinAPI_PtInRectEx(MouseGetPos(0), MouseGetPos(1), $aGUIStartPos[0], $aGUIStartPos[1], $aGUIStartPos[0] + $aGUIStartPos[2], $aGUIStartPos[1] + $aGUIStartPos[3]) Then $aMPos = MouseGetPos() $aGUIStartPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) While $aCI[3] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $aGUIStartPos[0] - ($aMPos[0] - MouseGetPos(0)), $aGUIStartPos[1] - ($aMPos[1] - MouseGetPos(1)), $__g_iW, $__g_iH) GUISetCursor(0, 1, $__g_hGUI_Bg) GUISetCursor(0, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WEnd GUISetCursor(3, 1, $__g_hGUI_Bg) GUISetCursor(3, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) EndIf EndIf If $__g_bSelectionDone Then $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If @error Then ContinueLoop Switch $aCI[4] Case $__g_iLabel_TL GUISetCursor(12, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] Then $aOldWinPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aOldMPos = MouseGetPos() While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", MouseGetPos(0), MouseGetPos(1), $aOldWinPos[2] + ($aOldMPos[0] - MouseGetPos(0)), $aOldWinPos[3] + ($aOldMPos[1] - MouseGetPos(1))) WEnd UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) EndIf Case $__g_iLabel_BR GUISetCursor(12, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] Then $aOldWinPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aOldMPos = MouseGetPos() While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $aOldWinPos[0], $aOldWinPos[1], $aOldWinPos[2] - ($aOldMPos[0] - MouseGetPos(0)), $aOldWinPos[3] - ($aOldMPos[1] - MouseGetPos(1))) WEnd UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) EndIf Case $__g_iLabel_TR GUISetCursor(10, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] Then $aOldWinPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aOldMPos = MouseGetPos() While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $aOldWinPos[0], MouseGetPos(1), $aOldWinPos[2] - ($aOldMPos[0] - MouseGetPos(0)), $aOldWinPos[3] + ($aOldMPos[1] - MouseGetPos(1))) WEnd UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) EndIf Case $__g_iLabel_BL GUISetCursor(10, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] Then $aOldWinPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aOldMPos = MouseGetPos() While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", MouseGetPos(0), $aOldWinPos[1], $aOldWinPos[2] + ($aOldMPos[0] - MouseGetPos(0)), $aOldWinPos[3] - ($aOldMPos[1] - MouseGetPos(1))) WEnd UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) EndIf Case $__g_iLabel_LM GUISetCursor(13, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] Then $aOldWinPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aOldMPos = MouseGetPos() While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", MouseGetPos(0), $aOldWinPos[1], $aOldWinPos[2] + ($aOldMPos[0] - MouseGetPos(0)), $aOldWinPos[3]) WEnd UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) EndIf Case $__g_iLabel_RM GUISetCursor(13, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] Then $aOldWinPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aOldMPos = MouseGetPos() While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $aOldWinPos[0], $aOldWinPos[1], $aOldWinPos[2] - ($aOldMPos[0] - MouseGetPos(0)), $aOldWinPos[3]) WEnd UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) EndIf Case $__g_iLabel_TM GUISetCursor(11, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] Then $aOldWinPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aOldMPos = MouseGetPos() While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $aOldWinPos[0], MouseGetPos(1), $aOldWinPos[2], $aOldWinPos[3] + ($aOldMPos[1] - MouseGetPos(1))) WEnd UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) EndIf Case $__g_iLabel_BM GUISetCursor(11, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $aCI[2] Then $aOldWinPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) $aOldMPos = MouseGetPos() While $aCI[2] * Sleep(10) $aCI = GUIGetCursorInfo($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) WinMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $aOldWinPos[0], $aOldWinPos[1], $aOldWinPos[2], $aOldWinPos[3] - ($aOldMPos[1] - MouseGetPos(1))) WEnd UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim) EndIf Case Else GUISetCursor(3, 1, $__g_hGUI_MarkArea) EndSwitch EndIf Until False EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_MarkScreenRegionAnimated Func UpdateCtrlPos($bAnim = True) Local Const $aGUIStartPos = WinGetPos($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) If $__g_bSelectionDone And $bAnim Then GUIRegisterMsg($WM_TIMER, "") $__g_iW = $aGUIStartPos[2] $__g_iH = $aGUIStartPos[3] ControlMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $__g_iLabel_TL, 0, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ControlMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $__g_iLabel_TM, ($__g_iW - $__g_iBorder) / 2, 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ControlMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $__g_iLabel_TR, ($__g_iW - $__g_iBorder - $__g_iBorder / 2), 0, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ControlMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $__g_iLabel_LM, 0, ($__g_iH - $__g_iBorder) / 2, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ControlMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $__g_iLabel_RM, ($__g_iW - $__g_iBorder - $__g_iBorder / 2), ($__g_iH - $__g_iBorder) / 2, $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ControlMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $__g_iLabel_BL, 0, ($__g_iH - $__g_iBorder - $__g_iBorder / 2), $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ControlMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $__g_iLabel_BM, ($__g_iW - $__g_iBorder) / 2, ($__g_iH - $__g_iBorder - $__g_iBorder / 2), $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) ControlMove($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, "", $__g_iLabel_BR, ($__g_iW - $__g_iBorder - $__g_iBorder / 2), ($__g_iH - $__g_iBorder - $__g_iBorder / 2), $__g_iBorder, $__g_iBorder) If $__g_bSelectionDone And $bAnim Then GUIRegisterMsg($WM_TIMER, "PlayBorderAnim") EndFunc ;==>UpdateCtrlPos Func PlayBorderAnim() Local $aWinPos = WinGetClientSize($__g_hGUI_MarkArea), $iW = $aWinPos[0], $iH = $aWinPos[1] Local Static $fOffset = 0 Local Const $iSize = $__g_iBorder / 2 Local Const $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($__g_hGUI_MarkArea) Local Const $hHBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $iW, $iH) Local Const $hDC_backbuffer = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) Local Const $DC_obj = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDC_backbuffer, $hHBitmap) Local Const $hCanvas = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHDC($hDC_backbuffer) Local Const $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate(0xFF0178D7, $iSize), $hPen2 = _GDIPlus_PenCreate(0xFFFFFFFF, $iSize), _ $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid(0xFF000000 + $__g_iColor_ResizeDots), $hPen3 = _GDIPlus_PenCreate(0xFF000000) _GDIPlus_PenSetDashStyle($hPen, $GDIP_DASHSTYLEDASHDOT) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($hCanvas, 0xFFABCDEF) ;for faster performance direct dll calls DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen2, "float", 1 + $iSize, "float", 1 + $iSize, "float", $iW - 2 * $iSize - 2, "float", $iH - 2 * $iSize - 2) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipSetPenDashOffset", "handle", $hPen, "float", $fOffset) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen, "float", 1 + $iSize, "float", 1 + $iSize, "float", $iW - 2 * $iSize - 2, "float", $iH - 2 * $iSize - 2) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hBrush, "float", 0, "float", 0, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen3, "float", 0, "float", 0, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hBrush, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) / 2, "float", 0, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen3, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) / 2, "float", 0, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hBrush, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", 0, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen3, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", 0, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hBrush, "float", 0, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) / 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen3, "float", 0, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) / 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hBrush, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) / 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen3, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) / 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hBrush, "float", 0, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen3, "float", 0, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hBrush, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) / 2, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen3, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) / 2, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hBrush, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipDrawRectangle", "handle", $hCanvas, "handle", $hPen3, "float", ($iW - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", ($iH - $__g_iBorder) - 2, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1, "float", $__g_iBorder + 1) _WinAPI_BitBlt($hDC, 0, 0, $iW, $iH, $hDC_backbuffer, 0, 0, $SRCCOPY) $fOffset += 0.5 _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hCanvas) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDC_backbuffer, $DC_obj) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hDC_backbuffer) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, $hDC) _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen) _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen2) _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen3) _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hBrush) EndFunc ;==>PlayBorderAnim Func WM_ERASEBKGND($hWnd, $iMsgm, $wParam, $lParam) ;suppress repainting to avoid flickering but causes some other side effects #forceref $iMsgm, $wParam, $lParam, $hWnd Local Const $hBrush = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBrush(0xEFCDAB) ;BGR format ;~ _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, 0, 0, BitOR($RDW_NOERASE, $RDW_NOCHILDREN, $RDW_NOFRAME, $RDW_VALIDATE)) _WinAPI_SetClassLongEx($__g_hGUI_MarkArea, $GCL_HBRBACKGROUND, $hBrush) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBrush) Return 0 EndFunc ;==>WM_ERASEBKGND  
      Just press the lmb and move your mouse. When lmb is released you can adjust the size of the window by dragging the white rectangle to any direction. Rmb will move the marked area.
      Press ESC to get the coordinates of the marked region.
      If you have any improvements, please post it here.

Tested on Win10 x64 only.

• badcoder123
      By badcoder123
      I was looking around the help file and I came across _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect and _WinAPI_DrawLine and I seem to be having the same "problem" where every time it draws into a window and you lose or gain focus it has to redraw itself. Is there anyway around this? 
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #Include <GDIPlus.au3> _GDIPlus_Startup() Run("notepad.exe") $hWnd = WinWait("Untitled") $hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hWnd) $Color = 0xFFFF0000 $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate($Color, 2) For $i = 1 To 10 _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect($hGraphic, 200, 200, 25 ,25, $hPen) ToolTip($i) Sleep(1000) Next _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hWnd, 0, 0, $RDW_INVALIDATE + $RDW_ALLCHILDREN) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphic) _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen) _GDIPlus_Shutdown()  
    • bhns
      By bhns
      try it for make flyers old games xml + Gdi, i belive many sources had lost 
      AIT-ADRLIST.au3

• mdepot
      By mdepot
      I have a situation where I am repeatedly capturing a region of the screen and feeding it into Tesseract OCR.  Since the OCR is a relatively slow operation, I would like to create an in memory cache of the ocr results.  An ideal hash key for this cache would be a checksum of the captured image.  With this I could capture the region, checksum it, and then only if I don't get a cache hit I would write the image out to disk for external OCR.
      Now I know I can do this by saving the captured image out to disk, and then summing the disk file with _Crypt_HashFile().  But that's still slower than I would like, and it shouldn't be necessary.  Ideally, it should be possible to checksum the image data directly in memory so I don't have to go to disk at all.  In order to do that, I need a way to dump a representation of the image into a string  (or some equivalent).  Then I could use the _Crypt_HashData() function against that string to create my cache hash key.
      Googling around I found an article here that shows a way to convert an image object to a byte array using System.Drawing.  This was the closest thing I found to what I'm trying to do.  I don't know if that method could be used from within AutoIT, or if perhaps there may be a better way I don't know about.  If someone could give me a shove in the right direction it would be a big help.  Thanks!