AutoIt v3.3.15.5 Beta

Jon

• Jon pinned this topic

In advance : Many thanks to @Jon and the other developers like @jpm [et al.] 👍

May I dare to ask a question without appearing ungrateful or impatient : Will there be a stable version (3.3.16.0 ?) in the foreseeable future, that includes the improvements of the 3.3.15.x betas, or is it still premature ?

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Thanks for your dedication, Jon.
I have 2 wishes with AutoIT.
Above all, I'm really looking forward to releasing the Autoit installer with full SCITE.
Second, if possible, when running AutoIT.exe with any name it will automatically search for the au3 or a3x script with the same name as the exe without showing the path selection dialog.

Regards,

• Developers
1 hour ago, VIP said:

Above all, I'm really looking forward to releasing the Autoit installer with full SCITE.

Why?  It is available as separate installer so don't see why that would be needed. The included SciTE lite is just to get people started.

1 hour ago, VIP said:

Second, if possible, when running AutoIT.exe with any name it will automatically search for the au3 or a3x script with the same name as the exe without showing the path selection dialog.

Assume this is an Autoit3Wrapper request? 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

2 hours ago, Jos said:

Why?  It is available as separate installer so don't see why that would be needed. The included SciTE lite is just to get people started.

I think 90% of users install AutoIT to script and distribute the product as binary.

The remaining 10% only need AutoIT.exe to run the script.

Therefore, only 2 versions need to be distributed.
- version 1:  includes only AutoIT.exe and AutoIT_x64.exe
- version 2: full-featured and editor.
But because AutoIT always has script_breaking_changes in versions up. When i distribution with the original code will include AutoIT.exe and AutoIT_x64.exe versions respectively.
All of the above I suggest just distributing a single full-featured version.

2 hours ago, Jos said:

Assume this is an Autoit3Wrapper request? 

No. Exactly 1 feature for 'AutoIT.exe' and 'AutoIT_x64.exe'

When launching 'AutoIT.exe' will search for a file with the same name as the executable (in this example the original name 'AutoIT') with precedence 'AutoIT.au3' and then 'AutoIT' .a3x', if 'AutoIT.au3' file exists in the same 'AutoIT.exe' folder then 'AutoIT.exe' will run the 'AutoIT.au3' script instead of displaying the 'Run script:' selection dialog. 

Regards,

4 hours ago, Jon said:

If this version is stable then I'd be looking to release it this week.

That is great news.  May I say that you should remove the x64 bitwise attempt, it is full of problems (well documented previously).

2 hours ago, VIP said:

No. Exactly 1 feature ...

Then say, renamed AutoIt3.exe to MyAwesomeCode.exe and it will help with the antivirus stuff and no more problems ... but it will lead to AutoIt3.exe been blocked so, nope.
Don't get me wrong. I like the idea but unfortunately will backfire. ( my 2 cents )

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

3 hours ago, Danp2 said:

I agree. If you need that functionality, you should be able to write your own script and compile it into an .EXE that then runs another script with a matching name.

It needs to be done by AutoIT.exe and AutoIT_x64.exe, if you write it yourself, it's too easy and makes no sense.

Regards,

I'm still having problems when using

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add="icons\shark.png", RT_RCDATA, shark, 0

and the dimensions of shark.png when presented in the compiled GUI.

The issue I am seeing does not exist if I eliminate HiDpi=Y or if my screen resolution is set to 100%
Since using HiDpi=Y only deals with text presentation, we are left to deal with the GUI/objects dimensions ourselves.
If my screen is set to 200% all gui/object dimensions (x,y,w,h) need to be increased by a factor of 2
I am able to distinguish that the proper x,y,w,h placement/dimensions are allocated for the pic in the Beta_GUI because I use code to change my mouse cursor when hovering the gui and its embedded objects. 

In this attached pic, the lower gui is using non beta code where the upper pic is using beta code.
These pics where taken with Windows scaling set to 225%. If I set the scaling to 100%, the pics are identical.
I have tried many things to correct this issue to no avail.

It is quite possible that ResourcesEx.au3 needs some modification but I find it odd that it works OK in the non beta release vs the beta.

1.jpg

To inform; I have moved on to using GDI+ to display PNG files in my GUI so this is no longer an issue for me.
Display of PNG files in the GUI was my only reason to use ResourcesEx.au3
I am currently using the Beta release and have no issues to report.

Edited by Shark007

The Beta Installer, upon finish, links to the Stable changelog, instead of the Beta one. The link to the Beta changelog however is on the top of the Stable changelog doc, so its not a deal.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:10 AM, Danp2 said:

I agree. If you need that functionality, you should be able to write your own script and compile it into an .EXE that then runs another script with a matching name.

Yes but its quite easy to do so anyway

On 2/27/2022 at 11:40 PM, Nine said:

May I say that you should remove the x64 bitwise attempt, it is full of problems (well documented previously).

Please add links to this mentioned documentation.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

1 hour ago, mLipok said:

Please add links to this mentioned documentation

Why do you delegate this search when you can do it yourself ?  Sorry to say, but as long as Jon doesn't ask me, I am not going to do it for you.

What I mean by this is that it is good practice to include a link to the problem you are pointing to.
And since you know where the problem is, you probably know where it is described.
I just wanted to have a look at the problem and confirm it.

I just won't check. Because I already have a lot of other work, also related to AutoIt.

No offense, please.

Regards
mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Administrators

Is this something that was in the last full release, jpm's alpha versions, or the beta version I just released? I don't recall touching anything to do with x64 bitwise operations in the patches I've applied for the beta. If they were broken in the last full release then I won't be messing around with them right now.

@Jon It is part of alpha 3.3.15.5, if you run this script, you will see the problem :

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3Dir=c:\Apps\Alpha\Install

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

MsgBox ($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, @AutoItVersion, "Results from both calculation should be equal, but they are not")

$varA = Dec(Hex(-3, 16)) ; create int64 var
MsgBox ($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, VarGetType($varA), $varA)
$varB64 = 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
$test = BitAND ($varA, $varB64) ; int64 vs int64
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, VarGetType($test), "Right result : " & Hex($test))

$varA = Dec(Hex(-3, 8))  ; create int32 var
MsgBox ($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, VarGetType($varA), $varA)
$varB64 = 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
$test = BitAND ($varA, $varB64) ;int32 vs int64
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, VarGetType($test), "Wrong result : " & Hex($test))

Edit : just tested with your link to beta 3.3.15.5 and it is not included (sorry for confusion, since it was same version number)

Edited by Nine

• Jon unpinned this topic