Pricehacker

Make pixelgetcolor work with any DPI

Pricehacker

Hello Autoit! :bye:

Today i discovered that pixelgetcolor doesn't adapt to the DPI of the system, and i want to fix this somehow as my laptop uses 120 DPI.

This is what i have came up with so far:

AutoItSetOption ( "CaretCoordMode" , 0)
AutoItSetOption ( "MouseCoordMode" , 0)
AutoItSetOption ( "PixelCoordMode" , 0)
AutoItSetOption ( "GUICoordMode" , 0)
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <WinAPIGdi.au3>

; enum _PROCESS_DPI_AWARENESS
Global Const $PROCESS_DPI_UNAWARE = 0
Global Const $PROCESS_SYSTEM_DPI_AWARE = 1
Global Const $PROCESS_PER_MONITOR_DPI_AWARE = 2

; enum _MONITOR_DPI_TYPE
Global Const $MDT_EFFECTIVE_DPI = 0
Global Const $MDT_ANGULAR_DPI = 1
Global Const $MDT_RAW_DPI = 2
Global Const $MDT_DEFAULT = $MDT_EFFECTIVE_DPI

HotKeySet('{ESC}','Terminate')
Func Terminate()
   Exit
EndFunc

$iPD = 1
while 1

$aPos = WinGetPos("[ACTIVE]")
ToolTip (PixelGetColor( MouseGetPos()[0]*(96/_DPI(0)), MouseGetPos()[1]*(96/_DPI(1))) & ', ' & MouseGetPos()[0] & ', ' & MouseGetPos()[1] )
if $iPD = 1 and Not _IsPressed(22) Then
   $iPD = 0
   Sleep(100)
EndIf
if $iPD = 0 And _IsPressed(22) Then ;Page down is pressed
   ClipPut( 'PixelGetColor($aPos[2]' & '*' & MouseGetPos(0)/$aPos[2] & ',' & '$aPos[3]' & '*' & MouseGetPos(1)/$aPos[3] & ')' & '=' & PixelGetColor( MouseGetPos()[0], MouseGetPos()[1]))
   $iPD = 1
EndIf
WEnd

;Functions

Func _DPI($iCordinate) ;0 for x and 1 for y
   _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness($PROCESS_SYSTEM_DPI_AWARE)
   $aMonitors = _WinAPI_EnumDisplayMonitors()
   $aDPI = _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor($aMonitors[1][0], $MDT_DEFAULT)
   Return $aDPI[$iCordinate]
EndFunc

Func _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness($DPIAware)
  DllCall("Shcore.dll", "long", "SetProcessDpiAwareness", "int", $DPIAware)
  If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
EndFunc

Func _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor($hMonitor, $dpiType)
  Local $X, $Y
  $aRet = DllCall("Shcore.dll", "long", "GetDpiForMonitor", "long", $hMonitor, "int", $dpiType, "uint*", $X, "uint*", $Y)
  If @error Or Not IsArray($aRet) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
  Local $aDPI[2] = [$aRet[3],$aRet[4]]
  Return $aDPI
EndFunc

I'm pretty sure it has to do with me using the DPI in the wrong way as i dont really understand it (even after searching around on the internet for like an hour)

It would really help if anyone could help me on the right track :P

Bert

I'm going to ask the obvious question - why do you have to do a pixel color search? Why can't you just hook into the control you need directly? The problem you are having is one of the many reasons why pixel searching is just plain bad coding.

Even better - what is the name of the application? Most likely we already have a solution coded for you and will save you loads of trouble. For example if you are working in a web interface use this: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/153520-iuiautomation-ms-framework-automate-chrome-ff-ie/

Pricehacker

Thank you Bert from the muppets, but I am having a competition with my group of friends where we try to make the most efficient cookie clicker script. As far as i am concerned pixelgetcolor is the only command that would help me to win. :P

mLipok

Did you try to check maginfication and recalculate coordinates ?

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskScheduler

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2018-10-31

Jos
1 hour ago, Pricehacker said:

Thank you Bert from the muppets, but I am having a competition with my group of friends where we try to make the most efficient cookie clicker script. As far as i am concerned pixelgetcolor is the only command that would help me to win. :P

funny .... and locked. You better read those forum rules before you post next!

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)