Tidy major Update (2-Nov-2018)

Jos

• Developers
4 hours ago, jpm said:

not sure to understand why in the 3rd example for #ce/#cs they are not aligned to 40

Why do you assume it should be aligned to 40 as I didn't specify that anywhere?

It does align when I tidy it like this:

#Tidy_Parameters=/tcb
#Tidy_ILC_Pos=40
Func _commentedfunction()              ; before tidy
    While 1

For $i = 1 To 10
            #cs ; comment block start at col=5 - not well positioned  - should be 13 instead 5
                If $a = 1 Then
                    ConsoleWrite("")   ; any code - not well positioned  - should be 13 instead 5
                    ConsoleWrite("")   ; any code - not well positioned  - should be 13 instead 17
                EndIf
            #ce ; comment block start at col=5 - not well positioned  - should be 13 instead 5
        Next
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_commentedfunction

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

22 hours ago, Jos said:

The more I think about this the more I lean towards making the default behavior to skip the tidy process inside of commentblocks as it is obviously also used for basic documentation. Then people that only use #CS/#CE for Code Comments can switch it on when they feel the need.

This was what I was trying to say, all the time here.

1. If I want to keep in script for as "example data" JSON or XML structure (to remember and not forget what it contains) then I do not want to any tool like TIDY or other change anything in this CommentBlock area , any single char - - but this is only for data located in lines between #cs #ce

2. The only one what I would like to change is to properly positioning line with #ce and line with #cs directive - not the content between them.

For this two reason I mention about CTRL+SHIFT+Q problem which is of course separate from TIDY but should be mentioned as a REMARK things which should be looked at in some not declared time (personaly I hope soon) .

22 hours ago, Jos said:

So my idea is to  leave the current /Skip_commentblock for backwards compatibility, but change the default from 0 to 1 and add a new directive which indicates to tidy comment blocks:

Agree.

I will check your modyfcation ASAP-  today I'm going to watch movie with my wife.

Cheers.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

2. The only one what I would like to change is to properly positioning line with #ce and line with #cs directive - not the content between them.

I know you proposed this and think I have answered that too. ;) 
Simply use Ctrl+q for the whole block so it is prefixed by ";~" and those lines will not be moved anymore.

1 hour ago, mLipok said:

For this two reason I mention about CTRL+SHIFT+Q problem which is of course separate from TIDY

This is a SciTE internals thing and is not something I will be looking at, but it only happens when your cursor in not at the start of the line but in front of While when you press Ctrf+Shift+q. So just ensure your cursor is at the start of the line.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

16 hours ago, Jos said:

Why do you assume it should be aligned to 40 as I didn't specify that anywhere?

It does align when I tidy it like this:

#Tidy_Parameters=/tcb
#Tidy_ILC_Pos=40
Func _commentedfunction()              ; before tidy
    While 1

For $i = 1 To 10
            #cs ; comment block start at col=5 - not well positioned  - should be 13 instead 5
                If $a = 1 Then
                    ConsoleWrite("")   ; any code - not well positioned  - should be 13 instead 17
                EndIf
            #ce ; comment block start at col=5 - not well positioned  - should be 13 instead 5
        Next
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_commentedfunction

In fact  What I was refering was in this example I Don't like the #region/#cs tidy alignment

#Tidy_ILC_Pos=40

#UnknowDirective test           ; comment

; Know directives/preprocessor Table -> au3.keywords.properties
;~ au3.keywords.special=#endregion #forcedef #forceref #ignorefunc #pragma #region
#Region test   ;test            ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#EndRegion test   ;test            ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#Region    test                 ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#EndRegion test                 ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#forcedef aaaaaa                       ; comment - linedup at Pos 40
#pragma compile(UPX, False)            ; comment - linedup at Pos 40

;~ au3.keywords.preprocessor=#ce #comments-end #comments-start #cs #include #include-once \
;~  #notrayicon #onautoitstartregister #requireadmin
#NoTrayIcon                            ; comment - linedup at Pos 40
#RequireAdmin                          ; comment - linedup at Pos 40
#OnAutoItStartRegister "test"          ; comment - linedup at Pos 40
; -- Special treatment in au3lexer
#cs test                        ; comment Start - copy all after #CS to #CE
#ce test                        ; comment Start - copy all after #CS to #CE
#comments-start                 ; comment Start copy all after #CS to #CE
#comments-end                   ; comment Start copy all after #CS to #CE

; Knows Direcitves/Special table -> autoit3wrapper.keywords.properties
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n        ; comment - linedup at Pos 40
#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Variables          ; comment - linedup at Pos 40
#Tidy_Parameters=1                     ; comment - linedup at Pos 40

moreover I think that aligment Inside #cs/#ce is bad

before tidy

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.5
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

After Tidy see "Template AutoIt script" alignment

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5
    Author : myName

Script Function :
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I you use your example without #cs/#ce right tidy and after you try to comment out the If/endIf the #cs is inserted at the same aligment as the "If", so why to align the internal #cs/#ce

• Developers

@jpm

The last example in your post is not what I get in the last version, which doesn't Tidy anymore by default inside a Comment Block. Obviously, when you do Tidy inside a comment bock, those lines will be tidied, which also would happen when there are non #cs/#ce around them.

I am still unclear what the issue is with the first item of your last post. Are you talking about the alignment of the comment after the #region/#cs statement?
If so: To me everything after #cs and after #region is considered a comment, irrelevant whether it contains a ; or not.

So when we take these 2 lines:

#cs this is commented for test
#region this is ;commented for test

Then the comment parts for #cs is " this is commented for test" and for #region " this is ;commented for test", which are copied behind the #ce en #endregion statements a a whole and Tidy doesn't look for ";" anymore.  So compare this with 

; this is ;commented for test

The latest version however does try to align them by removing adding some whitespace when that is possible:

Before tidy

#Region  test1   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#Region  test2   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#Region  test3   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#EndRegion
#EndRegion
#EndRegion

#Region    test1   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#Region    test2   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#Region    test3   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#EndRegion
#EndRegion
#EndRegion

#cs test1     ; comment Start - copy all after #CS to #CE
#cs test2     ; comment Start - copy all after #CS to #CE
#cs test3     ; comment Start - copy all after #CS to #CE
#ce
#ce
#ce
#comments-start  ; comment Start copy all after #CS to #CE
#comments-end

After Tidy (Default)

#Region  test1   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#Region  test2   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#Region  test3   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#EndRegion  test3   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#EndRegion  test2   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#EndRegion  test1   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion

#Region    test1   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#Region    test2   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#Region    test3   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#EndRegion test3   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#EndRegion test2   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#EndRegion test1   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion

#ce test3     ; comment Start - copy all after #CS to #CE
#ce test2     ; comment Start - copy all after #CS to #CE
#ce test1     ; comment Start - copy all after #CS to #CE
#comments-end    ; comment Start copy all after #CS to #CE

After Tidy with /TCB

#Tidy_Parameters=/tcb
#EndRegion  test3   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#EndRegion  test2   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion
#EndRegion  test1   ; comment there not enough spaces, so simply copy Eveything after #Region to #EndRegion

#EndRegion test3   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#EndRegion test2   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion
#EndRegion test1   ; comment there are 4 spaces after #region so can line it up with EndRegion

After tidy with /tcb and /region_indent:

#Tidy_Parameters=/region_indent
#Tidy_Parameters=/tcb

What should be different in your mind?

Jos

PS: There is a new v18.708.9999.17 in Dev that fixed the copy of the comment part to the #ce line, which was not happening without  /tcb and this should always happen when CE_comment = 1

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

In fact I post the original before tidy

Back to the alignment Inside #cs/#ce  not sure it can be related with CE_Comment = 1

I really want not alignment Inside 

the devs dowload is wrong v18.708.9999.9 not .17

• Developers
46 minutes ago, jpm said:

the devs dowload is wrong v18.708.9999.9 not .17

Shoot..  sorry about that, no idea where I copied that from but I have now copied the correct file to Dev.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
1 minute ago, jpm said:

see the example I post over. for me no real Reason to align inside

Well I don't think it will do that unless you specify it, so please show me a simple example where is goes wrong (input & current output & expected output)  :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

8 hours ago, jpm said:

In fact  What I was refering was in this example I Don't like the #region/#cs tidy alignment

moreover I think that aligment Inside #cs/#ce is bad

before tidy

AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.5
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
    Template AutoIt script.

After Tidy see "Template AutoIt script" alignment

AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5
    Author : myName

Script Function :
    Template AutoIt script.

I you use your example without #cs/#ce right tidy and after you try to comment out the If/endIf the #cs is inserted at the same aligment as the "If", so why to align the internal #cs/#ce

see the "Template AutoIt script" no more "indented

or even this

before tidy

While 1
    #cs ;to skip the code
    For $i = 1 To 10
        ; any code
        ; any code
        ; any code
    Next
    #ce ;to skip the code
WEnd

with some #cs/#ce Added to skip the code. no Reason to ident

• Developers

Please specify the active options for tidy too or is this with defaults? ( which I don't think is the case here or you are not using the latest version?

So for me nothing changes for the default header when running with defaults (no tidy.ini settings or directives).

Found the issue: You are using the posted tidy.ini and I was using no tidy.ini.
The translation of the ini value for "Tidy_commentblock=0" was wrong and that was causing the issue you see!!
Fixe in v 18.708.9999.19

I actually see another bug with the first example you posted when I run it with the latest tidy version where it doesn't strip the old comment behind #CE before adding the comment found on #CS.

I have fixed that in v 18.708.9999.19 uploaded to Dev.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Still a pb with the #ce alignment after tidy (before it was Next aligned)

While 1
    #cs ;to skip the code
    For $i = 1 To 10
        ; any code
        ; any code
        ; any code
    Next
        #ce ;to skip the code
WEnd

• Developers

There is indeed still an issue....   so many scenario's to test as always one somewhere fails. :)

I hope I nailed it this time with v18.708.9999.20

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

@jpm, Is it confirmed working now?
Anybody else tested and is everything working as expected?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

As far, for me works very well.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Jos changed the title to Tidy major Update (2-Nov-2018)
  • Jos locked and unpinned this topic