Mungo

AutoIt3Help viewer only displays help correctly if run in elevated mode

3 posts in this topic

After an update installation to Win 10 V.1607 (64bit) I have noticed that help does not show formatted properly anymore e.g. with Images missing, tables, headers, sample code mal formatted etc.

However, if AutoIt3Help.exe is run as Administrator everything works fine.

I have already uninstalled AutoIt and SciTE for AutoIt and reinstalled both in the latest version.  I have used default locations for the installation under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\...

Any idea?

Thanks

screen01.png

screen02.png

Just to close this topic.

Problem was not related to AutoIt etc. but was caused by an apparently corrupted Windows user profile

Migrated to a new user profile and all good.

… Sorry. :sweating:

Mungo

Thanks for sharing your solution with AutoIt comunity.

Regards,
mLipok

NEW:     ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Last update: 2016-11-12
Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft Components * TeamViewer API -UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAPPOP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * WinSCP UDF *

My contribution to others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities *

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rm4453
      Moving Combo To Next Option Automatically In AutoIt Gui
      By rm4453
      I need to find a way to after x amount of seconds set the Autoit gui's ComboBox to next option available, and if it reaches the end of the list start back at beginning. This way I can cycle through checking if users are connected to a network. The combo is populated via a recursive file search that contains folders with each connected user's username. The ComboBox will contain something like " username\config " for every connected user. So I need to make so it cycles through constantly every X seconds I have the gui functioning, and all that I just can't get this one part to work.

TL:DR - How do I make so an AutoIt GUI ComboBox will cycle through all of its options every X seconds, and when it reaches bottom of options cycle back to top and continue the process again.

Thanks! I can't post any code due to NDA sorry...
    • Dequality
      Memory read/record help.
      By Dequality
      I honestly didn't try anything yet.
      But i was thinking about my next step would be to try creating a tetris bot for educational purpose only. Last time i created a automation script / bot for ClubPenguin, which was simply made with PixelSearch If NOT(@error) Then , bla bla u know the drill aight, so i thought i would give my self a little harder challenge instead of keep making Pixelbots, i would love to try making a Memory bot or w/e u call , i read something about memory read/record was used for Tetris bots, since i haven't used Memory, i would love to know if anyone could give me a good guide or smth to follow :-) Either a complete tetris bot guide or a guide that explains memory totally in depth ish. :-)

Dequality. #ANY-HELP-APPRECIATET
    • Eddi96
      Logoff users in CMD with ID
      By Eddi96
      Hey guys!
      I need your help again. So I am working on a Project with which I can Logoff a User in a Terminal-Server (Windows Server 2012 R2), logged in as Admin. Then backup the users partition and log him back in. Sounds pretty easy for you guys, right? So my problem is... I seem to not be able to get the User ID. You can see and display the ID in a textfile with:
      Run("query user>>c:\users\example\desktop\helpmeguys.txt") This line just writes a textfile of "query user" on the desktop. This is an example on what it looks like:
       BENUTZERNAME          SITZUNGSNAME       ID  STATUS  LEERLAUF   ANMELDEZEIT
      >wg                                  console                       2  Aktiv                     17    25.07.2016 08:19

What I need right now is the ID. Any Idea on how to read it off of the Textfile?
      Please give me examples because I am still a rookie!

With kind regards
      Eddi96

• rm4453
      _IEFormElementOptionSelect Help!
      By rm4453
      I can't seem to get this to work properly with the ksl classifieds website. It needs to select the second category for when you are posting an ad on the classifieds, however i can't seem to get it to select the second category, however it selects the first one just fine... "I can't post full code due to privacy nda issues..." I will answer any questions you have for any unclear parts as best as I can... Thanks!
      $tab = 0 $imUploadCount = 0 _IENavigate($ksl, "https://www.ksl.com/?nid=1126") _IELoadWait($ksl, 5) Sleep(10000) ;Set category! Local $cat = _IEGetObjById($ksl, 'cat') _IEFormElementOptionSelect($cat, $Category, 1, "byText") Sleep(10000) ;Set subcategory! Local $subcat = _IEGetObjById($ksl, 'subcat') _IEFormElementOptionSelect($subcat, $Subcategory, 1, "byText") Sleep(10000) ;Time to submit the form! Local $oIEButton_go = _IEGetObjById($ksl, 'go') _IEAction($oIEButton_go, 'click') _IELoadWait($ksl, 10) Sleep(5000) It reads the $Category & $Subcategory for a .ini file that a gui has configured based off of user selections... "drop down lists with available categories that I manually saved to a .ini" I have checked the spelling of the categories and they are all spelled correctly the categories I am testing with is FREE and FREE (items only, no businesses)
    • Chocolade
      AutoitX.ControlSend stopped working why ?
      By Chocolade
      I added to my project in c# referenced the dll's : AutoitX3.Assembly.dll and AutoitX3Lib.dll
      In my code i'm trying to simulate a combination of Ctrl + O
      So I did:
      AutoIt.AutoItX.ControlSend(processTitle, "", processFileName, "^^{r}"); When using a break point:
      In processTitle I see:  Game
      In the processFileName I see: C:\Program Files (x86)\Game\Game\Game.exe
      For checking I looked into Task Manager and there I see in the tab details: Game.exe as name and in Description I see Game
      And if I will click manually on my own Ctrl + O it will work it will do what I need it will take effect.
      But when using the AutoIt it will not work will do nothing no effect at all. And I see it's getting and doing the line with the ControlSend but nothing
      happen.
      And it did work few hours ago. What is wrong ?