HudsonKane

IE DOM siblings and children

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

I have a page with several hundred <div>s, and each <div> has several hundred child <div>s, each with their own children

when I use _IETagNameGetCollection($ie, "div", 0) I get them all, but I need to find a way to get say the 3rd child of the 5th child of the second top level <div>

I have not yet been able to find anything along this line

Is there any way to determine if an element is a child, parent, sibling?

Thank you

#2 ·  Posted

You can use any of the IE properties https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh772281(v=vs.85).aspx

However using an index is also quite helpful:

#include <IE.au3>
Local $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/187409-ie-dom-siblings-and-children/", 1)
Local $oDivs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div")

For $i = 0 To $oDivs.length
    ConsoleWrite("Div (" & $i & "): " & $oDivs($i).InnerText & @CRLF)
Next

#3 ·  Posted

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04

#4 ·  Posted

Hi @HudsonKane.

One of these examples might help

#include <IE.au3>

Global $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/187409-ie-dom-siblings-and-children/", 1)

Example01()
Example02()
Example03()

Func Example01()
    Local $oItem = $oIE.document.getElementById("elComment_1346150")
    If (Not IsObj($oItem)) Or (Not ($oItem.children.length>1)) Then Return
    $oItem.children(1)
    If (Not IsObj($oItem)) Or (Not ($oItem.children.length>0)) Then Return
    $oItem.children(0)
    If Not IsObj($oItem) Then Return
    ConsoleWrite("Example01 found a complete match"&@CRLF)
EndFunc

Func Example02()
    Local $oItem = $oIE.document.body
    $oItem = $oItem.children(0)
    $oItem = $oItem.children(0)
    If Not IsObj($oItem) Then Return
    ConsoleWrite("Example02 found a complete match"&@CRLF)
EndFunc

Func Example03()
    Local $oItem = $oIE.document
    If (Not IsObj($oItem)) Then Return
    $oItems = $oItem.querySelectorAll("div>div:nth-of-type(5)>div:nth-of-type(1)");to use the retusn use length property and $oItems($i)
    If (Not IsObj($oItem)) Or $oItem.length=0 Then Return
    ConsoleWrite("Example03 found a complete match"&@CRLF)
EndFunc

#5 ·  Posted

Thank you, I didn't realize I could use querySelectorAll().  I am new to this and having an issue

this gives me the html I expect 

$a = $ie.document.getElementById("main_div_id")
ConsoleWrite($a.outerHtml)

but both of these yield empty html

$a = $ie.querySelectorAll("#main_div_id > div:nth-of-type(1)")
ConsoleWrite($a.outerHtml)
or
$a = $ie.document.getElementById("main_div_id")
If (IsObj($a)) Then
    Local $b = $a.querySelectorAll("div:nth-of-type(1)")
    If IsObj($b) Then
       ConsoleWrite($b.outerHtml)
    EndIf
EndIf

#6 ·  Posted

This appears to be what I want, for the second item at least

ConsoleWrite($b.item(0))

#8 ·  Posted

Would help if I actually read and followed your advice....

This is working great

Local $document = $ie.document
Local $a = $document.querySelectorAll("#main_div_id > div:nth-of-type(1)")
if IsObj($a) Then
    ConsoleWrite($a.item(0).outerHtml)
EndIf

Thanks so much!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      Hi.
      A user have to be a member of specific groups. If the user is a member of 1 of the below groups it has to a member of "Mailuser_". If not then I need to add user to the "Mailuser_".
      But how can I search in the array. In the code I do If...then, but it will just jump to my next if...then and search in that "index". But that is not what I want. It seems that I have to do a new For...To, right? But there have to be a easier way to do this.

Func FindADInfo() Local $sUsersSource, $sBackupFolder, $sSiteHomePath, $sFileOpenDialog Local $aSamAccountName[1][1], $aTempSamAccountName[1] For $i = 0 to UBound($aAllMailSites) - 1 if $aAllMailSites[$i] <> "" then if $bDebugMode Then ConsoleWrite("Collecting AD info for " & StringRight($aAllMailSites[$i], 2) & StringMid($aAllMailSites[$i], StringInStr($aAllMailSites[$i], ",") - 2, 2) & @CRLF) Else _FileWriteLog($hFile, "Collecting AD info for " & StringRight($aAllMailSites[$i], 2) & StringMid($aAllMailSites[$i], StringInStr($aAllMailSites[$i], ",") - 2, 2)) EndIf $aSamAccountName = _AD_GetObjectsInOU($aAllMailSites[$i] & ",OU=company,DC=AD,DC=company,DC=ORG", "(&(objectcategory=person)(objectclass=user))",2, "sAMAccountName,distinguishedName,displayname", "displayname") _ArrayDelete($aSamAccountName, 0) for $x = 0 to UBound($aSamAccountName) -1 if StringInStr($aSamAccountName[$x][1],"Resources") = 0 Then local $aUserGroups = _AD_GetUserGroups($aSamAccountName[$x][1]) _ArrayDisplay($aUserGroups,$aSamAccountName[$x][0]) if IsArray($aUserGroups) Then for $y = 1 to UBound($aUserGroups) -1 ;MsgBox(0,"",$aUserGroups[$y]) If StringInStr($aUserGroups[$y],"Office365_E3_SharedMailBox") <> 0 Or StringInStr($aUserGroups[$y],"Office365_E3_OPP_EXO_SPO") <> 0 Or StringInStr($aUserGroups[$y],"Office365_E3_OPP_EXO_SFBPLUS") <> 0 Or StringInStr($aUserGroups[$y],"Office365_E3_OPP_EXO_SFB") <> 0 Or StringInStr($aUserGroups[$y],"Office365_E3_OPP") <> 0 Or StringInStr($aUserGroups[$y],"Office365_E3_FULL") <> 0 Or StringInStr($aUserGroups[$y],"Office365_E1_EXO") <> 0 Then If StringInStr($aUserGroups[$y],"Mailuser_") = 0 Then ConsoleWrite($aSamAccountName[$x][0] & " Add to mailgroup") EndIf EndIf Next EndIf EndIf Next EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>FindADInfo  
    • ur
      By ur
      For the below form, I am able to automate using below code for textboxes.

#include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach("http://localhost:18170/MartAdmin/", "url") _IELoadWait($oIE) $Search = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"x-auto-16-input") _IEPropertySet($Search, 'innerText','Uday KIran') $Search = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"x-auto-18-input") _IEPropertySet($Search, 'innerText','Uday KIran') But for the Login button, there is no id or name.
      The html code when I click on Inspect element in browser, shown below.
      <button tabindex="0" class="x-btn-text" style="width: 64px; position: relative;" type="button">Log In</button> Please let me know how to click this.?

• VaishnaviBUtpat
      By VaishnaviBUtpat
      <!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en" xml:lang="en" style="height: 100%;" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <title></title> <style> * { margin: 0; padding: 0; } .th-lk { color: #3665d0; font-family: Arial; font-size: small; text-decoration: none; } .th-lk { vertical-align: 0px; } .th-menu2 .th-lk { line-height: 2em; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-right: 0px; overflow: hidden; padding: 0; text-decoration: none; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; width: 100%; } .th-menu2 .th-lk { color: black; font-weight: bold; } .th-menu2 > li > .th-lk { display: block; padding-left: 8px; width: auto; } .th-menu2 .th-menu2-sub-item .th-lk, .th-menu2 .th-menu2-sub-item-hov .th-lk { margin-right: 20px; } .th-menu2-sub-item { position: relative !important; } .th-menu2 .th-menu2-item, .th-menu2 .th-menu2-item-hov, .th-menu2 .th-menu2-sub-item, .th-menu2 .th-menu2-sub-item-hov { background-repeat: repeat-x; border-left-style: solid; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-style: solid; border-right-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px; height: 2em; list-style: none; margin-bottom: 0px; padding: 0; width: 100%; } .th-menu2 .th-menu2-item, .th-menu2 .th-menu2-item-hov, .th-menu2 .th-menu2-sub-item, .th-menu2 .th-menu2-sub-item-hov { background-color: #ECECEC; background-image: url(sap_skins/default/styling/lshape/chg_butt_det_nav.gif); border-left-color: #d3d1ce; border-right-color: #d3d1ce; border-top-color: #d3d1ce; border-top-width: 0px; } .th-menu2 { border: 0 solid black; left: 0px; list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; position: relative; } .th-menu2 { z-index: 10006; } .th-menu2 { background-color: white; } div { zoom: 1; } .th-sc-content { left: 0px; position: absolute; top: 0px; } .th-sc-container { left: 0px; overflow: hidden; position: relative; top: 0px; } .th-sc-top { position: relative; } .th-sc-top, .th-sc-content, .th-sc-container, .th-sc-buttondown, .th-sc-buttonup { width: 172px; } .th-sc-buttonup, .th-sc-container { z-index: 10101; } .th-sc-top { z-index: 10100; } body, td, th { font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: small; } .th-l-navcontainer, .th_l_downcontainer { border-right-style: solid; border-right-width: 1px; width: 172px; } .th-l-navcontainer, .th_l_downcontainer { background-color: white; border-right-color: #d3d1ce; } body, html { margin: 0px; border: 0; margin: 0; } </style> </head> <body><form name="myFormId" id="myFormId" action="/sap(ZT1TVVJEWDFWVFVsOWZYMTlmTWpNNU9UWmZXWTlwZG5telZ1RGhBSUFBQ3Nyc2tBPT0=)/bc/bsp/sap/crm_ui_frame/BSPWDApplication.do?sap-client=100&amp;sap-language=EN&amp;sap-domainrelax=min" method="post" target="WorkAreaFrame2"><div class="th-ajax-area" id="rootAreaDiv"><div id="C1_W1_V2" tgt="" dhe="false"><table width="100%" style="table-layout: fixed;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td><table width="100%" style="table-layout: fixed;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="th-l-navcontainer" id="th_l_navcontainer"><div class="th-sc-top" id="C1_W1_V2_thescroll" style="height: 786px;"><div class="th-sc-container" id="C1_W1_V2_thescroll_scbox" style="height: 786px;"><div class="th-sc-content" id="C1_W1_V2_thescroll_sccontent"><div class="th-ajax-area" id="C1_W1_V2_$navbar"><div id="C7_W35_V36" tgt="" dhe="true" excevt="" intevt="c:C7_W35_V36:C1_W1_V2_C7_W35_V36_MainNavigationLinks.do;" automode="true"><div class="th-ajax-area" id="C1_W1_V2_C7_W35_V36_MainNavigationLinks.do"><ul class="th-menu2" id="C7_W35_V36_mainmenu" style="width: 171px;"><li class="th-menu2-sub-item"><a title="Sales Cycle" class="th-lk" id="C7_W35_V36_UTL-SLS" onclick="htmlbSubmitLib('htmlb',this,'thtmlb:link:click:0','myFormId','C7_W35_V36_UTL-SLS','UTL\x2dSLS\x2dWC',0);return false" onfocus="thSaveKbFocus(this);" oncontextmenu="return false;" href="javascript:void(0)">Sales Cycle</a></li></ul></div></div></div></div></div></div></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></div></div></form></body> </html> How to capture above HTML element using AutoIT
    • cu0x
      By cu0x
      Hello guys,

im trying to solved a problem that I have.

Need to get some chinese text from an old Wise script, and in the wise file says f.e. Ù×÷ϵͳ¡£ ÇëÉý¼¶Ä. Is there any way to convert it to traditional chinese?

Already tryied the following code...

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() ; Define the string that will be converted later. ; NOTE: This string may show up as ?? in the help file and even in some editors. ; This example is saved as UTF-8 with BOM. It should display correctly in editors ; which support changing code pages based on BOMs. Local Const $sString = "Ù×÷ϵͳ¡£ ÇëÉý¼¶Ä" ; Temporary variables used to store conversion results. $dBinary will hold ; the original string in binary form and $sConverted will hold the result ; afte it's been transformed back to the original format. Local $dBinary = Binary(""), $sConverted = "" ; Convert the original UTF-8 string to an ANSI compatible binary string. $dBinary = StringToBinary($sString) ; Convert the ANSI compatible binary string back into a string. $sConverted = BinaryToString($dBinary) ; Display the resulsts. Note that the last two characters will appear ; as ?? since they cannot be represented in ANSI. DisplayResults($sString, $dBinary, $sConverted, "ANSI") ; Convert the original UTF-8 string to an UTF16-LE binary string. $dBinary = StringToBinary($sString, 2) ; Convert the UTF16-LE binary string back into a string. $sConverted = BinaryToString($dBinary, 2) ; Display the resulsts. DisplayResults($sString, $dBinary, $sConverted, "UTF16-LE") ; Convert the original UTF-8 string to an UTF16-BE binary string. $dBinary = StringToBinary($sString, 3) ; Convert the UTF16-BE binary string back into a string. $sConverted = BinaryToString($dBinary, 3) ; Display the resulsts. DisplayResults($sString, $dBinary, $sConverted, "UTF16-BE") ; Convert the original UTF-8 string to an UTF-8 binary string. $dBinary = StringToBinary($sString, 4) ; Convert the UTF8 binary string back into a string. $sConverted = BinaryToString($dBinary, 4) ; Display the resulsts. DisplayResults($sString, $dBinary, $sConverted, "UTF8") EndFunc ;==>Example ; Helper function which formats the message for display. It takes the following parameters: ; $sOriginal - The original string before conversions. ; $dBinary - The original string after it has been converted to binary. ; $sConverted- The string after it has been converted to binary and then back to a string. ; $sConversionType - A human friendly name for the encoding type used for the conversion. Func DisplayResults($sOriginal, $dBinary, $sConverted, $sConversionType) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Original:" & @CRLF & $sOriginal & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Binary:" & @CRLF & $dBinary & @CRLF & @CRLF & $sConversionType & ":" & @CRLF & $sConverted) EndFunc ;==>DisplayResults Thanks a lot!
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I want create retractable bar using autoit
      I tried creating slider, but there's a problem with screen reader for the blind, so is there another retractable tape?
      It is advisable to not accept dragging with the keybord only with  mouse
      note:
      This bar is needed in the process of raising and lowering the volume
      I hope that there is a solution to do that
      i waiting your responses.
      Thanks in advance to all members and administrators