AutID

Display email on GUI - C#

AutID

Hello,

I am using Lumisoft for a small E-mail project.
Everything is fine until now. I managed most of the things i wanted to achieve.
However not all of them.
I can read the bodytext of the emails but when i display them it is in plain text.
Let me show you.
When i log-in on my email on my browser the email for example is displayed like this: flbvpf.png

When i read it with Lumisoft the body text is returned like this:

[1]: http://i.stack.imgur.com/LalPL.png

However when i read the bodytext and display it in a richtextbox it is, as it is normal, like this:

New comment on your post "Spotify Ads Blocker - The best ad blocker for Spotify"
    https://iblockify.wordpress.com...

Author : jc (removed , removed.dynamic.jazztel.es)
    E-mail : removed@gmail.com

URL    : 
    Whois  : http://whois.arin.net/removed

Comment: 
    I have the same problem with another computer with OS Windows 7 x64 bit, without proxy configuration and with the .Net Framework version 4.5.1

Trash it: https://removed

Spam it: https://removed

You can reply to this comment via email as well, just click the reply button in your email client.

So my question is here;
What is the best solution to display the email and approche the browser's display?
I don't think i can make it 100% similar but there must be a way to make it look better than it is right now... Outlook does it!!!

I am just here for some ideas so bring it on!

mLipok

I know only one solution Chillkat 

You can find there this two example functions:

_Example_5_Unpack_HTML_Email_to_Files()
_EMAIL_html_Viewer_Example()

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2018-03-17

mLipok

Intresting after quick search:

http://chris.dziemborowicz.com/blog/2013/05/11/how-to-convert-eml-files-to-html-using-powershell/

I think It is easy to convert to AutoIt

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2018-03-17

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members,
      I'm trying to move unread mails from Inbox to a different folder using OutlookEx UDF.
      But its not working for me. I'm not sure what mistake I do.
      I get the error code 6 when the following is executed. From the UDF it is observed that  "No or an invalid item has been specified".
      Note : The UDF version is 1.3.3.1. AutoIt version (v3.3.14.2).
      #include <OutlookEX.au3> Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open() If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) Global $aOL_Item = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Inbox", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "Subject", "", 1) If $aOL_Item[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove Example Script", "Could not find a task item in folder 'Outlook-UDF-Test\SourceFolder\Tasks'. @error = " & @error) _ArrayDisplay($aOL_Item, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script - Unread mails") _OL_ItemMove($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test\TargetFolder\Mail") If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove Example Script", "Error moving specified task. @error = " & @error) Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      Thanks and regards,
      Gowrisankar R.
    • IgImAx
      By IgImAx
      Hi

UPDATED Notes: ===============================================================================
      UPDATED: My main and second questions answered. Here the answers:
      To add/access WinMenuSelectItem you need to [Thanks to Fernando_Marinho]: Add AutoItX.Dotnet in Manage NuGet Packages Right Click in your Project -> Add -> Reference... -> COM ( Type Libraries )than, check the option AutoItX3 1.0 Type Library  using AutoItX3Lib; AutoItX3 au3 = new AutoItX3(); au3.WinMenuSelectItem("", ...) My full source code in C# exists in 11 posts in below. How to access those overloaded methods in AutoitX3 that are not accessible via above method!? Or how to fix AutoitX3 DLL Registration need in target computers without Autoit pre-installed on them!? Please check my post at 14 posts below!
      =============================================================================== Original Post:

I was writing a small app in Autoit to close µTorrent app. It was working. Then I try to import AutoItX into C#, but unfortunately this method
      WinMenuSelectItem Couldn't find by IntelliSense and If I typed completely it still give me this message:
      Please check the image. I Google it and I found this QA at stackoverflow: Autoit error within C# application I saw they use this line:
      au = new AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3Class(); I figure it how to add 'AutoItX3Lib' to project (by adding 'AutoItX3.dll' to reference) but again! When I use this line:
      var au = new AutoItX3Class(); I got this error message: Interop type 'AutoItX3Class' cannot be embedded. Use the applicable interface instead.
      My system info:
      Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise - v15.5.4
      X64 Windows 10 Enterprise 1607
      Thanks in advanced
      IgImAx

• NHD
      By NHD
      [Sorry, I'm not good English]

Wi3SMenu UDF v1.0:
      Create a slide menu with win 10 style. Supports color, icon and opacity. Work fine with AutoIt v3 GUI and WinAPI GUI. Fast, easy and high performance. Note: Opacity only work in Windows 8 later.
      Download: Wi3SMenuUDF.zip
      Demo:

• gf100
      By gf100
      Newbie. I am writing a script that requires me to reference the TO:, FROM:, BCC, SUBJECT, BODY of a new email that's being composed.  I need to go directly to these location and work with them.  Is there anyway to detect these in AUTOIT for the present gmail client screen without knowing its resolution and text size?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
    • JLogan3o13
      By JLogan3o13
      Not one usually to post non-AutoIt things, but as I have this question on StackExchange I thought I would throw it up here as well for any of our C# folks:
      I currently have an AutoIt GUI that calls a powershell script; the intent is to allow low-level technicians to batch create VMs in vSphere. Due to some changes in requirements from the customer, I am re-writing as a wpf app. The app itself is complete and working; this is more of a curiosity question.
      I have two methods attached to buttons on the GUI - one to pull all the data out of a listview and export to csv and another to do the reverse; importing from csv to the listview element. I wrote the export first, and went with manipulating the Excel application:
      private void Launch(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) { Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application oExcel = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application(); oExcel.Visible = true; Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook oWorkBook = oExcel.Workbooks.Add(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlSheetType.xlWorksheet); Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet oSheet = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet)oExcel.ActiveSheet; int row = 2; //allow for header row int column = 1; oSheet.Cells[1, 1] = "Name"; oSheet.Cells[1, 2] = "CPU"; oSheet.Cells[1, 3] = "RAM"; oSheet.Cells[1, 4] = "IP Address"; oSheet.Cells[1, 5] = "Subnet Mask"; oSheet.Cells[1, 6] = "Port Group"; oSheet.Cells[1, 7] = "Default Gateway"; oSheet.Cells[1, 8] = "DNS"; oSheet.Cells[1, 9] = "Description"; oSheet.Cells[1, 10] = "Template"; oSheet.Cells[1, 11] = "Host"; oSheet.Cells[1, 12] = "Site"; oSheet.Cells[1, 13] = "Folder"; oSheet.Cells[1, 14] = "DataStore"; oSheet.Cells[1, 15] = "Patch Method"; oSheet.Cells[1, 16] = "HDD1Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 17] = "HDD1Format"; oSheet.Cells[1, 18] = "HDD2Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 19] = "HDD2Format"; oSheet.Cells[1, 20] = "HDD3Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 21] = "HDD3Format"; oSheet.Cells[1, 22] = "HDD4Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 23] = "HDD4Format"; oSheet.Cells[1, 24] = "HDD5Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 25] = "HDD5Format"; foreach (var oVM in MyItems) { oSheet.Cells[row, column] = oVM.Name; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 1)] = oVM.CPU; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 2)] = oVM.RAM; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 3)] = oVM.IP; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 4)] = oVM.Subnet; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 5)] = oVM.PortGroup; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 6)] = oVM.Gateway; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 7)] = oVM.DNS; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 8)] = oVM.Description; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 9)] = oVM.Template; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 10)] = oVM.Host; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 11)] = oVM.Site; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 12)] = oVM.Folder; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 13)] = oVM.Datastore; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 14)] = oVM.Patch; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 15)] = oVM.HDD1Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 16)] = oVM.HDD1Format; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 17)] = oVM.HDD2Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 18)] = oVM.HDD2Format; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 19)] = oVM.HDD3Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 20)] = oVM.HDD3Format; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 21)] = oVM.HDD4Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 22)] = oVM.HDD4Format; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 23)] = oVM.HDD5Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 24)] = oVM.HDD5Format; row++; } oExcel.Application.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory) + "\\example", 6); } It works, but it is slow. I have Excel set to visible for testing, and it is a good 6 or 7 seconds on a pretty high end box before the app even pops up.  It then takes another 2 seconds to populate 11 rows (this could be in the hundreds of rows at some point).
      I then wrote the code for the reverse, and decided to try a StreamReader object. The result, surprisingly, was almost immediate:
      OpenFileDialog xls = new OpenFileDialog(); xls.Multiselect = false; xls.Filter = "CSV files (*.csv)|*.csv"; xls.InitialDirectory = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory); xls.ShowDialog(); string ins; if (xls.FileName != null) { FileStream srcFS; srcFS = new FileStream(xls.FileName, FileMode.Open); StreamReader srcSR = new StreamReader(srcFS, System.Text.Encoding.Default); do { ins = srcSR.ReadLine(); if (ins != null) { string[] parts = ins.Split(','); MyItems.Add(new MyItem { Name = parts[0], CPU = parts[1], RAM = parts[2], IP = parts[3], Subnet = parts[4], PortGroup = parts[5], Gateway = parts[6], DNS = parts[7], Description = parts[8], Template = parts[9], Host = parts[10], Site = parts[11], Folder = parts[12], Datastore = parts[13], Patch = parts[14], HDD1Size = parts[15], HDD1Format = parts[16], HDD2Size = parts[17], HDD2Format = parts[18], HDD3Size = parts[19], HDD3Format = parts[20], HDD4Size = parts[21], HDD4Format = parts[22], HDD5Size = parts[23], HDD5Format = parts[24] }); } } while (ins != null); srcSR.Close(); } }  
      So, I thought I would go back and change the export to use the same method:
      FileStream srcFS; srcFS = new FileStream(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory) + "\\testingout.csv", FileMode.CreateNew, FileAccess.Write); StreamWriter srcWrt = new StreamWriter(srcFS, System.Text.Encoding.Default); StringBuilder header = new StringBuilder(); header.Append("Name").Append(',') .Append("CPU").Append(',') .Append("RAM").Append(',') .Append("IP Address").Append(',') .Append("Port Group").Append(',') .Append("Default Gateway").Append(',') .Append("DNS").Append(',') .Append("Description").Append(',') .Append("Template").Append(',') .Append("Host").Append(',') .Append("Site").Append(',') .Append("Folder").Append(',') .Append("Datastore").Append(',') .Append("Patch").Append(',') .Append("HDD1Size").Append(',') .Append("HDD1Format").Append(',') .Append("HDD2Size").Append(',') .Append("HDD2Format").Append(',') .Append("HDD3Size").Append(',') .Append("HDD3Format").Append(',') .Append("HDD4Size").Append(',') .Append("HDD4Format").Append(',') .Append("HDD5Size").Append(',') .Append("HDDFormat").Append(','); srcWrt.WriteLine(header); foreach (MyItem item in MyItems) { StringBuilder builder = new StringBuilder(); builder.Append(item.Name).Append(',') .Append(item.CPU).Append(',') .Append(item.RAM).Append(',') .Append(item.IP).Append(',') .Append(item.Subnet).Append(',') .Append(item.PortGroup).Append(',') .Append(item.Gateway).Append(',') .Append(item.DNS).Append(',') .Append(item.Description).Append(',') .Append(item.Template).Append(',') .Append(item.Host).Append(',') .Append(item.Site).Append(',') .Append(item.Folder).Append(',') .Append(item.Datastore).Append(',') .Append(item.Patch).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD1Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD1Format).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD2Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD2Format).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD3Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD3Format).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD4Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD4Format).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD5Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD5Format); srcWrt.WriteLine(builder); } MessageBox.Show("Task Complete"); What surprised me is this method is exponentially slower; on the order of 40 seconds to return the MsgBox. I also noticed that even though the loop is complete and shows the message, is seems the stream is still writing. If I open the file too quickly it shows that it is still in use by "Another User". So by the time the file is available to me it is actually closer to a minute for an 11-line csv.
      I'm just curious at the difference in speed read vs write using FileStream. Is it something I borked on implementation (eminently possible) or is this a known issue? If interacting with Excel is the way to go (not ideal) is there something I could do to shorten the initial lag?