[Solved] Error allocating memory for a 6 MB file

46 minutes ago, LarsJ said:

If you need the footer only, then read the file from the end.

This only works for text files which you can read line by line. I'm not sure this is possible in this case. Not enough info provided by the OP.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Open the file in suitable read mode (binary or text). FileSetPos at FileGetSize - <suitable footer length> then read to end.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

10 hours ago, jchd said:

<suitable footer length>

The footer length is variable, that is why I iterate.

I would be happy to provide more info, don't hesitate to ask ;)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Which application creates this files? Doesn't this application provide an API something similar to extract the needed information?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@water I made the application which creates the files :P

It basically uses 7zip to create a archive and then appends a footer to it.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

As the problem is already solved what are you after now? Performance, reliability of your code?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Just now, water said:

As the problem is already solved what are you after now?

Nothing. I am just answering your question :P

lol :lol:

No, in post #9 you asked

Any suggestions? :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes, I did ask but I also quoted:

lot of overhead to check a 6MB file

You recommend to:

read the file in one go.

Then I said:

I normally process larger files, this was tiny compared to them

Then you said:

Ah, new information.

Then I thought that it was over (as reading a big file in one go would cause problems). Clear now? :)

Fine. I'm out now :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

IIRC 7zip header contains the archive size.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

To read the file from the end use similar code as in first post. To start from the end the calculations of the file position must be a little different but the principle is the same.

If you'll post a test file, I'll post some code.

The code from post #1 is quite fine (except from a few modifications I would make as I posted above). What I really would change is the number of bytes to read with FileRead.
When the code steps backward in chunks of 1024 Bytes then I would read 1024 Byte + (length of the word to search for) - 1 ("Test" in this case). So you would find the word even when it spreads over two chunks.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

14 hours ago, LarsJ said:

If you'll post a test file, I'll post some code.

I am not sure if it is a good idea... it violates one of the forum's rules (but it is not related to computer virus)

4 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

I am not sure if it is a good idea... it violates one of the forum's rules (but it is not related to computer virus)

Then why create unethical applications?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

@guinness Its not unethical, it just violates one of the rules... a rule which is not common on all other forums. I am not willing to say it out loud, unless someone can guarantee that this thread won't get locked if I point out the rule.

Alright, I got permission from M23 :D

The "rule" I was referring to was interaction with games. Since my script does not directly interact with the game, Melba gave me the permission to post :D

@LarsJ Here is a sample file to parse: https://www.dropjiffy.com/f/1WBYNWWO (expires in 24 hours)

The footer's beginning is marked with "MCMap!" & ending with "MCEnd."

bbe86a4422a775e3c9677bbe9a0d93e0.png

TD :D

I rarely answer post related to games but this thread has gone a bit far for what it's worth.

#include <FileConstants.au3>

Local Const $7zHeaderSize = 32
Local $filename = "C:\Users\jc\Downloads\testing.mcmap"
Local $filehdl = FileOpen($filename, $FO_BINARY)
Local $fileheader = FileRead($filehdl, $7zHeaderSize)
If BinaryMid($fileheader, 1, 6) <> Binary('0x377ABCAF271C') Then
    MsgBox(0, '', 'File is not a 7z archive')
    Exit
EndIf
Local $blockheader = DllStructCreate("byte[" & $7zHeaderSize & "]")
DllStructSetData($blockheader, 1, $fileheader)
Local $header = DllStructCreate("align 1;byte tag[6];byte major;byte minor;uint crc1;uint64 offset;uint64 size;uint crc2", DllStructGetPtr($blockheader))
FileSetPos($filehdl, DllStructGetData($header, 'offset') + DllStructGetData($header, 'size'), $FILE_CURRENT)
Local $sTrailer = BinaryToString(FileRead($filehdl))
ConsoleWrite($sTrailer)

Details taken from http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/BJOERN/Compress-Deflate7-1.0/7zip/DOC/7zFormat.txt

@jchd Marvelous! You made my day! :thumbsup:

But that is too complicated for me to understand :shocked:... it works though :D

Edited by TheDcoder