Queener

Retreiving data from SQL

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Using the MSSQL.udf

I asked this question once, but haven't had a chance to reply to my old post so posting a new one instead of bouncing the old post.

I'm trying to retrieve data from my database in Microsoft SQL Server 2014. When I tried the code below; empty message box return and no error approaches.

$Connection = _MSSQL_Con($ServerAddress, $ServerUsername, $ServerPassword, $ServerDBName)
    $Testquery = _MSSQL_Query($Connection, "SELECT User_ID From Banker where Manager like '%Jason%'")
    msgbox(0, "Test", $Testquery)
    exit
Edited by Queener

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

#2 ·  Posted

Try my ADO.au3 in my signature.

1 person likes this

NEW:     ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Last update: 2016-11-12
Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft Components * TeamViewer API -UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAPPOP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * WinSCP UDF *

My contribution to others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities *

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

#3 ·  Posted

Tried and getting error:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\ADO.au3" (769) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$oConnection.Open($sConnectionString)
$oConnection^ ERROR

Could it possibly be the DSN because I used the default on your example.

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

#4 ·  Posted

Show how You tried.

NEW:     ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft Components * TeamViewer API -UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAPPOP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * WinSCP UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities *

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

I got it to work with this:

$sprovider= "sqloledb.1"
$sServer = "Queener\SQLEXPRESS"
$sUser = "sa"
$sPassword = "9999"
$sDatabase = "Bankz"

Local $sConnectionString = 'provider=' & $sprovider & ';SERVER=' & $sServer & ';UID=' & $sUser & ';PWD=' & $sPassword & '; initial catalog=' & $sDatabase
Edited by Queener

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

This snippet do not show how you use any functions.
CN string looks ok.

Edited by mLipok

Spoiler

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• S0lidFr0st
      SQL Query Manipulation
      By S0lidFr0st
      Hello! I'm fairly new to using Autoit, I like the language and simplicity, however, there is a bit of a learning curve for me. I'm stuck and need some community help!
      I need to manipulate a query by using GUICtrlCreateDate to select the correct date and pipe the selected date into my actual query in a specific format (yyyymmdd).
      Here is an example:
      _Flag_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, "select * from trips_to_complete_20161122 where trip_type in ('P','C') and trip_status in ('S','PC','DC') and Flagged = 1") Func _Flag_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, $sQUERY) ; Create connection object Local $oConnection = _ADO_Connection_Create() ; Open connection with $sConnectionString _ADO_Connection_OpenConString($oConnection, $sConnectionString) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $ADO_RET_FAILURE) ; Executing some query directly to Array of Arrays (instead to $oRecordset) Local $aRecordset = _ADO_Execute($oConnection, $sQUERY, True) ; Clean Up _ADO_Connection_Close($oConnection) $oConnection = Null ; Display Array Content with column names as headers _ADO_Recordset_Display($aRecordset, 'Recordset content') EndFunc ;==>_Flag_RecordsetDisplay The part of the query that needs modified is "trips_to_complete_20161122" I need to be able to select a date (via the gui) and that selection pipe into my query.  

Thanks in Advanced!
    • Aphotic
      Simple SQL Query Tool
      By Aphotic
      Hey Guys,
      I've been using AutoIT for about 3 years now, lurking the forums, scouring documentation, and creating things relevant to my job function.
      I work entry level IT and utilizing AutoIT has earned me much respect in the workplace. I made my first application on the level of sharing with the community that has no relevance to my company other than the data that is used with it.
      Our tech's were using development software to make simple pre-written queries. I was made aware of the process in order to assist in automating it. We found that the software they were using was being sunset in our environment so they'd need a replacement; and upon me realizing that they only needed a simple query tool, decided to 'homegrow' a simple app and save some hefty licensing fees.
      I built in some versatility to the SQL database you can connect to but it is only tested working with a Sybase 15 system (note the example connection string).
      I'd love to hear some suggestions and critique. I'm sure there are some editing functionalities that I could implement into the query edit box that I haven't bothered looking at. (other than CTRA+A to select all)

Thanks guys!
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Crypt.au3> #include <Date.au3> $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc") Local $unique = "SQL-Query-Tool" ;TO ALLOW ONLY ONE INSTANCE OF THE TOOL If WinExists($unique) Then MsgBox(0,'Duplicate Process', 'This script is already running....' & @CRLF & "If the window is not visible, terminate the process from Task Manager" & @CRLF & 'This instance will terminate after clicking OK') Exit EndIf AutoItWinSetTitle($unique) Local $fResized = False, $GUIs, $temp, $Qlist[0][3], $x, $selQ[2], $guics[4] Local $conName, $conStr, $conPW, $selC, $selConn, $sqlErr Local $fh Local $readme = "You may delete this entry if desired once other ." & @CRLF & _ "Although it is prefaced with 'zz' for sorting" & @CRLF & _ @CRLF & _ "-Select a Query from the drop-down" & @CRLF & _ "-Note: changing selection will not lose" & @CRLF & _ " changes made during this session" & @CRLF & _ "-Click Run Query to produce results" & @CRLF & _ @CRLF & _ "-Select from 'Query Options' to create new," & @CRLF & _ " edit name, save, and delete queries" & @CRLF & _ @CRLF & _ "-Click 'Connection Settings' to change" & @CRLF & _ " server settings" $conName = IniReadSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Name") If @error = 1 Then DirCreate(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\") IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Name", "1", "Connection_Name_Placeholder") IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-String", "1", "Connection_String_Placeholder") IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Password", "1", "Connection_Password_Placeholder") EndIf $selConn = IniRead(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Selected", "Number", "Placeholder") If $selConn = "Placeholder" Then DirCreate(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\") IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Selected", "Number", "1") $selConn = 1 EndIf $temp = _FileListToArray(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\") If @error = 1 Or @error = 4 Then DirCreate(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\") FileWrite(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\zz_Readme.txt", $readme) $temp = _FileListToArray(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\") EndIf QueryLoad(False) $selQ[0] = $Qlist[1][0] Local $GUI = GUICreate("Simple SQL Query Tool", 260, 320, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_MINIMIZEBOX));, @DesktopWidth-275, @DesktopHeight-500) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, 'MY_WM_SIZE') Local $querysel = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 5, 5, 155, 25, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) GUICtrlSetData($querysel, $Qlist[0][1], $Qlist[1][0]) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 552) Local $queryopt = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Query Options", 165, 5, 90, 20, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) GUICtrlSetData($queryopt, "Save to File|New|Edit Name|Delete|Open Query Folder") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 552) Local $tab = GUICtrlCreateTab(5, 35, 235, 200) $qtab = GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" Query ") Local $query = GuiCtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 60, 240, 170) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, 0, 0, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetData($query, $Qlist[1][1]) $rtab = GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" Results ") Local $result = GuiCtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 80, 240, 150) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, 0, 0, "Lucida Console") Local $status = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Last Ran: None", 15, 62, 500) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) GUICtrlCreateTabItem("") Local $run = GUICtrlCreateButton("Run Query", 5, 270, 130, 25) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 584) Local $settings = GUICtrlCreateButton("Connection Settings", 140, 270, 115, 25) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 584) Local $consel = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 5, 5, 390, 25, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $newc = GUICtrlCreateButton("New", 400, 5, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $edic = GUICtrlCreateButton("Edit", 445, 5, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $delc = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete", 490, 5, 40, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $test = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test Connection", 540, 5, 95, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $return = GUICtrlCreateButton("Return to Query", 640, 5, 95, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $divider = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",-5,30,760,3,BitOR($SS_SUNKEN,$WS_BORDER)) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $cnamel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Connection Name:", 15, 45) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $cname = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 110, 41, 200, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $cstringl = GUICtrlCreateLabel(" Connection String" & @CRLF & _ "Replace your password with *PW*. For example:" & @CRLF & _ "Provider=ASEOLEDB;User ID=-USERID-;Password=*PW*;Data Source=-SERVER-:-PORT-;Initial Catalog=-DatabaseName-" & @CRLF & _ "If you need assistance with your specific connection string try using: https://www.connectionstrings.com/", 5, 70, 740, 60) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $cstring = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 125, 725, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $pwl = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password:", 10, 165) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $pw = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 65, 161, 340, 20, BitOR($ES_PASSWORD, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $savc = GUICtrlCreateButton("Save", 480, 161, 100, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Local $canc = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 600, 161, 100, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, 802) Guimod("SETTINGS", $GUI_HIDE+1) GuiMod('SETTINGS-ENTRY', $GUI_DISABLE) $selC = $selConn GuiMod('RELOAD-CON') Local $hSelAll = GUICtrlCreateDummy() Dim $AccelKeys[1][2] = [["^a", $hSelAll]] GUISetAccelerators($AccelKeys, $GUI) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $nMsg While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg ;Checks if a button has been pressed Case $querysel $selQ[1] = GUICtrlRead($querysel) If $selQ[0] <> $selQ[1] Then QuerySelect() GUICtrlSetState($qtab, $GUI_SHOW) Case $queryopt Switch GUICtrlRead($queryopt) Case "Save to File" $fh = FileOpen(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\" & GuiCtrlRead($querysel) & ".txt", 2) FileWrite($fh, GuiCtrlRead($query)) $Qlist[_ArraySearch($Qlist, GuiCtrlRead($querysel), 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)][1] = GuiCtrlRead($query) $Qlist[_ArraySearch($Qlist, GuiCtrlRead($querysel), 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)][2] = False GUICtrlSetData($qtab, " Query ") Case "New" $temp = InputBox("New Query Name","Enter a name for your new query." & @CRLF & "Please be aware only letters, numbers, underscores, and spaces are allowed." & @CRLF & "Symbols will be removed.", "", "", Default, Default, Default, Default, 0, $GUI) $temp = StringRegExpReplace($temp, "[^A-Za-z0-9 _]", "") If $temp <> "" And _ArraySearch($Qlist, $temp, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0) = -1 Then FileWriteLine(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\" & $temp & ".txt", "--First Line Placeholder") QueryLoad() GUICtrlSetData($querysel, "") GUICtrlSetData($querysel, $QList[0][1], $temp) $selQ[1] = GUICtrlRead($querysel) If $selQ[0] <> $selQ[1] Then QuerySelect() Else MsgBox(0,'Invalid Input','Invalid name entered. (Symbols and Duplicate Names are not allowed)', 0, $GUI) EndIf Case "Edit Name" $temp = InputBox("Edit Query name","Enter a new name for your query." & @CRLF & "Please be aware only letters, numbers, underscores, and spaces are allowed." & @CRLF & "Symbols will be removed.", GuiCtrlRead($querysel)) $temp = StringRegExpReplace($temp, "[^A-Za-z0-9 _]", "") If $temp <> "" And _ArraySearch($Qlist, $temp, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0) = -1 Then FileMove(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\" & GuiCtrlRead($querysel) & ".txt", @AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\" & $temp & ".txt") $selQ[0] = $temp QueryLoad() GUICtrlSetData($querysel, "") GUICtrlSetData($querysel, $QList[0][1], $temp) $selQ[1] = GUICtrlRead($querysel) If $selQ[0] <> $selQ[1] Then QuerySelect() Else MsgBox(0,'Invalid Input','Invalid name entered. (Symbols and Duplicate Names are not allowed)', 0, $GUI) EndIf Case "Delete" If UBound($Qlist) = 2 Then MsgBox(0,'Deletion Error','You may not delete the only saved query', 0, $GUI) Else If MsgBox(4, 'Confirm Deletion', "Are you sure you want to delete the query named: " & @CRLF & GUICtrlRead($querysel), 0, $GUI) = 6 Then FileDelete(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\" & GuiCtrlRead($querysel) & ".txt") QueryLoad() GUICtrlSetData($querysel, "") GUICtrlSetData($querysel, $QList[0][1], $Qlist[1][0]) $selQ[1] = GUICtrlRead($querysel) $selQ[0] = $selQ[1] GUICtrlSetData($query, $Qlist[1][1]) EndIf EndIf Case "Open Query Folder" ShellExecute(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\") EndSwitch GUICtrlSetData($queryopt, 'Query Options', 'Query Options') Case $run GuiMod("RUNNING", $GUI_DISABLE) ToolTip("Executing SQL query, please wait...") $sqlCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection") $sqlCon.Mode = 16 ; shared $sqlCon.CursorLocation = 3 ; client side cursor Local $connString = StringReplace(GuiCtrlRead($cstring), "*PW*", GuiCtrlRead($pw)) $sqlCon.Open($connString) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Fail", "Failed to connect to the database") Else $sqlCon.CommandTimeout = 60 GUICtrlSetData($result, ProcessQuery(GuiCtrlRead($query))) GUICtrlSetState($rtab , $GUI_SHOW) GuiCtrlSetData($status, "Last Ran: " & GuiCtrlRead($querysel) & " - " & StringRight(_NowCalc(), 8)) EndIf ToolTip("") GuiMod("RUNNING", $GUI_ENABLE) Case $settings ToolTip("Loading...") $selC = $selConn GuiMod('MAIN', $GUI_HIDE) GuiMod('RELOAD-CON') GuiMod('SETTINGS', $GUI_SHOW) ToolTip("") Case $consel If GUICtrlRead($consel) <> $selC Then $selC = _ArraySearch($conName, GUICtrlRead($consel), 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1) GUICtrlSetData($cname, $conName[$selC][1]) GUICtrlSetData($cString, $conStr[$selC][1]) GUICtrlSetData($pw, StringEncrypt(False, $conPW[$selC][1])) $selC = GUICtrlRead($consel) EndIf Case $newc GuiMod('SETTINGS-SELECT', $GUI_DISABLE) GuiMod('SETTINGS-ENTRY', $GUI_ENABLE) GuiCtrlSetData($consel, '*New-Connection-Entry*', '*New-Connection-Entry*') GuiCtrlSetData($cname, '') GuiCtrlSetData($cString, '') GuiCtrlSetData($pw, '') $selC = -1 Case $edic GuiMod('SETTINGS-SELECT', $GUI_DISABLE) GuiMod('SETTINGS-ENTRY', $GUI_ENABLE) $selC = GUICtrlRead($consel) _ArrayDisplay($conName, "2") $selC = _ArraySearch($conName, $selC, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1) GuiCtrlSetData($cname, $conName[$selC][1]) $conName[$selC][1] &= "*" GuiCtrlSetData($cString, $conStr[$selC][1]) GuiCtrlSetData($pw, StringEncrypt(False, $conPW[$selC][1])) Case $delc If UBound($conName) = 2 Then MsgBox(0,'Error','You can not delete the only connection setting.', 0, $GUI) Else $selC = GuiCtrlRead($consel) If MsgBox(4, 'Confirm Deletion', 'Are you sure you want to delete the connection: ' & $selC, 0, $GUI) = 6 Then ToolTip('Loading...') $selC = _ArraySearch($conName, $selC, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1) $conName[$selC][1] = '*!*BLANK*!*' $conStr[$selC][1] = '*!*BLANK*!*' $conPW[$selC][1] = '*!*BLANK*!*' IniWriteSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Name", $conName) IniWriteSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-String", $conStr) IniWriteSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Password", $conPW) GuiMod('RELOAD-CON') ToolTip('') EndIf EndIf Case $savc If GuiCtrlRead($cname) = "" Or _ArraySearch($conName, GuiCtrlRead($cname), 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1) > -1 Then MsgBox(0,'Invalid Input',"You can't have a blank connection name or two connections with the same name", 0, $GUI) Else ToolTip("Loading...") If $selC = -1 Then For $i = 1 To UBound($conName)-1 If $conName[$i][1] = '*!*BLANK*!*' Then $selC = $i $conName[$i][1] = GuiCtrlRead($cname) $conStr[$i][1] = GuiCtrlRead($cstring) $conPW[$i][1] = StringEncrypt(True, GuiCtrlRead($pw)) ExitLoop ElseIf $i = UBound($conName)-1 Then $selC = UBound($conName) _ArrayAdd($conName, UBound($conName) & "|" & GuiCtrlRead($cname)) _ArrayAdd($conStr, UBound($conStr) & "|" & GuiCtrlRead($cstring)) _ArrayAdd($conPW, UBound($conPW) & "|" & StringEncrypt(True, GuiCtrlRead($pw))) EndIf Next Else $conName[$selC][1] = GuiCtrlRead($cname) $conStr[$selC][1] = GuiCtrlRead($cstring) $conPW[$selC][1] = StringEncrypt(True, GuiCtrlRead($pw)) EndIf IniWriteSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Name", $conName) IniWriteSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-String", $conStr) IniWriteSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Password", $conPW) GuiMod('SETTINGS-SELECT', $GUI_ENABLE) GuiMod('SETTINGS-ENTRY', $GUI_DISABLE) GuiMod('RELOAD-CON') ToolTip('') EndIf Case $canc ToolTip("Loading...") GuiMod('SETTINGS-SELECT', $GUI_ENABLE) GuiMod('SETTINGS-ENTRY', $GUI_DISABLE) GuiMod('RELOAD-CON') ToolTip('') Case $test $sqlCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection") $sqlCon.Mode = 16 ; shared $sqlCon.CursorLocation = 3 ; client side cursor Local $connString = StringReplace(GuiCtrlRead($cstring), "*PW*", GuiCtrlRead($pw)) $sqlCon.Open($connString) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Fail", "Failed to connect to the database") Else MsgBox(0, "Success", "Successfully connected to the database") EndIf Case $return $selConn = _ArraySearch($conName, $selC, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1) IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Selected", "Number", $selConn) GuiMod('SETTINGS', $GUI_HIDE) GuiMod('MAIN', $GUI_SHOW) Case $hSelAll _SelectAllTextInEdit() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch If $fResized Then GuiMod('RESIZE') $fResized = False EndIf If $guics[0] = True Then _Input_Check($cname) WEnd Func QuerySelect() Local $oldp = _ArraySearch($Qlist, $selQ[0], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0) Local $old = GuiCtrlRead($query) If $Qlist[$oldp][1] <> $old Then $Qlist[$oldp][1] = $old $Qlist[$oldp][2] = True EndIf Local $newp = _ArraySearch($Qlist, $selQ[1], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0) GUICtrlSetData($query, $Qlist[$newp][1]) $selQ[0] = $selQ[1] If $Qlist[$newp][2] = False Then GUICtrlSetData($qtab, " Query ") Else GUICtrlSetData($qtab, " Query (unsaved) ") EndIf EndFunc Func QueryLoad($reload = True) Local $qFiles = _FileListToArray(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\") Local $tQlist[UBound($qFiles)][3] Local $selT $tQlist[0][0] = $qFiles[0] $tQlist[0][1] = "" For $i = 1 To $tQlist[0][0] $tQlist[$i][0] = StringTrimRight($qFiles[$i], 4) If $reload Then $selT = _ArraySearch($Qlist, $tQlist[$i][0], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0) If $selT > -1 Then $tQlist[$i][1] = $Qlist[$selT][1] $tQlist[$i][2] = $Qlist[$selT][2] Else $tQlist[$i][1] = FileRead(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\" & $qFiles[$i]) $tQlist[$i][2] = False EndIf Else $tQlist[$i][1] = FileRead(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\Saved-Queries\" & $qFiles[$i]) $tQlist[$i][2] = False EndIf $tQlist[0][1] &= StringTrimRight($qFiles[$i], 4) If $i < $tQlist[0][0] Then $tQlist[0][1] &= "|" Next $Qlist = $tQlist EndFunc Func ProcessQuery($input) Local $resultO = $sqlCon.Execute($input) If Not @error Then Local $resultT = "" Local $recordE = 0 Local $resultA[2][0] Local $i, $z While $recordE = 0 and IsObj($resultO) Redim $resultA[2][0] For $oField In $resultO.Fields Redim $resultA[2][UBound($resultA, 2)+1] $resultA[1][UBound($resultA, 2)-1] = $oField.Name Next ReDim $resultA[UBound($resultA)+1][UBound($resultA, 2)] While Not $resultO.EOF ReDim $resultA[UBound($resultA)+1][UBound($resultA, 2)] $i = 0 For $oField in $resultO.Fields $resultA[UBound($resultA)-1][$i] = StringStripWS(StringStripWS($oField.Value, 1), 2) $i += 1 Next $resultO.MoveNext WEnd For $i = 0 To UBound($resultA, 2)-1 $z = 0 For $x = 1 To UBound($resultA)-1 If StringLen($resultA[$x][$i]) > $z Then $z = StringLen($resultA[$x][$i]) Next $resultA[0][$i] = $z Next For $i = 0 To UBound($resultA, 2)-1 $z = "" For $x = 1 To $resultA[0][$i] + 4 $z &= "-" Next $resultA[2][$i] = $z Next For $x = 1 To UBound($resultA)-1 For $i = 0 To UBound($resultA, 2)-1 $resultT &= $resultA[$x][$i] For $z = StringLen($resultA[$x][$i]) To $resultA[0][$i] + 4 $resultT &= " " Next Next $resultT &= @CRLF Next $resultT &= @CRLF & "Total Lines Returned: " & UBound($resultA)-3 & @CRLF $resultT &= "__________________________________________________________" & @CRLF & @CRLF & @CRLF $resultO = $resultO.NextRecordset $recordE = @error WEnd $resultO.Close Else Local $resultT = $sqlErr EndIf Return $resultT EndFunc Func GuiMod($action, $toggle = 0) Switch $action Case 'RESIZE' If ($GUIs[2] < 266 or $GUIs[3] < 306) And $guics[0] = False Then WinMove($GUI, '', $GUIs[0], $GUIs[1], 276, 336) GUICtrlSetPos($tab, 5, 35, $GUIs[2] - 25, $GUIs[3] - 106) GUICtrlSetPos($query, 10, 60, $GUIs[2] - 36, $GUIs[3] - 136) GUICtrlSetPos($result, 10, 80, $GUIs[2] - 36, $GUIs[3] - 156) GUICtrlSetPos($result, 10, 80) Case 'MAIN' GUICtrlSetState($querysel, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($queryopt, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($tab, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($query, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($result, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($status, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($run, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($settings, $toggle) Case 'SETTINGS' If $toggle = $GUI_SHOW Then GUISetStyle(BitOR($WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_SYSMENU)) $GUIs = WinGetPos($GUI) $guics[0] = True $guics[1] = $GUIs[2] $guics[2] = $GUIs[3] $guics[3] = $GUIs[0] WinMove($GUI, '', 25, $GUIs[1], 750, 221) ElseIf $toggle = $GUI_HIDE Then GUISetStyle(BitOR($WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_SIZEBOX)) $guics[0] = False WinMove($GUI, '', $guics[3], Default, $guics[1], $guics[2]) ElseIf $toggle = $GUI_HIDE+1 Then $toggle -= 1 EndIf GUICtrlSetState($consel, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($newc, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($edic, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($delc, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($test, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($return, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($divider, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($cnamel, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($cname, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($cstringl, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($cstring, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($pwl, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($pw, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($savc, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($canc, $toggle) Case 'SETTINGS-SELECT' GUICtrlSetState($consel, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($newc, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($edic, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($delc, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($test, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($return, $toggle) Case 'SETTINGS-ENTRY' GUICtrlSetState($cnamel, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($cname, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($cstringl, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($cstring, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($pwl, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($pw, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($savc, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($canc, $toggle) Case 'RUNNING' GUICtrlSetState($querysel, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($queryopt, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($query, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($tab, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($result, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($run, $toggle) GUICtrlSetState($settings, $toggle) Case 'RELOAD-CON' $conName = IniReadSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Name") $conStr = IniReadSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-String") $conPW = IniReadSection(@AppDataDir & "\SQL-Query-Tool\settings.ini", "Connection-Password") Local $sC = $conName _ArraySort($sC, 0, 1, 0, 1) GUICtrlSetData($consel, "") If $conName[$selC][1] <> "*!*BLANK*!*" Then GuiCtrlSetData($cname, $conName[$selC][1]) GuiCtrlSetData($cString, $conStr[$selC][1]) GuiCtrlSetData($pw, StringEncrypt(False, $conPW[$selC][1])) $selC = $conName[$selC][1] Else For $i = 1 To UBound($sC)-1 If $sC[$i][1] <> '*!*BLANK*!*' Then GuiCtrlSetData($cname, $sC[$i][1]) GuiCtrlSetData($cString, $conStr[$sC[$i][0]][1]) GuiCtrlSetData($pw, StringEncrypt(False, $conPW[$sC[$i][0]][1])) $selC = $sC[$i][1] ExitLoop EndIf Next EndIf For $i = 1 To UBound($sC)-1 If $sC[$i][1] <> '*!*BLANK*!*' Then GUICtrlSetData($consel, $sC[$i][1], $selC) Next EndSwitch EndFunc Func MY_WM_SIZE($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam) $GUIs = WinGetPos($GUI) $fResized = True Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>MY_WM_SIZE Func StringEncrypt($bEncrypt, $sData, $sPassword = 'SQL') If $sData = "" Then Return '' _Crypt_Startup() ; Start the Crypt library. Local $sReturn = '' If $bEncrypt Then ; If the flag is set to True then encrypt, otherwise decrypt. $sReturn = _Crypt_EncryptData($sData, $sPassword, $CALG_RC4) Else $sReturn = BinaryToString(_Crypt_DecryptData($sData, $sPassword, $CALG_RC4)) EndIf _Crypt_Shutdown() ; Shutdown the Crypt library. Return $sReturn EndFunc ;==>StringEncrypt Func _Input_Check($hInput) Local $sText = GUICtrlRead($hInput) If StringRegExp($sText, "[^A-Za-z0-9 _]") Then GUICtrlSetData($hInput, StringRegExpReplace($sText, "[^A-Za-z0-9 _]", "")) EndFunc Func _SelectAllTextInEdit();will make select all text in any focused edit Local $theHandle = _WinAPI_GetFocus() Local $TheClass = _WinAPI_GetClassName($theHandle) If $TheClass = 'Edit' Then _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($theHandle, 0, -1) EndFunc Func MyErrFunc() $HexNumber=hex($oMyError.number,8) $sqlErr = "We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _ "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.description & @CRLF & _ "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oMyError.windescription & @CRLF & _ "err.number is: " & @TAB & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _ "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.scriptline & @CRLF & _ "err.source is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.source & @CRLF & _ "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.helpcontext SetError(1) ; to check for after this function returns Endfunc  
    • skybax
      Array to Listview
      By skybax
      Good morning all,
      I have a question regarding a situation im in...

I have an array with information from sql query, how can i send this information to a listview ?

$citeste_daune = "SELECT `id_dauna`,`data_incident`,`sala`,`autor`,`suma` FROM `daune` WHERE `status`=1;" $sa_citit_daune = _query($sqlinstance, $citeste_daune) Global $aresult[10001][5] = [[10000, 5]] Global $iindex = 0 With $sa_citit_daune While NOT .eof $aresult[$iindex][0] = .fields("id_dauna").value $aresult[$iindex][1] = .fields("data_incident").value $aresult[$iindex][2] = .fields("sala").value $aresult[$iindex][3] = .fields("autor").value $aresult[$iindex][4] = .fields("suma").value $iindex = $iindex + 1 .movenext WEnd EndWith ReDim $aresult[$iindex][5] $aresult[0][0] = $iindex - 1 _ArrayDisplay($aresult) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_ArrayToString($aresult), $lista_daune_active)  
      This is what i see when i execure _ArrayDisplay($aresult)

• Ahile07
      SQL lack of knowledge
      By Ahile07
      Hello guys,
      maybe some of you can help me. I manage to connect with sql database and use a variable to search for different things when i do the select from database. My problem is that i'm reading the database with an MsgBox to see the values. But sometimes for the thing i'm filtering the dabase for it shows me different values and i only one to select one of it and move forward with my script. Is there any chance to read the database...view it...and in front of each value to have a thick box to select with value i want for the line.
      After i select the the line value i want to stock the values from each column in different variables and then i want to send them as values to write in another database.
      Is this possible?
      Hope any of you can help me in this matter
      Apreciate guys.
    • mLipok
      ADO.au3 UDF - BETA - Support Topic
      By mLipok
      I want to present BETA Version of my ADO.au3 UDF.
      This is modifed version of _sql.au3 UDF.

For that I want to thanks : ; Chris Lambert, eltorro, Elias Assad Neto, CarlH

This is first public release , and still is as BETA

DOWNLOAD LINK (in download section): 

Have fun,
      mLipok

EDIT: 2016-06-03
      Below some interesting topics about databases:

EDIT 2016/07/04:
      For more info about ADO look here:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/ADO